Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. (31287 Views)

"Don't Ever Take No For An Answer" - Pretty Lady Says After Getting A Job.Photos / Does N.Power Stop Someone From Getting Other Federal Jobs? / Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by lamiobo(m): 11:46am On Jul 31, 2015
I use my BBZ10 to send emails without any (spam) related problem . i thought the op would make emphasis of sending mails with BB signature(sent from my blackberry phone) at the end of each mails, which i agree isn't professional. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by modupewealth: 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
rationalmind:

My major regret is why it took me so long to figure out. I have lots of jobs I've applied to already using that medium.
you are not alone ooo
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by emmanuel596(m): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
NifemiOlu:
I send emails daily from my Z10 and get instant replies. I got my latest job via email I sent. I don't really know what you are saying here o. Maybe some of these BlackBerry 10 devices have been tampered with or something but my own Z10 works perfectly and delivers emails into inbox not spam folders.
Some BlackBerry ar not directly from RIM company.. BlackBerry sells their licence of production to d likes of O2,SPRING,vodafone nd d rest of dem d ish might b from dem
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
Nice Information

Rationalmind please can I copy and Paste it somewhere?
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by free37: 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
Good observation.
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Akynzodeighbour(m): 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
maybe na london use, it happens but not with all blackberry devices
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by erumena(m): 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
rationalmind:
Ever since my university days, I had always been a fan of blackberry. What I recently found out about my beloved blackberry surprised me and has since left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I have recently applied for a host of jobs, getting invited for tests in some and never getting an invite in some. In my quest to know why I haven't been invited to write some tests, I started seeing a pattern.

Anytime I apply to jobs using recruitment portals such as taleo, I always get shortlisted. Anytime I apply for a job by sending my CV to a mail address, I never get an invite for a test.

I decided to do a little experiment. I opened a yahoo mail account and sent a mail from my BlackBerry HUB to the yahoo mail and it ended up in spam. I tried the same using mail addresses of people I had never exchanged mails with and all the mails ended up in their spam folder.

The problem I later got to find out is a bug that comes with BB10 devices. Using the blackberry HUB to send mails will most likely end your mail in the junk folder.

I decided to open this thread to enlighten other job seekers who unknowingly have been victims of their own phone.

Attached are screenshots of people's experiences I got off the web.

I do not have that issue with my Q5.
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by rocoh(m): 12:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
rationalmind:
Ever since my university days, I had always been a fan of blackberry. What I recently found out about my beloved blackberry surprised me and has since left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I have recently applied for a host of jobs, getting invited for tests in some and never getting an invite in some. In my quest to know why I haven't been invited to write some tests, I started seeing a pattern.

Anytime I apply to jobs using recruitment portals such as taleo, I always get shortlisted. Anytime I apply for a job by sending my CV to a mail address, I never get an invite for a test.

I decided to do a little experiment. I opened a yahoo mail account and sent a mail from my BlackBerry HUB to the yahoo mail and it ended up in spam. I tried the same using mail addresses of people I had never exchanged mails with and all the mails ended up in their spam folder.

The problem I later got to find out is a bug that comes with BB10 devices. Using the blackberry HUB to send mails will most likely end your mail in the junk folder.

I decided to open this thread to enlighten other job seekers who unknowingly have been victims of their own phone.

TRY AND UPDATE YOUR OS
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by MissIndependent(f): 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
After reading this thread, I just tried sending a mail to my yahoo account using BlackBerry hub including an attachment and I got the mail. I use Q5 I guess it's some BlackBerry 10 phones not all. kiss kiss kiss wink

1 Like

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Elosky20: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
see me see problem whatin be blackberry abi na blue berry self.when i have been sending my CV via my nokia touch since 2007
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by MissIndependent(f): 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
Kizmarty:

so you want a job badly and the best sacrifice you can make is send your CV,applications and all with a mobile(BlackBerry)

That speaks a lot how much you really need a job...what the hell happened to using the cyber cafe if you don't own a laptop or desktop?
sometimes, we just need to pay a little sacrifice to achieve our goals.

you not ready for a job,at least not yet...you've never been serious about it.

What is this one saying? How many people still visit a cyber cafe these days? I guess you own a cyber cafe undecided undecided tongue

3 Likes

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
NifemiOlu:

Z10 is very complicated. Check some settings.

Can you please send another to

I'm trying to establish something.
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Symphony007: 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
As student, i've used BB hub email multiple times to send scholarship applications and other important things and had prompt reply so with no issues, latest of which is the agip scholarship which I just wrote. We should realise that some problems are individual to phones and not generalize it.
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
Mekzmoney:
Same here... I've been aplying 4 jobs wit my fone 4 almost 2yrs nw bt notin was wrking.... because I've been using BB to do all dat.... Even gud companies dat I fit into dia requirements never invite me.... I will regret dis if I do d experiment n find out its tru...

When you want to do the experiment, send a mail to a Gmail account you've never sent a mail to. They have better spam filtering compared to yahoo.
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
MissIndependent:
After reading this thread, I just tried sending a mail to my yahoo account using BlackBerry hub including an attachment and I got the mail. I use Q5 I guess it's some BlackBerry 10 phones not all. kiss kiss kiss wink

Please, do the same to a Gmail addy. You can send it to

PS: It won't work. We've exchanged mails before smiley
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nature129(m): 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
Tbillz:
Every criteria is been Used in recent days as employment yardstick. I pity future generations, their virginity will be a criteria.

How funny! I don't believe this though. If our govt could fix our major problems in Nigeria like electricity, unemployment, corruption, build refineries, give loans and make our universities practical oriented, then the future generation will enjoy.

Why HR teams look for flimsy excuses to disqualify people is that we have massive unemployment situation in Nigerian and they are cashing in on that.

So, your comment shouldn't be your prayer to the future generation, pls

1 Like

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by emmansus(f): 12:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
Can't imagine using another fone aprt from BB

1 Like

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
MuhdG:
Nice Information

Rationalmind please can I copy and Paste it somewhere?

No prob bro
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by emmansus(f): 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
Pls check ur setting or abi na china BB

1 Like

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by igmatt2002(m): 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
@ Op... I'm sorry for what you experienced while trying to send emails with your BlackBerry device!

Please don't come and spill rubbish here on nairaland about BlackBerry! I have been using BlackBerry for over five years now and I have never experience any of these complaint. If you don't know BlackBerry operating system is one of the most sophisticated OS available, you can ask the German chancellor, US President etc!

rationalmind:

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by prela(f): 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
lonelydora:
But wait oooo, are people still using BlackBerry? When Androids and Iphones full everywhere.

Silly question...let me see ur iphone b4 I knw what to say
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by hurpeyeahme(f): 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
It's peculiar to your BlackBerry I guessed. I just tried sending to a Gmail account n it's right there in inbox.
I sent my cv to couple of pple lately I got acknowledgement of it. got msg frm a friend dt I should send my cv in a readable format n another d attachments not opening...what could be d issue as I sent this same cv to others n it was readable?
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
rationalmind:

No prob bro
Thank you.
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by skedy1(m): 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
karleone:
@OP, it's not a general Blackberry problem. It only occurs in those with dual OS (Blackberry-Android) like Q10, Z10, Z30 and d likes.
I send my mails with my Bold5 and it goes straight to the recipient's inbox. Just tried it now with my other email address and it went peacefully.

Exactly...U just said it all!!!
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Damiflies: 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Cutehector:
I used my bb to apply for total.. A second later I was replied statin d interview date and time... So I guess its not in all cases

Bro, that total invite is a pure scam. Bew!!!re

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Cutehector(m): 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
Damiflies:

Bro, that total invite is a pure scam. Bew!!!re
but that is the same email in their original website... Am I mistaken?
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Luyeanka(f): 2:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
sucess001:

you are one bad kisser...see as u dey suck the guy mouth,...@dp
Lol
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Mekzmoney(m): 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
Tnx.. I'm using a Gmail too... Will do just that.

rationalmind:

When you want to do the experiment, send a mail to a Gmail account you've never sent a mail to. They have better spam filtering compared to yahoo.
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
ok
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by dollarlander: 3:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
Not all that looks good is good. But the problem is you and I that like latest technology that has MIT been proven.

We like to buy technology to prove levels.
Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by Publ1cEnemy(m): 3:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
rationalmind:

You get sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hotel/Hospitality Jobs / 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? / NPOWER- I Just Got A Congratulations Text Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.