Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Not Able To Update? Get WINDOWS 10 On Your PC? Follow This Steps Below. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Not Able To Update? Get WINDOWS 10 On Your PC? Follow This Steps Below. (1855 Views)

How To Update Your Antivirus On A Computer Without Internet Connection / Get Windows 10 Right Now: Share your Windows 10 Experience. / Update: Get Airtel 2GB For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not Able To Update? Get WINDOWS 10 On Your PC? Follow This Steps Below. by leunamme93(m): 7:59am On Jul 29, 2015
Despite the fact that Microsoft has officially flipped the switch on the Windows 10 update, you might not be getting your free copy immediately. It might take days, or even weeks, until you can enjoy the brand new OS with its shiny new features. However, there’s a way to force the Windows 10 update to your computer, and have it downloaded and installed right away.

RedmondPie published a neat tutorial on how to force Windows 10 update onto your PC, and, so far it has been working flawlessly. Just follow these easy steps and you should be up and running in no-time. However, you need to make sure, before you proceed, that you are running a genuine copy of Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, and your system is up to date with all previous updates from Windows Update downloaded and installed.

In a nutshell, you will need to:

make sure your system is set to receive and install Windows Updates automatically
delete everything in the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder
run this command in an instance of cmd.exe ran as administrator: wuauclt.exe /updatenow
you should be all set and your download should begin shortly.
If you’re having problems following these directions, make sure to head over to the source link where you will see more detailed instructions, as well as screenshots.

And, as always, let us know if this has worked for you.
http://www.redmondpie.com/force-download-windows-10-free-upgrade-right-now-heres-how-tutorial/

Re: Not Able To Update? Get WINDOWS 10 On Your PC? Follow This Steps Below. by leunamme93(m): 8:06am On Jul 29, 2015
Almost through with my download.

Re: Not Able To Update? Get WINDOWS 10 On Your PC? Follow This Steps Below. by Lexusgs430: 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
Patience has its virtues. Would keep cruising Win 7,till I reach the front of the queue!!!!
Re: Not Able To Update? Get WINDOWS 10 On Your PC? Follow This Steps Below. by leunamme93(m): 10:32am On Jul 30, 2015
Finally.

Re: Not Able To Update? Get WINDOWS 10 On Your PC? Follow This Steps Below. by omoadeleye(m): 12:12am On Jul 31, 2015
Bro its a pity for me dat I'm just seeing ur tutorial. I was so nervous for this update since I was having difficulties to update to Windows 10 I hadownload it from another website (getinpc) and am just finishing installing the new update now, but seeing ur tutorial just booked my heart. So bro I would like to do it on your way cab you help me on how I can degrade back to 8.1, so for to start afresh the new update download I am lingering for your reply, thanks
Re: Not Able To Update? Get WINDOWS 10 On Your PC? Follow This Steps Below. by leunamme93(m): 12:50am On Jul 31, 2015
omoadeleye:
Bro its a pity for me dat I'm just seeing ur tutorial. I was so nervous for this update since I was having difficulties to update to Windows 10 I hadownload it from another website (getinpc) and am just finishing installing the new update now, but seeing ur tutorial just booked my heart. So bro I would like to do it on your way cab you help me on how I can degrade back to 8.1, so for to start afresh the new update download I am lingering for your reply, thanks
Have you now installed Windows X?
Re: Not Able To Update? Get WINDOWS 10 On Your PC? Follow This Steps Below. by omoadeleye(m): 1:05am On Jul 31, 2015
leunamme93:
Have you now installed Windows X?
yeah av installed it,

(1) (Reply)

!!!clearance Deals!!! / Please Help On This Topic: 2 Pass Assembler / Please Does Any Body Know How I Can Import Laptops From Abroad Or From Ebay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.