Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Academic Advice Pls Check In - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Academic Advice Pls Check In (5141 Views)

Pls Academic Advice Urgently Needed / Academic Advice Needed, Help Me Out / Academic Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by BrightForYou(m): 11:05am On Jul 25, 2015
Boscojugunu:
it will be advertised on the university website. Just keep checking. At least twice a week

Thank you.
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by BrightForYou(m): 11:19am On Jul 25, 2015
zaragal:

All does need jamb I picked unilag is dis current jamb and I am not eligible, state schools don't require u picking them in jamb

My course is finance

Just make your serveys well before going for those state unis that allow students to write their post jamb exams even without choosing them in jamb,most of them just collect money from students and later deny them admission. I am a victim,i wrote a state uni exam weeks ago and i scored 60 while the cut off is 45 upwards,u won't believe first and second batch admission lists are out and yet to give me admission,just yesterday someone working in their admission office told me frankly that,guy,ur chance of getting admission here is very slim cos u didn't choose us in Jamb. I was like WTF! And later some people will come and start critising those who have delays in getting admissions that they are lazy ass. Omo i tire for this 9ja jare. Less i forget,a friend has his admission on merit in that uni and she had lower scores to mine. So,i wish u and myself good luck.
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 25, 2015
BrightForYou:

Just make your serveys well before going for those state unis that allow students to write their post jamb exams even without choosing them in jamb,most of them just collect money from students and later deny them admission. I am a victim,i wrote a state uni exam weeks ago and i scored 60 while the cut off is 45 upwards,u won't believe first and second batch admission lists are out and yet to give me admission,just yesterday someone working in their admission office told me frankly that,guy,ur chance of getting admission here is very slim cos u didn't choose us in Jamb. I was like WTF! And later some people will come and start critising those who have delays in getting admissions that they are lazy ass. Omo i tire for this 9ja jare. Less i forget,a friend has his admission on merit in that uni and she had lower scores to mine. So,i wish u and myself good luck.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...nigeria academic system is frustrating...
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Joeself1(m): 11:45am On Jul 25, 2015
BrightForYou:

and if I may ask,which course did you apply for?
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by BrightForYou(m): 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
Joeself1:
and if I may ask,which course did you apply for?
Computer science.
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by BrightForYou(m): 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
zaragal:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...nigeria academic system is frustrating...

Very frustrating my sister. But since some people could make it,we must also make it. #struggles continue
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Joeself1(m): 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
BrightForYou:

Computer science.
oh...no wonder,that is a very competitive course, and they will have to favor those that choose dem,maybe if you had score like 70 now,they would have consider you, anyway, all the best bro
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
BrightForYou:

Very frustrating my sister. But since some people could make it,we must also make it. #struggles continue

Prayer continues for me
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by tpiadotcom: 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
You didnt say what you're looking for in a school, or what type of experience/school environment you want.

look up the fees of the different schools, see which is within your budget range.

check the websites, google them, research further on the ones which look attractive to you.

you have to do all this homework yourself, not just asking people to pick a school for you out of thin air.

the new federal universities are also an option, they might not be as fancy as other schools but if they have a standard, they should be good.

Two of them are in the south i believe, and one or more in the middle belt.
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by tpiadotcom: 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
in addition, note whether you'd like a school with a large student population or a small one.

Each type has its pros and cons.

pros of having a smaller student body includes less crowded classes, while the cons are you may have to work harder since it would be more difficult for you to "hide" behind other students (the instructors will have your time and also have more time to thoroughly scrutinize whatever you write on your tests and school work).

etc etc.

I checked pictures and write-ups about a particular school in the southwest which is still in its development stage, and while there is indeed a lot more work to be done, its possibly not as bad as I initially thought (I hope). The school seemed quiet, it was tidy, and the greenery just needs to be tamed and controlled. But with a little (or a lot) more work, it would be ok as long as the academic standards are also in place. Although of course people on ground would know more.
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by BrightForYou(m): 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
Joeself1:

oh...no wonder,that is a very competitive course, and they will have to favor those that choose dem,maybe if you had score like 70 now,they would have consider you, anyway, all the best bro

Thank you bro.
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by BrightForYou(m): 7:45pm On Jul 25, 2015
zaragal:

Prayer continues for me
Yeah. Don't relent.
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hello guys I got an idea smiley
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Joeself1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
zaragal:
oya share it....
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by BrightForYou(m): 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
zaragal:
Ok. We are all ears.
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
I have gone through your post and really feel your pain. If you can learn a new language then I think you should look up japanese and south korean scholarships. Their governments offers scholarship to students from all over the world, don't know how competitive that is. And If you can afford it, I think you should try registering for uniport basic program or look for a less competitive school and do a pre degree in. JAMB isn't the only way to get into a university in Nigeria. I wish you well
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Peaches90(f): 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
At college bound consults, we provide university placement opportunities to individuals seeking admission into colleges and universities here in the U.S for their undergraduate and postgraduate courses. We help students get scholarship opportunities and with SEVIS fee payment.

We take care of all the processing needs and ensure our students enjoy stress-free application and placement into their desired institution in the United States. We have partnered with several U.S universities and as such, we've been able to help many Nigerians achieve their dreams of getting their education in the United States.
Kindly visit our website http://www.collegeboundconsults.com/ for more information about our services.

Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
tensazangetsu:
I have gone through your post and really feel your pain. If you can learn a new language then I think you should look up japanese and south korean scholarships. Their governments offers scholarship to students from all over the world, don't know how competitive that is. And If you can afford it, I think you should try registering for uniport basic program or look for a less competitive school and do a pre degree in. JAMB isn't the only way to get into a university in Nigeria. I wish you well
Which one is uniport basic program don't knw abt it
Pre degree is expensive.....
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by BrightForYou(m): 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
zaragal:
Which one is uniport basic program don't knw abt it Pre degree is expensive.....
What is the idea that u have gotten zaragal?
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
What if I run an ICAN...programme
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2015
What if I run an ICAN...programme...will I b able to get direct entry...problem is my work requirea I work on sat but if I can get a job from mon to Fri I cn use weekends to go for extensive lectures
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by BrightForYou(m): 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
zaragal:
What if I run an ICAN...programme

But,i think ICAN is a professional course for graduates of accounting? oh well,i know little about this cos i'm a science student,maybe the more experienced one should come online to contribute and enlighten u more...
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
BrightForYou:

What is the idea that u have gotten zaragal?

I mean I no nothing abt uniport really...pls enlighten me
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
BrightForYou:

But,i think ICAN is a professional course for graduates of accounting? oh well,i know little about this cos i'm a science student,maybe the more experienced one should come online to contribute and enlighten u more...

Yes but ICAN you cn start from ATS dats the foundation of the programme
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by BrightForYou(m): 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2015
zaragal:

I mean I no nothing abt uniport really...pls enlighten me

Though it was not me who suggested the basic studies programme but i think the programme is an advance programme and they run it for 2 semesters,after completing the programme and come out with flying colour,u can use the certificate to gain admission into 200level(that's what they say,i haven't seen anyone who has done it), other schools too are now doing it,OAU,FUTA,UNILAG,UYO, etc,they call it JUPEB(Joint University Preliminary Education Board).
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by BrightForYou(m): 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
zaragal:

Yes but ICAN you cn start from ATS dats the foundation of the programme

Ok. But i don't know if it's recognised for admission into Nigerian Universities. This is a crazy country u know. So pls,do ur findings well,though if u do the course,it aint gonna be a waste of time. The knowledge and certificate acquired will upgrade u.

1 Like

Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
BrightForYou:

Though it was not me who suggested the basic studies programme but i think the programme is an advance programme and they run it for 2 semesters,after completing the programme and come out with flying colour,u can use the certificate to gain admission into 200level(that's what they say,i haven't seen anyone who has done it), other schools too are now doing it,OAU,FUTA,UNILAG,UYO, etc,they call it JUPEB(Joint University Preliminary Education Board).

Thnx lemme do my findings
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by BrightForYou(m): 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2015
zaragal:

Thnx lemme do my findings

You are welcome. Please do. We are in the same boat. And i am also seriously but not desperately finding a way out of this mess. I might travel out of 9ja for my studies if i fail to get a way out here.
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
BrightForYou:

You are welcome. Please do. We are in the same boat. And i am also seriously but not desperately finding a way out of this mess. I might travel out of 9ja for my studies if i fail to get a way out here.

Pls wat is ur plan for travelling...I really wish to leave this fraustrating country to study out
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
Pls who knows about this philanthropist that trains one through tertiary institution, den wen dey come and work for them for a while or they pay back.....I heard it happes in advanced countries
Re: Academic Advice Pls Check In by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
Peaches90:
At college bound consults, we provide university placement opportunities to individuals seeking admission into colleges and universities here in the U.S for their undergraduate and postgraduate courses. We help students get scholarship opportunities and with SEVIS fee payment.

We take care of all the processing needs and ensure our students enjoy stress-free application and placement into their desired institution in the United States. We have partnered with several U.S universities and as such, we've been able to help many Nigerians achieve their dreams of getting their education in the United States.
Kindly visit our website http://www.collegeboundconsults.com/ for more information about our services.

Can I get a whatsapp number or bbm pin??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check WAEC May/june Examination Result 2018/2019 / This Animal Lives For Only 24 Hours// Shortest Life Span Ever�� / Uniport Post Ume 2010/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.