Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,967 members, 7,799,288 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet (18180 Views)

Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB / Breaking: New Group Emerges, Calls For Secession Of Niger Delta From Nigeria / "We Are Getting Weapons From Igbos": Nigerian Army. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by EasternLion: 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hello ladies and gents.

I opened my twitter all again, as usual, only to see Ogundamisi tweeting about Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu (yet). He carry the Radio Biafra and whatever Director says, as if na oyel money talk.

So like I was saying, I clicked to see details of the tweet and responses.

All I saw was twitter handles with Yoruba names cursing and abusing Biafrans and Radio Biafra operators, hians, then some of them were spitting anger with one Dayo (Aunty mi) saying that Biafra no concern
Niger Delta, OK OK (agreed), but let them decide for themselves.
Checking out her profile, all I saw was about Biafra this, Biafra that, oil, oil, Niger Delta and so on. Hian, OK I took snapshots.
Then over to the other tweet by Ogundamisi, I saw what got me thinking, another Yoruba saying.
By his words exactly.

"@CeeNaija: @BiafranPrince_ @ogundamisi even when sharing inheritance d woman wit mor children has d largest share. Na only igbo cultur own dey difrnt."

"@CeeNaija: @BiafranPrince_ @ogundamisi they want 2 colonise N'delta, and loot dia resources, bt d north n SW saved d N'delta frm dia evil plot."

I decided to take some snapshots too incase.

So my question is, when did South West and North save Niger Delta from Igbos? Why did they if anytime.

I want the people from Niger Delta to come answer.

Note, by virtue of my state of origin, I am also from Niger Delta.

DearPreye, New2020, atlwireless, Wombraider, NDPVF, nigerianvenom, Barcanista, Goodboiyy, kotv, 1deadlugard.

Who else did I forget?

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
undecided
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by AlPeter: 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ghen ghen
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
Thank you @OP for the mention.

First and foremost, some (majority) of Niger Deltans had the notion of Igbo dominance when the Biafran State was first declared in 1967 and all through the war period. Some of us(Niger Deltans) that never experienced the war unfortunately held to this sentiment and even defended it. At present, some of us have however realised that position was baseless and a product of propaganda. I have to state with the fear of God that the Igbos will not and cannot "dominate" any tribe within the SS and SE region. I am yet to see such plan.

Let us recall that during the struggle for the MidWest region from the Western region, some people outside the Midwest had proposed that Anioma (in president day Delta state) be ceded to the Eastern region while wthe rest of Midwest be one. The propaganda was that the Igbos will dominate the Binis and others in the New Midwest. Fortunately, the then Oba of Benin and other advocates of the Midwest region insisted that Anioma should be part of MidWest. In fact, when Midwest was created there was relative peace and brotherhood between the Igbos, the Ijaws, the Binis and other ethnic nationalities in the MidWest.

I will suggest that proponents of one Nigeria should be more concerned with solutions that will solve the issue of marginalisation and will entrench equity, instead of making comments that promotes division. We have to recognise the right of people to self-determination while we appeal to everyone to come to negotiating table. The Igbo nation is an ally and cousin to the ND- there are Igbos of ND stock.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by AshiwajuFoward: 4:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by benedictnsi(m): 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
Whatever they dumb ass hobos like, let them type cos they have fingers......

NDI IGBO SIMPLY THE BEST....

they are just being jealous. ..... Biko, umu igbo kwenu!!!

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by EasternLion: 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
benedictnsi:
Whatever they dumb ass hobos like, let them type cos they have fingers......

NDI IGBO SIMPLY THE BEST....

they are just being jealous. ..... Biko, umu igbo kwenu!!!

These people have been carrying false info about Ndiigbo for so long.

28 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
Biafra planted its flag on the soil of what is now known as Niger Delta and declared them its sovereingty.

Adekunle -Scorpion -, Akinrinade, swept through and chased Biafra out and uprooted the yeye flag.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by oluwalfa: 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2015
LOL
Who is now chest-beating?
Oily soup is bad

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by EasternLion: 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
Biafra planted its flag on the soil of what is now known as Niger Delta and declared them its sovereingty.

Adekunle -Scorpion -, Akinrinade, swept through and chased Biafra out and uprooted the yeye flag.

See this one.

Did u know what was former East Nigeria territory?

Don't be daft and ignorant at the same time.

29 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Miner13: 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2015
What are they saying?? shocked shocked shocked

Who is Biafra a guy or lady
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by EasternLion: 4:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
Miner13:
What are they saying?? shocked shocked shocked

Who is Biafra a guy or lady

What?
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
Is One Nigeria by force.?

One reason Yorubas hate Biafra is because they know that the Nigerdeltans will prefer Biafra to Nigeria if they are to choose today.

And without ND oil, Togo and Benin will be far advanced than Odua. grin

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by AnambraDota: 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ogundamisi is just a twitter troll and a bigot, he spend all his twiiter energy writing about Biafra.

The ediot is just one of the most frustrated Yoruba cowards that carry placards when they see Igbo containers making inroad but preach peace when an Hausaman stab a Yoruba to death.

LMAooooOooo

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by AshiwajuFoward: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

One reason Yorubas hate Biafra is because they know that the Nigerdeltans will prefer Biafra to Nigeria if they are to choose today.

Ode. We were already the pace-setters even before Oil was discovered in Nigeria. Our region had all the infrastructure and facilities to make it a viable state on its own above any other region then and now, we had unis, seaports, e.t.c. Go and ask your fathers who have been migrating to the SW/Western Region long before the discovery of Oil. And Thank God you compared us to Togo and Benin, where your people presently are 'trading' cheesy Anywhere but the SE would do just fine grin

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by EasternLion: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
That Ogundamis is too obsessed with Biafra and Radio Biafra.

He practically listens to it every single day, and always have some nonsense to tweet about that.

20 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by EasternLion: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:

Ode. We were already the pace-setters even before Oil was discovered in Nigeria. Our region had all the facilities to make it a viable state on its own above any other region then and now, we had unis, seaports, e.t.c. Go and ask your fathers who have been migrating to the SW/Western Region long before the discovery of Oil. And Thank God you compared us to Togo and Benin, where your people presently are 'trading' cheesy Anywhere but the SE would do just fine grin

But why would a known journalist from Yoruba expend energy tweeting about Radio Biafra?

I don't get it.

20 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by AshiwajuFoward: 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
EasternLion:

But why would a known journalist from Yoruba expend energy tweeting about Radio Biafra?

I don't get it.

Guy, why are you asking me? You no sabi im handle to go ask am there on Twitter? Abi see me see wahala.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

you forget that two states in Yorubaland have oil - Lagos and Ondo.
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by AshiwajuFoward: 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

you forget that two states in Yorubaland have oil - Lagos and Ondo.

Forget the guy. Bad belle lo ma kpa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by EasternLion: 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:

Guy, why are you asking me? You no sabi im handle to go ask am there on Twitter? Abi see me see wahala.

OK.
No problem.
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by AshiwajuFoward: 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you @OP for the mention.

First and foremost, some (majority) of Niger Deltans had the notion of Igbo dominance when the Biafran State was first declared in 1967 and all through the war period. Some of us(Niger Deltans) that never experienced the war unfortunately held to this sentiment and even defended it. At present, some of us have however realised that position as baseless and a product of propaganda. I have to state with the fear of God that the Igbos will not and cannot "dominate" any tribe within the SS and SE region. I am yet to see such plan.

Let us recall that during the struggle for the MidWest region from the Western region, some people outside the Midwest had proposed that Anioma (in president day Delta state) be ceded to the Eastern region while wthe rest of Midwest be one. The propaganda was that the Igbos will dominate the Binis and others in the New Midwest. Fortunately, the then Oba of Benin and other advocates of the Midwest region insisted that Anioma should be part of MidWest. In fact, when Midwest was created there was relative peace and brotherhood between the Igbos, the Ijaws, the Binis and other ethnic nationalities in the MidWest.

I will suggest that proponents of one Nigeria should be more concerned with solutions that will solve the issue of marginalisation and will entrench equity, instead of making comments that promotes division. We have to recognise the right of people to self-determination while we appeal to everyone to come to negotiating table.

So, long and short of your speech is.. THE GUY WAS CORRECT? ? Did the ND minorities work with the FG to sabotage the Biafra project at the time or not? It's not about how some ND may currently feel, it's about whether the guy was right or not, which I think you have clearly answered sef.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:

So, long and short of your speech is.. THE GUY WAS CORRECT? ? Did the ND minorities work with the FG to sabotage the Biafra project at the time or not? It's not about how some ND may currently feel, it's about whether the guy was right or not, which I think you have clearly answered sef.
I don't want to give explicit answer but let's look at it this way.

Firstly, some of us had the perception that we were "delivered" from the Igbos, but that was an ignorant position. The reason is that we have been struggling for equity and resource control even before the Civil War. After the way we are still struggling for the same thing. Do you call that deliverance? Was the igbos oppressing us before? Our elders in their own wisdom refused to support the Biafran cause (probably due to communication issues that led to misunderstanding) but the fact still remains that the problems we have been facing still lives with us. God knows that I hold nothing against anyone, but I believe we (ND) owe the Igbos a lot of gratitude.

35 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
Man Nigerians have such a condescending and paternalistic attitude towards Niger Deltans. Igbos are guilty of this too but Yorubas and the North......damn!

Who are you to label yourself as the savior of the Niger Delta? How self-important is that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by EasternLion: 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:

Firstly, some of us had the perception that we were "delivered" from the Igbos, but that was an ignorant position. The reason is that we have been struggling for equity and resource control even before the Civil War. After the way we are still struggling for the same thing. Do you call that deliverance? Was the igbos oppressing us before? Our elders in their own wisdom refused to support the Biafran cause (probably due to communication issues that led to misunderstanding) but the fact still remains that the problems we have been facing still lives with us. God knows that I hold nothing against anyone, but I believe we (ND) owe the Igbos a lot of gratitude.

OK so why are many Yorubas rubbing it on our faces and telling to everyone?

OK, last week, my friend's gf who is from Edo state, said the same thing in my presence.
That Igbos are after SS oil, at the end of the day, she said that their own oil is small but that Igbos only want oil.
I had to gradually deconstruct her mindset with facts and figures.

This is cringe-worthy to be honest.

25 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by AshiwajuFoward: 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:

Guy, I understand you clearly. This isn't about justifying or ...rationalizing the ifs, whys, hows of what happened then. It has already happened, it's now history. But the point is that at least AT THE TIME, for whatever reason (be it legit or not, for survival or not, misguided, biased, naive, stup.id, or whatever), the Eastern minorities felt it would better serve their collective interests to frustrate the Biafra project and expressed this much by siding with the FG, which I think was what the guy was trying to say. That's all history now and has little bearing on what obtains currently, or so I assume.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:

Yorubas said Igbos are betrayals but we stood by Jonathan to the very end. cool

I am happy that the SS people have seen the light cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
ive learnt one thing in life, "time vindicates". if you must know, the so-call "dominace" propaganda even started decades befor the unfortunate war. the midwest were able to disregard it when they were told during the struggle for their own region.

EasternLion:

OK so why are many Yorubas rubbing it on our faces and telling to everyone?

OK, last week, my friend's gf who is from Edo state, said the same thing in my presence.
That Igbos are after SS oil, at the end of the day, she said that their own oil is small but that Igbos only want oil.
I had to gradually deconstruct her mindset with facts and figures.

This is cringe-worthy to be honest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:
ive learnt one thing in life, "time vindicates". if you must know, the so-call "dominace" propaganda even started decades befor the unfortunate war. the midwest were able to disregard it when they were told during the struggle for their own region.

Truth can't be hidden forever

There is still time for repentance by the SW people cool

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by EasternLion: 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Truth can't be hidden forever

There is still time for repentance by the SW people cool

If only dem go gree to.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:

Guy, I understand you clearly. This isn't about justifying or ...rationalizing the ifs, whys, hows of what happened then. It has already happened, it's now history. But the point is that at least AT THE TIME, for whatever reason (be it legit or not, for survival or not, misguided, biased, naive, stup.id, or whatever), the Eastern minorities felt it would better serve their collective interests to frustrate the Biafra project and expressed this much by siding with the FG, which I think was what the guy was trying to say. That's all history now and has little bearing on what obtains currently, or so I assume.
I think we all should allow ethnic nationalities to speak for themselves. For the record, NOBODY delievered the ND from anybody. All of us (including Yorubas) are still fighting to end marginalisation and inequality. I think we should rather see that we negotiate the structure if we want to maintain unity or we call for referendum if we are tired of each other.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by yang(m): 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
Its useless debating with a baboon

A fool who does not know anything but tapper away on twitter

The zoo is an expired entity.

I have stressed severally that it is not a must that ND entities follow Biafra

A referendumn will be carried out

Whoever votes No can remain in the zoo

It is not by force to join the exodus

We will never force anyone to join Biafra

Freedom is Biafra, Biafra is Freedom

23 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: "Try Out Tinubu's Suggestions On National Issues" / Open Grazing: Southern Govs Position Mere Declaration Of Intent - Itse Sagay / Nigeria Among Top 3 Countries With Highest Oil Discovery In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.