Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 - Computers (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 (65639 Views)

Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July / Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 / See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by ITbomb(m): 12:27am On Aug 01, 2015
Simplest method of downloading and installing windows 10 is by mounting on a virtual drive and click to install. Procedure and pix on www.ityunit.com/2015/08/how-to-install-windows-10-on-windows-7.html with all required download files.
See also how to tether your ss to pc so that you can use IDM for faster download

Running Windows 10 Enterprise now, fully activated

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by omoadeleye(m): 1:57am On Aug 01, 2015
Feranmicharles:
I never know how to operate windows 8 wella angry una come bring up windows 10,maybe na only for ur family member you do am for sha,not the massesembarassed

then we are proudly windows family then cheesy

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by marv97(m): 7:15am On Aug 01, 2015
Please I have some questions 1. How can I use simpleserver to download the update I received? 2. For the gamers, did your games play smoothly on windows 10? 3. If you upgrade through an iso file will your files and program still remain?
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Feranmicharles(m): 7:26am On Aug 01, 2015
omoadeleye:

then we are proudly windows family then cheesy
cheesy hehehehehe wagbayiigrin
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by PulseWeb: 8:33am On Aug 01, 2015
u have to be on windows 8.1 for it to work or u download Media Creation Tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

check out mine below:
mrintelligent:

Here is what I got

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by dober(m): 8:52am On Aug 01, 2015
My tablet came installed in chinese language.After the windows 10 upgrade, it returned to chinese language again. l have added english language but yet still chinese .
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by PulseWeb: 8:57am On Aug 01, 2015
take it to computer village and meet all those Chinese engineers. they will read their language and know how to fix it
dober:
My tablet came installed in chinese language.After the windows 10 upgrade, it returned to chinese language again. l have added english language but yet still chinese .
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by dober(m): 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2015
PulseWeb:
take it to computer village and meet all those Chinese engineers. they will read their language and know how to fix it
oh ! fixed ! Thanks to some youtube tutorials

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
I'm using Windows 8.1 Single Language with Bing... Which version of Windows 10 iso file should I upgrade?

Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Single Language?
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 02, 2015
PulseWeb:
go cyber cafe naaa... but Naa 3gb e go chop ooo
Bro, you use bblited right?
Uhm, i just wonna know if there's a way to use my android bblited subscription on pc via mobile hotspot..
Please help. Thanks
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by PulseWeb: 12:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
Zohan:

Bro, you use bblited right?
Uhm, i just wonna know if there's a way to use my android bblited subscription on pc via mobile hotspot..
Please help. Thanks
am not sure but put the sim on bb, send the code and wait to be activate. then try it on android
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
PulseWeb:
am not sure but put the sim on bb, send the code and wait to be activate. then try it on android
Thanks
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by puresoul1(m): 11:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
I Cant change my account picture maybe it the software I use to activate it that caused it
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by obiscolly(m): 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
This is the third time, i'm trying to upgrade my system from windows 8.1 home single language to windows 10 using the media creation tool. The first time, the download window vanished without notice at 70%. I had to restart the download. The second time it vanished at 80% and the third at 92%. It's really frustrating. Is there anything i might be doing wrong?

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by chidiezeh(m): 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
Somebody help me... My windows 10 refuse to boot.... After safe booting.. Help please
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by nonny1212: 11:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
after the windows 10 update, av been unable to setup my brightness and unable to put my computer to sleep/hibernate. also, i am unable to run "need for speed most wanted". please i need help with the windows 10 enterprise
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by obiscolly(m): 3:53am On Aug 06, 2015
mayordadon:
waooo i av activated my windows10 enterprise tghou i move from windows 10 home to pro nd from pro now to enterprises

now after seriously no sleeping nd configuration with some online tips

i use just bblited to get d os nd activate it with this key qoute me if u want der are working i av use it to activate like four laptops now

now to main point i can brosw true d store with my simple server waoooooo ..........

i swear d days of buying mb are numberd cos my store now work with simple server just qoute me for freee cos i got mine too for freee

pictures os stores nd d rest

note if u want contana to work for u just change region to usa finish

please what special system or connection settings did you use to get store and other metro apps to connect? Because mine still doesn't connect using simpleserver even though i can browse other pages. Thanks
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by loomer: 9:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
The upgrading on its own part self na big work.

Time I for take dey watch film nai d thing dey waste like this
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by phiszo(m): 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2015
Zohan:

Thanks
did hotspot work?
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by horrpeyemi: 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
nonny1212:
after the windows 10 update, av been unable to setup my brightness and unable to put my computer to sleep/hibernate. also, i am unable to run "need for speed most wanted". please i need help with the windows 10 enterprise
Bro you need to install the video driver
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2015
please can anyone help me out here. i started downloading the windows 10 update from media creation tool. after about 70% the stuff disappeared but whenever i connect my internet i have active download going on in the background. this has been on for the past couple of days and its taking up so much of my data. I think its downloaded upto 5GB and yet i do not have the wiinddows 10. and i cannot resume the download as the media creation tool wont reopen
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Adebayolove(m): 12:23am On Aug 08, 2015
What are the special features of Windows 10 enterprise edition that are not on Win 10 Pro?
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by PulseWeb: 6:08am On Aug 08, 2015
i just upgrade my windows 8.1 to windown10 and am loving the awesomE UI LOOK

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by YoungGame: 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
mayordadon:

many have asked how u were able to power ur store app using ss bblited plan...kindly help on that..i know u've been helpful on this thread

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by amnps: 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
I finally upgraded to the Windows 10 OS today after spending well over 5 hours on the venture. I guess this had to do in a way with the speed of the Internet download. I used Swift Networks despite getting the whole 5 bars.

To get my upgrade from 8.1, I simply activated the "check for Windows updates" though I had gotten a notification for an upgrade from my reservation. I'm happy I chose this route because I would have ended up installing some updates to programs I couldn't get uninstalled. When the available updates showed up, I simply ticked the Windows 10 updates only and commenced the upgrade download which was a whopping 2.7GB.

Download and installation was seamless as I simply followed the on-screen guides.

But after the installation, I noticed the start, search and WiFi and other buttons would not work. I couldn't even locate the search lens. You can imagine how hysterical I became and immediately started looking for ways to roll back to my 8.1 jejely.

To resolve this, all I did was to go through several bouts of restarting my laptop. Voila! It finally worked as I could now access the start, search and other buttons. Even the Edge finally appeared on the task bar.

N.B. Make sure you update all device drivers and disable any Antivirus software before proceeding to upgrade and install.

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by obiscolly(m): 8:41am On Aug 09, 2015
drealstan:
please can anyone help me out here. i started downloading the windows 10 update from media creation tool. after about 70% the stuff disappeared but whenever i connect my internet i have active download going on in the background. this has been on for the past couple of days and its taking up so much of my data. I think its downloaded upto 5GB and yet i do not have the wiinddows 10. and i cannot resume the download as the media creation tool wont reopen
This happened to me too and it was really frustrating. What finally worked for me was uninstalling my antivirus (Bit Defender Total Security 2015). Apparently it was force closing the media creation tool for security reasons. Try uninstalling yours too. Good luck.
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 10:46am On Aug 09, 2015
danidee10:
i'm still sticking with windows 8 for now because it still runs most games that i play, even windows 8.1 dosen't run fifa 14 and fifa 15 yet, i only use windows to run my games nothing else.......#teamUbuntu
windows 8.1 runs fifa 14 & 15 thats what i use
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by holusormi(m): 10:49am On Aug 09, 2015
nonny1212:

also had the same problem , try to reinstall your graphics drivers , that should fix it , it worked for me
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 11:03am On Aug 09, 2015
amnps:
I finally upgraded to the Windows 10 OS today after spending well over 5 hours on the venture. I guess this had to do in a way with the speed of the Internet download. I used Swift Networks despite getting the whole 5 bars.

To get my upgrade from 8.1, I simply activated the "check for Windows updates" though I had gotten a notification for an upgrade from my reservation. I'm happy I chose this route because I would have ended up installing some updates to programs I couldn't get uninstalled. When the available updates showed up, I simply ticked the Windows 10 updates only and commenced the upgrade download which was a whopping 2.7GB.

Download and installation was seamless as I simply followed the on-screen guides.

But after the installation, I noticed the start, search and WiFi and other buttons would not work. I couldn't even locate the search lens. You can imagine how hysterical I became and immediately started looking for ways to roll back to my 8.1 jejely.

To resolve this, all I did was to go through several bouts of restarting my laptop. Voila! It finally worked as I could now access the start, search and other buttons. Even the Edge finally appeared on the task bar.

N.B. Make sure you update all device drivers and disable any Antivirus software before proceeding to upgrade and install.
congrats on your safe upgrade, could you help me out on how to make the reservation? i keep getting the response below each time i use the microsoft creation tool

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by amnps: 7:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
Mykcool:
congrats on your safe upgrade, could you help me out on how to make the reservation? i keep getting the response below each time i use the microsoft creation tool

I want to believe the reservation period is over as you had till July 29, 2015 to do that. But like I did, check out the "check windows update" option in the control panel and let it run to see if Windows 10 will be among the available updates for you and then you can check the box by the side and download. Once the download is done, the upgrade will start automatically. Mind you, your computer has to be running on genuine Windows 7 and 8.1 OS for you to be eligible for the upgrade to Windows 10. Otherwise, forget it.

Follow the guide below which I have copied from an available on-line write up.

Windows 8.1
If you want to just download the installation media for a fresh reinstall of Windows 8.1, there’s a new option from Microsoft that can allow you to download that image without even entering your product key.

And if you are completely reinstalling a Windows 8.0 PC you can use this 8.1 installation media with the same key from Windows 8.0, so there’s no reason not to do so. It even comes with Update 1 integrated.

Simply download the Windows Installation Media Creation Tool from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media, and then select the details about which version you want (Windows 8.1 or 8.1 Pro, etc), and then follow through the wizard to create your boot media.

N.B. In downloading the media creation tool, make sure you download the correct one for the right system type for your computer i.e 32-bit or 64-bit processor. To know your system type, simply right click "This PC" on your desktop and select properties. There, you'll see whether it's a 32-bit or 64-bit system type OS.

You can choose to put the boot media directly on a USB drive, or you can create an ISO for later use or to burn to a disc later.

It’s as easy as that.

I hope this helps.
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by amnps: 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
nonny1212:

Before I did my upgrade to Windows 10, I made sure all my device drivers were up to date so as not to run into issues such as the ones you've highlighted. In any case, Google and download Driver Booster 2 to search and analyse all drivers on your computer. There and then, you can run the updates for all outdated drivers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Difference Between China HP And Original HP? / Computer Professional Body In Nigeria / Sending Executable Files Through Gmail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.