Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,928 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Ìyàwó Wa (our Bride) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ìyàwó Wa (our Bride) (2610 Views)

Bride To Be / Lagos Na Wa! / IBADAN Ni Mo Wa - My Ibadan Lifestyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ìyàwó Wa (our Bride) by Hidentity(m): 12:09am On Jul 29, 2015
Ìyàwó wa- they warbled with roses rambling all over the mezzanine
Lidded in garment, she steps in regally to survey a sea of heads- solicited and crashers of gate
Celebratory clatters stumbling on another

The groom; proud of his catch- the cynosure of eyes- learned and seasoned- a quintessential arewà
He beams consistently- he would have passed for a slowpoke on a quotidian basis; but today, he is the auspicious man
'Ìyàwó wa', the uneducated scholars of culture rehashed in their attires-uniformed

Basking in his clean moral record, he didn't worry; but for the bride's heart which pounds like a rabbit's at a lion's mercy
The cup glides- portal shut on odium- and after the sentence the bride manacled her guiltless offender
Pity him not- that sentence we shall all get; but for the wrong officer on his own very case

Till death do us part, they said after the old priest...
Bernard came- the boy who did the bride as a teen
Bolaji attended- he once did the bride at the stream
Lamina was on seat- the one that tasted the goody on the way to the farm
Akanni came- the labourer who bought her wrapper off without force
Hmmm. Yes, Danladi, the boy who sailed through just because of eloquence
And the best man is Abubakar's son- the one who was once the active husband of his friend's wife.
And there was still the headmaster who accessed the bride's slate only once.

'Ìyàwó wa', the father-in-law said convincingly as he sips the prayer gin- but it is true- she is our wife;
But those who know that won't just call her
And the mother-in-law's prayer was a mere cliché- the bride shall conceive- but in her belly is a two months old foetus. Yet, the groom has never had a kiss permission granted.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ìyàwó Wa (our Bride) by theunusualmoon(m): 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
Don't know if the iyawo has truly been passed round but I must say that your writing is impeccable.I want to be like you when I grow up.

1 Like

Re: Ìyàwó Wa (our Bride) by Kieldgreat: 11:48am On Jul 31, 2015
Hidentity,

Permission to share this article.

And yes, I'd acknowledge you the owner.

Great write up.
Re: Ìyàwó Wa (our Bride) by Hidentity(m): 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
Kieldgreat:
Hidentity,
Permission to share this article.
And yes, I'd acknowledge you the owner.
Great write up.
Go ahead friend

(1) (Reply)

The Flower Girl Episode / Campus Stories On Nairaland?? / I Need 10 Writers To Launch A Blog With Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.