Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? (9239 Views)

Do You Agree? Sex Without Orgasm Is A Waste Of Time —seyi Hunter / Man Weds His US Bride In Lagos, Says "Really No Time To Waste" / 7 Reasons Why Love Is A Waste Of Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Gurgle(f): 11:40am On Jul 29, 2015
Freemanan:

Islamic feminism advocate women's rights , gender equality,
and social justice grounded in an Islamic framework. I can provide you with sufficient materials in this area. Part of my Masters' thesis is on it.

Ok. I used to read a lot about some aspects of what youre saying but I am no longer interested in looking into it. Thanks anyway
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 29, 2015
Gurgle:

Ok. I used to read a lot about some aspects of what youre saying but I am no longer interested in looking into it. Thanks anyway
Only Islam really supports the movement... Other religion is JUST mute on it.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Gurgle(f): 11:46am On Jul 29, 2015
Freemanan:

Only Islam really supports the movement... Other religion is JUST mute on it.

I really really don't think so but its ok. Good luck on your thesis
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 29, 2015
Gurgle:

I really really don't think so but its ok. Good luck on your thesis
I thought WE have cleared the air on that. HOW can the Bible be a guide for Feminism when the Bible itself is a product of a patriarch society. Both old and new testament are against the ideologies of Feminism.

Genesis 3:16 . "To the woman he (God) said, 'I will greatly
increase your pains in childbearing; in pain you shall bring
forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband,
and he shall rule over you.'"
Timothy 2:12 . "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to
usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."
1 Corinthians 11:7-9 . "For a man ought not to cover his
head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman
is the glory of man. For man was not made from woman,
but woman from man. Neither was man created for
woman, but woman for man."
1 Corinthians 14:34 . "The women should keep silent in the
churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should
be in submission, as the Law also says."
Colossians 3:18 . "Wives, submit to your husbands, as is
fitting in the Lord."
1 Peter 3:1 . "Likewise, wives, be subject to your own
husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word,
they may be won without a word by the conduct of their
wives."

Are you really arguing this or you JUST want to go down with a fight?

ps: My thesis was LONG concluded and awarded. Thanks
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by gj22(m): 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
Gurgle:

I used the man and wife point as an example. Anywhere where a man and woman are concerned, the same issue will arise

I don't see how its not a feminist point. I didn't say men and women need to do exactly the same thing for each other, just that they are equal.

Submission to a man doesn't mean that a woman is not equal to him. And not submitting to a woman doesn't mean the man is better than she is

Actually, it does.

sub·mit/səbˈmit/
verb
1. accept or yield to a superior force or to the authority or will of another person.

2. present (a proposal, application, or other document) to a person or body for consideration or judgment.

You only submit to someone of superior force or authority.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Gurgle(f): 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
Freemanan:

I thought WE have cleared the air on that. HOW can the Bible be a guide for Feminism when the Bible itself is a product of a patriarch society. Both old and new testament are against the ideologies of Feminism.

Genesis 3:16 . "To the woman he (God) said, 'I will greatly
increase your pains in childbearing; in pain you shall bring
forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband,
and he shall rule over you.'"
Timothy 2:12 . "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to
usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."
1 Corinthians 11:7-9 . "For a man ought not to cover his
head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman
is the glory of man. For man was not made from woman,
but woman from man. Neither was man created for
woman, but woman for man."
1 Corinthians 14:34 . "The women should keep silent in the
churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should
be in submission, as the Law also says."
Colossians 3:18 . "Wives, submit to your husbands, as is
fitting in the Lord."
1 Peter 3:1 . "Likewise, wives, be subject to your own
husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word,
they may be won without a word by the conduct of their
wives."

Are you really arguing this or you JUST want to go down with a fight?

ps: My thesis was LONG concluded and awarded. Thanks

I don't have the time right now or the level of Biblical knowledge required to debate fully. But I would still pick my faith over Islam 1 million times in terms of women's affairs and every other thing

Congratulations smiley
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Gurgle(f): 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
gj22:

Actually, it does.

sub·mit/səbˈmit/
verb
1. accept or yield to a superior force or to the authority or will of another person.

2. present (a proposal, application, or other document) to a person or body for consideration or judgment.

You only submit to someone of superior force or authority.

Ok, let's disagree peacefully
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
Gurgle:

I don't have the time right now or the level of Biblical knowledge required to debate fully. But I would still pick my faith over Islam 1 million times in terms of women's affairs and every other thing

Congratulations smiley
Congratulations
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Gurgle(f): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
Freemanan:

Congratulations

On the awarding of your thesis
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
Gurgle:

On the awarding of your thesis
THANKS LOVE.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
Freemanan:

Lol. GOOD morning love.

Good day dear. kiss
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
gamaliel121:

Gay men fucckk girls?
Any man that bleeps a man and a woman isn't gay, his a fucking "bi" dear

Gay.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
snakebeat:

Lol, women! They must grumble, why aren't men complaining about women having dominance in the nursing profession?

I wouldn't be wrong if I say medicine is even more intellectually taxing than architecture & engineering, but we have more female doctors, lawyers than female engineers, architects, & the female doctors, lawyers are more active in their fields than the female architects & engineers.

Construction is stressful & back-breaking, most female civil engineers, architects don't end up to practice their profession, not because of discrimination, but because of the back-breaking nature of these profession, of which construction is top on the list. We have many female lawyers doing well in their field, because law is intellectually more demanding, likewise medicine.

But in construction, physical strength is required, if u say is an africa thing, watch the construction of most skyscrappers & bridges, u hardly see women on site.

A female architect was assigned to execute a full day to day project, but she fell ill when the project got to a certain stage, because of stress, & a male was designated to complete the project. It has to do with physical strength, because construction is stressful & back-breaking. I don't think having lesser women in the construction industry has anything to do with discrimination, I think it has to do with the back-breaking nature & stress...

What are you on about? I know there are hardly women in construction. That's why I asked the question of why and I don't think it has anything to do with physical because even men are using their physical body to contract buildings etc. Machines does 90% of the work and the same reason why there aren't hardly male nurses because of discrimination and prehudice.

It is that simple.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
no - feminism is not a waste of time..
discussing & arguing on this thread is a waste of time
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Swizdoe(m): 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
gj22:

That is not feminism. I carry a bible and start preaching, does that make me a priest?
question for the gods........
Atleast they see themselves as feminist... They are just feisty bishes... Your logic no follow at all
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by gj22(m): 11:41am On Aug 02, 2015
Swizdoe:

Atleast they see themselves as feminist... They are just feisty bishes... Your logic no follow at all

Abi na ur own logic no follow. You are calling people that are not feminists, feminists. I am telling you that the fact they call themselves feminists doesn't make them feminists.

A self proclaimed Christian who doesn't follow christ is an example.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 16, 2015
Swizdoe:

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by cally3D(m): 9:08am On Sep 08, 2015
For the LADIES:
" I do not identify as a feminist. No. The philosophy of my life does not permit me to do that. And I will tell you why. Feminism is an argument that defeats itself even before it starts. It makes the male species the standard of equality and excellence. Such that women have to "fight" to be equal to men. And I say a resounding NO. I am not equal to a man. That would be way below what the creator intended for me. I am equal to the 4.5 billion cells in my brain. I am equal to its processing speed of millions of bits of information per second. I am equal to being anything I want to be in this world. When the United Nations carefully hand picked 15 university students from across the globe to sit on its highest committee at the youth conference of 2011, and I happened to be one of them; I was not thinking of the boys in the committee when I spent the entire night at my sister's house in Lagos, writing my position paper. If that was a race, I was running to defeat my old self, not the boys, Because, my worth came from deep within my being and not from attempts at being equal to them. When I was called to receive my prize of best position paper, I wasn't happy I had defeated the boys. I was happy that I had outrun my old self and added another feather to my cap. Feminism creates an unworthy opponent (the abilities/achievements/privileges of men) and sets women up to compete with it. I would rather summon the billions of cells in my brain to a meeting and throw down the gauntlet to them. That is the kind of competition women should be in. But society has deceived women to believe they have to "fight" to be equal to men. And that makes men with low self esteem very happy. "At least you people are fighting to be like us, naa! Lol!" You see how the argument defeats itself? That is why I do not subscribe to it. I am at a far higher level with women like Phillipa Fawcett who was admitted to study at the University of Cambridge without the prospects of getting a certificate. She didn't go about carrying placards. She simply sat, summoned her brain and put it to work. And when the final results came, she smashed the records of the entire university, dusting all the men with her superior grades. Thus, a culture of oppression imploded on itself. I am at a higher level with women like Margaret Thatcher, who became the first female prime minister of the United Kingdom just under a hundred years after women were being sold like cattle by their husbands on British soil. This was what she had to say about feminism: "I hate feminism. It is poison." For me, feminism is like a lion comparing himself with a cat. Well, because the lion does not really know he is a lion, And the cat who is feeling like he is a cat does not really know he is a crocodile. Now, imagine that the lion realises he is really a lion and the cat realises he is really a crocodile. So, how do you stage a competition for them? You see where that leaves us? Daalu nu."
The author-Uju Comfy Okorie is a practising Medical Doctor¡
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 11:16am On Sep 08, 2015
gj22:

Abi na ur own logic no follow. You are calling people that are not feminists, feminists. I am telling you that the fact they call themselves feminists doesn't make them feminists.

A self proclaimed Christian who doesn't follow christ is an example.

Hmmm. Good examples. Even in the bible of Christians, it said beware of the wolves in sheep clothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Does A Big Ass Guarantee Sweet Sex? / Sad!i Gave Her My Brkfast, Wired Sum Moni In2 Her Accnt, Luk What She Did Next! / Palmpay Has Sent My Friend Into Depression (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.