Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Microsoft CEO In Kenya For Windows 10 Launch - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Microsoft CEO In Kenya For Windows 10 Launch (599 Views)

SOLD!!! Brand New Connect 8-inch Tablet With Windows 10 / Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Full Specs And Price In Kenya / Clean HP Probook 4430s Windows 10 *Corei3 #Sold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft CEO In Kenya For Windows 10 Launch by MorrisaMkenya(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
Barely a week after President Obama’s historic visit to Kenya for the Global Entrepreneurship Summit, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is in Kenya for the worldwide launch of Windows 10 operating system. All eyes will be on Nairobi as one of the 13 cities spread across the globe hosting the much anticipated Windows 10 release in what is considered the biggest launch party in the company’s history. Nadella announced his arrival in the country via his Twitter account.

Nadella is in Nanyuki to (witness) Microsoft’s low-cost wireless internet connection project that uses TV white spaces to connect remote areas cut off from the electricity grid. The project is the first to implement the technology in Africa.

“I had a chance to participate in a skype call. I am going to another school where we will upgrade the machines to Windows 10 and then later in the afternoon we are going to have a party with the fans in Nairobi,” said Nadella on the company’s YouTube channel.

Windows 10 will be available on tablets and PCs in 190 countries. The free update, though, is only available for Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. In addition to new features on Cortana, Microsoft is expected to announce Windows 10 as the most secure platform yet and an upgraded conducive environment for developers.

“Windows 10 delivers on our more personal computing vision, with a natural, mobile and trusted experience. Along with our partner, we’re excited to deliver the best Windows ever, which will empower people and organizations around the world to do great things,” said Terry Myerson, executive Vice President, Windows and Devices Group.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Track Messages And Calls On My Boyfriend Phone Without Touching The Pho / Naija Market For Sales And Swap Of Phones, Laptops, Etc / Konga Is Doing BLUE THURSDAY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.