Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life (43912 Views)

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students / 10 Causes Of Poor Academic Performance In School – Most Students Never Admit #8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Lautechgossip(m): 7:46am On Jul 27, 2015

Hardly do first class graduates become first class personality While in University, we often spend too much energy in acquiring good grades that we forget to acquire good class personality.

After concentrating all energy in acquiring the first class grades, we transform into a society where first class grades don’t matter much as having a first class personality.

In school, its easy to read,memorize and pass exams, but in real life, there is no sure book of life to progress, no memorizing, no exams, just you and your inbuilt capability which require no contest with anybody.

Those who eventually become big in life are mostly people who hardly make good grades in school.

Prof. Abletor Sedofia from University of Ghana has this to say to us:

“Academic excellence is overrated! Did I just say that? Oh, yes, I said it. Being top of your class does not necessarily guarantee that you will be at the top of life.

You could graduate as the best student in
Finance but it doesn’t mean you will make more money than everybody else. The best graduating Law student does not necessarily become the best lawyer.

The fact is life requires more than the ability
to understand a concept, memorise it and reproduce it in an exam.

School rewards people for their memory. Life rewards people for their imagination and innovations. School rewards caution, life rewards daring. School hails those who live by the rules. Life exalts those who break the rules and set new ones.

So do I mean people shouldn’t study hard in school? Oh, no, you should. But don’t sacrifice every other thing on the altar
of First Class. Don’t limit yourself to the classroom.

Do something practical. Take a leadership position. Start a business and fail. That’s a better Entrepreneurship 101.

Join or start an association.
Contest an election and lose.
It will teach something Political Science 101 will not teach you.

Attend a seminar. ...Read books outside the scope of your course.

Go on missions and win a soul for eternal rewards. Do something you believe in! Think less of becoming an excellent student but think more of becoming an excellent person. Make the world your classroom!

Have a great life!

http://lazyreporta.com/reasons-why-first-class-students-in-school-never-become-first-class-people-in-life/

241 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by feldido(m): 7:49am On Jul 27, 2015
After school is a different ball game, Your Ability to use ur Brain and Support Counts.

12 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Whizzcute(m): 7:52am On Jul 27, 2015
Like seriously?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by IamOpemipo(m): 8:02am On Jul 27, 2015
I didn't read the post i embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by dapyd1(m): 8:19am On Jul 27, 2015
The truth is this;
75% of what we need to get to the top in life is not taught in the Nigerian curriculum, 75% of what is taught in the Nigerian curriculum is not needed to get to the top in life.

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by trapQ: 8:28am On Jul 27, 2015
that's my nigga right there. I love men with brains! truth is that most people who graduate with first class act as robots and do not anything about life outside school and academics.

14 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by refreshrate: 8:33am On Jul 27, 2015
I swear to God I have a real life case of one of such people.
Graduates first class law, even has a masters in law. Na so I give am business plan to analyse ol boy come and see rubbish talk. Even more annoying he has this stint of arrogance in his talk.

Ok bring business lets try and see what we can do for you. Guy talks about one land for sale No problem all na money. I gave him the benefit after all na first class him take graduate.
Got a client cos the land was rather cheap owner was desperate according to oga first class.

Carried client along with him to go and inspect land. Omo na on top lagoon as in lagoon tip the land dey. I nearly started to cry. which kain person be dis?

Idiot didn't stop o was even going further to explain how client could sandfill edge of lagoon...God each time I remember this ehn...

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by SaiBuharii: 8:43am On Jul 27, 2015
Was expecting a more realistic analysis.

14 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by SouthernBreeze(m): 8:43am On Jul 27, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by CharlieMaria(m): 8:44am On Jul 27, 2015
Modified: ok.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 27, 2015
Interesting... unfortunately one reason is that first class people are too smart to take risks. And you don't become successful without taking risks. When things come too easy to you, life becomes less challenging.
Check out, first class Nigerian graduates are stuck in Shell, Chevron, Schlumberger or Total. Tell me how many employees of these companies end up with a significant contribution to humanity in the sciences, art or government.

For myself, I graduated with a first class, top 0.5% of my graduating set. Yet, I do feel my life slipping away from me. I've got colleagues with outstanding results from universities across the world, yet I see these people with only a lot of money to show for it. No direction, no innovation, just routine life.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by tintingz(m): 8:45am On Jul 27, 2015
Nice write up.

I have seen someone with first class who's now working as a contract staff in a bank after searching for jobs for 4 years.

Graduating with first class doesn't guarantee a top life, my dad didnt smell the environment of a university and yet he's a real business man and he make sure we are educated.

To study hard is very good but...

We need to work more on our personalities than focusing on having first class grades in the higher institution.

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by NifemiOlu(m): 8:45am On Jul 27, 2015
Yea

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 27, 2015
dapyd1:
The truth is this;
75% of what we need to get to the top in life is not taught in the Nigerian curriculum, 75% of what is taught in the Nigerian curriculum is not needed to get to the top in life.

Very true.

All the GSTs i did in school are worthless to me right now.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by eluquenson(m): 8:46am On Jul 27, 2015
Nigeria issue
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Youngzedd(m): 8:46am On Jul 27, 2015
The Whole Truth

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by DankemzI(m): 8:46am On Jul 27, 2015
Summary below .

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by SouthernBreeze(m): 8:46am On Jul 27, 2015
Lautechgossip:

Hardly do first class graduates become first class personality While in University, we often spend too much energy in acquiring good grades that we forget to acquire good class personality.

After concentrating all energy in acquiring the first class grades, we transform into a society where first class grades don’t matter much as having a first class personality.

In school, its easy to read,memorize and pass exams, but in real life, there is no sure book of life to progress, no memorizing, no exams, just you and your inbuilt capability which require no contest with anybody.

Those who eventually become big in life are mostly people who hardly make good grades in school.

“Academic excellence is overrated! Did I just say that? Oh, yes, I said it. Being top of your class does not necessarily guarantee that you will be at the top of life.

Finance but it doesn’t mean you will make more money than everybody else. The best graduating Law student does not necessarily become the best lawyer.

School rewards people for their memory. Life rewards people for their imagination and innovations. School rewards caution, life rewards daring. School hails those who live by the rules. Life exalts those who break the rules and set new ones.

So do I mean people shouldn’t study hard in school? Oh, no, you should. But don’t sacrifice every other thing on the altar

Do something practical. Take a leadership position. Start a business and fail. That’s a better Entrepreneurship 101.

Go on missions and win a soul for eternal rewards. Do something you believe in! Think less of becoming an excellent student but think more of becoming an excellent person. Make the world your classroom!

Have a great life!

http://lazyreporta.com/reasons-why-first-class-students-in-school-never-become-first-class-people-in-life/
Is that why you had a 3rd class OP? grin

13 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by idbami2(m): 8:46am On Jul 27, 2015
He makes it sound if you can't cmbine both.. I agree with him, thoughh

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by safarigirl(f): 8:46am On Jul 27, 2015
Very apt write-up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by eghos12(m): 8:47am On Jul 27, 2015
first class makes you number one but class life makes you to remain number one.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Nihilist: 8:47am On Jul 27, 2015
grin
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 27, 2015
When you are in school, move with people going your direction. Like ewagoin and Kunu

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by hijacke(m): 8:47am On Jul 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by mrborntodoit: 8:47am On Jul 27, 2015
Sometimes, the best students are employed by school dropouts whom made it big or even illiterates whom never went to school .

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Justicealh3(m): 8:48am On Jul 27, 2015
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2015
Lautechgossip:

Have a great life!

cos them use 90% of their brain to Cram.
The remaining 10% is to search for food.
When It comes to reality, there are very dull

11 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Agrika: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2015
dapyd1:
The truth is this;
Gbam!
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by bigv(m): 8:48am On Jul 27, 2015
The dude nailed it!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Akkord4gov: 8:49am On Jul 27, 2015
Beefing everywhere.Now,they have shifted their beefing to firstclass graduates.Nawa o for these jobless people...
There is no excuse for your failure.Try your best anywhere you find yourself and who told you that all firstclass graduates are only concern about their books without social life?Firstclass maynot be the richest but definitely there is self confidence

33 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rccg Scholaship/bursary / What Are Those Courses That Are Still Good To Study In Nigeria? / 30 Students Were On Bridge Taking Selfies 'ABTU Vice Chancellor'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.