Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video (44649 Views)

Treat Nigerians Equally To Ensure Unity, US Ambassador Advises Buhari. / Buhari Should Not Treat IPOB The Same Way As Boko Haram – Afenifere / President Buhari Promises Not To Treat Nigerians Equally. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by mckay06(m): 11:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
Bugarri, u r an illiterate, a mad cow
U berra resign cux u r not fit to govern this great country.
Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
I don't like buharis form of government at all...

But i have seen dis video more than 10 times because I felt people where trying to spoil his name.

Jesus Christ, now I have watched it n I can't believe what I just heard.

Buhari is a very wicked man n a tribalistic individual.

D north east n north west failed to vote for GEJ in d 2011 elections...But we know where he took development the most.
Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by hasolalata: 11:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
WombRaiders:

This should not bother you.

Why? Because the man is quickly revealing himself and showing what an incompetent buffoon he is

Look who's talking?wen GEJ said BH its d north's palava d south were in support of his action..now that baba has come to our rescue u south re wailling?let's call a spade a spade..that's all abt politics,"u give,u take"..u don't giv,u don't take..so,stop bringing up things like one nigeria...cz GEJ never tot of that n u south dint realize that ontil now...just relax,sit back n enjoy d ride
Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by chuddyot(m): 12:21am On Jul 25, 2015
Demmocrats:

Quick to jump into matters did you listen to his last comments in the video. Op na wa oh
www.

oooopsss!!! He didn't even answer the question rather he used it as a medium to rEinterate his much assured fight against the south... using voting percentage...We re waiting for change!!! God bless Nigeria.
Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:21am On Jul 25, 2015
tdmoggy:
Buhari makes it clear that he will not discriminate against any area, including those that voted for him,. the people that are saying otherwise clearly did not watch the video. This is being unnecesarilly blown out of proportion and taken out of context.. Watch the video for yourself please !"£$%^

Believe me some ppl need to be shot for such poor comprehension and lack of intellectual dexterity; even though the full context of Buhari's words have been reproduced many times here and elsewhere, majority on this thread still prefer to latch on to its mischievous misleading misinterpretation by the OP.

For the benefit of doubt, here is what he said; how could anyone read this concluding part (in bold) and agree with how the Wailing Wailers are twisting it - Buhari is clearly saying he would NOT MARGINALIZE anyone (as it realistically would have been expected given the voting pattern i.e. 97% to 5% for and against him) even if he had wanted because he was already bound by the constitution and would also be contradicting himself.
Here it is:

PMB replied: Yes, I hope you have a copy of the election results. Literally, constituencies, for example, that gave me 97% cannot in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%. I think these are political realities. While certainly there would be justice for everybody; everybody would enjoy his constitutional rights. But, the party, in constituencies, by their either sheer hard work they made sure that they got their people to vote and to ensure that their votes count, they must feel that the government has appreciated the efforts they put in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair.
By constitution, no state can be excluded from government. So even if I want to show gratitude to those constituencies that heavily voted for me against those that didn't even vote for me, they have the protection of the government. And I've made an undertaking that I belong to everybody, I belong to nobody. If I come clearly and show and marginalize a group, because they didn't vote for me, then I have already contradicted myself. And I'm sure people would be too quick to pick that against me.

Its amazing how some ppl are hopelessly lazy at reading and at hearing - bloody mofos!
Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by saheart(m): 9:38am On Jul 25, 2015
NDPVF:
Don't you think ONE NIGERIANISTS ARE ALL MAD,with such an comment being credited to an alleged ONE NIGERIAN PRESIDENT?.
let's watch this last season film .....Bauer is moving away from the white house already..... ONE NIGERIA INDEED......

1 Like

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 25, 2015
yahmohy27:
And do you know ,you are more than what you called him? YES U ARE
Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by sorepco(m): 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
1st of all i think he did not understand the question. and he answered it in two parts thus: that those who massively voted for him will beefit more....secondly that the constitution forbade him from marginalizing any region. so therefore, he believe its a genuine mistake on his part...none issue i had say!!!

lazinc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paLHi4ieE7A

FOR THOSE THAT FIND IT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND PLS READ HERE:

"(Going by election results), constituencies that gave me 97% can not in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%. I think these are political realities. While, certainly there will be justice for everybody but the people who voted, and made their votes count, they must feel the government has appreciated the effort they put in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair."
Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by Aricky: 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
Still wondering......what were you guys expecting?
Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by razid: 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
lazinc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paLHi4ieE7A

FOR THOSE THAT FIND IT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND PLS READ HERE:

"(Going by election results), constituencies that gave me 97% can not in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%. I think these are political realities. While, certainly there will be justice for everybody but the people who voted, and made their votes count, they must feel the government has appreciated the effort they put in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair."

For posterity sake, here is the full transcript of the 4 minute youtube video.

(Applause)
Amb. Johnnie Carson: Last 2 questions briefly; Dr Pauline Baker?

Dr Pauline Baker: Mr President welcome. I have been a student of Nigeria for many years and first of all, I wanna tell you that I have never seen such a hopeful attitude toward Nigeria in the United States as since your election. (applause) I think we are all here, want you to succeed. My question relates to another area of Nigeria that hasn't gotten much attention during this trip and that is the Niger Delta. It's a challenge that you're still going to face, I want you to tell us how you intend to approach it with particular reference to the amnesty, bunkering and [inclusion] inclusive development. Thank you.

President Buhari(whispers to Mr Jack Carson): Inclusive government?
Amb Johnie Carson (also whispers back to Mr President): Inclusive government yeah, your priorities include women, youth...

President Buhari(cuts in): Yes, I hope you have a copy of the election results. Literally, constituencies for example that gave me 97% cannot in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%. I think these are political realities. Well, certainly there will be justice for everybody. Everybody will get his constitutional rights.But well the party, in constituencies, by their either sheer hardwork, they made sure that they got their people to vote and to ensure that their votes count, they must feel that the government has appreciated the efforts they put, in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair. By the constitution, no state can be excluded from government. So that even if I want to show gratitude to those constituencies that heavily voted for me against those that didn't even vote for me, they have the protection of the government. And I have made an undertaking that I belong to everybody I belong to nobody. If I can't clearly ensure and marginalize a certain group because they didn't vote for me, then I have already contradicted myself. And I'm sure people will be too quick to pick that against me.

Amb. Johnie Carson: (grin) Thank you Mr President. Dr ... Newman, the representative of IRI?

Dr ... Newman: Mr president, congratulations. First of all I have a question that is going to be easy for me to ask probably easy for you to answer and very hard for you to do and that is this: there's so much goodwill not just in the United States but all over the world to have you succeed and my question is how are you going to coordinate ...
Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by preselect(m): 2:57am On Jul 28, 2015
nduchucks:

Your analysis is quite myopic.

[size=13pt]kettle calling snow black. . . . . now let me allow you your constitutional right to be foolish [/size]

Unpatriotic closet secessionists who love to take anything the President says out of context and twist it with the aim of ultimately causing destruction in this country will fail.

[size=13pt]unlike you and your Pres1diot, I understand english very well, and I only talked about what he said. This is the case of a man. . . . a bigot by my objective analysis. . . . who said an attack against boko haram is an attack against the north. . . . who said he will strive to introduce sharia all over the country. . . . . who now says he would not treat those states who gave him 97% of their votes the same way he would treat those states that gave him only 5%. . . he said it in the video. . . perhaps you have a problem with english. Now I appreciate why Terrorhammadu and his supporters ran away from debates.[/size]

While you people are wallowing in hate speech and jubiliating upon hearing that anything bad has happened in this country, the true Patriots from all parts of the country are already working together to rebuild our first class nation.

[size=13pt]yes. . . a first class nation where the only thing that unites you is the subjugation of igbos. . . isn't it? what do you know about hate speech?
for over 60 yrs some people have claimed divine rule over others and have regularly killed and maimed igbos. . and christians in the north in 1953. . . 1957. . . . 1966. . . 1967-1970 civil war where over 2 million civilians were killed mostly by starvation. . . . no apologies. . . no regrets. . . no compensation. . . those who had millions in their bank account were given only 20 pounds to start their lives. . .your evil fathers in the north and west sowed seeds of discord between the igbos and their neighbors. . . people who have lived peacefully for over 5,000yrs. . . suddenly your unscrupulous fathers convinced them igbos were bad. . . and encouraged them to seize the property of the igbos in their lands. . then carefully erased this open histroy from all textbooks and tv documentaries. . . . . then went on the socio-economic offensive. . . excluding igbos from positions of influence in nigeria for the next 30yrs. . . while at the same time they continued the slaughter in the north. . . maitsaine in the 80s. . . at yola. . gombe. . .bauchi . . . etc. . . then reinhard bonke riots in kano. . 1991. . . kaduna 1992.. . . all before the rise of Boko Haram . . . . . [/size]

[size=18pt]never you talk to me about hate again. . . . who is reeking of hate? go and ask your fathers to tell you the truth about hate.[/size]

You people think you are fully anonymous but I caution you to watch your utterances. Treasonous activities on the Web under the guise of free speech is still a crime. Nuff said.

[size=13pt] Free Speech? who told you there is free speech in nigeria? while Terrorhammadu is ruling in Abuja. This is a hateful man who even while he was yet to be inaugurated. . had already banned one media outlet from covering him. reversing that decision after people cried out. people like me are the reasons Terrohammadu Bouharry will think twice before embarking on full dictatorial methodology. Bc we will call him out and the world will see him for what he truly is. . . . a mean spirited, senile, hateful, vengeful, demented and bloodthirsty general who doesnt take kindly to human rights[/size]
Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by CharleyCharley: 1:23pm On May 27, 2016
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Ganduje Visit Dangote Tomato Farm In Kano (Photo) / Sunday Igboho Takes FG To Court, Asks SSS To Produce 12 Arrested Aides / Fashola Meets His Former School Teacher After 38 Years (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.