Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari (23412 Views)

IPOB Mobilizing To Humiliate Buhari In U.S - Northern Group Raises Alarm / Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari / Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by UrennaNkoli(f): 12:23am On Jul 26, 2015
Igbo Leaders of Thought, a body of eminent Igbo personalities, has warned that the plan to probe the immediate past federal government should not be a ploy to humiliate political opponents of President Muhammadu Buhari, including former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The group, led by constitutional lawyer, Professor Ben Nwabueze, also urged Buhari to immediately restructure Nigeria without delay.

In a statement titled “Only truth and justice endures,” which was signed by its deputy secretary, Evangelist Elliot Uko, the group said the impending probe must be devoid of “witch-hunting and smear agenda.”

It stressed that the probe would be reduced to a jamboree if it becomes an avenue to humiliate political opponents.

Using the probe to humiliate political opponents of the All Progressives Congress-led Federal Government would cause problems for the country, the Igbo Leaders of Thought warned.

“Desirable as the probe and prosecution of corrupt officials of the outgone regime is, we must endeavour to avoid witch-hunting and smear agenda.

“Only the probe and prosecution of factual, traceable and clearly identifiable cases of abuse of office and misuse of public funds will inspire confidence and receive commendation of the citizenry and the international community.

“Humiliating and deliberately degrading political opponents in the guise of probe and prosecution of corrupt officials will only reduce the whole exercise to a jamboree, that could lead to a lot of a acrimony and bad blood which we believe, is the last thing Nigeria needs at the moment,” the group said in the statement.

The Igbo Leaders of Thought also insisted on the restructuring of the country into federating units.

The proposed restructuring of the country was canvassed by several groups, including the pan-Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, and Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the apex Igbo socio-cultural body, during the 2014 national constitutional conference.

Insisting on restructuring, the Igbo Leaders of Thought argued that it would amount to living in denial to pretend that the current federal structure was sustainable.

The group noted that fighting corruption and insurgency alone would not be enough to restore the confidence of Nigerians in the country’s future.

Arguing that the current federal structure, which was established by the military, was the bane of contemporary Nigeria, the Igbo Leaders of Thought described the proposed restructuring of the country as urgent.

It said, “We believe that Nigerians from all persuasions, political divide, zone or status all agreed that the unity, security, stability of Nigeria should be the priority of all concerned at this juncture of our national growth.

“Sincerity of purpose, commitment to what is best for the country and for the good of all should guide actions and steps of our new leaders.

“While views and opinions may differ on solutions to the myriad of problems confronting us as a people, truth is usually located somewhere near the court of justice, equity and fair play.

“Continuing to pretend that the present political structure is sustainable is clearly to live in denial of reality.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/probe-dont-humiliate-jonathan-igbo-group-warns-buhari/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 26, 2015
Bullhari keeps using dis probe thingy to make noise!

Smh 4 him.. lipsrsealed

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by ELTON123(m): 12:27am On Jul 26, 2015
Ya

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by shadelek(m): 12:31am On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 26, 2015
I personally wish PMB will just ask them (GEJ's administration)to return the money they stole and forget about everything since he will not probe the administrations before him. #my personal view though#

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by UrennaNkoli(f): 12:32am On Jul 26, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Bullhari keeps using dis probe thingy to make noise!

Smh 4 him.. lipsrsealed
I voted for him for a reason but I must now admit that he makes too much noise. There are many other things on ground now to fix in this country rather than putting all his attention on probes. He has to focus elsewhere.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 26, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

I voted for him for a reason but I must now admit that he makes too much noise. There are many other things on ground now to fix in this country rather than putting all his attention on probes. He has to focus elsewhere.
Expect more noise from him..

Good night ma'm

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 26, 2015
Buhari yi a hankali a kan Jonathan. Ya zai koyi.
Lalasticlala ya sa shi frontpage

2 Likes

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 26, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

Yeah! I wish he will just ask them to return the money they stole and forget about everything. There are more important issues on the ground than this probing.

4 Likes

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by UrennaNkoli(f): 12:44am On Jul 26, 2015
sameer1212:
Yeah! I wish he will just ask them to return the money they stole and forget about everything. There are more important issues on the ground than this probing.
In as much as this is a very good alternative, I still feel they must pay the consequences of their theft for allowing Nigerians to suffer. Partially, I want PMB to forget about the probe and partially, I want him to go on with it but as far as I'm concerned, it still remains secondary. Security should be his primary assignment for now while other pressing issues follow.

7 Likes

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 26, 2015
If jonathan's crime are heinous and deserves embarrasment, so be it. That alone will serve as big deterrence to similar and intending criminals!

Someone please tell all this shitty groups repeatedly issuing threats and ultimatums to the president to 'go and die in the lagoon' (in oshiomole and Oba Akiolu's voice combined). If jonathan is found guilty of any crime, he will be dealt with mercilessly and deservedly too.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 26, 2015
Until someone is Jailed. Then I will know that I voted for PMB.

26 Likes

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Shortyy(f): 1:20am On Jul 26, 2015
#Yawns.. I will believe in this new govt. When the president learns the full meaning of his party (APC)

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Kinkale(m): 10:12am On Jul 26, 2015
Personally I think hz trying to keep his relevance so as to divert nigeria's attention form his inadequacies..

Baba yhur nt trying o.. Playing opposition as a sitting president

12 Likes

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 26, 2015
Warn?

LWKMD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 26, 2015
GEJ can't be humiliated

buhari is already humiliating him sef

b4 d ending of this year

nigerians will compare and contrast

46 Likes 5 Shares

So if Mr Clueless is found guilty of embezzling National funds, he should not be humiliated abi? Will I expected them to say such nonsense Afterall, their reps at national and state level ate public funds very well during GEJ's Administration.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 26, 2015
cool
Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by loadedvibes: 10:14am On Jul 26, 2015
First of all make igbo people go sitdown. We no need their advice here.

Then make this buhari government do something all we dey hear dis days na either probe this probe dat or travel here and there

12 Likes

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 26, 2015
Apc only portray fake change.

By end of this year people will tk protest to street asking buhari to resign .
#pleasebringbackourGEJ#
#BUHARIRESIGN#

Thou shall not touch our Gej and do ss/se no harm.

9 Likes

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Humblebloke(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2015
Nonsense..... Black people and priority issues

2 Likes

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Omotayor123(f): 10:16am On Jul 26, 2015
Ishh, so they knew what he did was Humiliating

They shouldn't see it as humiliation if he had no skeleton in his cupboard...

Baba Abeg carry on.

7 Likes

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 26, 2015
The fear of PMB don enter their head.... Baba... probe everyone guilty in GEJs government....
#ThisIsChange

7 Likes

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by wunmi590(m): 10:17am On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by JBismarck(m): 10:17am On Jul 26, 2015
Hmm
Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by justdivine: 10:17am On Jul 26, 2015
Buhari, focus on ur core duty and forget about Jonathan. If u want to probe, probe others starting from obasanjo. U are warn.

3 Likes

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 26, 2015
Too much noise from this people nowadays... dem chop craze?

3 Likes

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 26, 2015
.Don't humiliate him? The way these people worship corrupt politicians is amazing. If he is guilty, jail him. Anyone that sees that as an attempt at humiliation should have his brain chevked

12 Likes

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 26, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by shedrack2222: 10:19am On Jul 26, 2015
OK nw

5 Ways To Prevent Pregnancy Without Using Condom

[url]proudlyweb.com/5-ways-to-prevent-pregnancy-without-using-condom[/url]
Re: Probe: Don’t Humiliate Jonathan, Igbo Group Warns Buhari by omusiliyu(m): 10:19am On Jul 26, 2015
He's the president. Let him do whatever he want. Leave him alone, afterall your people humiliated him at the poll.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sowore And Banky W Meet (pictures) / 2023: We Are Comfortable Supporting Atiku, PDP — Anambra Traditional Rulers / Attack On EFCC: Why They Want EFCC Investigator Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.