Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,968 members, 7,803,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old (42264 Views)

Tension In Ekiti Community As Herdsman Is Beheaded / Naval Officers Terrorise and brutalise Lagos Community; (Pictures) / Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by AnambraDota: 4:37am On Jul 24, 2015
There has been tension in Lara, Igbe community, in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State after some Hausa thugs allegedly slaughtered a 33-year-old resident, Shola Olaide, during an argument.

PUNCH Metro learnt that after the killing, which occurred at about 8pm last Sunday, angry youths went on the rampage threatening to kill all northerners in the area, which made Hausa to flee the community.

Our correspondent gathered that Olaide, who was a meat seller, had gone to a shop owned by a Hausa man in company with a friend, identified simply as Biggy, to buy an item.

It was learnt that Olaide, an indigene of Igboora, Oyo State, had met some Hausa men standing at the entrance of the shop, and reportedly asked them to give way.

An argument was said to have ensued between them during which the trader and his friends allegedly dragged Olaide to the back of the shop, and slaughtered him.

The landlord of the house along with other residents were said to have rushed Olaide to a hospital in the area where he later died.

PUNCH Metro learnt that angry youths immediately started going round shops and houses where northerners were staying, threatening to avenge Olaide’s death.

The Hausa people living in the area were said to have fled the community that night and the following morning.

It was learnt that the matter was reported at the Area N Command, Ijede, while policemen had deposited the corpse in a mortuary.

When our correspondent visited the area on Wednesday, it was noted that some sheds used by Hausa traders had been razed.

On Alagemo Street where the deceased lived, a neighbour, Mrs Taiwo Akanda, said Olaide was planning to visit his sick parents in Oyo State when he was killed.

She added that since Sunday, all the Hausa in the area had fled as youths vowed to avenge Olaide’s death. She said the deceased was a jovial man, and the Hausa assailants might have misinterpreted him.

She said, “Brother Shola (Olaide) was a meat seller, and he was a very jovial man. On that Sunday, he left house at about 7.30pm, and told his wife that he was going to buy an item in Lara.

“When he got to the shop, some Hausa men were hanging around the shop. So, he asked them to give way. They got angry, and there was an argument, during which they dragged him away and murdered him.

“Initially, the residents that were around tried to save him.But by the time they rushed him to a hospital, he had died. His wife sells food, and theirs used to be a happy family. This is not the first time some Hausa thugs will attack people in this place. That is why the residents are angry with them on this incident.”

Another resident, identified only as Ogunleye, said the government should look into the uncontrolled attacks by the Hausas in the area.

“We do not want them in this community if they cannot learn to live in peace. Enough is enough. Now, they have thrown a happy family into mourning. The man still has parents, who he had planned to visit,” he added.

The uncle of the deceased, identified only as Onimole, said Olaide’s wife, Rasheedat, and their three children had been taken to a house in Ikorodu.

He said, “The family is still young. The eldest of their three children is in Junior Secondary School 1, and the family needs assistance. Olaide’s death was a shock to the family.”

Our correspondent gathered that the police in Ijede had yet to arrest any of the suspected killers.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident. He added that investigations were ongoing.

He said, “The matter was reported to the police by the landlord, one Niniola.

“The victim was rushed to a hospital in the area where he later died. Meanwhile, investigations are ongoing on the matter.”

www.punchng.com/metro-plus/hausa-flee-lagos-community-as-northerners-slaughter-33-year-old/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by INTROVERT(f): 4:37am On Jul 24, 2015
Okay
It's quite a pity these kind of things still happen and will continue to happen in our country.
Learn to live in peace, I mean if someone blocks your way and you say excuse and they start insulting you or start an argument just walk away, go somewhere else or come back later. Our strung head in Nigeria at times is too much.

40 Likes

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 24, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by jumobi1(m): 4:43am On Jul 24, 2015
Education is key.

36 Likes

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by LoveMachine(m): 4:44am On Jul 24, 2015
RIP. This must stop.

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Nobody: 4:47am On Jul 24, 2015
I find it ironic that a yoruba man could be murdered brazenly and barbarically in his own property and region, and three yoruba posters before me are all preaching peace all of a sudden...let's live in peace, need education and this has to stop. Because the perpetrator is your master...Hausa - fulani? Pathetic and cowardly!

Ask him what is your problem? An Igbo man is my problem. Has an Igbo man ever slaughtered a yoruba man? No. Who has? An Hausa-Fulani. Then how is an Igbo man your problem? Very shameless, spineless, cowardly slaves.

378 Likes 49 Shares

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Nobody: 4:52am On Jul 24, 2015
"Igbos don't respect their hosts!"

That is they always say..... but they don't respect compared to who?

On a more human note, my condolences to the bereaved. sad

162 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Rose2014: 4:53am On Jul 24, 2015
You won't see Yorubas protest this one no no no

But if an Igbo man decides to vote for Jimi Agbaje, they'll start threatening fire and brimstone plus Lagoon on top

Just watch and see how they'll even turn around and blame Igbos for this

Rip to the dead. It's very unfortunate

200 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by boboLIL(m): 5:02am On Jul 24, 2015
Y are they running? They for stay

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by shikshark: 5:03am On Jul 24, 2015
and never come back!!!

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Nobody: 5:05am On Jul 24, 2015
Are they fleeing to the Lagoon?

8 Likes

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Opinedecandid(m): 5:05am On Jul 24, 2015
When are told them they were strange bed fellows, they disputed.

What they had was simply a marriage of convenience that can never last.
It's just the beginning.

Hausa/Yuruba...

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Rose2014: 5:06am On Jul 24, 2015
naija8080:
I find it ironic that a yoruba man could be murdered brazenly and barbarically in his own property and region, and three yoruba posters before me are all preaching peace all of a sudden...let's live in peace, need education and this has to stop. Because the perpetrator is your master...Hausa - fulani? Pathetic and cowardly!

Ask him what is your problem? An Igbo man is my problem. Has an Igbo man ever slaughtered a yoruba man? No. Who has? An Hausa-Fulani. Then how is an Igbo man your problem? Very shameless, spineless, cowardly slaves.

And to think the so called angry youths could not even revenge anything not even to inflict a minor injury on one Hausa man as a deterrent to others. Smh
The youths were just threatening n threatening.

I don't think Oba is aware of this undecided

152 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by vanen2: 5:07am On Jul 24, 2015
'his hand will be against all his brethren'

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Femolacaster(m): 5:21am On Jul 24, 2015
Why are all these nyanmiris running their mouth anyhow on this thread? Rip to the dead! The perpetrator should not go unpunished.

8 Likes

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by California1(m): 5:21am On Jul 24, 2015
I find it very difficult to believe southwest of Nigeria. .........

how can a hausa fulani kill a yoruba and their are preaching peace. ......do me i do you God no go vex ....

fine one shoe maker there and kill and balance the equation sad

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by attacker231: 5:22am On Jul 24, 2015
naija8080:

You are running your mouth, here is one of your traditional chief that was murdered in Enugu and nothing happened. I can post more than 20 news on how they have been killing your people but you are here dancing cos its Yoruba cheesy

ENUGU—Suspected Fulani herdsmen, yesterday, killed Tamgbo Ogueji, a member of the traditional rulers’ cabinet at Eke community in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State. The deceased, aged 85, was allegedly shot in his house in the early hours over an undisclosed issue.
President-General, Eke Town Union, Mr. Anthony Enu, said the community was irked and the youths restive. He said: “Last year, the same Fulani herdsmen killed two of our brother, Matthew Aniugo and Chiagha Chigbo, in their farms. The town is boiling with anger now.
“We have reported the matter to the Police. We are calling on all relevant authorities to prevail on these Fulani herdsmen to ensure justice for our people.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/fulani-herdsmen-kill-village-chief-in-enugu/#sthash.VfWgJLCB.dpuf

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by California1(m): 5:23am On Jul 24, 2015

how can an hausa fulani kill a yoruba and their are preaching peace. ......do me i do you God no go vex ....

6 Likes

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by attacker231: 5:24am On Jul 24, 2015
Rose2014:

And to think the so called angry youths could not even revenge anything not even to inflict a minor injury on one Hausa man as a deterrent to others. Smh

Oya, what have you all done to this one that killed your traditional chief. Buahahahahahaha

ENUGU—Suspected [size=14pt]Fulani herdsmen, yesterday, killed Tamgbo Ogueji, a member of the traditional rulers’ cabinet at Eke community in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State.[/size] The deceased, aged 85, was allegedly shot in his house in the early hours over an undisclosed issue.
President-General, Eke Town Union, Mr. Anthony Enu, said the community was irked and the youths restive. [size=14pt]He said: “Last year, the same Fulani herdsmen killed two of our brother, Matthew Aniugo and Chiagha Chigbo, in their farms[/size]. The town is boiling with anger now.
“We have reported the matter to the Police. [size=16pt]We are calling on all relevant authorities to prevail on these Fulani herdsmen to ensure justice for our people.[/size]”
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/fulani-herdsmen-kill-village-chief-in-enugu/#sthash.VfWgJLCB.dpuf

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by attacker231: 5:25am On Jul 24, 2015
California1:

how can an hausa fulani kill a yoruba and their are preaching peace. ......do me i do you God no go vex ....

What have you done to the fulani that killed a traditional chief in Enugu cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ENUGU—Suspected Fulani herdsmen, yesterday, killed Tamgbo Ogueji, a member of the traditional rulers’ cabinet at Eke community in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State. The deceased, aged 85, was allegedly shot in his house in the early hours over an undisclosed issue.
President-General, Eke Town Union, Mr. Anthony Enu, said the community was irked and the youths restive. He said: “Last year, the same Fulani herdsmen killed two of our brother, Matthew Aniugo and Chiagha Chigbo, in their farms. The town is boiling with anger now.
“We have reported the matter to the Police. We are calling on all relevant authorities to prevail on these Fulani herdsmen to ensure justice for our people.”

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Xyg12: 5:27am On Jul 24, 2015
Exactly what happen when you are living with Animals. Why will they take laws into their hands? Till tomorrow, no one will give account of that guys death.

YORUBA: 0 HAUSA FULANI: 1

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Mckennedy: 5:28am On Jul 24, 2015
AnambraDota:
There has been tension in Lara, Igbe community, in
the Ikorodu area of Lagos State after some Hausa
thugs allegedly slaughtered a 33-year-old resident,
Shola Olaide, during an argument.
PUNCH Metro learnt that after the killing, which
occurred at about 8pm last Sunday, angry youths
went on the rampage threatening to kill all
northerners in the area, which made Hausa to flee
the community.
Our correspondent gathered that Olaide, who was a
meat seller, had gone to a shop owned by a Hausa
man in company with a friend, identified simply as
Biggy, to buy an item.
It was learnt that Olaide, an indigene of Igboora, Oyo
State, had met some Hausa men standing at the
entrance of the shop, and reportedly asked them to
give way.
An argument was said to have ensued between them
during which the trader and his friends allegedly
dragged Olaide to the back of the shop, and
slaughtered him.
The landlord of the house along with other residents
were said to have rushed Olaide to a hospital in the
area where he later died.
PUNCH Metro learnt that angry youths immediately
started going round shops and houses where
northerners were staying, threatening to avenge
Olaide’s death.
The Hausa people living in the area were said to have
fled the community that night and the following
morning.
It was learnt that the matter was reported at the
Area N Command, Ijede, while policemen had
deposited the corpse in a mortuary.
When our correspondent visited the area on
Wednesday, it was noted that some sheds used by
Hausa traders had been razed.
On Alagemo Street where the deceased lived, a
neighbour, Mrs Taiwo Akanda, said Olaide was
planning to visit his sick parents in Oyo State when he
was killed.
She added that since Sunday, all the Hausa in the
area had fled as youths vowed to avenge Olaide’s
death. She said the deceased was a jovial man, and
the Hausa assailants might have misinterpreted him.
She said, “Brother Shola (Olaide) was a meat seller,
and he was a very jovial man. On that Sunday, he left
house at about 7.30pm, and told his wife that he was
going to buy an item in Lara.
“When he got to the shop, some Hausa men were
hanging around the shop. So, he asked them to give
way. They got angry, and there was an argument,
during which they dragged him away and murdered
him.
“Initially, the residents that were around tried to
save him.But by the time they rushed him to a
hospital, he had died. His wife sells food, and theirs
used to be a happy family. This is not the first time
some Hausa thugs will attack people in this place.
That is why the residents are angry with them on this
incident.”
Another resident, identified only as Ogunleye, said
the government should look into the uncontrolled
attacks by the Hausas in the area.
“We do not want them in this community if they
cannot learn to live in peace. Enough is enough. Now,
they have thrown a happy family into mourning. The
man still has parents, who he had planned to visit,”
he added.
The uncle of the deceased, identified only as
Onimole, said Olaide’s wife, Rasheedat, and their
three children had been taken to a house in Ikorodu.
He said, “The family is still young. The eldest of their
three children is in Junior Secondary School 1, and
the family needs assistance. Olaide’s death was a
shock to the family.”
Our correspondent gathered that the police in Ijede
had yet to arrest any of the suspected killers.
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP
Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident. He added
that investigations were ongoing.
He said, “The matter was reported to the police by
the landlord, one Niniola.
“The victim was rushed to a hospital in the area
where he later died. Meanwhile, investigations are
ongoing on the matter.”

www.punchng.com/metro-plus/hausa-flee-lagos-community-as-northerners-slaughter-33-year-old/

I said it long ago,,,hausa fulanis are so barbaric in nature,,,Good morning my SW peeps,,, that's the zoo..now you can see how the stronger lions are killing their brethren antelopes in the same cage for ordinary give way let me enter meat shop.. RIP Olaide..

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Rose2014: 5:29am On Jul 24, 2015
attacker231:

Oya, what have you all done to this one that killed your traditional chief. Buahahahahahaha

ENUGU—Suspected [size=14pt]Fulani herdsmen, yesterday, killed Tamgbo Ogueji, a member of the traditional rulers’ cabinet at Eke community in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State.[/size] The deceased, aged 85, was allegedly shot in his house in the early hours over an undisclosed issue.
President-General, Eke Town Union, Mr. Anthony Enu, said the community was irked and the youths restive. [size=14pt]He said: “Last year, the same Fulani herdsmen killed two of our brother, Matthew Aniugo and Chiagha Chigbo, in their farms[/size]. The town is boiling with anger now.
“We have reported the matter to the Police. [size=16pt]We are calling on all relevant authorities to prevail on these Fulani herdsmen to ensure justice for our people.[/size]”

cheesy cheesy
Didn't I say they'll soon turn around and blame Igbos? cheesy cheesy

They killed your brother in a broad day light smh and your youths came out just be threatening to avenge. Right in their faces? Wow You should be ashamed

Cowardice at it's peak. They didn't come at night o. They didn't come early mo mo.
They came during market hours. Haba!!!

Stop comparing apples to oranges. Those two examples are miles apart.

Bunch of cowards

142 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by attacker231: 5:33am On Jul 24, 2015
[s]
Rose2014:

cheesy cheesy
Didn't I say they'll soon turn around and blame Igbos? cheesy cheesy

They killed your brother in a broad day light and your youths came out just be threatening to avenge. Right in their faces
You should be ashamed
[/s]

You are a shameless being and reason your pathetic life is useless. A jobless Ebuka that still live with his mother in the village searched google and open a thread to mock others, and you pounced on same thread to throw jabs even when your own traditional chief are been slaughtered without reprisal and you dare abuse others.

Fulani are killing your own people on your land and your people begging police to help them and you are here throwing insult at others, It sucks to be you. Shame on you for being a fool.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Mckennedy: 5:33am On Jul 24, 2015
boboLIL:
Y are they running? They for stay

lolz!! run go where?? go to alaba aragu you find plenty of them but pls don't run when they match you head on!!!

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Rose2014: 5:35am On Jul 24, 2015
attacker231:
[s][/s]

You are a shameless being and reason your pathetic life is useless. A jobless Ebuka that still live with his mother in the village searched google and open a thread to mock others, and you pounced on same thread to throw jabs even when your own traditional chief are been slaughtered without reprisal and you dare abuse others.

Fulani are killing your own people on your land and your people begging police to help them and you are here throwing insult at others, It sucks to be you. Shame on you for being a fool.

Nobody is talking about reprisal here. We're talking of your immediate action like a response to what happened right there n then. That one needs no investigation to unravel who killed him. What did ur youths do? Threaten n threaten lol

Not even to carry placard and protest small

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 24, 2015
Rip to the dead.

Sorry bro, your brothers couldn't stand up to fight for you simply because it's not an E-FIGHT which they are BRUCE LEE in. undecided

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by attacker231: 5:36am On Jul 24, 2015
Rose2014:

Bunch of cowards

Here is another one on how they rape your parents and kill you all like chicken, but you prefer to mock others while they also kill you in thousands. Hypocrisy runs in your blood.

Women and youths numbering over 1000 yesterday protested the incessant rape of women and destruction of economic crops by Fulani herdsmen who have overrun most of the agrarian communities in Imo State.

One of the victims, a middle-aged woman (name withheld), from Ihe Umuapu autonomous community in Ohaji Egbema Council Area of the state, said the herdsmen who swooped on her in the farm while harvesting cassava raped her to a coma.

The victim who escaped death by the whiskers after the herdsmen took turns to rape her, called on security agencies to come to the aid of the community to forestall further attacks, adding that several women who were abused by the assailants did not have the courage to make it public. A violent clash with the herdsmen in 2010 resulted in the death of three members of the community

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/fulani-herdsmen-sack-imo-community/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Mckennedy: 5:36am On Jul 24, 2015
Rose2014:

Oba ko!! you want hausa fulanis to bombard him abi?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by attacker231: 5:39am On Jul 24, 2015
Rose2014:

Oh now the news is false.lol
Ndo

How is the news false? I am only point out your own hypocrisy on this thread. You said another tribe is a coward but fulani are killing your own people and raping your women in your land. You are throwing insult but they even killed your traditional chief and your people had to run to the Police for protection. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Hypocrisy is bad. Chai.....

“[size=15pt]We have reported the matter to the Police. We are calling on all relevant authorities to prevail on these Fulani herdsmen to ensure justice for our people.[/size]”

13 Likes

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Rose2014: 5:39am On Jul 24, 2015
Mckennedy:

Oba ko!! you want hausa fulanis to bombard him abi?

Nah Oba must not be aware cheesy cheesy cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Flee Lagos Community As Northerners Slaughter 33-year-old by Rose2014: 5:41am On Jul 24, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Rip to the dead.

Sorry bro, your brothers couldn't stand up to fight for you simply because it's not an E-FIGHT which they are BRUCE LEE in. undecided
Gbam

Now they're blaming Igbos for this

33 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gunmen Abduct Winners Pastor During Prayer Session / Photos: Two Men Injured After Being Involved In Sallah Bloodbath (Graphic pics) / Robbers Rape Female Doctors In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.