Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Common Mistake Made During Salat - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Common Mistake Made During Salat (11638 Views)

The Issue Of Shortening Salah (salat-ul Qasr) During NYSC Camp / Muslim Divers Observing Salat(prayer) Under The Sea / Folding Hands (qabd) Vs Hands At The Side (sadl) During Salat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by Dayg88(m): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
May Almighty Allah bless you @ op
Jumah Mubarak to all Muslims around the world........
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by dealordea(m): 12:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
Takbir is very important before joing the solat.... That I know from my scholars and thanks for more insight and tips
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by SimpleAdeminya(m): 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jazaakallahu Khayran to all of you for the beautiful contributions you have made. However, let's remember what Allah(swt) instructed us to do in surah al'araf verse 204[So, when the Quran is recited, listen to it and be silent that you may recieve mercy(i.e. During the compulsory congregational prayers when the Imam( of a masjid) is leading the salat(except surah al-fatiha) and also when he is delievering the friday sermon (Khutbah). Tafseer Al-Tabari, Volume 9, page. 162-4].

The above is a clear instruction from Allah which i happen to be among those who does not observe until recently when i come to know about it.

As Important as the salat is so comes with it many parts that we must try all our effort to know them all so that we can pray our salat as best as we can in other to get full reward for it.

May Allah Guide Us Aright. Ameen.

2 Likes

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by ibroauthen(m): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
dominique:
I would recommend every conscious Muslim to watch this video. Very insightful, most of these I know but we need to remind ourselves once a while. For those that may not be opportune to watch it, here are some of the things I picked;

1.Once the Imam calls for the solat to begin, join at once (some people will prefer to join after observing nawafir which can be performed anytime)

2.Always lower your gaze (some people are fond of looking upward and sideward during solat. I also sometimes do this especially when I take a peek at what my children are up to)

3. Don't race against the Imam. This is very common among the males as they have closer view of the Imam. The second the Imam calls for Ruku and Sajdah, they also doing same alongside him. Wrong!

4. Always raise your hand to shoulder level for Takbir.

5 Don't put your hands by your side during solat, your right hand over your left hand.

6. You bend with your back straight for Ruku (I call it angle 90 grin) and make sure you stand straight before going ahead to perform Sajdah.

7.Don't put your elbows on the ground when doing Sajdah. I see a lot of people do this. The seven body parts that are to touch the ground are your two palms, your nose (some people's nose don't touch the ground o), your forehead, two knees and the tip of your toes. Anything more or less is wrong.

8. Don't walk directly in front of a person that is praying. If the person did not put a sutrah (any object) directly in front of him, you can assist the person to put one there.

9. Make sure one row is filled before starting another.

10. Don't pray with distractions in the backgrounds. The Rasool (S.A.W) was particularly against pictures. Sometimes I pray with the tv on embarassed. Try to do away with all forms of distractions before praying.

11. I didn't know that you're not supposed to hastily join a congregation especially if you were dragging your feet before (I do this a lot o embarassed).You move in the same pace as you were before you heard the adhan.

12. For the men, don't wear any cloth that exposes your shoulder to observe solat.

13. Don't do Takbir when joining the congregation for Ruku, just join them in that position.

14. If you meet the congregation at Sajdah, don't wait for them to rise for another Rakat before joining. Always join the congregation in the exact position you meet them in.

All these points were backed with Hadiths of the Prophet (P.B.U.H). Sadly I couldn't quote them verbatim from the video. It's important that we correct anyone not observing solat in the ways of Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) the best way we can. May Allah increase us in knowledge.

OP @ dat ur number 13... pls is takbiratul ihram included? So we shudnt say d takbiratul ihram nd we shud just join dem like dat in dat rukuh position?
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by bhadmux(m): 12:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
sherryshitt:

Am sure it's an error, Takbir is important before joining solah in any position

Salam Alaikum, I thought so too but am not sure anyway. Am ISMAIL, this is my watsapp Number 07066584011...send me your contact too so that we can chat better. Happy Jummah!
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by dominique(f): 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
niaratweet:
@Dominique(f). Can you please provide evidence for this point " 13. Don't do Takbir when joining the congregation for Ruku, just join them in that position. " . I really find it very strange. Thanx

ibroauthen:

OP @ dat ur number 13... pls is takbiratul ihram included? So we shudnt say d takbiratul ihram nd we shud just join dem like dat in dat rukuh position?

Honestly I was surprised when I saw that part. We can't possibly have been getting wrong all these years. I'll download and watch the video again and quote the exact Hadith backing up that particular point.

1 Like

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by ibroauthen(m): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
dominique:

Honestly I was surprised when I saw that part. We can't possibly have been getting wrong all these years. I'll download and watch the video again and quote the exact Hadith backing up that particular point.

I wonder how sahihh d hadith u will provide will back dis up when we all know that takbiratul ihram is compulsory in a salat nd when it's not done the salat is null nd void...

I mean it no hadith u can quote or they quoted rather that cud change ma mind abt that because I know that nobody can know the in and out of prayer than Prophet ( s.a.w) nd sahabat

Maa salam
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by jlo247(m): 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
3. Don't do Takbir when joining the congregation for Ruku, just join them in that position. can you please explain sheared more light on this?
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by jlo247(m): 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
3. Don't do Takbir when joining the congregation for Ruku, just join them in that position. can you please sheared more light on this?
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by mashnino(m): 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
dominique:

plz do
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by heemah(f): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
Maa sha Allah! Thanks for this info
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by mashnino(m): 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
I think she made a mistake...

You are suppose to do takbir before joining the jamah for ruku..

Guys please don't get confused please...

it is a compulsory act(fard) to do takbir before going for ruku while joining a prayer in congregation
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by sinhin(m): 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
Takbeeratul-ihram is a waajib (compulsory). so WAAJIB that without it, you have not prayed at all. If you meet Imam in ruku position, 2 takbeers are due upon you. The first takbeer is for Ihram and the 2nd one is for descending into ruku.

Kindly edit that bullet point, it is obviously an unintended mistake or misunderstanding. May Allah increase us all in knowledge and understanding.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by DMainMan: 5:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
nyx 1
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by Johnsonpa: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
pls try to revoke that number 13 because you must do takbir ikhram before you join solah at any position...kudos to you but pls try to modify that number 13...without takbeeratul-ihram...no solah

1 Like

Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by loshybab(m): 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jazakillah khayran wa jum'ah mubarak!
Re: Common Mistake Made During Salat by dominique(f): 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
Salaam house

So I watched that part of the video over and over again and it's says the same thing. I had to consult Google to confirm this but no part of it says that one must Takbir only after he has risen from Ruku. The Hadith that backs it up doesn't really tally.

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (S.A.W) said "When you stand for the prayer, say Takbir and then recite from the Qur'an...

That Hadith does not correlate with the point so it's quite confusing. I wish someone else can watch the video and interpret it better. Till then I'll be editing that point out of my opening post. I suggest those that have quoted me to do the same. Apologies if I've mislead anybody,it was not intentional. Astaghfirullah

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It A Must For A Muslim Wife To Wear Wedding Ring? / A Nairalander's Open Letter To All Muslims / Terrorism: Rulings, Distortion And Misconception Of Some Verses In The Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.