Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Does God Answer Prayer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Answer Prayer? (1079 Views)

Does God Really Answer Prayers? / Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Virgins Speedily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Answer Prayer? by Johnnoah1st: 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
cus have seen many people that prayed and fasted for many days with holiness, yet there prayer is not answered, have also many people that pray seriously on new year day for them to see the end of that year, yet they are dead before the end of the year, please i want people to give me anwser to this question. YET those that dont even pray are living a fufil life.
Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by blaze2cool(m): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
pray with all your heart....dont doubt
Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by Johnnoah1st: 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
blaze2cool:
pray with all your heart....dont doubt
AND U TINK ITS WORK?
Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
exodus 33:19, i will have mercy on who i will have mercy and compassion on who i will have compassion.
isaiah 45:7 i form the light and create darkness: i make peace and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
the bible says sufficient is the day of it trouble but prayer changeth it.
hebrews 11:6 without faith no one can please GOD...
Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by Johnnoah1st: 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2015
elijah2u:
exodus 33:19, i will have mercy on who i will have mercy and compassion on who i will have compassion.
isaiah 45:7 i form the light and create darkness: i make peace and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
the bible says sufficient is the day of it trouble but prayer changeth it.
hebrews 11:6 without faith no one can please GOD...
DAT MEANS everything have been pre-destiny? meaning people dat dere prayer is going to be answer have already be destiny?
Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by Johnnoah1st: 7:47am On Jul 27, 2015
DIS SECTION IS SO DRY
Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by Johnnoah1st: 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2015
SO I CANT SEE ANY SENSIBLE COMMENT ON THIS THREAD.
Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by Eddlad: 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
Yes he does.
But am pretty sure you are wonder why it seems your prayer request don't get fulfilled?
Let me use a bit of reasoning to make my point, let's say. You had a daughter and she was on the verge of death,then you pray to God and he answers and heals her ,then somewhere down the line you fall sick too and she also prays and you get better then on and on it begins an endless cycle cause even in your old age you would ask God to give you life and strength to and play with your grandchildren in short we would never come to terms with part with our loved ones.We would keep asking no one would die life would just be one endless cycle and this fact defeats God's purpose.
In short what am saying is that God does answer prayers but he weighs them with his infinite wisdom and give mankind what he sees fit.So next time you ask God for a car please check you legs, they may have just gotten stronger.

This doesn't apply for every prayer though but I can't into it now.
Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by frank317: 3:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
God does not answer prayer. Ur hard work bring results not prayer. U can wish urself well and be optimistic but praying and shouting to urself for one hour is pure madness

2 Likes

Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by Johnnoah1st: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2015
SO NO PASTOR ON THE FORUM TO PUT ME THROUGH?
Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by McSterling(m): 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
No. Cos praying to god is akin to praying to a stone, a pencil or some other inanimate object. Hard work is the key, bro. And you have to accept that there are things you just can't change. Lighthouse family says, "....that's the beauty of life. It takes a while to find. But you can't have things your own way all the time".

1 Like

Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by Eddlad: 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
Did you read my reply?
Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by tpiander: 4:35am On Jul 31, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
DAT MEANS everything have been pre-destiny? meaning people dat dere prayer is going to be answer have already be destiny?

Jesus did not say close your eyes and pray, he said watch and pray.

Does that answer your question?

when you see our leaders and celebrities displaying watches on many of their photoshoots, they are actually paying mind to this instruction.

the point I'm making isn't that you shouldn't close your eyes when praying, but keep priorities as priorities.

Yorubas say alaye ni yio ma yin o, Baba (its only the living who can praise you, O Lord).
Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by yorubadelta(f): 5:57am On Jul 31, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
cus have seen many people that prayed and fasted for many days with holiness, yet there prayer is not answered, have also many people that pray seriously on new year day for them to see the end of that year, yet they are dead before the end of the year, please i want people to give me anwser to this question. YET those that dont even pray are living a fufil life.

Its simple! ..because many people pray amiss. Whatever you pray for MUST always be accordance to His will for your life.

God is not just some 'genie in a bottle' that you command to do your every desire. His ways surpass our own.
Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by chinnyonwu(m): 7:35am On Jul 31, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
Lmaooo!!
Welcome to atheism bro!

1 Like

Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by Johnnoah1st: 12:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
LALASTICLALA , ISHILOVE , please let people anwser this question
Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by Anas09: 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
@Ops, the questions u asked has answers, but I have a feeling that ur mind is already madeup and you are seeking avenues to malign.
God answers prayers. Ok. Let's checkout something. Have u seen this movie, Bruce Almighty? He was given a contract to become God and control everything as God would. When men started praying, Bruce was confused and asked that all the prayers shd comes as emails. He typed yes to all the prayers that came. What did God tell him? Everybody is asking for something. But what they ask for could later harm them or people around, so saying yes to all the prayers could be causing harm to both the man praying and pple around him.
What am I trying to say? If you pray and you do not see an answer immidiately, its either the timing is wrong, or the motive is wrong. If u don't get an answer at all maybe that's the answer. NO.
Another perspective; who are you? Who are you asking from? What are u asking for? How are u asking?
The reason why I asked this questions is. You can't work in NEPA and hope to get ur wages in Central Bank. Listen, there r things God has given generally to all humans to enjoy, whether u worship Him as he prescribe or not, but there r things he has preserved for His SONS. Divine healing, divine health, Peace, Joy supernatural finacial breakthroughs etc are not for all man kind. Yes, everyone can make money or live longer than the believers, but when u get very close, u'll see the diff.
If you feel God doesn't deserve ur praise, then wen ur loved one is sick, u shd go to him who deserves it to ask.
Jesus Himself says, if we abide in his words and his words abides in us, then we will ask anything and it shall be given to us.
Again, let's see what James says. James 4:2-4. You LUST, and have not, you kill and desire to have, and can not obtain: you fight and war, yet ye have not, because you ask not. 3. You ask, and receive not, because you ask wrongly, so that u may consume it in ur LUST(motive)
You adulterers and adultresses, know ye not that the Friend with the world is enimity with God? Who so will be a friend of the world is an enemy of God.
Bros, if you read what James said here, u'll get ur answers.
You can't live as u like, do as u please, but when the consequences come, u turn to God.
Again, in asking, it has to be done according to the WILL of God.
1stJon 5:14 says, we know that wenever we ask anything ACCORDING to his WILL he heareth us.
Remember God is the master and we are his servants. He doesn't take instructions from us, we do.
I wish I can share an awesome Testimony I just got recently.
I was so broke. My house rent had expired three months back. My landlord was brutal, I had bought a book that I didn't read for whatever reason. All of a sudden I picked the book to read. I read about the Author's(Kenneth E. Hagin) testimony of supernatural provisions financially. Ah,I said let me also do it nah, what do I have to loose. If its faith, I have faith. I told God I needed 50thousand naira that week. I didn't want to ask for too much. I asked the Angels of God to go and make it happen and commanded Satan to get out of my way and money.
I prayed and moved to something else. Later that day I called a GM of a company and asked to see him, I went to his office. When I left that office that same day, I got two contracts. A painting job and I did a supply that I had a gain of almost 70k that same day. Remember I asked for 50k. And I have been making that gain weekly from there and he gave me other contracts to do.
I told him(God) that I will give Him souls, while he will give me contracts. I go out win souls.kmnbv last week, just last week here, I got a call from a Federal Govt parastatal to bring my CAC documents and TIN number so that I'll be given supplies to do. Shd I go on? See, am a bundle of Testimonies.
WHO ARE YOU? DOES GOD KNOW YOU? The lord says in Numbers chp 2:30c for those who honour me, I will honour them, but those who despises me, I will lightly esteem them.
Talking about people praying yet they die. Its relative. God brought you here, if its time to go, U'll go. Again, if ur life is not hid in Christ anything can happen to it. If its not time, nothing will kill U.
Re: Does God Answer Prayer? by Johnnoah1st: 11:38pm On Nov 13, 2015

(1) (Reply)

As Seen In Benin This Morning... / To All Muslim Brethren And Follower Of Sunnah / Time To Question God's Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.