Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? (34187 Views)

7 Tips For Handling Heartburn During Pregnancy / What Causes Your Bad Breath? / "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by chocolateme(f): 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
I keep experiencing heartburn anytime I eat beans, thought it was due to a medical condition but nothing is wrong with me. I thought maybe something has gone wrong in my system.
Someone said it happens to cancer, asthmatic or hypertensive people but I noticed its common especially with beans.
Whats the cause and remedy? Can it be avoided? I even chill the beans in the fridge after cooking before eating but it won't stop. Is it from the beans? Med experts, let me in on some knowledge of it pls.
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by tcalc: 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
ha, did u say heartburn?
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by psucc(m): 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2015
It is likely you do eat when hot but if not consider alternative as it might be inimical to your body.
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by moneytreeteam: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
I think its just with beans

2 Likes

Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
Wash your beans very well before. if possible par boil and. wash before cooking.

stop. using potash to. cook. beans
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by chocolateme(f): 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
Wash your beans very well before. if possible par boil and. wash before cooking.

stop. using potash to. cook. beans
I parboil it and wash b4 final cooking. Potash is out of question, no one uses that anymore

1 Like

Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
chocolateme:
I parboil it and wash b4 final cooking. Potash is out of question, no one uses that anymore

See a doc then
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by chocolateme(f): 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

See a doc then
certified OK, happens to a lot of people i know.

1 Like

Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 27, 2015
chocolateme:
certified OK, happens to a lot of people i know.
Obviously your village people at work

1 Like

Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by nickyvil: 6:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
Beans contain high concentration o fiber(The parts of fruits and vegetables that cannot be digested) and the sugar oligosaccharide which takes alot time to break down/digest, with some some fermentation taking place which releases gas so we all produce gas in the stomach from chemical reactions btw food and stomach acid. the LES(lower esophageal sphincter) has to occasionally open to release this gas as a burp or belch. if the stomach is particularly full of acid at the time, it will be carried into the esophagus and cos heartburn and you know beans don't digest in time I think that is what is causing your heartburn all you need to do is drinking lots of water will wash the beans through your system quicker and exercise will help tone all muscles including those that help fiber into and though the intestines.

Note: frequent heartburn isn't good, it can damage your esophagus and could lead to esophagus cancer. pls if beans cause you heartburn you can try to do away or restrict the number of times and quantities you eat.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by chocolateme(f): 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

Obviously your village people at work
u are the one at work judging from your moniker #youngWizard#
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by chocolateme(f): 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
nickyvil:
Beans contain high concentration o fiber(The parts of fruits and vegetables that cannot be digested) and the sugar oligosaccharide which takes alot time to break down/digest, with some some fermentation taking place which releases gas so we all produce gas in the stomach from chemical reactions btw food and stomach acid. the LES(lower esophageal sphincter) has to occasionally open to release this gas as a burp or belch. if the stomach is particularly full of acid at the time, it will be carried into the esophagus and cos heartburn and you know beans don't digest in time I think that is what is causing your heartburn all you need to do is drinking lots of water will wash the beans through your system quicker and exercise will help tone all muscles including those that help fiber into and though the intestines.

Note: frequent heartburn isn't good, it can damage your esophagus and could lead to esophagus cancer. pls if beans cause you heartburn you can try to do away or restrict the number of times and quantities you eat.
thanks Nickyvil, I appreciate, will put that in mind.
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by xhandra: 7:57pm On Jan 07, 2017
I'm also having severe heart burn, and it just happened after I ate white beans. I'm just fed up
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by psucc(m): 11:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
chocolateme:
thanks Nickyvil, I appreciate, will put that in mind.
You see because Nickyvil don blow big Grammer na imyou cone thank am.

Others where no carry grammar na so so argument you dey do.
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by Cwhyte(m): 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
chocolateme:
I keep experiencing heartburn anytime I eat beans, thought it was due to a medical condition but nothing is wrong with me. I thought maybe something has gone wrong in my system.
Someone said it happens to cancer, asthmatic or hypertensive people but I noticed its common especially with beans.
Whats the cause and remedy? Can it be avoided? I even chill the beans in the fridge after cooking before eating but it won't stop. Is it from the beans? Med experts, let me in on some knowledge of it pls.

i think i have this as well and it is just with beans.
i avoided it for like 3 months and when i took it again today, still heartburn.
i think it is time i give up totally on beans.

1 Like

Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by beatz5(f): 10:13am On Jun 12, 2017
its not about beans per say although beans is the culprit
beans is proteinous and in digestion of protein there will be increase acid production and if this acid moves upward u will feel it in the chest
if u want to eat beans I suggest u have milk by the side
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by joyblinks(f): 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2017
chocolateme:

I have stopped eating beans or moi moi because of the heartburn i get each time i eat them.
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by Cwhyte(m): 1:58am On Jun 14, 2017
beatz5:
its not about beans per say although beans is the culprit
beans is proteinous and in digestion of protein there will be increase acid production and if this acid moves upward u will feel it in the chest
if u want to eat beans I suggest u have milk by the side

Do you know why it is like that for some people?
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by beatz5(f): 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
Cwhyte:

Do you know why it is like that for some people?
individual differences some people are more sensitive than the others then have you spoken to a health personnel about it
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by MissIndependent(f): 10:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
xhandra:
I'm also having severe heart burn, and it just happened after I ate white beans. I'm just fed up
Avoid white beans white beans is only used for moi moi or akara not for cooking just like that.

Whenever you want to eat beans, go for oloyin or honey brown beans parboil very well and wash like rice, cook well before eating. That is the secret
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by Firmjudge(m): 11:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
OP sorry, But your liver is having a hard time processing beans.

Please do a hepatitis test your liver seem to have issues with your protein comsumption.

I will be waiting for your result...
Please dont ignor.
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by Abiagirl777(f): 4:38am On Jun 15, 2017
MissIndependent:
Avoid white beans white beans is only used for moi moi or akara not for cooking just like that.

Whenever you want to eat beans, go for oloyin or honey brown beans parboil very well and wash like rice, cook well before eating. That is the secret

who told you abi you are the one that created beans. so myself that has never eaten brown beans we r eating chaff abi?
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by Firmjudge(m): 8:11am On Jun 15, 2017
Abiagirl777:

who told you abi you are the one that created beans. so myself that has never eaten brown beans we r eating chaff abi?
I tire oo that brown beans is uncommon to my people..

However reacting to beans is a potential symptom of hepatitis...
The OP should go for a test.
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by Firmjudge(m): 8:12am On Jun 15, 2017
chocolateme:

Go for hepatitis test.
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by MissIndependent(f): 8:26am On Jun 15, 2017
Abiagirl777:

Get the fu*ck outta my mention thanks!!! undecided undecided
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by emperordachris(m): 11:10am On Sep 30, 2019
I Just ate rice and beans..na so i come dey get heart burn
Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by blueflower(f): 8:31am On Nov 22, 2019
[/quote] best answer. Thanks
[quote author=nickyvil post=36334427]Beans contain high concentration o fiber(The parts of fruits and vegetables that cannot be digested) and the sugar oligosaccharide which takes alot time to break down/digest, with some some fermentation taking place which releases gas so we all produce gas in the stomach from chemical reactions btw food and stomach acid. the LES(lower esophageal sphincter) has to occasionally open to release this gas as a burp or belch. if the stomach is particularly full of acid at the time, it will be carried into the esophagus and cos heartburn and you know beans don't digest in time I think that is what is causing your heartburn all you need to do is drinking lots of water will wash the beans through your system quicker and exercise will help tone all muscles including those that help fiber into and though the intestines.

Re: What Causes Heartburn After Beans Consumption And What Is The Remedy? by HoneySwag(f): 3:41am On Jul 21, 2021
xhandra:

Am experiencing same right now with white beans also. I don't get this feeling with red beans, but red beans is now very expensive that's why I bought the white. My health is very crucial, so I'll have to throw it away �

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Beaten By Nurse In Calabar (Photos) / Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver / How To Get Rid Of Oily Skin On The Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.