Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba (21908 Views)

Naval Officers Beat Corper In Ondo (Video) / Naval Officers Attack Calabar Police Station / Naval Officers Terrorise and brutalise Lagos Community; (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Islie: 7:07am On Jul 24, 2015
*They forced us to drink mud water, punctured 40 tyres of our trucks‘

By Ugochukwu Alaribe
ABA—SOME officers of the Naval School of Finance and Logistics, Owerri-Nta, Abia State have allegedly forced 15 workers of an oil company in the commercial city to lie in mud water and drink it.
One of the victims, Opara, an engineer with the oil company, Stock Gap Fuels Limited, which is building a mega petrol station/gas plant on Elizabeth Avenue by Aba-Owerri Road, GRA, Aba told Vanguard that on Tuesday morning, they came to work on the site. He said at about 2.00pm, he left for the bank to withdraw money, with which to pay the people who supplied them sand.
“It was while at the bank that I got a phone call that about 12 Naval men were maltreating workers at the site. So, I quickly left the bank and when I got to the site, I saw 16 of my workers, including our secretary, a female inside the mud and the Naval officers were stepping on them and ordering them to drink the mud water.
“So, when I tried to approach the commanding officer, who was at the site giving orders to his men, he told his suborbinates not to allow me get close to him and based on the instruction, his boys chased me away and I had to call my office in Port Harcourt.”
The engineer disclosed that he stood from afar and watched as the commanding officer ordered his men who used their bayonets to puncture the 40 tyres of tipper trucks supplying them sand.
Narrating her ordeal, the company secretary and store keeper, Juliet Enwereji said that during her lunch time , she heard the Naval men who incidentally share the same fence with the company, ordering workers at the site to go outside.
Enwereji said immediately she came out of the office, a naval officer pointed a gun at her and the commanding officer ordered her to lie down in the mud water.
Other workers who spoke to Vanguard said this was not the first time the Naval officer, who had previously shown disdain for the structure being erected near his house, would be maltreating them.
According to them, “there was a time he came and reported to the site engineer that he would not want a higher structure within the vicinity of his quarters.We didn’t know the reason. Some three weeks back, a pay-loader came to the site and as it was driving out, the commanding officer called his men to beat up the pay-loader driver and took him inside his compound and detained him.”
Efforts to get the commanding officer, Navy Capt. Ejaro, to react to the allegations proved futile as Naval ratings at the gate of his quarters on Elizabeth Avenue, GRA, Aba, refused to allow our correspondent access to his residence.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/naval-officers-allegedly-brutalize-15-oil-workers-in-aba/

lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 24, 2015
oil dey 4 Aba?

this is what happens when u let go of ur talent and mimic

Aba was destined to trade

they don't have any business with oil

unless say na red and groundnut oil

11 Likes

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Demmocrats(m): 7:13am On Jul 24, 2015
Before you make judgement you hear from both sides, this is the story from one side not heard from the narvy guys that did such.

All of a sudden they started attacking you people without a cause that's a bloody lie you guys might have done something and they warned you people.

Besides you guys must have comitted and offence that warrant such treatments from the Nigerian narvy.
www.

1 Like

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Demmocrats(m): 7:13am On Jul 24, 2015
Sad so much sad stories coming out from our dear country, I pray that the Almighty to intervene in this country.
www.

4 Likes

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Young03(m): 7:42am On Jul 24, 2015
not suprised thooo
Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 24, 2015
Imagine an officer behaving like a common tout,all in the name of being an "oga" in navy..

He should be made to face the law if found guilty..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by slinkman(m): 8:27am On Jul 24, 2015
Nigerians
Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by NotNairalandi(m): 8:28am On Jul 24, 2015
The rate at which this foolish and stupid soldiers beat civilians these days is too bad.I wonder if they are train to rough handle civilians.this is number one reason America refuse to sell weapons to Nigeria because they know too well that our Jobless soldiers will use it on civilians not Boko Haram. The Gay Obama called it Human right Abuse!

Rubbishhhhhhhhhhh!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Promisessss(m): 8:28am On Jul 24, 2015
Stupid officer
Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by scarletpimperne: 8:28am On Jul 24, 2015
Meanwhile, BH dey use dem do target practice. Ordinary meeting wey Government Ekpemulo call una dey bare una fangs.

Modified: wait o, how high is Navy captain in d naval hierarchy? What's the Army equivalent?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 24, 2015
y
Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by NotNairalandi(m): 8:29am On Jul 24, 2015
Power iintoxitication grin

3 Likes

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by metorichmond(m): 8:29am On Jul 24, 2015
I am not surprise, it is a norm in our country.

2 Likes

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by jmoore(m): 8:29am On Jul 24, 2015
If they see Boko haram, they will drop their guns and run. Foolish officers.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 24, 2015
PICTURES OR ADONBILIVIT...
Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by ElekeNtioba: 8:30am On Jul 24, 2015
This is the reason I dont have any sympathy for NIGERIAN uniformed men. Under that crisp uniform and poise lies the innate desire to do evil to innocent civilians. No wonder Boko Haram is killing them like chickens cos the only experience an average Nigerian soldier had before that crisis was killing or torturing unarmed people.

6 Likes

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Zeusd3(m): 8:31am On Jul 24, 2015
4 Wat... kilode
Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by stexsy(m): 8:31am On Jul 24, 2015
They know who the president of the country is n wat he stands for, pight, pight n pight......

2 Likes

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by ArmaniUhuru: 8:31am On Jul 24, 2015
Mennnnn that's extra harsh........all this ones wey dey show theirselves for land, Nai dey run from dem tompolo for waterside. Iranu/abasha

2 Likes

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Emekamex(m): 8:31am On Jul 24, 2015
Nigeria military always dispensing force where it is not needed; but when the reverse is the case, they run away like headless chickens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 24, 2015
Typing

Let's see what the albino Nnamdi Kunnu will do.

He will only rant on Ladio BiafLa

grin
Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by younghartz(m): 8:31am On Jul 24, 2015
Eyah!
I can feel their pains

1 Like

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by UnknownT: 8:32am On Jul 24, 2015
Its news like this that make me believe that Amnesty International report. Even the ones you think is educated still behave like the ssce recruits

4 Likes

Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Hammefeez: 8:32am On Jul 24, 2015
Eayah! Sorry ooo. But how did that happened? 15 men Dem no fit fight back? grin
Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Ealiserwest(m): 8:32am On Jul 24, 2015
[7/24, 8:23 AM] lucerowest: Innjoo Gold Fire #15k
[7/24, 8:23 AM] lucerowest: full accessories

Place of living ikorodu
Re: Naval Officers Allegedly Brutalize 15 Oil Workers In Aba by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 24, 2015
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Convicts Ex-banker, Loretta Bayei For Fraud / Robbers Raid Hotel Close To Edo Government House / Boko Haram Invades Four Bauchi LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.