Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,163 members, 7,807,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba (31709 Views)

Arrest Nnamdi Kanu Now – Yoruba Youth Groups Tell Osinbajo / Some Nigerians Call Me Baba Go Slow - President Buhari (VIDEO) / Bloomberg - US Think Tank Calls Buhari "Baba Go Slow" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by KingKonga: 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
YORUBA Monarchs have said the slow and steady approach adopted by President Muhammadu Buhari to tackle daunting challenges facing the country has shown that Nigerians have now elected a president with quality and good leadership traits.

The kings said this through the Chairman, Yoruba Obas Conflict Resolution Committee, the Olugbo of Ugbo Kingdom, Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan, Okoro Ajiga1 ‎in Ibadan after being conferred with‎ an award of Entrepreneurship by one of the foremost Ibadan clubs, Omo Ajorosun Club at the weekend.

The monarchs said they were very impressed with the composure of President Buhari during his recent visit to the United States adding that he made the country proud by the way he responded to all questions put to him.‎

Oba Akinruntan stressed further that, “Buhari is very disciplined, well structured, very intelligent, well composed. He was well composed in the US with the way he answered questions that were directed at him. He was so confident and tackled each question one after the other.

“He was not ruffled or disturbed but felt homely. Nigerians have just elected a president with quality leadership. I want Nigerians to be patient with him because Nigeria’s problem is not something that can be solved overnight. It is only through a gradual process that we can solve it”, Oba Akinruntan added.

The appellation of ‘Baba Go Slow’ given to President Buhari which he himself acknowledged in far away US “is what best suits the country now in view of the enormous challenges confronting us and which need painstaking effort being deployed by the President”.

He added that used Ugboland in Ilaje area of Ondo State was very significant to the Yoruba.

According to him, “Ugboland is the first to arrive in Yorubaland and we are the owner of the Yorubas. A lot of people have testified to this and they include the Late Profs Atanda, Akinjiogbin, Ade Ajayi, Ogeh in their various classical books on history relating to Yoruba race. The same testimony has been given by Oba of Benin and Alaafin of Oyo”.

“We are the only town in Yorubaland that can boast of crude oil today and we can also take care of other Yoruba towns, so my counsel is for our people to read extensively so as to remove their ignorance and be able to make informed comments whenever the need arises”, he stated.

While appreciating those who conferred the award on him, he said, “I am happy for the honour bestowed on me by the Omo Ajorosun Club, although I never expected that Ibadan could honour me.

“I grew up here and I have understood a lot of things about this city. They are very accommodating and they are wonderful human beings. Many of the members of this club are my friends and they know a lot about me.

“This was the same way former President Bill Clinton invited me to US to honour me and I was also curious then as to why I was invited. Clinton told me that he read how I started my business with a meagre amount of money and that it was rare for many Nigerians to even remember how they started their businesses”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/baba-go-slow-appellation-given-to-buhari-is-what-best-suits-nigeria-now-yoruba-obas/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by HungerBAD: 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
I don't know about the ‘Baba Go Slow’ thing.

But i do know that this man should stop smoking whatever he is smoking. Buhari, is gradually changing Nigeria, one day at a time and so far we can visibly see the changes, sweeping through the country.

We will get there.

Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan, aside being the head of a funny sect(Church), it is common knowledge that you are a TOP Ogboni Man,so let us stick to your church,personal and Ogboni business. Do not attempt to be an Historian too.

Everybody seems to be claiming the Yoruba's came from them.

The Benin's claim the Yoruba's are from there, Ile-Ife says Yoruba started from there, Alafin of OYO says the Yoruba started from his Kingdom, Soun of Ogbomosho too, and now your small country side community is claiming that too?Maybe the Yoruba's really need to tell us where they come from.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
And u think we dnt know y such befitting title is given to him?

buhari remaineth babagoslow

till shekau is dead

till we see the output of our massive votes

till $1=N1

till Amaechi,Atiku,Tinubu are jailed

till we youths receive our N5k monthly

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by lanrehamd: 1:06pm On Jul 27, 2015
smiley

41 Likes

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by lanrehamd: 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
shocked

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Firefire(m): 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
Baba Go Slow...

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by temitemi1(m): 1:10pm On Jul 27, 2015
#BabaGoSlow
#BabaOneChance
#Baba419
#BabaNoCertificate
#BabaWestGermany

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Beanscake: 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
Learnt a new song at church yesterday.

To the tune of 'oh when the saints'...

So then they wailed,
Because they failed,
Oh how they wailed and wailed and wailed,

Oh lord, i dont want to be in that number,

Who will wail till Twenty Nineteen.

118 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by KingKuntaVart: 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Abugab(m): 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
Steadily and slowly moving Nigeria is far better than the motion without movement of the past

15 Likes

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by CR77(f): 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2015
Baba Go Slow is a scam to nigeria

16 Likes

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by AutoCarTracker(m): 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hahaha lol
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by kenedy175(m): 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2015
So na even Title now

What about Daura President? grin

They keep avoiding that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2015
O

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by sammyj: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2015
grin
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by CR77(f): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2015
grin No mind them
KingKonga:
Yoruba pple dey talk like say no be dem wan die just to vote him in.. all cos of their godfather tiffnubu

8 Likes

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2015
this is serious
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by idongesit88: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2015
Baba is really going slower each day! May God/Allah help us.

6 Likes

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by kennyman2000(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hahahahah..
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by dammytosh: 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
kABIEEEYEEEEEESSSSI OOO

UNA COLLECT GEJ MONEY, SUPPORT BUHARI.

Any way, speed without direction is useless.

I prefer it slow and steady.....

So we enjoy these WAILERS before we see start seeing results and performance that will render them jobless and useless.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Maxymilliano(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
Guess it is now official ...

Baba Go Slow .

5 Likes

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Built2last: 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
same Obas that endorsed GEJ.
when are are these people going to be reliable?

8 Likes

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by CR77(f): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
cheesy And baba will end up slower grin grin grin
idongesit88:
Baba is really going slower each day! May God/Allah help us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by CharlesPhc: 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2015
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by echelons(m): 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2015
This is what we get when we choose NEPA Bill over PhD certificate.

No policy direction, crumbling economy (The value of Naira went from around 200 to a dollar to 240 within 2 months - unprecedented! ), inarticulate responses to key national issues, reckless statements capable of breeding disunity especially now that we all need to work together, No government in place, went to the US and came back with virtually nothing - no agenda was discussed or made known to us.

It's very unfortunate because those that are supposed to be concerned are those singing his praise.

I'm worried not because I have any political interest rather because the small amount of money I have in my bank has lost nearly 30% of its value in just 2 months.

We all should be worried and stop this stupid praise - singing because it doesn't bring any good to us.

Just like we were united in calling it quits with PDP, we should all also unite to tell President Buhari to move his asss and get to work.

We really don't need Slow and Steady now..especially not a Baba Go slow.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by anwo247: 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2015
The hailing hailers.....being led by Yoruba obas. The VP is now a house boy and you're still hailing. Born to serve, una no dey tire?

His best title remains: Daura Dul-lard

10 Likes

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Akosbaba(m): 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2015
Thumbs up to the oba on the Buhari part,as for history na him know

2 Likes

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by ClintonNzedimma(m): 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hmmm
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Orikinla(m): 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2015
HungerBAD:
I don't know about the ‘Baba Go Slow’ thing.

But i do know that this man should stop smoking whatever he is smoking. Buhari, is gradually changing Nigeria, one day at a time and so far we can visibly see the changes, sweeping through the country.

We will get there.

Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan, aside being the head of a funny sect(Church), it is common knowledge that you are a TOP Ogboni Man,so let us stick to your church,personal and Ogboni business. Do not attempt to be an Historian too.

Everybody seems to be claiming the Yoruba's came from them.

The Benin's claim the Yoruba's are from there, Ile-Ife says Yoruba started from there, Alafin of OYO says the Yoruba started from his Kingdom, Soun of Ogbomosho too, and now your small country side community is claiming that too?Maybe the Yoruba's really need to tell us where they come from.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by CR77(f): 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Maxymilliano:
Guess it is now official ...

Baba Go Slow .

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Owerri Jailbreak: More Names, Photos Of Escaped Prisoners Wanted By Police / Garba Shehu, Bashir Ahmad Caught Using Twitter Despite Ban - FIJ / "Peter Obi Is Ethnically Cleansing Labour Party" - Alhaji Bashiru Apapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.