Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper (55502 Views)

Man Seen In Bank With Two Trousers To Withdraw Money (Photo) / How To Buy Airtime Directly From Your Bank Without Internet Or Using The Atm / How Many Will Be Able To Withdraw Money If Atms Did This (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by lalasticlala(m): 10:25am On Jul 30, 2015
Someone shared this story on Twitter. Please read and learn from it.

For all those who readily help others to their own detriment, kindly follow my suceeding tweets.

My Sister just greeted me with a very sad news of how a young corp member got into trouble while trying to help

The newly posted corp member had gone to an Access bank ATM to withdraw N3000 from his
account

Shortly after he returned to the office, he received a call from Diamond Bank requesting his presence @ the bank

Moments later to te utter amazement of everyone, dude returned in fetters accompanied by policemen & Bank staff

. A heavy allegation of theft was slammed on him. He was being accused of stealing a huge toyota car and other things

Bank Staff came with a video evidence of the corp member withdrawing at the ATM with a card from the stolen car.

Dude was crying profusely & tried in futility to exonerate himself by giving a detailed explanation of what had happened

He went to a nearby Access bank to make withdrawal when a fellow approached him feigning ignorance on the workings of the ATM

He agreed to help & collected the ATM card. The fellow frantically opened a diary frm which he read out different pin numbers

According to the corps member, he withdrew over a 100k jst as the guy urged him to be fast

Unknown to him as he would later find out, the fellow and his gang had stolen a car frm which he got the ATM card

The woman who was on her to block the ATM got a debit alert and hastened up to the bank -Access bank.

Access bank then connected Diamond bank, his personal Bank and he was called

Pleas for absolution from office staff and concerned people fell on deaf ears as the woman in question kept spitting threats.

Currently the corp member has been whisked away by police operatives and is currently at their mercy.

I call on the @NYSC to wade into this matter and ensure that an innocent man is not made to suffer.

Stop helping strangers with their witdrawals at the ATM!!

As shared By: https://mobile.twitter.com/EngineChux/status/626490859710603265

15 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 30, 2015
are u serious?

but this goes against everything Jesus taught us na...

so i shouldn't help again?

So I'm FTC....so i get the right to request anything from the good people of nairaland kwo?
i request 666likes..and 33shares..

83 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Abduletudaye(m): 10:27am On Jul 30, 2015
This is serious.....maybe he was the only one at the ATM then....i hope he is saved..i dont like it when corp members suffer sad

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 30, 2015
lol...am i really here? lala is that you?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Milliprime: 10:27am On Jul 30, 2015
Not advised from inception.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by ladyF(f): 10:28am On Jul 30, 2015
Wow

Them no go find [size=20pt]LadyF grin grin [/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by doublewisdom: 10:28am On Jul 30, 2015
Really? Henceforth, I will limit my ‘ATM help’ to beautiful babes.

23 Likes

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by delishpot: 10:29am On Jul 30, 2015
Na wa o. So the mumu bank no get surveilance camera around the bank but dem get for ATM?
Didnt that sane camera catch the face if the thief that was calling the pins
Poor dude has learnt not to help anyone in his life again.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2015
shocked shocked
When na my money no commot for machine, they said their ATM camera has spoilt and so they can't verify if it's true or not. So that camera de work? angry angry

20 Likes

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by vizkiz: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2015
if you wanna be a good samarithan, at least use your brain. undecided

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by lalasticlala(m): 10:32am On Jul 30, 2015
DDeliverer:
are u serious?

but this goes against everything Jesus taught us na...

so i shouldn't help again?

It's better you refer them to the security

2 Likes

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 30, 2015
Helping people out on the ATM is such a bad idea. cry

2 Likes

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Liamm(m): 10:34am On Jul 30, 2015
Lalasticlalar posted that someone tweeted that his sister witnessed..... And so on.

Who do I believe? undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by White007(m): 10:35am On Jul 30, 2015
undecided
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by naijainfogalery: 10:36am On Jul 30, 2015
Well from what i have learnt, there is a difference between being nice and being stupid, if i meet you at the ATM and u ask for my help, i will tell the person to stay at the machine while i from the back tell him/her what to press making sure that the ATM camera doesnt capture me, if the person insist i come and do it then i politely say i cant.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by kennyman2000(m): 10:39am On Jul 30, 2015
Hmmmm...
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 30, 2015
en

okokobioko

1 Like

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by omisakint: 10:40am On Jul 30, 2015
Lesson learnt
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by dmjinc(m): 10:40am On Jul 30, 2015
Really shocked
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by pillarmaria(m): 10:41am On Jul 30, 2015
Even doing good is now a problem in Nigeria
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Aitee1: 10:44am On Jul 30, 2015
I don't and can't, if you're aged come with your relatives case closed! sad

When I'm at an ATM post if you like spend an hour there I won't assist, life is too complicated already for you to add your own on top mine, some Nigerians are just too gullible and daft angry

10 Likes

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 30, 2015
OMG! Why are people heartless.
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 30, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Well from what i have learnt, there is a difference between being nice and being stupid, if i meet you at the ATM and u ask for my help, i will tell the person to stay at the machine while i from the back tell him/her what to press making sure that the ATM camera doesnt capture me, if the person insist i come and do it then i politely say i cant.

Exactly, this is how it's supposed to be.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Mnewton(m): 10:51am On Jul 30, 2015
One has to be very careful....
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by kennyslim1(m): 11:00am On Jul 30, 2015
sad news...just be careful of who you help...as a sharp boy wey sabi say cam dey most ATM, i'll ask you to come and press it yourself while i give instructions to you.
Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by naijainfogalery: 11:03am On Jul 30, 2015
i have heard stories even the old wonen are now used for that kind of operation
softysparky:

1 Like

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by ritababe(f): 11:04am On Jul 30, 2015
reading...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 30, 2015
Why should I?
What if the person is a thief, kidnapper... ritualist, that stole the card of his/her victim.

I would carry my beautiful face and chook inside CCTV ba?
When investigation starts and CCTV footage is released to NPF, I would start speaking grammar?

NPF that likes open and shut cases. My case is OYO

softysparky:

Even the security officials no dey gree help again. They have had their own fair share of ATM related issues. Lols

6 Likes

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by JAZES(m): 11:17am On Jul 30, 2015
I always stay back and tell d person what to do, i personally think its not wise
for to collect someone's card and also be the person to help type their pin at the same time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper by WIZGUY69(m): 11:19am On Jul 30, 2015
eyah. sorry, God will release you from prison.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Start Profitable Okrika Business In Nigeria: All You Need To Know. / Chinese 'Sharprite' Store Opens Right Opposite 'Shoprite' In SA (PICS) / Folorunso Alakija As A 7-Year-Old In 1951 With Her Sister (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.