Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:36 AM

How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) (64946 Views)

Nigerian Guy Insults Michelle Obama On Twitter. Nigerians React / Netanyahu Turns Down Obama Meeting And Cancels US Trip / Kenyan President Attends Wedding Of Couple Who Met Through Facebook. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Symphony007: 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
FINgames:
i rebuke every form of foolishness in ur head.
in the absence of anything further to say, the least you could have done is to bow out gracefully...nice chatting with you!
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by oshaosha2014(m): 1:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
refreshrate:

I'm sorry my good friend but there's no way I won't try to find any means to segregate myself from something as dull as that man. For as much as it lies within me o much as I hate the sound & thought of tribalism on this ground I have to go against even myself.
After all the tribalism was mostly part of what for him there...the other was $1 to N1 et all.

Did you watch the video? Did you see the way the man handled the issue? Thinking on his feet, live, no stammering no mincing words leaving confused asking people what did he just say, (what is the meaning of kwaruption is that an English word bikonu?) no digression and finding way to talk about 'kwaruption'.

That is the kind of man I would be proud to call my president.
You know in church they earn women about who they accept as husbands as that would become their head.

God forbid *snapping finger as I wave it above my head 3x I allow something as dull as this be my head* tufia!

Before you contest this na apc him dey rule.
I work hard for my money.
pay for my electricity & water
feed myself
pay for my security
buy my fuel

so please what is the dullards value in the equation?

I think the fact that the "dullard" is the president of this country he deserves even more respect than any other president on this earth. I didn't wish buhari to be the president because I was looking to give Jonathan another chance. But Jonathan lost out and buhari is the president now. All my respect goes to him as a President. And I am hoping he adopt policies that will unite us.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by ibietela2(m): 1:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
soe:
mumu.....PMB did the same thing right inside the White house.

#GoogleIsAFriend.

SHOW ME PROOF
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Symphony007: 1:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]Even when all their countries wealth are monopolized by the 'ruling' family and they only give peanuts to their 'subjects' to buy materials things and marry for distraction purpose.

While they go and buy Islands, companies, football clubs and close French Riviera in the West.

And if any western bastard threaten their 'peace' they blow up their malls and planes to warn them to back-off.[/size]
you want to compare standard of living in the UAE to africa? Even if africa's presidents for life give a little of their loot to their subject it will be better.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by debque(m): 1:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
California1:
Bro uhuru us very intelligent and smart. ....I wish he is Nigeria president no one will ever complain at all ..He is well presented and well articulate. ...

Thanks to God Obama did not come to Nigeria because huhari will again put us to ashamed. .
Buhari did not understand English. ...

bro...bet why na?...u finally laid English to rest
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by oshaosha2014(m): 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
skyfullofstars:
Sorry to change topics but...

Why didn't Obama come to Nigeria, as he was coming to Africa? Instead of making Buhari go all the way to the States?!

Hmmmmmm... You can't invite someone you are going to ask for help to visit you, you go look for them.

On the other hand, Obama was going to preach to Kenya about gay. So he had to leave his country in search of souls for the gay gospel. Jesus never sat in one place.. He was on and about.

Bottom line: it is a thing of principle.

2 Likes

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by refreshrate: 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
oshaosha2014:

I think the fact that the "dullard" is the president of this country he deserves even more respect than any other president on this earth. I didn't wish buhari to be the president because I was looking to give Jonathan another chance. But Jonathan lost out and buhari is the president now. All my respect goes to him as a President. And I am hoping he adopt policies that will unite us.

Unto each his own.
If you prefer to declare a dullard as your head, good and fine.

Me I reject declaring a dullard as my head.

I respect your views. please accept mine
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
Colo Mentality.

An African is not good unless he speaks English and does so with an English accent? I am happy if he speaks in Hausa or Igbo and has his words translated. We must be proud of What we are and not try to be what we are not .Why must it be on their own terms with their own laguage as the reference point . We must wake up from that. I recall a KENYAN writer of acclaim Ngugi wa Thiong'o who is a champion of his own Kenyan Language .We should learn from his STORY and his decision in 1981 to STOP WRITING IN ENGLISH

My brother, beyond your panafrican sentimentalism, you really need to look at the bigger picture.

Right now, English is nobody's language.

It is the language of the world. Itself an amalgam of different languages.

Socially (and in all ways), the world is like a lumbering leviathan; continuously evolving into a faster, fitter, more efficient "killing" machine.

It is evolving into order out of chaos. And any organ that no longer serves it gets cut off.

Cultures and languages die.

A language is just a vehicle. And if sign-language, smoke signaling or telepathy will get get my point across succinctly, what does it matter the vehicle I use.

The Americans too, were colonized by the British and I've never heard them whining about it.

-

P.S: My dad has quite a few African Writer's Series novels, and there's a certain Grain of Wheat written by this Ngugi guy - which I never got to read. I didn't know he was stupid. He just nuked his audience by doing that. He might as well write in Sanskrit.

May I know how of his novels you read after his switch to his native language? grin
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by oshaosha2014(m): 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
refreshrate:

Unto each his own.
If you prefer to declare a dullard as your head, good and fine.

Me I reject declaring a dullard as my head.

I respect your views. please accept mine

Bro, I respect your views, that's why you never see me insult you. Cheers.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by alexlee50: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
Happiness87:
kenya has one of the highest number of homosexuals in Africa, lets stop this hypocrisy. Even Nigeria is on top ten list of the highest number of homosexuals, cutting across all classes of people /sectors of the economy
madam where did u get your statistics from? Anyway I won't talk about kenya because I have little knowledge of what goes on there.however I will talk about nigeria.how did u arrive at nigeria being one of the top ten countries with the highest number of homosexuals? What demography does your data cover? Age, sex, location, religion,? What period does this data cover? Did u compare with statistics from other countries? Because your statement tends to give the impression, that Nigeria has a high population of homosexuals.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by HIPROFILE(m): 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
Based on my own understanding I have come to a conclusiĆ³n that Obama is under some kinda obligation ati duress to lure certain number of countries mainly from africa into accepting this his ailing gay bill before the end of his term but from the look of things he's definitely going to suffer frustration from african leaders.

1 Like

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by oshaosha2014(m): 1:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:

Africans need to shun Colonial mentality which has eaten so deep into our psyches like a computer virus. Why should Kenyans be proud of their president for his command of English. Is he an English person? How many British Prime Ministers have any command of any African language and does that make their people ashamed.
That is not a trivial issue it is so deep in the psychology of the colonized they do not know it is there just like a Malware. Speaking English is ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT to the lives of ordinary Africans and those who harbour such thoughts need to do some self examination. I will ask a further question how many such people can write 2 pages in THEIR OWN language or EVEN TRANSLATE CLEARLY IN THEIR OWN LANGUAGE WHAT KENYATTA SAID. Naturally you will find such people following Jesus or Mohammed to Mecca or Jerusalem.
Wake up! The Japanese,The Germans ,the Koreans and the ENglish do not pride themselves on speaking anyone's language. Let us take pride in who we are and stop trying to be like the coconut ;black on the outside and white inside.

You are pure pan-africanist and I love that. Even though iam a silent advocate of having everything the way that is solely perfect for Africans, your words just opened a new reality inside my head which feels natural to me, as an African. Thanks for that. We really need to leg go of our self-inflicted slave psyche.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
ibietela2:

SHOW ME PROOF
didn't you see the last words of my comment?
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by omonnakoda: 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

My brother, beyond your panafrican sentimentalism, you really need to look at the bigger picture.

Right now, English is nobody's language.

It is the language of the world. Itself an amalgam of different languages.

Socially (and in all ways), the world is like a lumbering leviathan; continuously evolving into a faster, fitter, more efficient "killing" machine.

It is evolving into order out of chaos. And any organ that no longer serves it gets cut off.

Cultures and languages die.

A language is just a vehicle. And if sign-language, smoke signaling or telepathy will get get my point across succinctly, what does it matter the vehicle I use.

The Americans too, were colonized by the British and I've never heard them whining about it.

-

P.S: My dad has quite a few African Writer's Series novels, and there's a certain Grain of Wheat written by this Ngugi guy - which I never got to read. I didn't know he was stupid. He just nuked his audience by doing that. He might as well write in Sanskrit.

May I know how of his novels you read after his switch to his native language? grin
I do not have a problem with English and its ownership.I have a problem with those who insist everyone MUST speak it and those who don't are deficient. What is Panafrican about anything I said? Do you understand the meaning of the term? Somehow I doubt it.

English is not the language of the world. It is the most widely spoken language yes but those who speak it proficiently apart from native speakers are a small number most so called speakers are able to communicate at a basic level. In this instance we are speaking of diplomacy and state functions and in that regard it is not the language imposed on significant leaders . How many G7 leaders speak English in public when performing their offiicial functions. How many are praised for having a GOOD accent as was the subject of what I wrote or conversely criticized for having a BAD accent.

The point is the fact that the Kenyan president speaks "Good English" is no Yardstick for comparing him or his ideas to any other leader that does not.
All that prattle of English ownership is totally irrelevant to that point. Anyone can learn English but Heads of states should not be judged by English and those who do have colonized minds
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Jblack44(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
cryThe Kenyan president is a wise man,this is a welcome development of independence in Africa. We ave a traditions and gay is against it ,we dnt need gay in Africa ........
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by TolaniLuv: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
HiGod:

Shut that worthless mouth of yours before God strike it with parkinson fool.

I have lived in US and best countries in Europe and I can categorically tell you that Africans are more happier than your so called Western world citizens. How is your life better than those in Africa? I presumed cos your whole life revolves around debt- from student loan to mortgage for 35 after graduation. You finish paying the mortgage at age 70yrs and your children pick up the same useless and worthless life (vicious circle). All these things are paid for in Africa without borrowing money to send their children through University and of course their houses.

You all go to Africa to shout and scream about strange diseases and all that with your one sided media, please, could you permit me with my camera to go to your hospitals to show the whole world what you guys are silently enduring which are all sort of diseases that have never been heard in Africa continent.

If your life is truly better than people in Africa, how come your fellow Europeans are committing suicide at every passing seconds?

The only different is that your Govts see you guys as fools by giving you weekly handouts-welfare so as not to revolt against their extravagant lifestyles.

Get the Bleep out of here you gay.

#fact
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by myrates: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
What a diplomatic response, the Kenyan president was so on point. President Obama and the americans should begin to treat other countries and socities "differently" according to his(obama) statement and stop forcing gay marriage on people who do not share such values..
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by saxwizard(m): 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
Btruth:
the president of Kenya said that Obama should forget about gay programme in his country.....that it will not work. grin

So, for Obama now..., na bad market. cheesy

thank u jare....freemanan oya over to u

1 Like

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Raemhure001(m): 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
Wow! This is spectacular......Uhuru you are a president indeed
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by oshaosha2014(m): 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
skyfullofstars:
Now, on the topic itself... I come from a country where gay people get married.

The issue is that my country doesn't take religion seriously, that's why I believe they support gay marriage. I think that if the vast majority of the people had firm convictions of what the Bible or Quran say, they would be against gay marriage, but they don't.

Let me explain the point of view from my continent... They believe that, for example, if a woman is a lesbian, there's no problem, since it's her own individual issue. She is free to date other women, and love them, as long as she is a good person, I should't mind her own sexuality. She can still be a responsable student/worker, a sweet person that manages the family very well, fun to be with, etc. She's a human being after all, the only difference is who she chooses to love. In all the other aspects she may be a better person than many heretosexual people.

Now, these gay people are not that religious either, so they have no idea what the Bible says. That's why they don't think twice and go ahead for what they feel.

I understand the points of view of African people... But it's a really hard topic. People who are gay simply feel that way, they don't choose it. So in the name of religion we should help them change their minds, but with love. They don't intend to hurt anybody. We should comprehend them and help them become straight again.

You think this is just about religion It is also about culture, values, belief, norms. Gay, lesbianism are seen as not conforming to what we belief as a society are our norms. As such it is treated as an abomination.

Nobody can claim they don't exist, they are everywhere. We can accept them as what we have to live with (our reality) but I dont think we are ready to glorify them as being normal, going to the extent of making laws that authorise two men or women get married.

Before you know what's happening, people commiting incest will rise and ask for acceptance within the law, forcing people to see them as normal, so long there are two consenting adults.

What I think the law should do is not for people to accept them as normal but bar anyone to treat them as lesser human beings.

By the way, which country are you living in?

1 Like

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Caspeezy(m): 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
Tuale to the President of Kenya!! Great response
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by TolaniLuv: 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2015
President Uhuru said! Why impose something we don't accept , Our Society don't accept. Even them ( Gay's ) don't accept themselves in our community. Lol, I know some gay guys even if they legalize gay right they won't still come out of the closet because they are shy(ashamed ) of it.

We Africans, our society, our culture, our brought up , Our life's. We Dont accept gay right! It's not an issue here. We have cultures for Christ sake, We like toto die! Toto sweet die!

1 Like

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by gudluckgreat(m): 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
Symphony007:
your norms? What norms? Judeo-christain values or traditional African values? You guys just use words loosely without knowing it's dept.

Judeo bla bla bla my foot. Traditional African values!! And still as a matter of fact,no matter where u hide in to argue about this,it still doesn't hold water.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:

I do not have a problem with English and its ownership.I have a problem with those who insist everyone MUST speak it and those who don't are deficient. What is Panafrican about anything I said? Do you understand the meaning of the term? Somehow I doubt it.

English is not the language of the world. It is the most widely spoken language yes but those who speak it proficiently apart from native speakers are a small number most so called speakers are able to communicate at a basic level. In this instance we are speaking of diplomacy and state functions and in that regard it is not the language imposed on significant leaders . How many G7 leaders speak English in public when performing their offiicial functions. How many are praised for having a GOOD accent as was the subject of what I wrote or conversely criticized for having a BAD accent.

The point is the fact that the Kenyan president speaks "Good English" is no Yardstick for comparing him or his ideas to any other leader that does not.
All that prattle of English ownership is totally irrelevant to that point. Anyone can learn English but Heads of states should not be judged by English and those who do have colonized minds

Kenyatta wasn't primarily praised for his command of English, but for his articulation, grace, tactfulness and defiance...in the face of a far more powerful ally (dare I say, superior).

I strongly doubt Buhari or GEJ would come close in their respective native languages.

Pan Africanism? Maybe you don't know what it means. Is the issue in question not Africans vs ('Western imposed') Gay Rights?

Wiki: "Pan-Africanism as an ethical system traces its origins from ancient times, and promotes values that are the product of the African civilization and the struggles against slavery, racism, colonialism, and neo-colonialism.[6]"

And finally, without mincing words, a president of NIGERIA - a country with English as its OFFICIAL language - who cannot speak English, excellently, is very deficient.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by oshaosha2014(m): 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]How did he do it?

Why did he do it in secret?

Why can't he do it publicly like this African Hero did it publicly?

Has anyone seen the video?

Apart from what Femi Adesina said the dullard said we don't have any other information on that.

Why is the dullard not televised saying what they said he said so that the whole country can give him a standing ovation for a good representation.
[/size]

And why was it not televised like Kenyatta's where they asked him about gay. Pls answer.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by Symphony007: 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
gudluckgreat:

Judeo bla bla bla my foot. Traditional African values!! And still as a matter of fact,no matter where u hide in to argue about this,it still doesn't hold water.
traditional African values of which of the thousands of tribes in Africa? Do you know that there are tribes in Africa that pioneer homosexuality? It is your type that say it is not African culture for girls to wear skimpy clothing meanwhile the bush men if southern african swahili tribes pioneered skinny clothing the the G-strings, I can go on forever..stop being ignorant.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by phreakabit(m): 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
#Ownage
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by iguita: 2:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
Now we're done with this issue. Our cultures are different mhen,,, Enter BRT lane with your gayish thoughts
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by jomoh: 2:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
Symphony007:
Arabs don't allow gay rights but they don't pay more attention to gay rights than corruption and thefy.

What is this one saying?

The fact that they dont allow gay rights does it make them any less successful than the west. The likes of South Africa that supports gay rights does it make them more successful than the rest.

Don't link success with approval of gay rights or corruption. Russia does not support gay rights does it make them any less successful.

Gay rights is Evil and the devil is trying to make it look like it is freedom which is linked to success.

Uhuru couldn't put it more better. "Let us develop and get to your level before we start thinking of Gay rights. Right now we have more pressing issues than gay rights".

An Idle hand is the devils workshop. African countries are too busy struggling with development than allow devil to take over. USA has developed to an extent where they are now Idle(no more development), the only thing is for them to be used as a devils workshop to spread evil all over the world.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by oshaosha2014(m): 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:

To some extent your words seem well reasoned but the practical hypocrisy cannot be lost on many Africans who watch on TV virtually every week these days as a Black person is slaughtered on TV by police or face other indignities on a daily basis in the US. We are painfully aware of the lot of black people in America compared to whites and we have not forgotten how silent America was to apartheid South Afria for a long time.

The point is the US is not perfect and does not stand on any higher moral ground that gives it the right to lecture others . What if an African leader visiting the US came out in press conference to lecture the US president about treating blacks equally. If nations are to relate as equal then there must be reciprocity and mutual respecct.Countries should not lecture others or meddle in their internal affairs.

I wonder what continent you come from and whether you notice the way different ethnic groups are treated and also if you are as outspoken on that issue

I think they think when you have more nucleaars warheads than another you are in a position to tell them how to live their lives.
Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by klax(m): 2:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
The Kenya president us a genius I respect his blunt answer to moral f u c ker bastards Obama going around trying to impose his shameless dodomy on nation Obama you fail woe unto you the hand of God will soon strike and your end will be like Gaddafi, Sadam, Pol Pot and so on.

Useless animal no wonder your father abadon you and went back to Kenya because your arrogancy is above the board. Obama I repeat I hate you with passion and may the wroth of God fall on you and you boloks sodomites. Damn you with your hair that look like rat that fell inside palm oil.

1 Like

Re: How Kenyan President Wisely Shut Down Obama On Gay Issue(video) by oskaaay(m): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hmm Wisdom is profitable to lead and direct...Tump Up!

NOW OUT ON NAIRALAND?
Top 10 Richest Nigerian Nollywood Actresses In 2015, Number 1 Is A Shocker! details at below:

Number 10: Uche Jumbo

With Net-worth of over N54.5 Million. Uche Jumbo is an actress to watch and a three in one (3-in-1) dynamic lady, actress, producer and screen writer.

09: Chioma Chukwuka- Full list and details at https://www.nairaland.com/2478849/top-10-richest-nigerian-nollywood

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Justin Trudeau Now Wears Face-masks (photos) / Military seizes power in Gabon / Teenage Photos Of Hillary Clinton And Donald Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.