Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Churches And Romance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Churches And Romance (1467 Views)

How To Get A Bride In Seven Selected Nigerian Churches / Is Kiss And Romance A Must For Guys / Colour and Romance: What Is Your Favourite Colour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches And Romance by ronkebaby(f): 10:47am On Sep 27, 2006
Hey all!, state here what the toasting rules i.e. the dating rules are in the church you worship, especially those in the pentecostal fold.

As for me, I worship in a pentecostal church and mine are: they lay emphasis on you dating just believers like yourself and not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. Infact it is a crime to marry non-born again xtians and also the word girlfriend/boyfriend is forbidden. It's known as being engaged instead + the period of their togetherness is called courtship and not dating. Above all you don't have to go through any pastor to propose marriage to a sisterwink!!!
Re: Churches And Romance by luvlymoi(f): 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2006
well sha i depends on were u live cos i live in the (etats unis). and christians and non christians act the same. i dont matter who u marry as long as u go to church. even if they dont go it doesnt matter. just go by urself.
Re: Churches And Romance by Oracle(m): 5:31am On Oct 11, 2006
Churches are like that, i believe in doing what you want to do when you have to do it and not letting Church principles lead you astray.
If you encounter problems in your marital life with the born again, the Church may not be there for you
Re: Churches And Romance by 190: 9:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
angry angry
Re: Churches And Romance by upendo98(f): 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
Christians (yes am gulity) must learn how to date. Dating is not taking your gal for overnight prayer meetings nor church retreats. Keep it real for christs sake.Read song of solomons and discover that God knows how to be romantic too but we fail him cz we carry the bible everywhere and speak scriptures instead of sweet talking each other. Thts why they say christian men especially are boring. It shouldnt be so.Its going overboard with spirituality and not being yourself and no wonder many christian marriages are going down the drain coz we keep it tooo spiritual till we are no good for the earth.
And pliz the pastor doesnt need to know every nitty gritty detail about your dating. You are both mature anyway. Let him counsel and officiate.

Av trully never understood why people spiritualise Marriage and Romance yet its not. If 2 christians come together and marry then their mariage is spiritual coz they are spiritual and not the insitution.I stand to be corrected but why I say that is coz everybody marries even pagans.Its an earthly institution ordained by God that has no place in heaven.
Keep real and balanced. lipsrsealed
Re: Churches And Romance by chibaby5(f): 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
@poster

Mine is a pentecostal church too. Very much da same rules as what you stated. If you interested in a lady/man u gotta let da pastor in on your thoughts and your plans, i.e introduce da person to da pastor, sessions with da pastor, etc till da marriage. Datz it in summary smiley
Re: Churches And Romance by upendo98(f): 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2011
lol chi. true dat.Same here. But I matured and became balanced when I discovered that pastors are human too and they even have worse problems in their relationships than ours.
Regard them yes,seek counsel yes,but not on every lil issue.Thts why God gave us brains to think alongside the counsel you get.Lets just put brains to good use.
Re: Churches And Romance by chibaby5(f): 10:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
upendo 98:

lol chi. true dat.Same here. But I matured and became balanced when I discovered that pastors are human too and they even have worse problems in their relationships than ours.
Regard them yes,seek counsel yes,but not on every lil issue.Thts why God gave us brains to think alongside the counsel you get.Lets just put brains to good use.

loool grin
I get u tho. At the end of the day there is no longer a barrier in reaching God. We can ask from God directly but like you sed, its just the regard for them as spiritual head.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Marry Someone Your Friend Once Dated? / Sex Machine For Hire: Apply Within / She Insulted Me Infront Of My Neighbour. What Nonsense!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.