Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband (3317 Views)

Nigerian Woman In Trouble For Battering Indian Lover (photo) / 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Triplets In The U.S After Six Years Of Waiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by JustGood(m): 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2009
http://www.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6222&Itemid=19

Belgian strangles Nigerian wife to death
Written by Tashikalmah Hallah & Francis Okeke
Sunday, 15 March 2009
A Nigerian woman, Mrs Evelyn Uche Amarin that lived in Belgium was on Monday, March 2, 2009 murdered by her husband.This news was contained in a press release signed by the Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Diaspora, Rep Abike Dabiri-Erewa (AC, Lagos).

She said that “the attention of the House Committee on Diaspora has been drawn to the recent murder of a Nigerian woman, Evelyn Uche Amarin by her Belgian Husband, Mr. Wim Vanacker, in their Berendene home, Belguim in a most inhuman, callous and brutish manner by strangling her to death with his bare hands, on Monday, March 2, 2009.”

The statement condemned the murder as well as the rise in the killing of Nigerians living in various parts of the world.

“While grieving the untimely death of this mother of 2, the Committee condemns in unequivocal terms the several acts of indignity against Nigerians by some foreigners in their host countries and noted with dismay the prevalence of domestic violence against women by men.

“The committee is calling on well meaning citizens of the world to rise up in one voice against the rampant abuse of human rights, especially of women by their male counterparts as a demonstration of solidarity in compliance with all known laws against human and women rights across the globe.”

It adds that “the committee is further calling on Nigerian embassies, International Communities and law enforcement Agencies to frontally wage war against all forms of inhuman treatment all over the world irrespective of race or colour.

“We are deeply touched by the death of this innocent woman and we hereby call on the relevant authorities especially the Belgium Police to ensure that Mr Wim Vanacker does not escape the long arms of the law for his wickedness against humanity, against his wife, against this mother, against this woman, Evelyn Uche Amarin; only then can the spirit of Evelyn find rest, only then can justice be seen to have been done.

“We are also calling on the well meaning citizens of world to wake up to the challenges of ensuring that the two children left by Evelyn do not suffer the misery of death of their mother,” it stated.
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2009
Is he in police custody already or still roaming free? undecided
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by Treetop20(m): 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2009
this is sad cry
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by brownbonno(m): 11:47pm On Mar 16, 2009
Do we ever ask why people do what they do ?
Reliably informed she refused the husband;s divorce application and he acted out of frustration.
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by debosky(m): 11:50pm On Mar 16, 2009
So frustration means killing her

I hope you aren't trying to excuse this.
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by manmustwac(m): 11:55pm On Mar 16, 2009
Hope he gets a life sentence and dies in prison. Then rots in Hell.
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by brownbonno(m): 11:59pm On Mar 16, 2009
debosky:

So frustration means killing her

I hope you aren't trying to excuse this.

Brother, you can never ever excuse evil.But pushing people to the extreme and hopeless situation is evil itself.
We as human being should as a matter of fact learn to accept situations and plan a way to move on.Especially with these Oyibos,when they say stop,learn to stop.Because their second thought might not be very friendly.
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by JustGood(m): 11:33am On Mar 17, 2009
@brown, yes. Oyinbos are mainly prone to mental disorders because of their lifestyles and lonesomeness etc. They still have no right to kill any other person.

If this act was committed by a Nigerian, this thread would have been about 15 pages full of condemnation for every Nigerian man (dead or alive).
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by desthan(m): 12:48pm On Mar 17, 2009
JustGood:

@brown, yes. Oyinbos are mainly prone to mental disorders because of their lifestyles and lonesomeness etc. They still have no right to kill any other person.

If this act was committed by a Nigerian, this thread would have been about 15 pages full of condemnation for every Nigerian man (dead or alive).

yet our women will still marry them undecided what a shame
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by Kx: 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2009
desthan:

yet our women will still marry them undecided what a shame

Do u blame dem for marrying oyibo or janded men?
Dey wan chop "dorra" and "eulo".

May be its time they realised that just as the saying goes
:"No place like home" simillarly,no men like their country men"(entirely my opinion)
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by benincitys(f): 11:14pm On Mar 17, 2009
Kx:

Do u blame dem for marrying oyibo or janded men?
Dey wan chop "dorra" and "eulo".

May be its time they realised that just as the saying goes
:"No place like home" simillarly,no men like their country men"(entirely my opinion)
i am happy with my oyibo husband everybody with their own.
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by brownbonno(m): 1:33am On Mar 18, 2009
benincitys:

i am happy with my oyibo husband everybody with their own.

Thank God you are happy with your Oyibo Husband,but that doesn;t change his inherent mental disposition when pushed to the edge.
Its a major characteristic of the oyibo race.So never under rate him on that area.
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by FBS: 8:08am On Mar 18, 2009
there is only one race and that is the human race. na europeans bring this nonsense classifications, black, white bla bla bla
That said, the nonsense husband should be caught and jailed for life or set frying on an electric chair for killing his wife. whatever made him do it is irrelevant since it wasnt an act of self defense. rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by sistajay(f): 8:20am On Mar 18, 2009
Only God knows what pushed him over the edge, let's hope they catch him soon. We sure don't want a killer on the loose.
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by NYWM1(m): 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2009
This is awful news!
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by milwaukee: 6:57pm On Mar 28, 2009
smiley I was shocked when i heard about the killing, lived in Belgium for many years, you hardly hear of such kind of senseless killing, but whatever may have lead the man to that inhumane behavior, have no justification that all, frustation or his inability to control his emotion, he must surely be punished for such a cruelty. I will also like say this not only the oyinbos kill their wives, naija men in the US does too, So please dont let us be doing this Race profiling of a thing.
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by DisGuy: 11:20am On Apr 26, 2009
we use to have a belgian on this site married to a nigerian woman with two kids lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by tpiah: 2:36pm On Apr 26, 2009
Is it true the man later killed himself while in police custody?

lord have mercy.
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by ocean73(m): 2:51pm On Apr 26, 2009
this is comon here in europe, the white men killing there wife,not only nigerian, but there fellow white, so our ladies take note
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by oyinda3(f): 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2009
that asswipe should rot in prison
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by LadyDee1(f): 4:50pm On Jul 26, 2009
Sad, embarassed embarassed cry cry

The poor children, how do you start explaining who killed there mother, shocked sad
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by samparian(m): 7:39am On Jul 27, 2009
ocean73:

this is comon here in europe, the white men killing there wife,not only nigerian, but there fellow white, so our ladies take note

Na so sad
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by chiejik(f): 10:54am On Jul 27, 2009
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by Fhemmmy: 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2009
i think we making it look like a case of a white man killing nigerian wife, however, it shd be a case of a man killing his wife.
Nigerian men do other things to show anger and all that, while white man kill.
So sad and pray that God will comfort her families
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by JustGood(m): 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i think we making it look like a case of a white man killing nigerian wife, however, it shd be a case of a man killing his wife.
Nigerian men do other things to show anger and all that, while white man kill.
So sad and pray that God will comfort her families

Is it not the same way that every bad thing done by an African is attached to the African rather than the person?
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed By European Husband by Fhemmmy: 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2009
JustGood:

Is it not the same way that every bad thing done by an African is attached to the African rather than the person?

Lol

(1) (Reply)

Married Women I Need Ur Advice / Is This Appropriate? / My Ex Collected Money From Me To Celebrate Her Hubby's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.