Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep (2182 Views)

3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep / 8 Lifestyle Habits You Should Change To Make You Fall Asleep Faster / Having Trouble Sleeping? This Breathing Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep In Less T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep by 20bc(m): 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
Having trouble sleeping? This breathing trick can help you fall asleep in less than a minute. The method was developed by Harvard-educated, wellness practitioner Dr. Andrew Weil, who specializes in breathing, meditation, and how it can be used to counteract stress.

How Does This Method Work?

It’s very easy; just breathe in through your nose for 4 seconds, hold it for 7 seconds, and exhale through your mouth for 8 seconds. This slows down your heart rate and it also releases chemicals in your brain that soothe you. By using this breathing method, you counteract the natural effects of adrenaline. When you first begin, you may feel a bit uncomfortable, but as you continue, you will feel very relaxed, your heart rate slow and your mind clear.

Give it a try tonight.
Cc:lalasticlala

Re: Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep by naijaboiy: 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
interesting.

But I won't try it now. Don't feel like sleeping. cheesy
Re: Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep by Twaci(f): 11:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
Didn't work angry

Nairaland no gree me embarassed
Re: Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep by 20bc(m): 11:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
Twaci:
Didn't work angry

Did you do the exercise repeatedly
Re: Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep by chibwike(m): 11:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
Twaci:
Didn't work angry

Are you that addicted
Re: Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep by Twaci(f): 11:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
chibwike:
[color=#978000][/color]Are you that addicted
Nope smiley
Re: Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep by Twaci(f): 11:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
20bc:

Did you do the exercise repeatedly
Now I am sleepy sad
Re: Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep by chibwike(m): 11:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
Twaci:
Nope smiley
OK was just wondering

coz the fun is no longer there again
Re: Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep by Twaci(f): 11:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
chibwike:
OK was just wondering

coz the fun is no longer there again
So true! I mean most days what I do is read old threads and posts, nothing fascinating about the new ones.

Wish I had been here earlier.
Re: Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep by chibwike(m): 12:04am On Jul 31, 2015
Twaci:
So true! I mean most days what I do is read old threads and posts, nothing fascinating about the new ones.

Wish I had been here earlier.
Exactly, I can't really tell what happened.. it happened like magic.

The fun died, interests lost.

I was glad to be part of that family

Seems you were still a guest then

You are not too late tho.

It gets better.
Re: Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep by Twaci(f): 12:08am On Jul 31, 2015
chibwike:
Exactly, I can't really tell what happened.. it happened like magic.

The fun died, interests lost.

I was glad to be part of that family

Seems you were still a guest then

You are not too late tho.

It gets better.
I hope so.

1 Like

Re: Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep by barnacle: 1:02am On Jul 31, 2015
think am suffering from sedatephobia(hope i got it right) and its not funny
Re: Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep by 20bc(m): 1:07am On Jul 31, 2015
Twaci:
Now I am sleepy sad
So the exercise did work
Re: Having Trouble Sleeping? This Trick Can Help You Fall Asleep by tunde1200(m): 4:19am On Aug 01, 2015
really? grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Discovers Cancer Cure / Dental Floss- Better Than Toothpicks? *Pictures* / My Experience At General Hospital Ekpan Warri Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.