Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon (1102 Views)

Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola / Jonathan Didn’t Endorse Sheriff- Aide / Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by HungerBAD: 3:30am On Jul 30, 2015
Despite acting as his political backbone most of the times, Akwa Ibom people have dropped a damning verdict that former president, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan never liked them.

The verdict came from the former national publicity secretary of the then ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and 3rd Republic parliamentarian, Senator Anietie Okon, while speaking exclusively with Daily Sun in Uyo.

Ironically, it was Senator Okon who moved a motion in 2010 in Akwa Ibom State Governor’s Lodge, during Jonathan’s visit urging him to contest the 2011 presidency, which he later won with the state contributing about one million votes to his electoral kitty.

Jonathan as president, paid no less than six visits to Akwa Ibom either to lay foundation of some projects or to inaugurate them or to attend any of the numerous programmes organised by PDP but hosted and probably funded by the state. These do not include his two campaign rally trips in 2011 and 2015.

But reacting to the claim by the presidency that President Muhammadu Buhari would only probe officers who served in Jonathan’s administration as against the general expectation that the probe would be comprehensive to affect any regime in which corruption was assumed to have prevailed, Sen. Okon said Akwa Ibom people would never be bothered about what happens to Jonathan as the then president never liked the people of the state.

Okon also said it would be utopian to believe that Buhari would spend his time to probe all administrations that existed before him, arguing that by such thinking, Nigerian may as well want the president to probe down to 1984 when he first ruled as a military head of state.

“If he says he is going to face Jonathan, let him do that. I don’t like pursuing trivial things that do not bring any benefit to my people. If he wants to investigate Jonathan and he has reasons to, there are things from Jonathan that will have links with other people, so I don’t bother about it. It is no issue.

“He is succeeding Jonathan and he feels there is much to clear and that things were not done properly, please let him go ahead and do the investigation. We didn’t elect him to come and do only probe. Don’t forget that in 1984 he was the head of state and today he is the president. How many regimes have passed after that? The immediate cause of our problem is what we see and what we know.

“And I’m not going to give any credit to Jonathan other than what he deserves. First of all, what did he do to Akwa Ibom? But we have kept quiet; let others be talking asking him to go back to the days of Adam because we don’t want to cash our cheques yet. We have a lot of things that we want to get for the people of this state for now.

“We elected Jonathan; we pushed his campaign; we stabilized him. As you speak with me; you are from this state what can you say Jonathan did for us. When our last governor was about to leave office, he came to the inescapable conclusion that Jonathan must have hated our people.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/bombshell-jonathan-didnt-love-aibom-people-senator-okon/

1 Like

Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by adeememman(m): 3:30am On Jul 30, 2015
ok
Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by christinie(f): 3:38am On Jul 30, 2015
Lies from the pit of hell. Political jobbers stylishly switching camps to benefit their pot bellies. GEJ is a good man with a good soul and I don't think he deserves this. Let all politicians behave themselves. You should invest your money wisely so you don't talk from the two sides of your mouth in the quest of looking for political favours.

1 Like

Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by orobs93(m): 3:50am On Jul 30, 2015
Papi
Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by HungerBAD: 3:52am On Jul 30, 2015
christinie:
Lies from the pit of hell. Political jobbers stylishly switching camps to benefit their pot bellies. GEJ is a good man with a good soul and I don't think he deserves this. Let all politicians behave themselves. You should invest your money wisely so you don't talk from the two sides of your mouth in the quest of looking for political favours.

What was that Justin Timberlake song again? Okay, i remember now. "CRY ME A RIVER"

10 Likes

Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by Omenkata: 4:09am On Jul 30, 2015
HungerBAD:

What was that Justin Timberlake song again? Okay, i remember now. "CRY ME A RIVER"

hunger is really very very bad that's why you ventured in Gbawe's crew of pay per post on 5k per month since arm robbery is not paying again
well 5k will save you from hunger if managed well because hunger is really BAD.

Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai

1 Like

Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by saintneo(m): 4:33am On Jul 30, 2015
abeg make we hear word!

BTW, have a look at Nigeria glo Premier League Fixtures and the
Star Match of the Week.
Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by ritababe(f): 4:38am On Jul 30, 2015
adonbilifdat
Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by oluwafemi113(m): 4:40am On Jul 30, 2015
There eyes just they clear now
Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by jomoh: 5:30am On Jul 30, 2015
Na now you know. It has teh

Sai Baba

1 Like

Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by tpiander: 5:33am On Jul 30, 2015
Hm, this is strong o.
Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by seunmsg(m): 5:34am On Jul 30, 2015
People are now gradually coming back to their senses. Apart from political cronies from the south south region that benefited from the GEJ government, ordinary people from the region just like ordinary people from other regions of the country benefited nothing from the GEJ government.

The south south only supported him based on emotions and sentiments. Now that he is gone, they are logically assessing his government and are realising the guy never meant well for anybody. GEJ is just a corrupt and incompetent person who should never have been allowed anywhere near a position of such magnitude as the president.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by isbish(m): 6:37am On Jul 30, 2015
Ee don tey wey Nyash dey for back. People believe what they love to hear. As he has stated the truth, many would say he is spewing rubbish. Well, I don't know how true is that though but perhaps he may be right. If Akpabio thinks Jona must have hated them then something is definitely not it.

I don't wanna believe Gej is a bad man but I do know that along the line, his goodness was Compromised by some bad advisers, which he bought easily too. Anyway! My love is for PMB sha.

2 Likes

Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by chronique(m): 6:37am On Jul 30, 2015
Smh. Politicians are actually some of the most disgusting set of humans on the surface of the earth.
Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by abagoro(m): 6:46am On Jul 30, 2015
christinie:

Think twice sister. If Jonathan encouraged the Ibaka seaport or focused on linking Calabar to the rest of the country, Akwa-Ibom and even Tinapa would have been more meaningful today

1 Like

Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by babyfaceafrica: 6:46am On Jul 30, 2015
Is he just knowing?...sentimental people!!

1 Like

Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by juman(m): 6:55am On Jul 30, 2015
Funny. grin

Agree that the man fuc.k up generally. But as a leader love or like is less important.

Any leader do not need to love or like a state or some people before do the right thing for them.

Every leader need to better people's lifes and in that respect the leader is building his own legacy.
Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by Opinedecandid(m): 7:10am On Jul 30, 2015
Truth is, as stated up there by one person, Jonathan is a good man, he has a good heart.

BUT

President Jonathan was selfless and detribalised.

He wasn't like some people.

Senator Anietie Okon is absolutely right on this very point.
Maybe he should not have said 'love'.
Maybe something like Jonathan 'didn't do much for Akwa Ibom as compared to what he did for many States in the North' would have been more appropriate, because this was the case.

Ask Jonathan anytime anyday, he will admit that he didn't do much for Akwa Ibom, Cross River and some other SS and SE States ad compared to his strides in many other states in the country.

This is the bitter truth, and we know it.
But we still love him for being selfless, statesmanly and gentlemanly , peace-loving, golden-hearted, generous, more nigerian and less tribal.
Re: Bombshell: Jonathan Didn’t Love A’ibom People –senator Okon by christinie(f): 8:02am On Jul 30, 2015
abagoro:

Think twice sister. If Jonathan encouraged the Ibaka seaport or focused on linking Calabar to the rest of the country, Akwa-Ibom and even Tinapa would have been more meaningful today
ok

(1) (Reply)

Prostitution Is Not A Crime, It Is A Fundamental Right – Amnesty International / Buharis Halts Senate Power Probe / Anambra, New Investor Plan $150m automobile Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.