Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,373 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? (8071 Views)

How Can I Inform My Wife That I Need Another Wife / Is It Right For A Girl To Be Rude To Every Guy That Ask Her Out(Photo)? / I Am Getting Married In A Month's Time, Should I Inform My Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Jorussia(m): 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
BlackGirlLost:
His sister just found out by "accident" from my bf's cousin, that I live with him (which I do not) and that the good Christian boy he is, has been engaging in A LOT of premarital sex.

He was mad at his cousin for telling the sisters about us, because he felt it was his responsibility to talk with his family.

My question is should I contact them or wait for him to do it? It's been four days and he's not made a move yet.
Your BF won't be happy,if you go and contact his family without his consent. Since he is supposedly a good Christian boy and yet he is engaging in premarital sex already, i doubt if his family will welcome you with open arms.Which Nigerian state is he from?

1 Like

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by BlackGirlLost(f): 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
Jorussia:
Your BF won't be happy,if you go and contact his family without his consent. Since he is supposedly a good Christian boy and yet he is engaging in premarital sex already, i doubt if his family will welcome you with open arms.Which Nigerian state is he from?

He is from Edo state
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Jorussia(m): 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
BlackGirlLost:

He is from Edo state
Edo is my state. I want to follow you now, follow me back,so that i can send you a PM.

1 Like

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 10:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
BlackGirlLost:

I don't understand the question? I feel like someone needs to make an introduction otherwise I'm just some girl who he's dating

You are just a girl he is dating. You are not his wife nor fiance. You are just a sex mate until he is tired of being a playboy.

Why would a man marry you if he can get it free?
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 10:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
BlackGirlLost:

Giiiirrrrllllll now you understand why I said this is drama and i wanted to be the one to take care of it?

He said his mother and his father and his brothers will love me, it's the sisters I gotta worry about. He says they don't even argue amongst themselves because they argue with everyone else

embarassed

If you believe that he is not telling his family about you because of the sisters? That's some bullsh1t. The fact that he was upset that the cousin know of you is a BIG RED FLAG!!!

who's the hell gets mad cos a relative know that they are dating someone

You continue on being his plaything boo. Have fun while it last. wink
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
BlackGirlLost:

No babe, I don't know his sisters, I just know his cousins and their girlfriends.

Apparently, I was mentioned at a family barbecue as "O's girlfriend is so funny. " by the cousin and then O's sister was like "Wait, what? "

And everyone tried to act like they didn't say anything but it was too late

Are you in Nigeria?
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by fromnigeria(m): 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2015
BlackGirlLost:

He knows, we were both given the news while we were together
then wait on him...

1 Like

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by BlackGirlLost(f): 5:27am On Jul 31, 2015
MrsChima:

If you believe that he is not telling his family about you because of the sisters? That's some bullsh1t. The fact that he was upset that the cousin know of you is a BIG RED FLAG!!!

who's the hell gets mad cos a relative know that they are dating someone

You continue on being his plaything boo. Have fun while it last. wink

He was not upset that his cousin knows about me... boo.

He was upset that he asked his cousin not to tell his family, and the cousin did it anyway.

To me that's like, telling your cousin you and your man are pregnant but you want to wait until some special event or at least until 3 months to tell your parents and everyone else... but then your cousin told your parents before you had the chance.

That's why he was mad.
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by BlackGirlLost(f): 5:28am On Jul 31, 2015
fromnigeria:

then wait on him...

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by BlackGirlLost(f): 5:28am On Jul 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Are you in Nigeria?

No, we both live in the US
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by BlackGirlLost(f): 5:34am On Jul 31, 2015
My face when people call me anything but my name

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Jorussia(m): 6:03am On Jul 31, 2015
BlackGirlLost:
My face when people call me anything but my name
Babe you are tempting us(NL guys) with your sexy looks. We(NL guys)might not be able to give you unbiased and sincere advice again,because you look like a goddess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Adaeze003(f): 6:31am On Jul 31, 2015
BlackGirlLost:

I don't understand the question? I feel like someone needs to make an introduction otherwise I'm just some girl who he's dating

What if you are just some girl he's dating? Just saying...

Let him handle his family, it's really not your place to go around telling his peeps you're his gf.

2 Likes

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by grad2012(f): 8:01am On Jul 31, 2015
BlackGirlLost:

Thank you grad2012 this is difficult
uwc dear just be calmed ok and don't let it bother you.

1 Like

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Gurgle(f): 8:03am On Jul 31, 2015
BlackGirlLost:
His sister just found out by "accident" from my bf's cousin, that I live with him (which I do not) and that the good Christian boy he is, has been engaging in A LOT of premarital sex.

He was mad at his cousin for telling the sisters about us, because he felt it was his responsibility to talk with his family.

My question is should I contact them or wait for him to do it? It's been four days and he's not made a move yet.

No let him do it

But keep reminding him if he seems like hes not going to do it

Not nagging, but reminding him

1 Like

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
BlackGirlLost:

He was not upset that his cousin knows about me... boo.

He was upset that he asked his cousin not to tell his family, and the cousin it anyway.

To me that's like, telling your cousin you and your man are pregnant bit you want to wait until something special event or at least until 3 months to tell your parents... but them your cousin told your parents.

That's why he was mad.

If you want to believe that bullsh1t....sure boo boo! wink

Meanwhile...there are plenty fishes in the sea. wink

1 Like

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:

No let him do it

But keep reminding him if he seems like hes not going to do it

Not nagging, but reminding him

Let me say this as nicely as I can. Why the hell does he needs reminding? He has a memory problem? He is fornication with the girl on the regular and getting free milk as a take home...isn't that reminder ENOUGH to tellhis family that he is dating?

Desperation isn't cute.

1 Like

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
Adaeze003:

What if you are just some girl he's dating? Just saying...

Let him handle his family, it's really not your place to go around telling his peeps you're his gf.

He can also be dating other girls. Usually when a guy is. In an eexclusive relationship and potentially there is marriage brewing...he "introduce/ the girl.

1 Like

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Gurgle(f): 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Let me say this as nicely as I can. Why the hell does he needs reminding? He has a memory problem? He is fornication with the girl on the regular and getting free milk as a take home...isn't that reminder ENOUGH to tellhis family that he is dating?

Desperation isn't cute.

Well

if he doesn't seem like hes doing it after she has appealed to his better nature then she can start being hardened but for me I think its better for her to go softly with him to get what she wants, then after all is secure she can challenge him on his behaviour

I mean I don't know, does OP want to marry him or what

1 Like

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jorussia:
Babe you are tempting us(NL guys) with your sexy looks. We(NL guys)might not be able to give you unbiased and sincere advice again,because you look like a Delilah.

This poster. undecided
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Jorussia(m): 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
MrsChima:

This poster. undecided
Lol,i was just kidding.

1 Like

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:

Well

if he doesn't seem like hes doing it after she has appealed to his better nature then she can start being hardened but for me I think its better for her to go softly with him to get what she wants, then after all is secure she can challenge him on his behaviour

I mean I don't know, does OP want to marry him or what

Don't get me wrong...I understand your point but if the boy has good intentions he would have already told his family that he is dating even if it isn't serious however she would have been a mention. Some guys would say a friend or coworker if they aren't comfortable saying girlfriend but she would be a mention in the conversation at SOME POINT.

She wouldn't have to keep "reminding" him. undecided She obviously think highly of the boy if she wants the family to know her.
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 12:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jorussia:
Lol,i was just kidding.

(Hiding cutlass) Okay.
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Gurgle(f): 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Don't get me wrong...I understand your point but if the boy has good intentions he would have already told his family that he is dating even if it isn't serious however she would have been a mention. Some guys would say a friend or coworker if they aren't comfortable saying girlfriend but she would be a mention in the conversation at SOME POINT.

She wouldn't have to keep "reminding" him. undecided She obviously think highly of the boy if she wants the family to know her.

It depends. not everybody tells their family things like that unless its like marriage things. Don't think I would say anything unless the chap wanted to marry me. wouldn't expect him to say anything either

I am just weary of OP getting screwed over. Guess she should use this as an opportunity to see if he is serious or not

If not then that's another story

2 Likes

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Jorussia(m): 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
MrsChima:

(Hiding cutlass) Okay.
Is there anything wrong in me acknowledging that she is beautiful?

1 Like

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:

It depends. not everybody tells their family things like that unless its like marriage things. Don't think I would say anything unless the chap wanted to marry me. wouldn't expect him to say anything either

I am just weary of OP getting screwed over. Guess she should use this as an opportunity to see if he is serious or not

If not then that's another story

I agree. My husband didn't tell his family about me nor I told my family about him until AFTER he proposed to me and we had an introduction celebration for family and friwnds.

People don't date like our forefathers and dating is about knowing the person and seeing what is compatible to you for serious relationship and allow that relationship and bond to grow before getting serious!

Okay let me sit my "old" ass down. grin
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jorussia:
Is there anything wrong in me acknowledging that she is beautiful?

You were complimenting and insulting. Choose one.
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Gurgle(f): 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
MrsChima:

I agree. My husband didn't tell his family about me nor I told my family about him until AFTER he proposed to me and we had an introduction celebration for family and friwnds.

People don't date like our forefathers and dating is about knowing the person and seeing what is compatible to you for serious relationship and allow that relationship and bond to grow before getting serious!

Okay let me sit my "old" ass down. grin

Yeah exactly. Otherwise how many families will have heard your name as a "casual" mention over dinner? No way undecided

Lol no if you have any more pearls of wisdom, please share
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Jorussia(m): 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
MrsChima:

You were complimenting and insulting. Choose one.
I have modified the post(its now goddess instead of Delilah). I was complimenting her beauty.
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Jorussia(m): 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
BlackGirlLost:

check your mail,i sent you a pm
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:

Yeah exactly. Otherwise how many families will have heard your name as a "casual" mention over dinner? No way undecided

Lol no if you have any more pearls of wisdom, please share

I guess my brother and friend are weird because they mentioned their girlfriends as "cowokers" before we actually met them as fiances.

My ancient pearls are being cleaned as we speak. grin
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jorussia:
I have modified the post(its now goddess instead of Delilah). I was complimenting her beauty.

Okay David. grin tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Women Objectifying Themselves More And More? (Graphic Pics) / How True Is This About Ceddi Plaza Abuja At 1am? / Wow. I Finally Saw A Pretty Girl With The Flattest Yansh and bosom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.