Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,706 members, 7,802,101 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel (29399 Views)

Rumored Details On The Specs Of The Next Phantom Series (Photos) / Exclusive: Leaked Full Specs Of Infinix Big 6 / Motorola Droid Turbo 2:An Unbreakable Screen Phone That Can Take 2TB MicroS Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by Ayofresh4u(m): 11:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
Photo Credit: http://rack.3.mshcdn

The Turing Phone looks like it was plucked right out of
a sci-fi movie.
Turing Robotics Industries announced on Thursday its
Turing Phone, the world's first smartphone made from
Liquidmorphium liquid metal — a material that's
stronger than titanium and steel.

The Turing Phone runs Android 5.0 Lollipop and
features a 5.5-inch screen with 1,920 x 1,080
resolution (full HD), a 13-megapixel rear camera, an 8-
megapixel front-camera and a 3,000 milliamp-hour
(mAh) battery.

Under the screen, there's a Qualcomm Snapdragon
801 processor with 2.5GHz quad-core Krait graphics,
3GB of RAM, 16/32/64GB of storage. Those are very
respectable specs, just a hairsbreadth below the
flagships of today.

The Turing Phone also has a fingerprint sensor. But
unlike fingerprint sensors that are embedded in the
home buttons on phones like the iPhone 6 and
Samsung Galaxy S6, the Turing Phone's finger sensor
is located on the side.

One thing you won't find on the Turing Phone is a
standard microUSB port for charging; it uses a
magnetic charger.

It's also waterproof. A special Binnacle Ocean Master
nano-coating allows the phone to be submerged in 30
feet of water.

Photo Credit: http://rack.0.mshcdn

Impressive hardware aside, the Turing Phone's other
star feature is its security. Turing Robotics says the
phone uses a "protected communications network that
is entirely insulated from cyber-threats and privacy
intrusions."

Through it, users can exchange private data such as
social security numbers and banking numbers to other
Turing devices securely without worrying about it being
intercepted midway.

The Turing Phone will be available for pre-order on
July 31 in three models: 16GB ($610), 64GB ($740)
and 128GB ($870).

Credit:http://amebocity.com/forum2_theme_112151916.xhtml?tema=444

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by ZUBY77(m): 12:23am On Jul 28, 2015
No problem.

Send me their account number.
I will pay on delivery. grin.

I am sure we here in Nigeria prefer to fast and Pray for the future to be bright.
While others are busy in laboratories creating the future.

We need to jail half of the pastors in Nigeria before we can go forward. You can all see that nothing happened after jailing Pastor King. There are some pastors worse than him.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 28, 2015
...rugged sweet phone.

1 Like

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by possibilita(m): 2:36am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by nnachukz(m): 3:52am On Jul 28, 2015
that is what I want. approximately N200k. Alert me when it reaches naija

1 Like

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by Lovechyld101(m): 5:41am On Jul 28, 2015
The Body isn't Our problem but the Screen I can alway change casing
Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by tolu4you: 7:44am On Jul 28, 2015
Don't know what to say, maybe nice one or what....?
Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by Atlantian: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2015
Finally, a phone I can use to kill my neighbor's dog.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by Engnrcollins(m): 8:30am On Jul 28, 2015
2.5GHz quad-core ? Hmm this is interesting.

The specs looks cool

2 Likes

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by ishar(f): 8:56am On Jul 28, 2015
Atlantian:
Finally, I phone I can use to kill my neighbor's dog.
u such a clown. Funnu u

2 Likes

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by NelsonNeo(m): 9:01am On Jul 28, 2015
cool specs
Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by estyvino(m): 9:13am On Jul 28, 2015
That phone no need signals to function choi
Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by YerYer: 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
Is it bullet proof?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by koligs: 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
K
Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by miteolu(m): 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
NICE
Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by DONSMITH123(m): 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
Na bullet proof? abeggy

1 Like

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by dridowu: 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ok
Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by psyqs(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
cool shocked
Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
Na the phone gan gan Angel Gabriel dey use

3 Likes

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by Cutehector(m): 1:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
Iphone and samsung market don spoil... Yaaaay...

If u nor geh money, no buy ooooo

4 Likes

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by HOMOTOYOSI10: 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
winkwow
Innovation at its peak wink
Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by Vicadonis(m): 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
The phone go cost die
Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by Obiwannn: 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
how much?

modified:
It's quite cheap oh...
But again the rising cost of the Dollar go kee person.

1 Like

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by gbens2000(m): 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
YerYer:
Is it bullet proof?
yes cuz dat mode of steel used for the is almost 10times harder dan normal metals in bullet proof vest.wetin happen u wan use am go fight war?

3 Likes

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by mytime24(f): 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
Issoki

1 Like

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by kennyman2000(m): 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
Nice..
Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by Segadem(m): 1:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
welcome to the future!
Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by deen4real7902: 1:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
Lovely, a must get phone, waiting for the UK used 2nd hand to come out.

2 Likes

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by rottennaija(m): 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
Now samsung and Apple will be busy watching their backs. Now, this is what I called, a real challenger to the throne

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by bigass123(m): 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
Finally, the stuff has arrived...
Somebody please tell INTROVERT to say YES to me cos I want to propose marriage to her with these water proof beast of a phone.
Drop that toy called iPhone that you're worshiping grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel by adjoviomole(m): 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
I hope I wunt have to gym with the phone sha grin.I don't want to belike hulk o

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Android Device Now Available? / Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network / Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.