Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa (11056 Views)

Going To Cyprus For BSN Or USA For CNA. / Nigerian Student In UK Drowns In Canada While On School Trip (Photos) / Should I Resign To Study In The US, UK Or Just Stay Back In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 9:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
Pls I need information on this,as I am a barber and a graduate as well,but wants to settle abroad,thank u!
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by souleymon(m): 9:42pm On Jul 30, 2015
jonaifame22:
Pls I need information on this,as I am a barber and a graduate as well,but wants to settle abroad,thank u!
So why did you go to school if you intend being a Nigerian barber abroad

4 Likes

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Moana(f): 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
souleymon:

grin stop being mean, you know the unavailability of jobs is forcing people to do other things just to survive.
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by zeezahbee(f): 11:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
jonaifame22:
yes it is, especially if you also know how to make female hair

1 Like

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 11:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
souleymon:

how useful is what u just typed now,u're suffering seriously,I pray God's intervention for u!

4 Likes

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Lexusgs430: 7:54am On Jul 31, 2015
It is profitable. But the market in the uk is over saturated.
The best way to make a decent living is if, you own your own barbing shop, strategically placed and very good @ the act of carving hair.
Remember to pay your taxes or else HMRC would make your business life miserable .......
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 8:22am On Jul 31, 2015
Lexusgs430:
It is profitable. But the market in the uk is over saturated.
The best way to make a decent living is if, you own your own barbing shop, strategically placed and very good @ the act of carving hair.
Remember to pay your taxes or else HMRC would make your business........
Goodluck
thank u,u've been helpful!
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Lexusgs430: 8:27am On Jul 31, 2015
jonaifame22:
thank u,u've been helpful!

If you are this good or better, the sky is your limit.

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Vicjustice: 8:33am On Jul 31, 2015
jonaifame22:
What is "barbing", i suppose you mean HAIR CUTTING.
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 31, 2015
Vicjustice:

What is "barbing", you suppose you mean HAIR CUTTING.

LMAO, nairaland you guys re so funny.they are the same thing.and there is nothing like "HAIR CUTTING" its hair cut.hair cut is mostly for white folks.

3 Likes

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 31, 2015
souleymon:

SMH you think everyone wants to use their certificate?

1 Like

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by worry357: 9:18am On Jul 31, 2015
crazydove:

SMH you think everyone wants to use their certificate?

You should not insult us with statements like that.
I bet he has spent family money on schools only to get poor grade or a subject that no one wants!
Barbing in market with a degree! grin
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 31, 2015
worry357:

I bet he has spent family money on schools only to get poor grade or a subject that no one wants!

I don't think so.it might be that's what he loves doing.like me I would advice anybody to have a vocational skill.I bet you you can go anywhere and work.
Nowadays degree does not mean anything even in white collar jobs.its your skill and techniques that gets you a job.if you like get the best grade if you don't have a skill sorry.
As for vocational skill.you have a choice to be dependent or work with someone.that's why vocational skill are the best.

1 Like

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 9:41am On Jul 31, 2015
worry357:

I tell u child,as the east is far from the west so are u from wisdom,I pray u catch up with it soon,goodluck!

7 Likes

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2015
Lexusgs430:

If you are this good or better, the sky is your limit.
yep,I might comr off as blowing my own trumpet,if I say I'm better,but let's leave that to the market,when the opportunity comes!
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Vicjustice: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2015
crazydove:

LMAO, nairaland you guys re so funny.they are the same thing.and there is nothing like "HAIR CUTTING" its hair cut.hair cut is mostly for white folks.
"Barbing" exists only in Nigeria, there is no relationship between "barbing" and hair cut: Now, if there is a term like HAIR CUT, then, what is the verb for it?
We are talking about "BARBING" which you presume means the verb of CUTTING hair, therefore, "HAIR CUT" is not the appropriate term.
Look, English was not my subject in higher institution, but the little that i studied while in secondary school is enough to differentiate Barb from Haircut or Barbing and Hair-cutting.
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 31, 2015
Vicjustice:
"Barbing" exists only in Nigeria, there is no relationship between "barbing" and hair cut: Now, if there is a term like HAIR CUT, then, what is the verb for it?
Now, we are talking about BARBING which you presume means the verb of CUTTING hair, therefore, "HAIR CUT" is not the appropriate term.
Look, English was not my subject in higher institution, but the little that i studied while in secondary school is enough to differentiate Barbing and Hair-cutting

Hair cut is hair cut and its not a single word.it is written seperately as hair cut.read your dictionary.you can't say 'm going for hair cutting lols.that's why the americans have barber's shop or barber's salon.
And its not only Nigerians that say barber.in britian or america or any english speaking country call it barbing where you find the african man.
There is nothing like hair cutting.
That's why the white man will say"I need a hair cut",I will like to have new hair cut", "I am going to the hair salon for a hair cut"," I will be giving my client a new hair cutting" and the british or american african will " I going to the barber's shop for a new hair cut",barber is in the dictionary so I wonder how it is qualified as a nigerian word.and the dictionary never stated that barber was derived from Nigeria or africa
Oya make sentences with your hair-cutting

1 Like

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Lexusgs430: 10:58am On Jul 31, 2015
jonaifame22:
yep,I might comr off as blowing my own trumpet,if I say I'm better,but let's leave that to the market,when the opportunity comes!

Goodluck
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Lexusgs430: 11:04am On Jul 31, 2015
Vicjustice:

We are talking about "BARBING" which you presume means the verb of CUTTING hair, therefore, "HAIR CUT" is not the appropriate term.
Look, English was not my subject in higher institution, but the little that i studied while in secondary school is enough to differentiate Barb from Haircut or Barbing and Hair-cutting.

All this analysis for barbing? Barber I want my hair cut, please ensure my barbing no get contour and e smooth wella.
Got a hot date tonight, and I envisage her rubbing my newly barbed head and she would be asking me where I performed this hair cut, so her next date can take a hint!!!!
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Vicjustice: 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
crazydove:

Hair cut is hair cut and its not a single word.it is written seperately as hair cut.read your dictionary.you can't say 'm going for hair cutting lols.that's why the americans have barber's shop or barber's salon.
And its not only Nigerians that say barber.in britian or america or any english speaking country call it barbing where you find the african man.
There is nothing like hair cutting.
That's why the white man will say"I need a hair cut",I will like to have new hair cut", "I am going to the hair salon for a hair cut"," I will be giving my client a new hair cutting" and the british or american african will " I going to the barber's shop for a new hair cut",barber is in the dictionary so I wonder how it is qualified as a nigerian word.and the dictionary never stated that barber was derived from Nigeria or africa
Oya make sentences with your hair-cutting
There is no point for argument if you don't know the difference between BARBER. and BARBING and that these two words are unrelated.
For your information, I'm not in Nigeria.
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
Vicjustice:

There is no point for argument if you don't know the difference between BARBER. and BARBING and that these two words are unrelated.
For your information, I'm not in Nigeria.

Nigerian meltality chai!!!na only you go obodoyibo hehehe learn jor.instead of arguing.they are called hairstylists as well.chai!go and study your english dictionary well jor before you confuse yourself with I am not in Nigeria talk.

1 Like

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by worry357: 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
In the UK a BARBER is someone who cuts men and boys hair.

You would need a qualification (NVQ LEVEL 2 OR 3) to work leagally cutting hair.
Most jobs will be minimum wage.
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by OluwaChinenyenwa: 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
crazydove:

Nigerian meltality chai!!!na only you go obodoyibo hehehe learn jor.instead of arguing.they are called hairstylists as well.chai!go and study your english dictionary well jor before you confuse yourself with I am not in Nigeria talk.

l was actually taking him serious till I saw that I "am not in Nigeria talk"
Like him being out of Naija means he is above learning. .

You can take Adamu out of Village but you can't take village out of Adamu grin

7 Likes

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
worry357:

You would need a qualification (NVQ LEVEL 2 OR 3) to work leagally cutting hair.
so u had something reasonable in ur brain to contribute and u were busy showing urself,abeg how do I go abt gettn nvq2 or 3,how long will it take and also wat is it abt?do I also need it in usa,because na dere my eye they,uk na just option incase of wetin man go do situation!
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Vicjustice: 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
crazydove:

How old are you?
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Vicjustice: 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
worry357:

Well done.
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 3:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
Vicjustice:

Well done.
pls how tru is dis nvq2 $ nvq3 tthing
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Vicjustice: 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
OluwaChinenyenwa:

l was actually taking him serious till I saw that I "am not in Nigeria talk"
Like him being out of Naija means he is above learning. .

You can take Adamu out of Village but you can't take village out of Adamu grin
On the contrary, i stated that i'm not in Nigeria in response to his comment which suggests that my use of words is because i am in Nigeria.
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
Vicjustice:

How old are you?
How old are you?smh,wonder why you are referring to me with a masculine pronoun. undecided just rest okay

2 Likes

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by seangy4konji: 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
they will just come and derail a meaning ful thread with their over sabo talk...

If you cant make a meanin ful contribution must you comment

I deh tire for una ooo they all ways feel like head masters and mistress for here...

God sit down.
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by iblaw: 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2015
jonaifame22:

In March i was in Manchester and most places barb 10 pounds i was luck to find a place to barb 7 pounds. you do the calculation, this is something that cost me N200 here in Lagos.
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 4:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
iblaw:

In March i was in Manchester and most places barb 10 pounds i was luck to find a place to barb 7 pounds. you do the calculation, this is something that cost me N200 here in Lagos.
okay thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada / Comprehensive Map Of Port Harcourt Or Warri? / Pictures Of The Real Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.