Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims (21431 Views)

NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges / Breaking News: Nigerian Govt Orders Immediate Withdrawal Of Troops From ND / N13 Billion Fraud: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Niger Delta Militant Tompolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by ddippset(m): 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
tolustx:
I bet mny people will fil to see or intentionally decide to neglect dis part of the post "Mr. Danjuma told President Buhari that the former president gave approval for the funds to be incorporated into a Trust Fund, to “insulate it from political interference”.

I just hope d money gets to where it is supposed to get to and is not diverted by d wretched nd heartless politicians
you nor get sense at all. Jonathan kept the money aside so it doesn't mix up wit the oil money (the chopable money). Since the world knew the amount of money that was raised at the dinner for the victims but don't know the amount coming from oil. So Jonathan kept it aside so he and his boys could chop the oil money well without mistakenly chopping the fund. Common sense. That's what he means by 'political interference.'
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by shomutuski(m): 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
yang:
with who's approval

That the cbn is printing 5bn naira to fund Boko haram as we speak

This is Biafra money being given to Alamajari Terrorists where people in the villages of Egbema, Assa, Ohaji, Ndoni, Kaima and Oberekom have no support fund

why steal money from oil producing communities to pay communities who have been killing easterners

You steal money meant for development of oil producing communities and send it to Jigawa and sokoto

Do Kebbi people bring their Beans and Tomato money for allocation?

This is criminal stealing

The zoo is a criminal enterprise

Ever heard of sentiment? It's a chemical defect found on the losing side. Congrats to you, I had to comment when I noticed how stvpid you are! The last time I checked S.E is quite different from S.S. So murf!! Stop famzing the oil rich region, stick to ur fvcking biafra and let see where it leads you to... Fvcking bigot.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by FacelessPatriot: 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
Another way of looting money from the National treasury, why APC? we know the money won't get to the bomb victims or at best just a minute fraction will reach their hands.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by Forwetinnah: 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
yang:
with who's approval

That the cbn is printing 5bn naira to fund Boko haram as we speak

This is Biafra money being given to Alamajari Terrorists where people in the villages of Egbema, Assa, Ohaji, Ndoni, Kaima and Oberekom have no support fund

why steal money from oil producing communities to pay communities who have been killing easterners

You steal money meant for development of oil producing communities and send it to Jigawa and sokoto

Do Kebbi people bring their Beans and Tomato money for allocation?

This is criminal stealing

The zoo is a criminal enterprise

It is shocking to say the least...the Dullard just dips hands into the country's funds like it's his personal account. Never has such rubbish been done in the PDP even with all the woes they've been accused of..and some people are supporting this Rubbish eg Beremx?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by ceejay80s(m): 6:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
born2lead01:
Good that federal government is fulfilling her own part of the promise.
Buhari and not federal government, federal govt don dey there since and they did nada
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
IYADARA:
I tot he met an empty Treasury undecided
Ain't you aware he saved (Foreign reserve) over $2 billion dollars after 30 days in office? And I'm sure u are not aware too that Nigeria Government generates income daily. Wise up!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by funlord(m): 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
undecided[/quote] grin
IYADARA:

Forever an _imbecile!
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by funkybully(f): 6:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
When the fund was being raised at a dinner night, apc bastards were shouting ontop of their voices, I can recall Arthur EZE donated about 5billion. Today, the north and apc are enjoying the sweat of the Same man and party they accuse of corruption.

Nemesis and karma is doing press up for this one chance party

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by PERFECT2(m): 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ayameze2015:
Fraudster alert!
It's a game,just play it. Who knows? U may be d winner.
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
kokoA:
Don't always rush to comment. Read first and get a clear understanding before you come here to embarrass yourself and whatever school you attended.
Where are they releasing the fund from?
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by Kenobus: 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
kokoA:
Don't always rush to comment. Read first and get a clear understanding before you come here to embarrass yourself and whatever school you attended.
Buhari actually fooled himself by making statement on the Treasury. GEJ left a lot
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by mildflame: 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
kokoA:

U nu know say d Disciples of OGOGORO JO-NONSENSE be like Mama Peace dem de TALK b4 de THINK
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
IYADARA:
seconded
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
It does not get to them.
simseg01:
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the Head of Service of the Federation, Danladi Kifasi, to facilitate the immediate release of the N5 billion pledged by the Federal Government since August 2014 for the Victims Support Fund (VSF), the presidency announced Friday.
The fund was created to support victims of bomb attacks.
President Buhari gave the directive after receiving a briefing from the VSF Presidential Committee headed by former defence minister, Theophilus Danjuma, at the Presidential Villa.
Mr. Danjuma told the president that out of the N55.92 billion pledged at the fund-raising dinner for the fund in August last year, N33.54 billion was still outstanding, including N5 Billion from the Federal Government.
He said the VSF currently has N23.33 billion in four bank accounts.
Mr. Danjuma urged the president to use his office to persuade all organizations and individuals to honour their pledges to the Committee.
The directive came two days after PREMIUM TIMES reported how the funds had not been deployed to provide needed help to victims, nearly a year after.
The committee had also told PREMIUM TIMES how several wealthy Nigerians who made pledges failed to redeem them, and how former President Jonathan directed that the funds should not be released for operations already handled by the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA.
Mr. Danjuma told President Buhari that the former president gave approval for the funds to be incorporated into a Trust Fund, to “insulate it from political interference”.
President Buhari urged the Committee to ensure proper coordination with other government agencies providing support and assistance to victims of terrorism.
The president assured Mr. Danjuma and members of the VSF Committee that his administration was taking proactive steps to defeat terrorism in the country.
He said that despite the challenge of acquiring much needed strategic equipment and weapons to confront the terrorists, the Nigerian military has recently gained much ground in its effort to defeat and degrade Boko Haram.
He added that the full deployment of the Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF), under the auspices of member-states of Lake Chad Basin Commission, will further boost ongoing military operations against the insurgents.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/187564-buhari-orders-immediate-release-of-n5-bn-to-bomb-victims.html
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
! Pls vote for my babe! Also Snd d link to ur frndz http:///p3hdmc5
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by owobokiri(m): 7:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
Apart from rebuilding his north and intimidating his political opponents with his warped anti corruption war, what else are buharis agenda for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by bejeria101(m): 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
From empty treasury abi? Dis guy is dumber than i thought #lastcowbender.
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by Eluwilussit(m): 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
tolustx:
I bet mny people will fil to see or intentionally decide to neglect dis part of the post "Mr. Danjuma told President Buhari that the former president gave approval for the funds to be incorporated into a Trust Fund, to “insulate it from political interference”.

I just hope d money gets to where it is supposed to get to and is not diverted by d wretched nd heartless politicians

Haba broda! How dey go see am? Someday, Nigerians will learn how to be fair and objective. My dad used to say that " your enemy will never understand your English ". For now, Jona is the scape goat. Everything that is not right, is his fault. Anything that is right is sai baba. Posterity will judge all our leaders. Some kindly and some very harsh.
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by hinwazaka: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
chesterlee:
Whos keeping account of all the money spent since this daura dictator entered office?

We dont have a finance minister...Yet this man is spending spending and spending!!!!

Empty treasury my foot!
You just made the most fundamental point. An abuse of respected laid down ethics and principles of government. There has been a lot of expenditure by the government without the coordinated planning of a ministry head. We might see the inflationary gap widen which could lead to cost push inflation in a year or two. This was what occurred in 1984/1985 in his first stint in power

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by Israel5(m): 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
5 bi..? Wat! Hm. When wil they gve me my 10k na. 2mao na anthr mnth o
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by opatzy(m): 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
IYADARA:
He never said Empty treasury but virtually Empty treasury,However go learn English buddy. Because virtually shows that Almost empty and also he didn't expect that minimal amount in the federal Account.
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by sweetgala(m): 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
IYADARA:

Government made a promise, it has to fulfill it's promise

He meet an empty treasury in terms of the budget, stop being bottom base stupid
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by HelpeeDeck(m): 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
kokoA:

nice comment, wondering why some people cant reason before they comment..love your statement to that guy
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by uniqueflash(m): 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
boman2014:

YOU GO SKOOL SO?
something tells me de guy na mechanic
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by Toktee(m): 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
nikkiking:
Sounds good. But trust naija some would prefer been a victim of a bomb attack because of the side attraction, money!!!
like our brothers from the other side of nija,they have found a quick way of making it in the north.
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by specco(m): 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
merry02:
Apc government ll reap jonathan good deeds for 2 years!!!
●Like the Railway revolution criss- crossing the landscape of Nigeria.
●The upsurge in Power output.
●The PH/Warri refineries
●Agriculture
●And now this...N55b for victims of Boko haram.
I think Apc will reap the good works of Gej for many years and many other silent projects he started that'll soon reach maturity age apc will still appropriate as theirs.
They should give the man some credit na not only appropriation.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by anwo247: 8:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
Beremx:
Its good to hear Jonathan and his corrupt cohorts did not chop the money.
Those who pledged should redeeem their pledges and save themselves from shame. grin

God bless our President.

Even Oshiomhole could not find anything against Jonathan. What do you people want from this man?
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by tammie24: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
boman2014:

YOU GO SKOOL SO?
What does it have to do it with what she said?
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by tammie24: 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
An avenue for some people to pocket their own share and enrich themselves
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by tolustx(m): 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
ddippset:
you nor get sense at all. Jonathan kept the money aside so it doesn't mix up wit the oil money (the chopable money). Since the world knew the amount of money that was raised at the dinner for the victims but don't know the amount coming from oil. So Jonathan kept it aside so he and his boys could chop the oil money well without mistakenly chopping the fund. Common sense. That's what he means by 'political interference.'
I think it is clearly obvious who is senseless between both of us.
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by NobleG1(m): 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
I hope it won't go into pockets of thieving politicians.
Re: Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims by uridadole: 10:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
IYADARA:
You talk like an illiterate. U don't know govt generate revenue everyday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Defection: Federal Lawmaker, Ogbe, 2000 Others Dump APC For PDP / 2023: Southwest Speakers Meet In Ibadan For Tinubu / Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Amended 16 Counts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.