Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun (46973 Views)

Why Buhari Didn’t Attend South-East Summit In Enugu - The Sun Reveals / Buhari Replaces Olonisakin , Ibas As Service Chiefs / Buhari Didn’t Sign Any Loan Deal With China – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by midolian(m): 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has been on the hot seat since his party emerged as the ruling party in Nigeria. Seeing the former Permanent Secretary, last week, at his residence in GRA, Benin-City, you will behold a troubled man. He bared his mind on the leadership crisis in the National Assembly.
According to him, those accusing the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration of being slow are unfair. Oyegun also spoke on other national issues. Excerpts:

People are complaining that this APC government is slow. What is happening?

No, I don’t think the government is slow. Like I always say, we are not talking of 16 years, we are talking of over 50 years. Since independence, this country has been ruled by the same tendencies. So, it is good to go with deliberate speed, deliberate steps, make as few mistakes as you can  in the appointment that will come. So, I think that process is nearing the end now. As you can see, appointments are being rolled out, the activities people thought were slow are taking place, even the implementation of some aspects of the program of the party that we promised are already underway.

I think all that is left now is the list of the ministerial appointees and it will come out anytime from now and we will be up and running. So, there is the need for us to be cautious, given the fact that this is our first experience in governance. There is the need to be careful given a totally different nature of our manifesto and the social welfare promises that were made to the people to be sure that those the president wants to bring in to execute these policies, which are dramatically different from anything we have experienced before, are also dramatically different, they understand what is required to be done, are passionate about what is required to be done and have ideas about what is required to be done. Once  prime appointments are settled, things will move. The issue of insecurity is being addressed, the war on corruption has started in various parastatals; the government is already very well on steam.

Are we going to see technocrats or politicians in the cabinet?

It will be a mixture of technocrats and politicians. There are politicians who are technocrats, we seem to forget that, but it will be a fair mix.
The leadership of the party is yet to the come to the reality of the emergence of  Senator Saraki and Hon. Dogara. How long will it take to come to the reality and stay with the fact?

I think the reality is there. I don’t think there is any leader who doesn’t realize that Hon. Dogara and Senate President Saraki are a  reality and facts of life, but there is also no leader in the party that doesn’t recognize that this went against the basic position of the party and that has created problems.

The issues border on discipline, supremacy of the party and the rest of it. We are hammering on indiscipline and, at the same time, creating an environment that everybody within the party will find comfortable to work with. I hope, by the end of this last week, we would have arrived at some workable arrangements to put these issues behind us, but it has attracted this attention because, so to speak, it was the only subject in town. Now there are other issues that are beginning to engage the media and we will get a little bit less attention to what is going on in the National Assembly.

Lack of appointments for the South-East and South-South

[b]Why does the public think that if you appoint three people it must be balanced when, in fact you are just at the elementary stage of appointments? They should hold their breath for a little time to come. The ministerial list has not come, the chairmanship of boards has not come, there are so many first rate appointments that are still coming down the line, the ones that has happened are more or less specialized, they are more or less appointments that have some degree of severity governance around them. If you talk about the security agencies, you must pay due attention to the requirement of this time, the reality of the security situation in the country.
So it is unfair to make three appointments, everybody expects to see one from A, one from B, one from C; no, it is the total package. It is when the total package is presented that you will now start looking at who is in what ministry, the status of the ministry and the caliber of the ministry. It is then you can really now make a fair assessment. It is still too early and the appointments we have made now are too specialized for us to jump to that kind of conclusion.
[/b]

Talk about Nigeria going into dictatorship/strangulating PDP

Well, I will need to see one example. We don’t have time for them (PDP) yet, all that we are doing today is to put ourselves on the ground, put the government in place so that we can start responding to the yearnings of the Nigerian people. PDP hasn’t put itself together yet, so they are no source of concern to anybody. I don’t know what they have to cite to substantiate that issue and I can’t think of any. grin

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/why-buhari-didnt-appoint-igbos-as-service-chiefs-oyegun/

plays "Redemption song" by bob marley and the wailers grin grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
Nigeria is too tribalistic. Its only the southwest that people of all tribes interact lovingly. Maybe if Nigeria was more integrated tthings would be better.

FTC: Lemme think of a joke.............ARSENAL cheesy cheesy cheesy

46 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by blaze2cool(m): 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
this guy above me....following me all the way
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
undecided

Buhari is a tribal bigot that hate the igbos.

GEJ we are sorry sad

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by SeverusSnape(m): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2015
Because presidiot Terrorhamadu Buhari is a senile, vindictive and unrepentant bigot.

Who doesn't know this?? undecided

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by Mogidi: 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
Oyegun's folly is legendary, you'd ask him a question and he'd reply with a question.

He said nothing meaningful, just endless quibbles.

79 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by fulanimafia: 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
midolian:

We don’t have time for them (PDP) yet, all that we are doing today is to put ourselves on the ground, put the government in place so that we can start responding to the yearnings of the Nigerian people. PDP hasn’t put itself together yet, so they are no source of concern to anybody. I don’t know what they have to cite to substantiate that issue and I can’t think of any.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/why-buhari-didnt-appoint-igbos-as-service-chiefs-oyegun/

That is so true.

While we are laying the foundation, they are asking for the roof.

PDP/Wailers - get your acts together.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2015

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by SeverusSnape(m): 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
that is why your father will forever roam the streets. Basta!RD
Aha!...one of the zombies comes to the dullard's rescue. grin

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
What is Oyegun??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by mikolo80: 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
na WA o, 5 appointment out of 6000 and ppl are screaming marginalisation. our ignorance is legendary

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
I will read this at mid night.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by vedaxcool(m): 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
It is a pity that a zone that barely voted PMB would be at the fore front of demanding positions from such a person. Humility is a virture arrogance a burden, being humble and demanding development not position would help igbo politicians. The last i check whoever is appointed a minister doesn't share hisslaary with the jerks who cry themselves to sleep over it.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by vedaxcool(m): 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
mikolo80:
na WA o, 5 appointment out of 6000 and ppl are screaming marginalisation. our ignorance is legendary

Crying over a government they did not believe in and continue to slander. This is madness, Buhari will be making a big mistake if he allows their cries dictate his decision. He should remain resolute in making decision based on objective criteria and not pandering to people who dont understand that tribalism was Jonathan's style not changi style.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by LieDetector(m): 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
I apologize for not having any reasonable thing to contribute.

This land is up for sale cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
Buhari runs so far the MOST insincere government ridden with confusion, bigotry, and vindictiveness... My facts below;

1)His anti-corruption confusion and lies...

https://www.nairaland.com/2475129/daring-president-halliburton-scandal-prosecution

2)His America achievement lies noting my comments/analyses/breakdown of facts in page 2 https://www.nairaland.com/2478091/dont-need-foreign-aid-buhari/2#36286769

3)His bigotry and lack of comprehension or analytical skill depicting a failure and inept personality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paLHi4ieE7A

In conclusion buhari is confused and a failure so far

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by Flashh: 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Because presidiot Terrorhamadu Buhari is a senile, vindictive and unrepentant bigot.

Who doesn't know this?? undecided

Shut up fool.

He sees things above you... So he can choose those who are fitted in.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by idari: 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
With or without Government we will always survive, we are born hustlers and can adapt anywhere we find ourselves even in d desert, we are destined for success no matter how d Enemies try to weigh us down. IGBO KWENU!!!

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by Kinkale(m): 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
The masturbator has spoken

9 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by crispberry(f): 3:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
Okay o
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by tintingz(m): 3:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
The people in the SE and SS cannot be trusted, they were/are strongly against Buhari being the president now they want to be on the front role on the ministerial list.

I think Buhari should appoint the crying babies people in SE and SS to the ministerial list, they are part of Federal republic of Nigeria though they don't believe in one Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by CR77(f): 3:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
Government of the north, for the north, by the north.
this dullard called president buhari is tribalized.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by DailyTimes: 3:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by sweatlana: 3:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
We are watching the unfolding of the hausa agenda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by DahtzFestjayz: 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by KingKuntaVart: 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
i belong to every one ===== his fellow kunu drunkards

i belong to no one ====== the rest of Nigeria

Itz obvious we are in the dark age of dictatorship, we have taken one thousand steps backwards.

How do we fix this mess called BUHARI?

that should be the question on our minds now..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by lonelydora: 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
Whether he appoints Igbos or not, all I want is for him to flush out boko haram.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by sukkot: 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
m
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by Oildichotomy(m): 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
given the fact that this is our first experience in governance. There is the need to be careful given a totally different nature of our manifesto and the social welfare promises that were made to the people
I'm particular about the social welfare scheme.

Let no buharist make us forget that campaign blunder.
WTF is "their first experience in governance" .
In other words, We gave our country to bunch of learners to drive and experiment. Nigeria is definitely going to the lagoon. Oma se oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun by sukkot: 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
hmmmm tribalists food is done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Red Carpet Reception In Dapchi School: Nigerians React / President Buhari Fulfils His Promise To Igbo Traders In Aba (photos, Videos) / Obasanjo Is Clearly Promoting Peter Obi In The North - Mahdi Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.