Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,201 members, 7,807,679 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Would You Vote F0r A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Vote F0r A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? (770 Views)

What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Vote F0r A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? by bi0nics: 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
undecided : undecided [Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.
Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.
Atheism is contrasted with theism, which, in its most general form, is the belief that at least one deity exists.

#W0uld Any0ne like to vote an atheist as a president

Re: Would You Vote F0r A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? by Atlantian: 9:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
God is a word created by humans to fill in the gabs in their quest and comfort, so in essence, there is God as a human creation, but no God as creator of humans.

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote F0r A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
why not?

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote F0r A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
krattoss:
why not?
Lol i doubt that, not in this religiously saturated society and religion somehow has a thing with intolerance.

It would be a very bad and poor political tactics and practise to admit to be an atheist in this society.

First the christians will brand you the nick name ANTI-CHRIST and none of them will vote for you.

Muslims might even call for your head. . . . For now it will be a wrong move for any politician to admit lack of belief in Gods

4 Likes

Re: Would You Vote F0r A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? by bigiyaro(m): 9:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
such ppl r great leaders
Re: Would You Vote F0r A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? by Weah96: 1:08am On Jul 28, 2015
Many presidents are atheists, especially those who attended Ivy League schools. They teach nothing but reason over there.
Re: Would You Vote F0r A President Who Happens To Be An Atheist? by dalaman: 1:50am On Jul 28, 2015
In the developed world(Presidents like Obama and a lot of other world leaders are closet atheist), but African leaders are mostly religious fanatics and fundamentalist. It will be foolish to come out as an atheist an seek any selective office.

(1) (Reply)

Apocalyptical Trumpet Noise Frm D Sky Appears Over Manchester - Is D End Coming? / Why Do We Go To Church? / Sin Against The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.