Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:27 AM

Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? (714 Views)

8th Wedding Anniversary Celebration Of A Nairalander (Photos) / Man Wears His Mother's Headgear To Church In Celebration Of Mother's Day (Photo) / Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? by wizard007(m): 9:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hi peeps! I have this outlook about burial in general, I mean it seems weird why I would be celebrating the death of a loved one.

Really its not the money being spent, but the cheerfulness on people face, wining and dining over the loss of a soul.

Yeah right death is inevitable, its something we all expect to hit us someday, but dancing and partying about it is a myth I am yet to unravel.

I bear no grudge or have anything against people that practice this but " its really not on" I can't be happy with the loss of my parents or someone close basically because of the stupid term people use " Hin don old wella na".

I attend burials of course, why?? I'm a dude that likes to groove and the way our people organise burials ehn. Mehn o massive, so I just go like I'm going to have my own fun anyway!

But why opened this thread is to know if there is anyone who share my idea that its not ideal celebrating the death of a loved one.

Share your views fellas!
Re: Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? by Shebarh(f): 9:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
it depends on d kind of burial op.. every1 is praying for people to eat and drink during his/ her burial bcus dey want to live long.. celebration of life is what ah wish my self...dunno bout u
Re: Celebration Of Death, Yay Or Nay? by wizard007(m): 9:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
Shebarh:
it depends on d kind of burial op.. every1 is praying for people to eat and drink during his/ her burial bcus dey want to live long.. celebration of life is what ah wish my self...dunno bout u

Celebration of life, when someone died? I don't understand your ideology...I still don't get why people will want people to celebrate their death, you did not give me one reason why you would want people to eat and drink when life leaves your body.

Some people die @ 90 and its still a great loss, so I can't phantom why partying is the best way to acknowledge the fact that they die old.

Its all crappy really.

(1) (Reply)

Men Or Women / Introvert Or Extrovert?! Hop In And I'll Show You!! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.