Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos (17242 Views)

Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by Hunter(m): 7:42am On Oct 23, 2005
Belview Plane Missing
There is speculation that a Nigerian airliner carrying 116 people may have[b] crashed[/b] or been hijacked since going missing after taking off from Lagos.

"There are two things, either a crash or a hijack. We don't pray for a crash, which is worse," said Patrick Abah, a spokesman for the Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Lagos.

CNN television reported the Federal Airports Authority had confirmed it had gone down shortly after taking off from the commercial capital

News Source: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=68304
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by pharrod(m): 10:50am On Oct 23, 2005
The plans took off around 8:45 pm yesterday and was last seen three minutes after it took off.I saw one advert on NTA around 3 am today saying that a bellview plane that was bound to Abuja has not arrived ,Asking people to phone in if they see any thing.What a tragic thing.Two things happened in Nigeria thesame day.The DEATH Of Nigerian First Lady and The Plane Crash.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by Seun(m): 11:31am On Oct 23, 2005
Nigeria Passenger Plane Crashes
[s]A plane on its way to the Nigerian capital Abuja has crashed in Oyo state north of Lagos with at least 114 people on board, police have said. "Our men have spotted the wreckage of the crash," Lagos police spokesman Bode Ojajuni told the Associated Press. The pilot sent a distress signal just after taking off from Lagos in stormy weather, state television reported. It is not known if there were any survivors. Several senior officials are said to have been on the flight.[/s]

All killed in Nigeria plane crash
All 117 passengers and crew of a commercial airliner which crashed on an internal flight in Nigeria on Saturday were killed, the government has said. There had initially been conflicting reports about whether anyone survived.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4368516.stm
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by Greatpeter(m): 11:41am On Oct 23, 2005
This is the moment of Prayer for Nigeria.

It's a shocking news!
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by Seun(m): 11:47am On Oct 23, 2005
[s]50 People Survived!!
"More than 50 people have reportedly survived a plane crash in Nigeria. An estimated 116 people were on board the Boeing 737 aircraft, which was on its way to the Nigerian capital Abuja from Lagos."
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-13452635,00.html[/s]

Nobody survived.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by pkrix(m): 11:54am On Oct 23, 2005
The weather and its ugly effect - harmattan!

I'd advise people go wherever possible to go by car in this season by car.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by EzehM(m): 11:56am On Oct 23, 2005
The names are being read on AIT
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by EzehM(m): 11:57am On Oct 23, 2005
BEN TV for UK viewers
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by Greatpeter(m): 11:59am On Oct 23, 2005
Oh my God!
Only 50 souls survived?
that's why anytime I'm travelling by air, I pray until I land safely.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by pkrix(m): 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2005
Greatpeter, is it when you re travelling by road that you don't pray
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by layi(m): 12:11pm On Oct 23, 2005
Just heard CNN African chirf correspondent..Jeff Koinange said that more than half of the passengers survived. I
He said plane crash 4hrs after take off at d countryside...a remote village between oyo state and kwara called KIISHI
Helicopters and rescue missions are at the crash site. Relatives of the passengers r at the Murtala airport causing panic. It's affected airport schedules as expected.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by Greatpeter(m): 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2005
Pkix welcome.

I pray always, which one is not dangerous?
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by Hunter(m): 1:06pm On Oct 23, 2005
Though it's still safer to fly than it is to drive yourself...
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by layi(m): 1:17pm On Oct 23, 2005
Safe? Nothing is safe. Sleeping aint safe.
Let's just acknowledge GOD and give our lives to him or betterstill....acept his life into us.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by SirKay3(m): 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2005
May God have mercy on us in Nigeria, this calls for national prayer. CNN is still saying 50people survived. My heartfelt sympathy goes to the family of the dead

@pkrix and Greatpeter.

Let's just keep the prayer flame on always wherever we are going and whenever.

I had a nasty experience on the 10th of last month on my way from Warri with an Aero Contractor plane. Abeg na prayer o, though in the night of that Saturday, by 1am, the Spirit woke me up to pray and make sure I fast in the morning, which I did.
I broke my fast in the plane by 2.30pm, was in prayer mood till we got to Lagos airspace and the pilot announcing that we should fasten our seat belts. Suddenly it happened, the plane that was flying @ about 28000ft altitude dropped like that to 16000ft, we were like that until the pilot calmed us down and later said we cant land in Lagos until the next 10mins, we had to remain like that praying till we finally landed 15mins later.

Flight of 45mins ended up being 1hr 15mins
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by senato(m): 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2005
8:45pm yesterday, a plane going to Abuja crashed land 3 minutes after take off at LISSA Village, Ifo Area Ogun State. Please what's our offence in this country
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by senato(m): 1:47pm On Oct 23, 2005
Seun are you very sure upto 50 people survived in the crash. And moreso has the Black Box been recovered at the seen of the incident.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by Greatpeter(m): 1:51pm On Oct 23, 2005
I heard that half of the total number of personnel on board survived.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by layi(m): 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2005
More than half survived - CNN news
50 people survived - AIT news (i don't believe that though..why rounded figure?)

Anyway its too early to confirm. Rescue workers are already at d sight tryin to rescue victims and trace d cause of d crash.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by angelmike(m): 2:19pm On Oct 23, 2005
This is reallyu a sad month for nija. firt the killing of 4 of its troops in darfur sudan on 8 oct, then the air crash of yesterday and now aunty stella's demise. my heart bleeds for my country. take heart dear president and know that only God consoles...

pls anyone with the names of people on board the ill fated aircraft cld post a private mail to me. im in darfur sudan and not opportuned to get the whole gist.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by Greatpeter(m): 2:26pm On Oct 23, 2005
Angelmike we will keep you updated as the news come.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by angelmike(m): 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2005
Thanks alot GP
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by SirKay3(m): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2005
The crash site has been discovered by AIT to be in Ifo area of Ogun state, just after Sango Ota. Nobody survived as shown so far
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by Seun(m): 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2005
I watched it on TV just now. You're right, it seems nobody survived. From the wreckage, you could not
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by angelmike(m): 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2005
but cnn said it crashed at kisi in oyo state and about 50 people have been rescued alive
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by goggoji(m): 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2005
yes and sadly yes no one survived the crash. Three lessons from this tradegy, Nigeria's search and rescue capabilities are in shambles, information dissimination in the face of crisis is 0, and Nigeria never learns from hstory.....
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by SirKay3(m): 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2005
Angelmike,

Monitor AIT, though they are showing a sporting show for now. I've been shuttling between the local and international TV stations
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by hotangel2(f): 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2005
I tot they said errone survived? I heard that some dignities were on the plane. May God save them ooo.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by layi(m): 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2005
Dignitaries my a$$
I tried to ignore that part of the news. The rest aint important aiight? Bull$hit!
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by hotangel2(f): 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2005
No the rest are important... But...... In short ehhh. May God save all of them.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by layi(m): 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2005
I saw the crash site on CNN now. I dont think anyone survived.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by omogenikky(f): 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2005
Hi,
Can anyone tell me whats up with the crash? We just woke up in the US to the news. Where did it crash......conflicting reports everywhere. Did pple survive/
What happened to Stella OBJ too. This is so sad.........i guess its that time of the year again. We all got to pray regularly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday / 80 Days Across West Africa: #jollofroad; A Z!KOKO Road Trip / 50 Nigerian Migrants Rescued In The Mediterranean By Libya’s Coastguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.