Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Ambode Welcomes Walmart, Seeks Firm’s Support On Job Creation - Punch - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Welcomes Walmart, Seeks Firm’s Support On Job Creation - Punch (23100 Views)

Ambode Welcomes Admission Of Lagos Into Odua Group / Walmart Seeks U.S. Permission To Test Drones??? / PHOTO: Ambode Welcomes Comedian Performing At Basketmouth's Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Welcomes Walmart, Seeks Firm’s Support On Job Creation - Punch by kingdenny(m): 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
Qualer:

Wrong! Go and ask the same Walmart if they were allowed in South Africa a couple of years ago (2012). The SA government didn't want them because they were going to be competition for there local brands (Shoprite, Game, Clicks etc.). These are the same brands that the SA chamber of commerce is using to make in-roads throughout west and central africa as export channels for their locally manufactured products. The summary is that Walmart was finally bullied into investing in a local SA brand chain.

Now look at the dumb Nigerian government, the same shoprite came and is infiltrating every nook and cranny with their imports and nobody in government is any wiser. If they want walmart in the country, they should make them invest/partner in/with a local brand instead.

Wise administrations do NOT allow big brands to come into their countries and take away their revenue. Walmart is operating in the UK but as ASDA - a localised brand. Which means all the revenue stays in the UK. That is wisdom, not exhibiting lower class ignorance while thinking - we are bringing foreign investment - that's nonsense at best.

The Nigerian government should wake up and stop this inferiority complex and playing into the hand of big business indirect neo-colonisation!!!!! My two kobo!!

my bro , you make too much sense , wherever u dey take one orijin for my head
Re: Ambode Welcomes Walmart, Seeks Firm’s Support On Job Creation - Punch by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:05am On Aug 01, 2015
wiseoneking:
Walmart in Nigeria, thats interesting. Shoprite will remain popular for its lower prices. Walmart is fairly expensive and more of middle class thing. Grand ones in LA/NY. Did i hear Ambode say 4 million middle class in lagos. Thats makes lagos18% middle class, 2% upper class and a huge 80% lower class. Poverty in lagos should actually be the highest in Nigeria although with half of Nigeria richest people living there.

What on earth are you babbling about?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Welcomes Walmart, Seeks Firm’s Support On Job Creation - Punch by wiseoneking: 1:58pm On Aug 01, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

What on earth are you babbling about?
The writ is not for low IQ. Dont just look at what i wrote, to see. Not all animals with brain can think. Reason better the next time you read it again.
Re: Ambode Welcomes Walmart, Seeks Firm’s Support On Job Creation - Punch by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 05, 2015
This is a bad move on Ambode's part. I currently live in the states and I can tell you that Walmart is know for predatory practices. Having this disgusting entity called Walmart in Nigeria will potentially wipe out all the small businesses in Lagos, leaving small business owners to scramble..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2017 Ovation Carol: Dangote, Otedola, Ekweremadu, Ooni Of Ife Attend / Governor Ihedioha Issues Deadline To Okorocha’s Secretary, HOS On Imo Properties / #PDPHouseOfHunger Trends On Twitter (See Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.