Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,267 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. (31289 Views)

"Don't Ever Take No For An Answer" - Pretty Lady Says After Getting A Job.Photos / Does N.Power Stop Someone From Getting Other Federal Jobs? / Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job. by xchet(m): 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
rationalmind:
Ever since my university days, I had always been a fan of blackberry. What I recently found out about my beloved blackberry surprised me and has since left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I have recently applied for a host of jobs, getting invited for tests in some and never getting an invite in some. In my quest to know why I haven't been invited to write some tests, I started seeing a pattern.

Anytime I apply to jobs using recruitment portals such as taleo, I always get shortlisted. Anytime I apply for a job by sending my CV to a mail address, I never get an invite for a test.

I decided to do a little experiment. I opened a yahoo mail account and sent a mail from my BlackBerry HUB to the yahoo mail and it ended up in spam. I tried the same using mail addresses of people I had never exchanged mails with and all the mails ended up in their spam folder.

The problem I later got to find out is a bug that comes with BB10 devices. Using the blackberry HUB to send mails will most likely end your mail in the junk folder.

I decided to open this thread to enlighten other job seekers who unknowingly have been victims of their own phone.

Attached are screenshots of people's experiences I got off the web.

thanks @ rationalmind...

All I have to say about this BB10 issue is that... anyone that wa.ts to buy any phone, or PC for legit, formal and business purposes should always get a new one.
Yes, I know that the new gadgets are mostly expensive. I recommend the new ones because most of the fairly use phones, be it London, USA or hungary, was use by people we don't know and for some illegal stuff. And for these reasons the gadget may not serve every of our needs.

How and why?
The international body monitoring frauds and illegal acts see the activities of
1. IT address in every gadget
2. Serial Number
3. IMEI (not always)
4. Your location (if it's turned ON)

And so many other information that I might not give out here and now.

Once there is a hit (illegal art) on the any gadget, the next thing is to blacklist the gadget with any of its detail available, which might be anyone of those mentioned above. When this is done, the gadgets will still work normal but then masked from accessing some things through the Internet. At this point no guru will be able to identify or remove the mask except the person works in the IT department of this international body (who blacklisted the gadget).

What happens next?
The owner noticing this restrictions will sell the phone working perfectly fine and our entrepreneurs see sheep gadgets will rejoice and bring all of them back to our country where we still get it half the price of the new one.

We buy and continue facing the unknown.

How does this affect the buyers?
You get restricted to some websites even without knowing because when you key in the url, the progress bar will be rolling with no progress and sometimes it processes and brings back a blank page. And we term in network problem.

It restricts the server certificates from running there service protocol.

Etc.

I am not saying that all the fairly used gadgets have this issues. Sometimes we get lucky and sometimes we don't.

My advice...

If you ha e the money for the new one, please go for it... thanks to you all...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? / Hotel/Hospitality Jobs / N-power Batch C: Deployment List Sent To All 36 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.