Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? (14605 Views)

Is Nose Piercing Permitted In Corporate Nigeria? / Corporate Nigeria Vs Corporate America: Share your experiences please / Who Is Your Role Model? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by candylips(m): 4:24pm On May 24, 2010
^^ be serious
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Skidoc(m): 4:32pm On May 24, 2010
Your arrows are pointing to the ceiling and not my post. tongue
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 24, 2010
Skidoc:

Your arrows are pointing to the ceiling and not my post. tongue
grin
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by agitator: 5:03pm On May 24, 2010
magana:

E. A. Adeboye, Bro W.F. Kumuyi cool cool cool

yes real Corporate Nigeria
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Ranoscky(m): 5:11pm On May 24, 2010
my role model is Ranoscky. smiley

He's a cool and hardworkin guy. cool

He has contributed to so many threads on this 4rum and intend to contribute more. wink

is that not worth being someone's role model? undecided
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by rewardobi(m): 5:20pm On May 24, 2010
Mr Seun Osewa, mine.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by akigbemaru: 5:31pm On May 24, 2010
Two birds don't bear "Asha," I may give it to Ahlaji Dangote.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by osifred(m): 5:48pm On May 24, 2010
please poster by corporate role model u mean,
cos am seeing names dat i think (imao) are nt in d corporate world
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Sonofpeace(m): 5:54pm On May 24, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Corporate Nigeria?
Thank you MISTER for rectifying me. Well I'll go with: Prof. Bath Nnaji, Pascal Dozie, Tony elumelu, Mr Innoent Chukwuma, Mike Adenuga and Chief Cletus Ibeto.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by olaolabiy: 12:38am On May 25, 2010
2 years ago, all these people commenting would say pat utomi. not anymore. you guys still don't understand naija. no rich man in naija without govt backers. surrogates all--dem be.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Ranoscky(m): 7:37am On May 25, 2010
@Ola Olabiy

Thank u for ur comment. help me dell tell them o.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by muchacho: 10:52am On May 25, 2010
Fola Adeola and Raji Fashola
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Flakky26(f): 1:27pm On May 25, 2010
FOR FEMALE - PROF DORA AKUNYULI AND PST (MRS) NIKE ADEYEMI (DAY STAR CHRISTIAN CENTER).

FOR MALE - PST SAM ADEYEMI (DAY STAR CHRISTIAN CENTER) AND MR FELA DUROTOYE
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by agitator: 4:54pm On May 25, 2010
Flakky26:

FOR FEMALE - PROF DORA AKUNYULI AND PST (MRS) NIKE ADEYEMI (DAY STAR CHRISTIAN CENTER).

FOR MALE - PST SAM ADEYEMI (DAY STAR CHRISTIAN CENTER) AND MR FELA DUROTOYE

and some peeps will come here and argue that church is not good business
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by otukpo(f): 4:54pm On May 25, 2010
still thinking about it
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by namski(m): 8:36pm On May 26, 2010
It can only be Fola Adeola and Jim Ovia.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Allwell(m): 12:20pm On May 27, 2010
Used to be Dangote but that was before the AP saga. Also Soludo before politics.
Sorry i don't have any Nigeriam business role model.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Aproko(f): 9:59am On May 28, 2010
Yemi Adeola - my learned friend and GMD of Sterling Bank. i'm reminded that you can go only as far as you want to.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by sgiant: 3:10am On May 29, 2010
It must be Mike Adenuga and Sanusi Lamido.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by DisGuy: 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2010
Bump!
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2010
See how many people redefined 'corporate' on this thread.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Odunnu: 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2010
Hop you know i'm not ignoring you
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by jaybee3(m): 5:20pm On Dec 14, 2010
Wale Tinubu
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2010
namski:

It can only be Fola Adeola and Jim Ovia.

Not forgetting Tony Elumelu.
He studied exclusively in Nigeria, and worked all his life in Nigeria, and he's probably one of the most successful bankers in Nigeria's history, maybe even the most successful. At least one of the top three, others being Fola Adeola and Jim Ovia.
Both Fola and Tony studied exclusively in Nigeria, while Jim got his degrees in the States.

Fact is that none of these three have been identified as proxying for any of our billionaire militricians. At least not an outright proxy like our man Mike Adenuga.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 15, 2010
AJK, I agree with what wrote up there about  JO, TE and FA,, but I will not agree Mike is a outright proxy.
I agree IBB has interest in his Business but we must not forget that before the man knew IBB during the oil bloc largesse of early 90's, he was already a successful businessman. And he was in his 30's then. The fact is if you're rich to a certain extent, you ignore presidential cooperation to your peril - that is political economy, anyway.

On Tony, I think the guy deserves great respect. He became CEO of a fast-growing bank, STB, in his early 30's. This is a great record if we recall that he is not the child of any Subomi Balogun or Mike Adenuga or Yinka Folawiyo. He rose to CEOship(founded the bank, actually) purely on his own.

Same for FA when he co-founded GTB in 1990 in his thirties too.

These guys are no doubt corporate gurus that never rode on the crest of any family to achieve what tehy achieved. This is not to entirely say those that had silver-spoon background but made it are less genius(Wale Tinubu and co). It takes more than lineage to succeed in Business. You can ask Abiola's children.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by DisGuy: 12:48am On Dec 16, 2010
Jarus:

AJK, I agree with what wrote up there about  JO, TE and FA,, but I will not agree Mike is a outright proxy.
I agree IBB has interest in his Business but we must not forget that before the man knew IBB during the oil bloc largesse of early 90's, he was already a successful businessman. And he was in his 30's then. The fact is if you're rich to a certain extent, you ignore presidential cooperation to your peril - that is political economy, anyway.

On Tony, I think the guy deserves great respect. He became CEO of a fast-growing bank, STB, in his early 30's. This is a great record if we recall that he is not the child of any Subomi Balogun or Mike Adenuga or Yinka Folawiyo. He rose to CEOship(founded the bank, actually) purely on his own.

Same for FA when he co-founded GTB in 1990 in his thirties too.

These guys are no doubt corporate gurus that never rode on the crest of any family to achieve what tehy achieved. This is not to entirely say those that had silver-spoon background but made it are less genius(Wale Tinubu and co). It takes more than lineage to succeed in Business. You can ask Abiola's children.

Doing what?
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by evademz(m): 3:30am On Dec 17, 2010
I give it to PROF PAT UTOMI.
The Lagos Business School MAN
The Avenues To Wealth (A2W) Chairman. A2W, the best money-making opportunity for Nigerian Youths
It is mind-blowing. If you donot know jack about this,visit the link below

If you are in support say "AYES" n if you are against say "NES"

Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by DisGuy: 11:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
2012 bumper to bumper

Mr Ajanlekoko, waxing about abroad and Nigerian degrees from wayyy back!! lol
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 12:28am On Sep 12, 2012
Dis Guy: 2012 bumper to bumper

Mr Ajanlekoko, waxing about abroad and Nigerian degrees from wayyy back!! lol

I don turn to your role model?
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by DisGuy: 12:32am On Sep 12, 2012
AjanleKoko:

I don turn to your role model?

Sinceeee

We in the career section remain loyal sir!!
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 1:14am On Sep 12, 2012
Dis Guy:

Sinceeee

We in the career section remain loyal sir!!

undecided embarassed
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by obowunmi(m): 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
Does Jesus count? He's a carpenter and strategist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NBA Rejects Agreement To Let UK Lawyers Practise In Nigeria / Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? / 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.