Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? (9284 Views)

Do You Agree? Sex Without Orgasm Is A Waste Of Time —seyi Hunter / Man Weds His US Bride In Lagos, Says "Really No Time To Waste" / 7 Reasons Why Love Is A Waste Of Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
MrsChima:

Damn....are you looking for a wife? I had an orgasm! lipsrsealed

He doesn't like girls, he's very gay.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
gj22:

Honestly, i dont know what to say again. Ofcourse there will be a few.

Tune in to discovery once in a while and watch world war stories. You will hear that women were not allowed to fight in the war because they are women.

Women don't have it easy in today's society. They have never had it easy. If you dont see that, then i fear i am wasting my time.

Women don't compete with men in sport for a reason...
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

He doesn't like girls, he's very gay.

Gay men Bleep girls too.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Adaeze003(f): 9:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Keep sermonizing and don't become a realist...Hope you booked a seat early enough in a divorce panel unless you marry non-African or slowpoke undecided

Lehehehe... how about you worry about your own household huh?

Typical of "African men" to be all aggressive when they have nothing meaningful to say grin...

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
MrsChima:

Gay men Bleep girls too.

You're not his type
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
Adaeze003:

Lehehehe... how about you worry about your own household huh?

Typical of "African men" to be all aggressive when they have nothing meaningful to say grin...

Whatever trills you dear cool
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
MrsChima:

Feminism did not fail. If it did Hillary Clinton wouldn't have an opportunity to run for a male dominant position....president of the USA. grin
WHATEVER MAKES YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT LOVE.

WE WERE TALKING ABOUT FEMINISM IN AFRICA. GO BACK TO THE POST AND REMIND YOURSELF.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by passey: 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
"my people talk am say even for beer parlor Oga dey."
" There is hierarchy even in heaven"
Having said that, respect for women is desirable, compulsory and good but feminism got it wrong when it says the man and the woman are the same! They are not equals, they are complements! A man can never be a woman, he was not made to be so and cannot be.. gays are idiots. A woman can never be man, she was not made to be so.
Two people cannot both drive a car at the same time! So the woman and the man must understand their role and places in the marriage arrangement. Any attempt at exchange of roles will definitely lead to disaster and unhappiness. If the man is equal to the woman, na gay marriage be that o. Afterall no woman wants to marry a sissy man and no man wants to marry a fellow man or even tomboy.
The religious arrangement of God being the head of the man and the man being the head of the woman in a relationship predicated on love is a perfect arrangement and so far the best.
Feminism na trash. I want masculinism to start so that woman go dey toast man, pay bride price, protect, give man belle, tolerate nagging etc

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
passey:
"my people talk am say even for beer parlor Oga dey."
" There is hierarchy even in heaven"
Having said that, respect for women is desirable, compulsory and good but feminism got it wrong when it says the man and the woman are the same! They are not equals, they are complements! A man can never be a woman, he was not made to be so and cannot be.. gays are idiots. A woman can never be man, she was not made to be so.
Two people cannot both drive a car at the same time! So the woman and the man must understand their role and places in the marriage arrangement. Any attempt at exchange of roles will definitely lead to disaster and unhappiness. If the man is equal to the woman, na gay marriage be that o. Afterall no woman wants to marry a sissy man and no man wants to marry a fellow man or even tomboy.
The religious arrangement of God being the head of the man and the man being the head of the woman in a relationship predicated on love is a perfect arrangement and so far the best.
Feminism na trash. I want masculinism to start so that woman go dey toast man, pay bride price, protect, give man belle, tolerate nagging etc
YOUR OPINION IS EXTREME...

LOL
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by gj22(m): 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
snakebeat:

@ the emboldened, it's not true.
Employers accept applicants based on what they can offer, not on the premise of gender. haba! where do u get your facts from? smiley

Like I said, it's getting less now.

And like I also said, men are most likely to be chosen

And also, I wasn't talking about large scale companies that are public figures. I am talking about the not-too-large ones that no one really notices.

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by gj22(m): 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
snakebeat:

@the emboldened, it's not true & u know it.
It's a well know fact that men are stronger than women, it doesn't apply to humans alone, always try to watch natgeo adv, u'll understand what I mean. U can't compare the strength of a lion to that of a lioness, or a cock to hen, it's natural, i think u should rather blame God for making women the weaker sex, not man.

People refer to men as strong because they are truly strong & brave. Take samson as a case study, that's is if u're a christian, he killed a lion, all the battles that were fought in the bible & olden days, nigeria civil war, world war, libya fight, etc were led by men, even till date.

they didn't fight because they were told not to. Not because they couldn't. Tune in to discovery and watch a bunch of WW episodes. Women were told to stay at home while the men went for war.

I can categorically tell u only men constitutes the soldiers that are fighting in the northern part of nigerian. Despite the spate of wars in africa, have u ever seen women fighting? Only male soldiers are deployed to battle fields, because by nature, women aren't tough, if u're a wrestling fan, how will john cena vs any lady sound to u? Saying men are stronger & more brave than women isn't demeaning at all, it's the truth, & no one can dispute that.

Most of the things we are using today were invented by men, technology, architecture, medicine, engineering, law, politics etc, men were at the fore front in ensuring these things came into reality. Even women acknowledge the fact that they are the weaker sex, but taking advantage of their weakness is what they should be agitating against, not debating which sex is stronger......

It's not about who is stronger physically, it's about giving them an equal platform to prove themselves. A platform which is just starting to exist with the feminism movement.

But are u sure u're a man? Honestly u sound like a woman with so much hatred for men. smiley

What has hatred got to do with anything? I am saying you should give women a chance to prove their capabilities, how does hatred for men fit? It's not a competition.

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by passey: 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

YOUR OPINION IS EXTREME...

LOL
But you self know say na true talk I talk. Na all this contemporary, post modern world view dey cause wahala. even as things dey so both man and woman dey complain for normal marriage talkless of abnormal equality marriage. Na as I see am, na him I talk am. even biologically, physiologically, emotionally wey know the same na romantically we wan come be the same ni? I say we no the same, I no say one better pass the other o!
I am struggling with being a man talk more of adding woman responsibility to my own. Na Beijing conference cause all this wahala wey dey show face. You no see say Baby Mama and Baby Daddy and even Baby factory don dey plenty ni?
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
passey:
But you self know say na true talk I talk. Na all this contemporary, post modern world view dey cause wahala. even as things dey so both man and woman dey complain for normal marriage talkless of abnormal equality marriage. Na as I see am, na him I talk am. even biologically, physiologically, emotionally wey know the same na romantically we wan come be the same ni? I say we no the same, I no say one better pass the other o!
I am struggling with being a man talk more of adding woman responsibility to my own. Na Beijing conference cause all this wahala wey dey show face. You no see say Baby Mama and Baby Daddy and even Baby factory don dey plenty ni?
OBVIOUSLY... GOD HELP US
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by gj22(m): 11:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

My brother, if it were to be earlier, I would have been on your part of the fence.

Men and women are not equal, we are DIFFERENT.

Very different.

Apples are not equal to oranges, even though they are both fruits.

We possess strengths they don't, and they others we don't.

In certain abilities, they leave us in the dust, but in others, we eclipse them.

Seriously, it's like I am arguing with a wall on NL.

Feminism doesn't saw women are stronger than men, it says women can be as strong as men.

Feminism doesn't say women are smarter than men, it says women can be as smart as men.

All they want is a chance to prove themselves. That is the feminism movement.

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by gj22(m): 11:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Women don't compete with men in sport for a reason...

And that reason is that they are not given a chance to. Everyone already assumes the men will beat the women.

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

WHATEVER MAKES YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT LOVE.

WE WERE TALKING ABOUT FEMINISM IN AFRICA. GO BACK TO THE POST AND REMIND YOURSELF.

Somebody (you) catching feelings. grin grin

Feminism is a global movement regardless of your primary focus!
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

You're not his type

And you aren't his type.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by gj22(m): 11:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. That was a matter of economic-efficiency. Only poor or illiterate men didn't send their daughters to school. The men so sent were expected to, in fact, train up they're younger ones through school and cater for miscellaneous needs. Does it not occur to you that these men sent to school were being groomed for a life of servitude? Sent to school only to provide money for their younger ones? Bottom line, every one has/had a role and responsibility to fulfill.

2. Who's stopping women from stepping up? Aren't there women in all conceivable professions already? Any school depriving females admission on basis of gender?

3. Oh, really? You said feminism is about equal rights for both genders; now you say men should shut up? Which is it, mister? Is feminism for women alone or for both genders? Or are you saying women are to be more equal than men? If not, then, what affects a woman should equally affect a man, should it not? Abo, wetin be the meaning of equality?

4. Refer to point 3.

5. Wrong. Wives are taught to submit to their husbands. There's a distinct difference. Is Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala going to submit to Emeka the vulcaniser? grin

6. I would like proof of this having easier. Thanks for your cooperation.

7. And that makes it right? That only highlights a flaw in the system. Nobody should be racist to anyone else. Duh.

An oppressed person does not need to become an oppressor to seek redress. They might get restitution if it's practicable, otherwise, they could put an end to the oppression and move on. Becoming an oppressor is not sufficient justification for having suffered oppression, mister. Perhaps, people on that reddit page are dummies who couldn't spot argument fallacies and deal with them accordingly. And yes, an issue is about everyone involved not just the perp or the victim, everybody.

Am on mobile so can't type much

Let me ask you this question.

Do you think women and men are given equal opportunities to prove their worth Looking at history and today?

If your answer is yes, then you must be living under a rock.

If your answer is no, then do you think it's fair that they be given the same opportunities?

If your answer yes, then that if feminism

If your answer is no, then you are part of the problem in today's society.

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 11:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
Let me call my baby Victoriabee...a man is teaching men what we have been saying for months. grin
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by gj22(m): 11:30pm On Jul 28, 2015

Do you think women and men are given equal opportunities to prove their worth Looking at history and today?

If your answer is no, then answer this next question.

do you think it's fair that they be given the same opportunities?

If your answer yes, then that is feminism

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
MrsChima:

Somebody (you) catching feelings. grin grin

Feminism is a global movement regardless of your primary focus!
Self delusion
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
gj22:

If your answer is no, then answer this next question.

do you think it's fair that they be given the same opportunities?

If your answer yes, then that is feminism

GOOGLE THESE WOMEN...

ISABELLA OF SPAIN...
CATHERINE THE GREAT
MARIE CURIE
WANGARI MATHAI
ELIZABETH I

Goodnight.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
gj22:

Seriously, it's like I am arguing with a wall on NL.

Feminism doesn't saw women are stronger than men, it says women can be as strong as men.

Feminism doesn't say women are smarter than men, it says women can be as smart as men.

All they want is a chance to prove themselves. That is the feminism movement.

This is can't possibly be a response to my post.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by gj22(m): 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

GOOGLE THESE WOMEN...

ISABELLA OF SPAIN...
CATHERINE THE GREAT
MARIE CURIE
WANGARI MATHAI
ELIZABETH I

Goodnight.

Good point. 5 women made it out of about over 3 billion women... such a sound argument.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by gj22(m): 11:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

This is can't possibly be a response to my post.

Lol. Did you not compare humans to fruit?

Humans have freewill and a sense of self worth...fruits don't.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
gj22:

Good point. 5 women made it out of about over 3 billion women... such a sound argument.

Lol
CAN YOU GOOGLE 100MILLION IF I GIVE YOU?
I JUST GAVE YOU A SAMPLE... even a child could get the message.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 12:13am On Jul 29, 2015
Freemanan:

I am draling with extreme Self delusion

I agree! grin
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 29, 2015
MrsChima:

I agree! grin
LOL.. YOU STILL DO THIS ?

LOW
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 12:21am On Jul 29, 2015
Freemanan:

LOL.. YOU STILL DO THIS ?

LOW

E pain am poo grin grin
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by mikolo80: 3:02am On Jul 29, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Lol..nice status you got dere....I have no problem with feminism...I have issues with the people propagating the theory...most of them don't go about it n a civil way,the engage in insult and say a lot of unsavory things..there are better ways to get people to reason with you..you have to be realistic not sentimental...hapi sunday
are you a learner.you no know say devil dey find who go de hell(bachelorrettism) with am
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by snakebeat: 7:25am On Jul 29, 2015
MrsChima:

So men just so happens to be qualified in every job opportunities? So why aren't many women being hired in male dominant fields such as construction to name one?
Lol, women! They must grumble, why aren't men complaining about women having dominance in the nursing profession?

I wouldn't be wrong if I say medicine is even more intellectually taxing than architecture & engineering, but we have more female doctors, lawyers than female engineers, architects, & the female doctors, lawyers are more active in their fields than the female architects & engineers.

Construction is stressful & back-breaking, most female civil engineers, architects don't end up to practice their profession, not because of discrimination, but because of the back-breaking nature of these profession, of which construction is top on the list. We have many female lawyers doing well in their field, because law is intellectually more demanding, likewise medicine.

But in construction, physical strength is required, if u say is an africa thing, watch the construction of most skyscrappers & bridges, u hardly see women on site.

A female architect was assigned to execute a full day to day project, but she fell ill when the project got to a certain stage, because of stress, & a male was designated to complete the project. It has to do with physical strength, because construction is stressful & back-breaking. I don't think having lesser women in the construction industry has anything to do with discrimination, I think it has to do with the back-breaking nature & stress...
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by gamaliel121(m): 7:55am On Jul 29, 2015
MrsChima:

Gay men Bleep girls too.
Gay men fucckk girls? Any man that bleeps a man and a woman isn't gay, his a fucking "bi" dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Saw This Under The Bed Of My Fiancee / The Nairaland Romance Woman (is She Really Single) / What If He Mistakenly Puts It In The Other "Hole"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.