Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! - Career (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! (51148 Views)

Create A Pool Of Encouragement, Enthusiasm And Motivation For Yourself / TEAM PROCTOR[INSPIRATION AND Motivation]-unleashing All Hidden Potentials-#hftf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 26, 2015
ogaofficer:
merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance to my boss and bosses of this thread.

Wishing you the same, my brother. 2016 will be an amazing year for those who have planned and prayed in advance. Happy New year in advance.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by ogaofficer(m): 11:08pm On Dec 26, 2015
dearpreye:

Wishing you the same, my brother. 2016 will be an amazing year for those who have planned and prayed in advance. Happy New year in advance.
hmmmn...."for those who have planned and prayed", have a lot of plan but not even a single prayer point in my head to back them up. May God help us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
Thanks to God for coming across this thread. Weldon to everyone here! l hope to make my input here. My new blog here: http://Vesselofinspiration.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by alertbest(m): 2:07am On Jan 01, 2016
dearpreye
ogaofficer
awakon
Mikwus
and all those that had contributed in keeping the fire of this thread burning, i wish you a happy and prosperous year ahead.

We shud all know that whateva we set our mind at,we will surely achieve. Be determined to achieve more in 2016.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by awakon(m): 2:43am On Jan 01, 2016
same to you alertbest
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 01, 2016
alertbest:
dearpreye
ogaofficer
awakon
Mikwus
and all those that had contributed in keeping the fire of this thread burning, i wish you a happy and prosperous year ahead.

We shud all know that whateva we set our mind at,we will surely achieve. Be determined to achieve more in 2016.

I wish you too a happy and prosperous New Year.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments on the thread. Thanks for keeping it real here.

Remember: You're responsible for your success.

Happy New Year.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 02, 2016
A candle losses nothing by lighting up another candle. Good morning and happy new year to everyone here!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by godform: 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
Godformland institute of catering and hotel mangement includes all aspects of catering and hotel management.our theorical subjects includes food and nutrition, kitchen operation theory, food and beverages, human nature, accommodation studies, art of food services and hotel management, including all varieties of Africa and continental dishes practicals and events and cake decoration practical. our services are extended to both home and abroad and urgent employment will be given to an outgoin students with high grades.we train students on 1. event decoration 2. cake decoration 3. african dishes 4.continental dishes 5.event planing 5. pastry and cake making 6. sugar craft making 9. continental and african finger food..
our student after being trained and has passed through all required examination and test is very well qualified to work in all 5 stars hotel and airports. our main aim in Godformland is to give the best we can to train student in all catering services..contact : 07031662736 , 08108609036

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by godform: 9:12pm On Jan 02, 2016
Godformland institute of catering is wishing u all Happy new year
kiss
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by awakon(m): 7:35am On Jan 04, 2016
Now the last year was full of accomplishments and I am sure you are getting set this year to rock.

But do you know that you can be exhausted from the quest to be the best you in 2016?

Do you know that you can feel depressed, overwhelmed, achy, run down, older than your years, SPENT, wrecked and running on empty trying to be the best you this year.

Here are 7 ways to exhaust yourself in 2016 :

1. Being Number One

If being No 1 is all that matters to you, then going down in rank can make you worry and put you under much pressure.

This makes you to compete, outmaneuver, and be one step ahead of your competitors which eventually will wear you out.

2. Being An Island

You have the do it yourself mindset. You don’t need the help of anyone and You love to be the lone wolf.

3. Never Being Grateful

Being the best you means that you push yourself to get more and more. It is all about you and you and you.

Your happiness and Joy is tied to every situation in your life.

4. Living Someone’s life

You walk through the path to a dream that isn’t yours and does not sync with your inner self.

5. You Want To Please Everyone

You allow the expectation of others to rule your life. It is better for everyone to be happy with you than to risk being excluded by the community.

The best of you has been pigeonholed and you believe that other people’s definition of you matter.

6. Striving to be Perfect

Your sense of worthiness is on the line if you are never ( beautiful, smart, thin, talented, admired, intelligent, etc) enough.

So you strive towards making everything perfect, creating all conditions in order for you to be happy.

7. You Are Not Recharging

You don't get enough Rest....

So how do you prevent such in 2016. <a href="http://www.awazieikechi.com/7-exhausting-ways-best/">Read More</a>

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 06, 2016
Good morning everyone!

LET GOD LEAD; YOU FOLLOW

As the year rolls off, I know for sure that you already have plans, goals, and decisions penciled out for the year. They could be in your relationship, finance, family or career . I would also perceive that you are equally passionate to see them come to fruition but one thing that could be a deciding factor in all these is COMMITING THEM TO GOD; you'd need to table it before Him.

It's good you have those dreams but it's never a case of your well-taught out plans for the year but letting

God know about it. Those dreams might not come to reality on the platform of your strength and might alone. It's not entirely by your power neither is it by your strength.

Every next step you need take to realize your goals, needs a touch from God in order to work. When you're sure of His plans about your life, your next step in life becomes secure.

If there are things you're unclear about in life as the new year unfolds, then this is the best time to let God come in; let Him direct your next step.

In every decision of your life this year, never fail to let Him in and and I'm cock-sure of that after 365 days, you'll come back rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

So, what are your plans for the year? Have you tabled them before God?

let-god-lead-you-follow /

Have a nice day!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by ogaofficer(m): 11:31am On Jan 07, 2016
Mr preye pls show up with the remaining habit.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 09, 2016
BRAVE THE ODDS

Many in life have been held down by diverse circumstances of life. To some, it is the fear of the unknown, inadequate finance, while others have theirs as 'poor' family background, to name a few.
You could have been "held down", maybe on diverse occasions, by one of these things.

Maybe you've seen most of your brilliant ideas nosedive into oblivion; ideas that could have propelled you into fulfillment of dreams and make a mark on peoples lives but the odds seem stalked against you so you'd dropped them. Hmmm!!!

This reminds me of the woman with the issue of blood as recorded in Luke 8:43-50. She was, according to the Jewish custom, unclean and at the risk of being stoned to death, if seen in public; as a consequence of her state of health; and even to make it worse, the "press was much.

However, instead of bemoaning her condition, a tight one it was, she took a bold step; ignored the odds in her disfavour and pressed on saying, "if I may touch the helm of His garment, healing would come". And the result as you'd guess was "instanta" healing.

You may be longing for a change; career, academics, marriage and even in finances but often, until you're ready to swim against the tide/wave, the desired changes may never come. Change and growth don't just happen, you make them happen; you scale heights! An aircraft cannot be up there until it defies the laws of gravity!

Until your thirst for growth is backed up with actions, irrespective of the conditions laid bare on the floor against, you are likely to be on same spot. It's not a curse! No, it's the reality.

I'm sure you want everything to "settle" first before you take a step towards turning your dreams to realities.

One thing you mustn't forget: THERE'S NEVER A PERFECT TIME (he who observe the wind will not plant).

The odds will surely be there (the finance might tell you "no"; your friends and family could say it, " this is too big for you to handle" and many others) but take a cue from the woman with the issue of blood: brave the odds; swim against the tide, bearing in mind that anyone who observes the wind, will not sow!!!

What are the odds heaped against your dreams? Are you ready to brave the odds and take those long awaited steps?

From http://Vesselofinspiration.com

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 11, 2016
Today, we would be looking at one of the stories
most of us are familiar with from the scripture. It
is the story of the man called Zachaeus, a
publican who possessed great wealth.

That story, narrated in the 19th chapter of Luke's gospel account, teaches us so many life lessons and that is what we would take a cursory look at.

What can we glean from Luke's narrative of
Zachaeus meeting Jesus? Oya, let's go there:

1. PLAN AHEAD: We were told in the 4th verse
that Zachaeus 'ran before' or ahead of them
(Jesus and the crowd) when he could not seee
Jesus initially due to his little stature. <!--more-->

He exhibited an attitude of world changers. If you
ask many today were they see themselves in some
years to come, you sure would receive the rudest
shock of your life. They don't know. And of course
some are even running but don't know what they
are running for and where they are running to.
They just run because others are running.

2. INFORMATION IS POWER: I believe strongly that
the man Zachaeus would have lost it all on an
opportunity to wine and dine with the Messiah if he did not know that Jesus was to pass through a
certain road (v. 4b).

Little wonder Hosea 4:6 lamented that many are
dying for lack of knowledge (information). I see
information as one of the greatest asset a man
can have. When you are informed, you carry light
which in turn gives you a clear guide or direction
of where to go and what to do.

So, in your career, job or work, do you have the
right information that can make you take the
relevant steps and not grupple in ignorance
(darkness)?

3. POSITION YOURSELF: I can't talk less on this
one. It is something that has changed my
perception about life in its entirety.

I saw in Zachaeus's story, a man who positioned
himself to see Jesus or for Jesus to see him.
Zachaeus climbed a sycamore tree to make
himself seen by Jesus. He did not just run in vain
for he knew that his little stature would have been
a drawback to seeing Christ.

Many people today have positioned themselves
where they are covered. They may be putting all
the best efforts but still no result because they are
in the wrong place, not well positioned.

It is your position in life that determines your
collection. When the rain is falling, people position
their buckets where the rain water from the roof is
dropping off to collect water.

I ask, where are you positioned?
Next time, we would take the concluding part.
Have a nice day, shallom!<!--more-->

WHAT YOU CAN LEARN FROM ZACHAUES ENCOUNTER WITH JESUS – VesselofInspiration - http://vesselofinspiration.com/what-you-can-learn-from-zachaues-encounter-with-jesus/#more-108

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by awakon(m): 6:17am On Jan 12, 2016
Now the holiday season is over and it is back to work. I am sure you are getting set to rock this year with your amazing goals.

So while you are preparing your mind to make a difference, here is an insiparation recipe for you this week.

Now! do you know that everything that happens to you is your best Teacher?

What if you knew that the wisdom to make a difference in your life is within you.You have all the wisdom nuggets in your own life.

The only problem is that you have never been taught by your own life. You have never considered the wisdom of your experience.

So here is what you should to do in 2016, take a sit at the feet of your own life and learn from it. You will find out that it is the best thing that you will have done this year.

[url]awazieikechi.com[/url]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 14, 2016
WHAT YOU CAN LEARN FROM ZACHAEUS (2)

Two days back, we took a look at some lessons from the meeting between Jesus and Zachaeus found in chapter 19 of Luke's narrative in the scripture. I believe you learnt one or two things from the story.

Now, as promised, we would take a ride once more to that account and finish up the lessons from the unfolding meeting between the publican and The Messiah. But before we move on, let's refresh our minds on the messages the event passed on to us:
1. PLAN AHEAD
2. INFORMATION IS POWER
3. POSITION YOURSELF.

Back to today's deal. Let me share with you the rest of the lessons from the great story. Let's go there!

4. ALWAYS SEIZE OPPORTUNITIES: When Jesus finally saw Zachaeus on the tree, He beckoned on him to come down. I understood that Zachaeus did not take his time at all but 'made haste and came down and received Him joyfully'. That talks about seizing opportunity; striking while the iron is hot! Zachaeus couldn't have waited for another time. He couldn't have let the race, all efforts he put in, to see Jesus wasted.

No wonder the children of Issachar who had understanding of the times and seasons, had there brethren at their command (1 Chronicles 12: 32)!

Most people don't know when opportunities pass them by. Jesus could have left the man if he did not make haste to be with Him. We must consciously open our arms to our moment of breakthrough in life.

So many miss their chance of a life time because they are not tuned to knowing when they come. It was just an opportunity that Zachaeus had to meet the Saviour and he seized the moment. That was the moment of his life; he dined and wined with Christ!

Are you seizing opportunities, the moments of your life?

5. WHEN YOU ARE ANNOUNCED, EXPECT PEOPLE TO MURMUM: Yes, never think that once you hit your target, everyone would clap or be happy for you. Zachaues' story shows us that when the multitudes SAW (when Zachaeus was announced to the world) that Christ had gone to be with Zachaeus, they MURMED (jealousy, envy, stife, backbiting , to name a few, were now targeted to him!), that he was a sinner (e no reach, na only am dey here?, your own don too much self, wetin?).

The greatest mistake you can make is that of believing that everyone moving in same direction with you or even close to you, is happy when you surpass them. Joseph's brothers became envious of him when he revealed his dream to them (Genesis 37:5,11)!

So, don't think yours might be different! Even Jesus' people didn't recognize Him, there hearts were laden with bitterness and they quiped: Is He not the carpenter's son?

On a final note, I would that you don't just read the lessons embedded in this awesome narration from Luke's gospel but begin to apply them.

It's been nice sharing these life-lifting lessons from the story. Stay on to this page as more of such promises to come your way on regular interval. Shallom, stay blessed!

http://vesselofinspiration.com/
what-you-can-lea…ter-with-jesus-2

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 14, 2016
WHAT YOU CAN LEARN FROM ZACHAEUS (2)

Two days back, we took a look at some lessons from the meeting between Jesus and Zachaeus found in chapter 19 of Luke's narrative in the scripture. I believe you learnt one or two things from the story.

Now, as promised, we would take a ride once more to that account and finish up the lessons from the unfolding meeting between the publican and The Messiah. But before we move on, let's refresh our minds on the messages the event passed on to us:
1. PLAN AHEAD
2. INFORMATION IS POWER
3. POSITION YOURSELF.

Back to today's deal. Let me share with you the rest of the lessons from the great story. Let's go there!

4. ALWAYS SEIZE OPPORTUNITIES: When Jesus finally saw Zachaeus on the tree, He beckoned on him to come down. I understood that Zachaeus did not take his time at all but 'made haste and came down and received Him joyfully'. That talks about seizing opportunity; striking while the iron is hot! Zachaeus couldn't have waited for another time. He couldn't have let the race, all efforts he put in, to see Jesus wasted.

No wonder the children of Issachar who had understanding of the times and seasons, had there brethren at their command (1 Chronicles 12: 32)!

Most people don't know when opportunities pass them by. Jesus could have left the man if he did not make haste to be with Him. We must consciously open our arms to our moment of breakthrough in life.

So many miss their chance of a life time because they are not tuned to knowing when they come. It was just an opportunity that Zachaeus had to meet the Saviour and he seized the moment. That was the moment of his life; he dined and wined with Christ!

Are you seizing opportunities, the moments of your life?

5. WHEN YOU ARE ANNOUNCED, EXPECT PEOPLE TO MURMUM: Yes, never think that once you hit your target, everyone would clap or be happy for you. Zachaues' story shows us that when the multitudes SAW (when Zachaeus was announced to the world) that Christ had gone to be with Zachaeus, they MURMED (jealousy, envy, stife, backbiting , to name a few, were now targeted to him!), that he was a sinner (e no reach, na only am dey here?, your own don too much self, wetin?).

The greatest mistake you can make is that of believing that everyone moving in same direction with you or even close to you, is happy when you surpass them. Joseph's brothers became envious of him when he revealed his dream to them (Genesis 37:5,11)!

So, don't think yours might be different! Even Jesus' people didn't recognize Him, there hearts were laden with bitterness and they quiped: Is He not the carpenter's son?

On a final note, I would that you don't just read the lessons embedded in this awesome narration from Luke's gospel but begin to apply them.

It's been nice sharing these life-lifting lessons from the story. Stay on to this page as more of such promises to come your way on regular interval. Shallom, stay blessed!

http://vesselofinspiration.com/
what-you-can-lea…ter-with-jesus-2/

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by sijisonconsult: 2:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
We at citrus training center we consider it a major priority to satisfy our clients, we have the best training center which is easily accessible to ikeja , Maryland, oshodi ,Gbagada
Features includes:
• A 10 – 16 state-of-the-art training and event capacity room
• Fully air-conditioned
• Freely touchdown internet access
• Wi-Fi for Instructor and delegate personal with their Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone use throughout the usage of Facility
• 3 sources of standby power supply [PHCN, GEN set and Inverter]
• A Kitchen/Store for Tea and Lunch Break
• Ample parking space that can take up to 30 cars
We open from Monday-Sunday Time: 8:30am-5:00pm
Price: N10000 for weekdays
N12500 for weekends

For further enquiries bookings call Anita on Tel: 09092777877

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Eddyluv28: 10:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
[quote author=kmega post=36442379]Nice idea, Dearpreye. I am hooked to this thread already.
Let me drop my own motivational quote: "Face your Fears"[/quote Really its good to face our fears. Because of fear I was in a particular position for three years until I decided to take a bold step and faced my fears and today am glad I did. Nice One Bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 15, 2016
STEPS TO OVERCOME PROCRASTINATION

One great challenge humans face, is procrastination. It has become a huge mountain for some to scale. Often, you hear people say, "I would do it later", to things they are meant to do now.

DREAM KILLED, IMPACT LOST

Procrastination has killed dreams in its millions. It has rendered many impact-making ideas lifeless. You now have a trend of people talking and planning but finding it difficult to put to put on the run, the results of their talks. Procrastination is like the biblical man who is having "a little sleep, a little slumber". You would always say there is time. You think you can still do it later.

You want to do things when all is well or rosy. When everything is there for you. When the year began, you made many resolutions but taking a look at them now, you have not even completed one. Or perhaps, you're waiting for everything to fall in line, to be at your beck and call.

HIGHER THAN KILIMANJARO

Now, those dreams seem mountainous, too high to climb. The year is running faster than Usain Bolt. Hmmm, you cast your mind back, you see that you would have achieved a lot if you had started out that dream.

You see how far others may have gone and tell yourself that you could have done better only if you started or if the right conditions were there.

A SPILLED MILK

There's no need to cry over spilled milk but to see what can be salvaged. The year has not ended yet, you can still wake up from your sleep by taking the following to heart:

1. STARTING IS NEVER EASY: You've got your dreams and should never think it would be realized on a platter of gold. No. One of the hardest things to do is starting something for the first time.

You would be scared, and wonder if your dream is worth pursuing. Maybe you are afraid. Afraid that when you launch out your net you wouldn't have a catch. Afraid that you might fail, fall and falter!

I want to let you know that no one has ever succeeded without trying. None has passed an exam without sitting for it. Even Newton's law of physics agrees that nothing happens until something happens. An object (your dreams, goals etc), remains at rest unless acted upon by a force (getting started).

Don't be scared, cast your net into the water!

2. BREAK YOUR DREAM(S) INTO BITS: While you are still sleeping with your goals is that you see them as too big. You look at the picture of a global future in you, yet you are still in a corner in your street.

Never let the magnitude of your dream or vision in life weigh you down. Break it into achievable bits and remember that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.

3. SET PRIORITY: Many things can jostle for your attention but to really make a go you need to identity these things and rank them.

You will certainly be caught up in the web of unfilled dreams when you want to do everything and be everywhere at the same time.

Some things are so important and urgent, others urgent but maybe not important while there might be those that are important but not urgent.

Identify these things and give them their place as you pursue your goals.

4. HAVE THE END/RESULTS IN VIEW: When you have a dream and still sleeping, then just look at what the end would look like. Keep walking and working at your vision so you envision the impact you would have made.

Let the "what ifs" be on the positive side. "What if someone would have received hope if I'd started?", should be your " what ifs".

You have slept enough, it's time to wake up. Stop the talk and walk the talk. Enough of waiting for the perfect time.

You might never get one! Stop observing the wind, else you'll not sow! Get up and get going, the world awaits you!

http://vesselofinspiration.com/steps-to-overcoming-procrastination/#more-135

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by JustKeen(m): 7:28am On Jan 15, 2016
Wow.

Nice thread. Definitely pitching my tent here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 15, 2016
STEPS TO OVERCOME PROCRASTINATION One great challenge humans face, is procrastination. It has become a huge mountain for some to scale. Often, you hear people say, "I would do it later", to things they are meant to do now. DREAM KILLED, IMPACT LOST Procrastination has killed dreams in its millions. It has rendered many impact-making ideas lifeless. You now have a trend of people talking and planning but finding it difficult to put to put on the run, the results of their talks. Procrastination is like the biblical man who is having "a little sleep, a little slumber". You would always say there is time. You think you can still do it later. You want to do things when all is well or rosy. When everything is there for you. When the year began, you made many resolutions but taking a look at them now, you have not even completed one. Or perhaps, you're waiting for everything to fall in line, to be at your beck and call. HIGHER THAN KILIMANJARO Now, those dreams seem mountainous, too high to climb. The year is running faster than Usain Bolt. Hmmm, you cast your mind back, you see that you would have achieved a lot if you had started out that dream. You see how far others may have gone and tell yourself that you could have done better only if you started or if the right conditions were there. A SPILLED MILK There's no need to cry over spilled milk but to see what can be salvaged. The year has not ended yet, you can still wake up from your sleep by taking the following to heart: 1. STARTING IS NEVER EASY: You've got your dreams and should never think it would be realized on a platter of gold. No. One of the hardest things to do is starting something for the first time. You would be scared, and wonder if your dream is worth pursuing. Maybe you are afraid. Afraid that when you launch out your net you wouldn't have a catch. Afraid that you might fail, fall and falter! I want to let you know that no one has ever succeeded without trying. None has passed an exam without sitting for it. Even Newton's law of physics agrees that nothing happens until something happens. An object (your dreams, goals etc), remains at rest unless acted upon by a force (getting started). Don't be scared, cast your net into the water! 2. BREAK YOUR DREAM(S) INTO BITS: While you are still sleeping with your goals is that you see them as too big. You look at the picture of a global future in you, yet you are still in a corner in your street. Never let the magnitude of your dream or vision in life weigh you down. Break it into achievable bits and remember that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. 3. SET PRIORITY: Many things can jostle for your attention but to really make a go you need to identity these things and rank them. You will certainly be caught up in the web of unfilled dreams when you want to do everything and be everywhere at the same time. Some things are so important and urgent, others urgent but maybe not important while there might be those that are important but not urgent. Identify these things and give them their place as you pursue your goals. 4. HAVE THE END/RESULTS IN VIEW: When you have a dream and still sleeping, then just look at what the end would look like. Keep walking and working at your vision so you envision the impact you would have made. Let the "what ifs" be on the positive side. "What if someone would have received hope if I'd started?", should be your " what ifs". You have slept enough, it's time to wake up. Stop the talk and walk the talk. Enough of waiting for the perfect time. You might never get one! Stop observing the wind, else you'll not sow! Get up and get going, the world awaits you! http://vesselofinspiration.com/steps-to-overcoming- procrastination/#more-135
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 15, 2016
STEPS TO OVERCOME PROCRASTINATION

One great challenge humans face, is procrastination. It has become a huge mountain for some to scale. Often, you hear people say, "I would do it later", to things they are meant to do now.

DREAM KILLED, IMPACT LOST

Procrastination has killed dreams in its millions. It
has rendered many impact-making ideas lifeless.
You now have a trend of people talking and
planning but finding it difficult to put to put on the
run, the results of their talks.

Procrastination is like the biblical man who is having "a little sleep, a little slumber". You would always say there is time. You think you can still do it later.

You want to do things when all is well or rosy.
When everything is there for you. When the year
began, you made many resolutions but taking a look
at them now, you have not even completed one. Or
perhaps, you're waiting for everything to fall in line,
to be at your beck and call.

HIGHER THAN KILIMANJARO

Now, those dreams seem mountainous, too high to
climb. The year is running faster than Usain Bolt.
Hmmm, you cast your mind back, you see that you
would have achieved a lot if you had started out
that dream.

You see how far others may have gone and tell
yourself that you could have done better only if you
started or if the right conditions were there.

A SPILLED MILK

There's no need to cry over spilled milk but to see
what can be salvaged. The year has not ended yet,
you can still wake up from your sleep by taking the
following to heart:

1. STARTING IS NEVER EASY: You've got your
dreams and should never think it would be realized
on a platter of gold. No. One of the hardest things
to do is starting something for the first time.

You would be scared, and wonder if your dream is
worth pursuing. Maybe you are afraid. Afraid that
when you launch out your net you wouldn't have a
catch. Afraid that you might fail, fall and falter!
I want to let you know that no one has ever
succeeded without trying.

None has passed an exam without sitting for it. Even Newton's law of physics agrees that nothing happens until something happens. An object (your dreams, goals etc), remains at rest unless acted upon by a force getting started).

Don't be scared, cast your net into the water!

2. BREAK YOUR DREAM(S) INTO BITS: While you
are still sleeping with your goals is that you see
them as too big. You look at the picture of a global
future in you, yet you are still in a corner in your
street.

Never let the magnitude of your dream or vision in
life weigh you down. Break it into achievable bits
and remember that a journey of a thousand miles
begins with a step.

3. SET PRIORITY: Many things can jostle for your
attention but to really make a go you need to
identity these things and rank them.

You will certainly be caught up in the web of
unfilled dreams when you want to do everything and
be everywhere at the same time.

Some things are so important and urgent, others
urgent but maybe not important while there might
be those that are important but not urgent.

Identify these things and give them their place as
you pursue your goals.

4. HAVE THE END/RESULTS IN VIEW: When you
have a dream and still sleeping, then just look at
what the end would look like. Keep walking and
working at your vision so you envision the impact
you would have made.

Let the "what ifs" be on the positive side. "What if
someone would have received hope if I'd started?",
should be your " what ifs".

You have slept enough, it's time to wake up. Stop
the talk and walk the talk. Enough of waiting for
the perfect time.

You might never get one! Stop observing the wind,
else you'll not sow! Get up and get going, the world
awaits you!
http://vesselofinspiration.com/steps-to-overcoming-
procrastination/#more-135/
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by awakon(m): 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
Year after year, you will always be faced with challenges.

2016 is no different. You are going to face a lot of obstacles but it is worth it because it is about achieving your dreams and making a difference.

So people might ridicule your dreams; it might take so long to achieve your goals.

You might be facing so much failure and are at the brink of throwing the towel.

Don't give up. Stay focused because you are an inspiration. Your existence matters to the World.

Your dream is the Light to the World. You matter in ways you never imagined.

Feeling useless or giving up would mean that so many people would suffer because you are the solution to their problems.

Don't Give up on your Dreams. Don't be distracted. Don't leave your course because you make the difference.

Bring it ON......2016

source: [url]awazieikechi.com[/url]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 18, 2016
awakon:
Year after year, you will always be faced with challenges.

2016 is no different. You are going to face a lot of obstacles but it is worth it because it is about achieving your dreams and making a difference.

So people might ridicule your dreams; it might take so long to achieve your goals.

You might be facing so much failure and are at the brink of throwing the towel.

Don't give up. Stay focused because you are an inspiration. Your existence matters to the World.

Your dream is the Light to the World. You matter in ways you never imagined.

Feeling useless or giving up would mean that so many people would suffer because you are the solution to their problems.

Don't Give up on your Dreams. Don't be distracted. Don't leave your course because you make the difference.

Bring it ON......2016

source: [url]awazieikechi.com[/url]

I'm NOT giving up. I'm staying focused.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 18, 2016
5 LIFE LESSONS ANTS CAN TEACH YOU

Nature has blessed mankind so much that even smallest of creature has one or two things it can teach him.

According to Proverbs 6:7-8, ants where described as: "having no guide, overseer or ruler, but provideth her meat in the summer and gathereth her food in the harvest".
So, what can ants teach?

1. YOU ARE YOUR GREATEST SOURCE OF INSPIRATION
<!--more-->
The ant does not have a leader but it knows what to do at the right time. It does not wait until someone, somewhere uses a horse whip to make it realise that it is time to start gathering food.
The ant would not wait for its mother to tell it to do so. You want to do anything and it seems like you are not getting the right people around you to " ginger" you, then you need to take up your cross.

If you continue waiting for someone , somewhere to "push" you before taking a step in the right direction, then you might as well wait for ages; forget about it! Don't allow the wind of approval syndrome to blow away your dreams and goals. Be self-inspired, go ahead and take that bold step!

2. FORESIGHT/PLANNING IS A GREAT ASSET

Ants have the unique attribute of planning ahead of time. They know that at a time, food would be plenty but also know that the period of plenty would not last for ages. They gather the food scrums for the lean period, a time where they might find difficult to got out due to changing weather conditions.

I would say that the ants know that if they don't plan, they are planning to fail. You need to plan ahead. You must take the future into cognizance while you live today.

An unplanned life is a like a boat at the sea tossed to and fro. Where do you want to be in 10 years time and how would you achieve that. DILIGENCE IS A WORTHY VIRTUE When you see ants, there are always carrying one crumb of food or the other. You rarely see them idle; doing nothing.

They are always busy; working to ensure that things are in order. Never embrace laziness and use spirituality as a smokescreen. You are meant to be hardworking and committed to doing your job, never minding the distractions that manifest in diverse ways.

Even from the creation story in Gen: 1, you would agree with me that The Almighty God is diligent.

When you give diligence a sit in your work/duty, it gives you a room in the palace of Kings! Whatever your hand findeth doing, do it well. Embrace diligence, court and marry her and you would give birth to promotion.

4. DETERMINATION BREAKS THE BACKBONE OF PROCRASTINATION/DAUNTING TASKS

Whenevér I am privileged to see these minute creature, my heart leaps for joy at their determination and doggedness at doing tasks which are dificult when you put into cognizance their small nature.

These ants can carry/"demolish" anything, no matter how big it looks. You ask yourself how they would succeed in falling the mountain of food particle. They will continue to nimble on such a food item, though it might take time, but before you know it, they would have levelled the mountainous item.

When you are determined, you can break the back of any task, no matter how difficult it seems. Determination is the oil that lubricates the wheel of success and the leveller of the mountain of impossibility and difficulty. When you ride on the winds of determination, nothing stops you from achieving anything.You must pursue your vision
with determination as a guide.

Daunting tasks become simple when you spice it with a dint of determination.

Go to the ants, borrow a leaf from her determined efforts to biting off a montainous crumb of food inspite of her small nature. You don't have to butcher that vision on the altar of "daunting task", apply determination.

5. THERE IS STRENGTH IN UNITY

Ants aptly fit in to the biblical axiom that a three fold cord is not easily broken. Whenever they want to move a particle of food, they gather it and start taking it one after the other.

All of them work. together to do a job and it makes the job easier for
them.

Therein lies the power of unity!

Man cannot exist in isolation. He is a social being and thus longs to be in the company of others. At every point Iife, you need others to help you make a dream become reality. No matter how highly or lowly placed you are, you still need others to live.

If God is going to help you, He uses humans; that is others to do such.

So, you should make a conscious effort to network with the right people. That challenge might be has a solution at the door of the neighbour next door!

Don't live in an island, you need others to help you get to your dream land!

LIFE ACT: Look within yourself and find out areas that you need to apply these salient lessons from nature.

MEDITATION POINT: " Go to the ant...consider her ways and be wise"-Proverbs 6:6
<!--more-->
http://vesselofinspiration.com/ 5-
life-lessons-ants-can-teach-you /

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
ARE YOU A HUNTER OR FARMER?

You are either living within the prism of a hunter or farmer. If you are a farmer you are a gatherer. A farmer sows seed, cultivates it and wait for harvest. For a hunter, the story is different. His mission is: go into the bush and kill as many animals as possible. A hunter does not possess the patience to cultivate.

When you are operating with the mindset of a farmer, you'll know that you ought to sow before before you reap. Things rarely come to you as surprises because you've sown the seeds; they are well planned out!

When you have a farmer's mindset, you don't sell your tomorrow for your today. No! But when you are configured as a hunter, you don't see anything wrong with sacrifying your destiny just to satisfy your temporary needs. Esau had that mentality. My bible narrates to me that he came back from hunting, and was so farmished. That was when his bro, Jacob asked him if he could sell his birthright (destiny) for a pot of porridge. Guess what? The man, Esau, could not resist. He couldn't stand the temporary pangs of hunger and thus, he sold his birthright that gave him possession of his father's inheritance!

Pheww!!! That's a hunter's mindset. Perhaps you are on the verge of selling a valuable part of yourself; your future, just to satisfy today's desires. When you give a hunter anything, he looks at how it's going to assuage his present desire but give it to a farmer and he'll look for ways to cultivate and multiply it.

A farmer multiplies/keeps and has foresight but a hunter, mba. He kills! He only acts based on instant gratification. You may think that a farmer is not "sharp" and does not know "whatsup". He is not like the hunter who can go into the bush, kill plenty antelopes and then "enjoy himself".

The farmer persistently but upwardly grows his seeds. Some day, the hunter would go to the bush and return with sad tales of his failed expedition because he killed the animals without recourse to the fact that the number of animals keeps depleting as he hunts daily.

On the flipside, the farmer, as he continues daily, multiplies the seeds. The hunter might ridicule him as a "juu guy" initially but then as an igbo adage says: after the race, you count the mileage; the hunter would go hunting but since he is not multiplying but killing the animals, he would later return to the farmer for food.

Little wonder throughout my bible, God often used farmers/agriculturists to illustrate several time tested principles. It is most disheartening that today's society, is one that emphasises the hunter attitude. You see people ready to do anything just to "make it".

Much value is placed on instant gratification. Only few want to plan. Hmmm. Everyone wants to be the next "happening guy/babe" but finds it unnecessary learning the ropes of cultivation (seed, time and harvest)/planning.

LIFE ACT: That action you are about taking, is it for immediate gratification (the hunter's mindset) or as a seed into your future (the farmer's mentality)?

MEDITATION POINT: "Do not be deceived, God cannot be mocked. Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he reap"- Galatians 6:7

http://vesselofinspiration.com/are-you-a-hunter-or-farmer/#more-144
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by ogaofficer(m): 10:34am On Jan 21, 2016
This thread is making more sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 21, 2016
Emmykego:
ARE YOU A HUNTER OR FARMER?

You are either living within the prism of a hunter or farmer. If you are a farmer you are a gatherer. A farmer sows seed, cultivates it and wait for harvest. For a hunter, the story is different. His mission is: go into the bush and kill as many animals as possible. A hunter does not possess the patience to cultivate.

When you are operating with the mindset of a farmer, you'll know that you ought to sow before before you reap. Things rarely come to you as surprises because you've sown the seeds; they are well planned out!

When you have a farmer's mindset, you don't sell your tomorrow for your today. No! But when you are configured as a hunter, you don't see anything wrong with sacrifying your destiny just to satisfy your temporary needs. Esau had that mentality. My bible narrates to me that he came back from hunting, and was so farmished. That was when his bro, Jacob asked him if he could sell his birthright (destiny) for a pot of porridge. Guess what? The man, Esau, could not resist. He couldn't stand the temporary pangs of hunger and thus, he sold his birthright that gave him possession of his father's inheritance!

Pheww!!! That's a hunter's mindset. Perhaps you are on the verge of selling a valuable part of yourself; your future, just to satisfy today's desires. When you give a hunter anything, he looks at how it's going to assuage his present desire but give it to a farmer and he'll look for ways to cultivate and multiply it.

A farmer multiplies/keeps and has foresight but a hunter, mba. He kills! He only acts based on instant gratification. You may think that a farmer is not "sharp" and does not know "whatsup". He is not like the hunter who can go into the bush, kill plenty antelopes and then "enjoy himself".

The farmer persistently but upwardly grows his seeds. Some day, the hunter would go to the bush and return with sad tales of his failed expedition because he killed the animals without recourse to the fact that the number of animals keeps depleting as he hunts daily.

On the flipside, the farmer, as he continues daily, multiplies the seeds. The hunter might ridicule him as a "juu guy" initially but then as an igbo adage says: after the race, you count the mileage; the hunter would go hunting but since he is not multiplying but killing the animals, he would later return to the farmer for food.

Little wonder throughout my bible, God often used farmers/agriculturists to illustrate several time tested principles. It is most disheartening that today's society, is one that emphasises the hunter attitude. You see people ready to do anything just to "make it".

Much value is placed on instant gratification. Only few want to plan. Hmmm. Everyone wants to be the next "happening guy/babe" but finds it unnecessary learning the ropes of cultivation (seed, time and harvest)/planning.

LIFE ACT: That action you are about taking, is it for immediate gratification (the hunter's mindset) or as a seed into your future (the farmer's mentality)?

MEDITATION POINT: "Do not be deceived, God cannot be mocked. Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he reap"- Galatians 6:7

http://vesselofinspiration.com/are-you-a-hunter-or-farmer/#more-144

This is awesome.
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by doffice: 11:45pm On Jan 21, 2016
dearpreye:
Good evening, my awesome, awesome people of Nairaland. Hope you all had a great day? Mine wasn't stressful by any stretch as I'm off duty.

This thread has been on my mind for weeks. I've been thinking how to go about it. I've written it in my mind weeks ago, but somehow I've been reluctant to transmit what's on the head into reality. It was simply lying there.

This evening, the desire and determination seem greater. Hence these words.

Sometimes the fear of failure- maybe the thought that people won't accept and deem it necessary to follow the thread- played no little role in keeping me from starting this thread. I simply paid more attention to the fear of failure than the good this thread could bring to people, even if it's just one person. That fear kept me in a state of inertia. But I've been restless over this issue. I've consulted with a few persons and all of them seem to believe I should give it a go. I just felt pressed to start it.

I've scanned through NL, and I'm yet to see a thread dedicated to personal development, self growth and motivation. I'll be happy to fill that void.

Away from the rumbles of politics, romance and other critical sections, we need to have a place we can quietly come in to read a quote, a talk, a short motivational speech, etc. We need a place we can actually pay more attention to OURSELVES. We hardly pay adequate attention to ourselves; we are more encumbered by what's happening in the lives of politicians and celebrities that we hardly have enough time for our own personal development and improvement.

This is the way it will work: you can drop a wise quote, either from your own mind or from others( ensure to source them), and then we discuss and deliberate on it. It could be a story. In fact, you can drop and share the chapters or sections from an entire novel or other material.

It's my deepest wish that we make this place a serene and mature corner. It's my hope that many shall be blessed and uplifted by the words that shall cover this place. And it's my desire that this thread shall be responsible for the happiness, development, and success of many.

Let me leave you with this: You weren't born to be mere statistic. You weren't born to just roam upon the Earth. You weren't born to just eat, sleep, and die. But you were born to fulfill a PURPOSE. You were born to meet a HUMAN NEED. You were born to fulfill a DESTINY. You were born to be a solution to the world's problems. You were born to be a blessing to generations!

So feel free to come around and share that inspiring quotes or stories of yours. You never could tell how many lives will be positively impacted by them. If our lives aren't impacting others positively, then we need to do a sincere and thorough self-assessment with a view to sorting out the situation. We must be useful!

''The two most important days in a man's life are the day he was born, and the day he discovered why''

Thanks for your time. Good night, and God bless you all.

Cc: ideykwum, mentorandfriend, francizy, MizMyColi, Kaboninc, Truckpusher, barcanista, luxanne, Specialist900

Dearpreye!

Lalasticlala, please, let others know such a corner as this exists on this forum. Thanks.
get empower with ict @d.office tech ang key start ur future

Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
dearpreye:

This is awesome.
Thanks, uwc
Re: A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! by awakon(m): 5:17pm On Jan 25, 2016
No man is an island. Indeed this is true!

You need others to make a difference. You need like-minds to make your dream a reality and make the world a better place.

In 2016, you are going to need all the support you can get to achieve your goals.

But sadly not everyone will support you . Not everyone will be on your team.

Some people will step on your toes just to make you feel insignificant. Some people just love to hate you and would want to fill your life with misery.

You live with these critics all the time; in your work place, your neighborhood, and even in your home. You can't just be alone without them trying to suffocate your life.

So you need to be the Elephant that walks while the Dogs keep barking.

You need to focus on who you are and what you believe in, rather than letting others do the defining for you.

Let your critics make noise. Let them roar. You don't have to be bothered instead use it to your advantage.

The only thing that matters is what you know to be true about your goals and intentions. Everything else is noise.

Don't let anyone make you feel worthless this year. Be an Inspiration! Make a difference because you matter.

[url]awazieikechi.com[/url]

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Police Officer Smoking Shisha In Uniform: NPF Launches Investigation (Photos) / Gal Pissetzky: 5 Things To Know About Hushpuppi's Lawyer / Salary Earners, How True Is This? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.