Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto (36693 Views)

Lady Loses N5million She Was Paid After Losing Job To Church Micro-finance Bank / History And Secrets Of Lotto / Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by Islie: 1:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
A man who staked a large sum of money on 'Baba Ijebu' has slumped and died when the results did not go his way.

A middle-aged commercial motorcyclist identified as Marcel Okorie, reportedly slumped and died at a lottery point popularly called 'Baba Ijebu', after he realised that he had lost a huge sum of money which was said have run into several thousands.

The incident which happened somewhere around Akute, a suburb of Ogun State, according to eyewitnesses, saw the shocked stakers running helter-skelter after Okorie rode on his bike to the spot and on checking the board, realised he had lost his money and was heard moaning to himself, lamenting that he had lost the money meant to pay his house rent after he was given an ultimatum to pack out of his rented apartment by his landlord.

A witness who did not want his name in print painted the picture:

"It is very sad. I knew the man very well. We used to do 'okada' work together from Ogba to Akute and once in a while, we staked 'Baba Ijebu' at the same place.

On the fateful incident, Marcel said he had a dream where his late father gave him some numbers and he played with over N45,000 and would have won millions if they had played.

But unfortunately, the numbers did not play and he slumped when he saw the result. We tried to revive him and by the time we were able to take him to a nearby hospital, he was already dead.

I really pity his family!"

http://pulse.ng/gist/baba-ijebu-man-dies-after-losing-money-to-lotto-id4029791.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by 4stylz: 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by IYADARA(f): 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
Get rich quick or die trying sad

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy When i was I high school in Nigeria a boy won a car when he was in Primary school........His parents didn't talk imagine if they had caught him at the office wink.
. I remember the time a guy won like 12k on Nairabet. All the Niggas in my school rushed. Nobody won till I left. .I can pound my chest...........I was one of Nairabets customers before it went Mainstream cool

Something about Gambling puts me off I swear Lady Luck is always cheating on me undecided

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by admax(m): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
Greed makes low-lives to play that lotto called Baba Ijebu - How can you spend a reasonable amount of money to win a whole lots of money you don't want to work for? Baba Ijebu do rob many Peters to pay few Pauls. Go and do something meaningful to make more money.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by horllami07(f): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
Mtchew! Eni ton wa ifa oun wa ofo pelu, y can't he call On his dead father to help him out. He has gone to join him(his father) so that they can play 'baba ijebu' together in heaven. R.I.P to him anyway!

9 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by allanphash7(m): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ko pele o

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by naijainfogalery: 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
God punish poverty, slumped and died because of N45,000. The last time i checked dangote lost 10 billion dollars and he didnt even grow thin

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by Jannie1999(f): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
Eeya Am sure that there is.a demon behind this baba ijebu that make people addicted to it

RIP I pity his family

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by RichDad1(m): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
Lo wo wa.
Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by lakefist(m): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
congrats to him

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by Penuelseun(m): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hhmmm, na wa o, people with "get rich quickly schemes". May he R.I.P sha
Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by yeahh(m): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
Painful
But come o which kind dream be dat na, abi he vex im papa before him die?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by cana882(m): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chei!!! Poor guy jst wanna gt reach bt ended up pressuring his people for burial cash...

RIP
Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by veekid(m): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
akindindinrin

na Yoruba man hm go b

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by asumo12: 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
IYADARA:
cry

Iya Dara? undecided

Kilofaekun?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by VickyRotex(f): 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
Awwwwww! sad cry

Ile lo lo tarara undecided

BBa Ijebu causing heartache since >>>> undecided
Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
N45k on lottery
Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
see wha baba ijebu ave cause nw.......
Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by DiegoNakel(m): 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
He could have played sportbet

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by nnachukz(m): 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
baba ijebu juju don catch you. the witches and wizards in his village consulted baba ijebu juju. RIP

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by Jamexjulius(m): 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
RIP grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by gurunlocker: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
veekid:
akindindinrin

na Yoruba man hm go b

just convince me that you are educated and have functioning brain in your skull

8 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by holyokoto(m): 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
Now Is a Lesson for all those who always Capitalize on Dreams
Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by udy4real(m): 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by IYADARA(f): 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
asumo12:

Iya Dara? undecided

Kilofaekun?
. Oro owo yi na ni

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by bqlekan(m): 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
you cant handle regrets, dissapointments, just dont go near gambling, drugs etc
Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by johnwizey: 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
him papa dey ontop him mata gidigba

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by sirugos(m): 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
veekid:
akindindinrin

na Yoruba man hm go b
read again

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by rightchic(f): 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
R.I.P
Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by Kizyte(m): 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
Real money don't come real fast

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto by asumo12: 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
IYADARA:
. Oro owo yi na ni

Sigh

Ekpele eku igbaotun oooo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Looking For A Business Plan? Here Are 100 FREE Samples And Templates! / Nigerian Customs Blacklists GTB, Fidelity, Diamond Banks / Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today (throwback Vs Now Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.