Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,948 members, 7,806,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% (22584 Views)

Handover Of Agulu Lake Hotel To Golden Tulip By Anambra Governor Obiano (Photos) / See Governor Obiano's "Stylish" Handshake That Has Got People Talking. Photos / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by emmalezy(m): 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-GSEO-hNOpTM/VbtYidumGjI/AAAAAAAGEv4/UeI1dibiRXY/s400/mail.google.com.jpg[/img]

Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, on Wednesday, has described governors who ‘sleep’ without paying the salaries of workers in their state as irresponsible.

Speaking during the 2015 civil service day celebration at the Jerome Udoji secretariat, Awka, the state capital, the Governor defaulted any administration of states within the confines of the Nation that shuts eye to its worker’s plight: “No responsible government goes to sleep when its workforce is having sleepless nights,” the governor said.

He said in the past one year, his administration had demonstrated a great deal of sensitivity to the plight of workers: “A few weeks after I was sworn in as your governor, we took bold steps to look into the difficulties workers were having in transporting themselves to Awka from various parts of the state.”

“Consequently, we provided four buses to convey workers from Onitsha, Otuocha, Nnewi and Ekwulobia to and from Awka. We also donated three buses to NLC, NUC and JNC.”

Reassuring the state workers of regular salaries despite the dominant economic setbacks, the governor said: “Similarly, less than one year into my administration, we increased workers’ salaries by 15 per cent.”

“I also assured you that I would do more if our Internally Generated Revenue grows. Interestingly, we increased salaries at a time when oil prices were crashing and governments were looking for bailouts.”

“In spite of the prevailing difficulties, we have kept our promise to always pay your salaries regularly,” the governor added.

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2015/07/31/anambra-governor-obiano-increases-workers-salary-by-this-amount/

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
undecided
Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Unsad(m): 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
As far as I am concerned, this is presently the best governor in Nigeria not that short Brat that calls himself El Rufai

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by ChuzzyBlog: 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
Sounds reasonable tho! i hope he won't play the lucifer game of "Give them cap and take their head".

Thanks for the Opportunity to comment! smiley

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by victorava(m): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
One of the most outstanding governors... Keep up the good work.

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by nnachukz(m): 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
Good. Osun, Imo, Edo etc governors should learn from this great man. Not just pay their workers but increase the pay.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by kutchs: 12:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
While Imo and Osun states led by two dunces are owing months of unpaid salaries, Obiano is increasing his workers' salaries and one will tell me the best is in APC. When Okonjo-Iweala warned them to save for the rainy days they chose to call her names, now see what adherence to her advice by Anambra has caused the state. Ride on my good people of Anambra.

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
Mehn.. 3 shopping malls, major road projects, construction of a new city all at the same time and this man still manages to increase salaries and pay them on time? Chai!!! Is he a magician?

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
Very Proud of My Governor,Anambra adigo mma! We are really LIGHT of the NATION!

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
Light of the nation!!! A good example of what S.E will be without APC and what BIAFRA will look like when we finally restore it!

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Afrocatalyst: 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
Good move

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by afolwalex20(m): 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
All dis 1 no concern me..

Nysc's pay should beta b increased as promised

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
Anambra teaches other states how 2b independent, we ain't oyel producing state yet we keep going higher beyond other state's imagination...

Proudly A Biafra

Proudly A Chest Beater

[size=18pt]Proudly Anambrarian[/size]

[size=24pt]God Bless Willie Obiano[/size]

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Emekamex(m): 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
kool

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by SWAGGAVILLAGE(m): 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
nyc,this is a welcome development, the anambara people will really be happy with him,meanwhile buhari has approved over 5 billion naira to assist bomb blast victims http://yesreport..com/2015/07/buhari-orders-release-of-5-bn-for-blast.html
Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
Impressed!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Drsheddy(m): 4:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
Kudos to Obiano My Guy

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by grin88(m): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
C

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Cyriloha(m): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
emmalezy:

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2015/07/31/anambra-governor-obiano-increases-workers-salary-by-this-amount/

AND THAT IS WHAT I WANT. ....PRESIDENT OF PROB CONTINUE DEY PROB OKAY. .....THIEVES

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by XBLadez: 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
Shame on Roach ass!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by steppin: 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
My able governor! Anambra adigo mma.
Rochas, you see your life?

20 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by LieDetector(m): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
Good. To hear. Our leaders are now living up to expectations.
Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by ronald4lif(m): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
Anambra ga di nma. More grease to the shoulders of my amiable governor.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by eunisam: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
Dave Umahi of Ebonyi,How far 3 months no salary yet.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by idbami2(m): 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
This same Nigeria whre our dear Aregbe dey owe 10yrs salaryy? shocked

23 Likes

Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Built2last: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
ok
Re: Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
As long as he does not owe them for a year o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burial Photos Of Senator Ali Wakili / Julius Pondi Shares Sachets Of Garri To His Constituents In Delta (Photos) / Buhari Receives South African President's Special Envoy [Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.