Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners - Career (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners (127942 Views)

Poll: Which option of Electrical Engineering do you prefer?

Electronics and Telecoms: 68% (203 votes)
Power and Machinery: 28% (84 votes)
Lecturing: 3% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. / Marine Engineering Aspirants And Practitioners: Any Future? / Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Josieojeb(f): 11:45am On Aug 17, 2015
fluxview:
Electrical engineers should take note of this question before going for an interview or practical aptitude test. if you do not know 85% of the answers now as your reading it for the first time then you have work to do on yourself. Because of the nature of our university system(un experience lecturers with little or know industrial knowledge) and poor industrial training program, most of us graduated without knowing that these questions are the key to nailing any interview in electrical power section(instrument and process control will come later).
i can only vouch for AEIT for now wrt practical training.

1= What is the different between a solid state relay and an electromagnetic relay.
2= Why is it that an electrical motor using 480VAC is runs on a star/delta circuit.
3= Draw the control and the power diagram of a direct online motor.
4= What is single phasing of a 3 phase motor.
5= What is the function of a relay, contactor,and overload relay in a motor circuit.
6= what is the full meaning of MCB,MCCB and OLR
7= Name five part of an AC motor
8= Know your motor calculation, viz a viz slip. efficiency, speed.
9= How do you reverse the direction of a DC motor.
10=How do you reverse the direction of an AC motor.
11=what are the causes of a motor overload.
12=The speed of a motor is determine by what two factors
13=What is the different between synchronous and asynchronous motor.
14=Explain the operation of an induction motor.
15=How effective are you in the use of megger meter and analog/digital meter.
16=What are the different type of motor overload protection devices and how are they connected. such as fuses, OLR, MCB, MCCB, phase failure device, under current device, etc.
17=what do you understand by Power factor correction, what are the types of power factor correction and why is power factor correction important. etc.
18= Add more electrical motor question that you have come across in the interview.

everything having being said is know your motor, transformer and practical basic electricity very well.
note that you do not need to answer all the questions being asked in an interview but you need to answer a quite number of the question asked to your best, keep it simple and clear but before you get to this stage, your cv should speak for you.
consult other trends to learn how to write a very good cv.

i have 4 pdf and an electrical maintenance video to give out to those who want it. i have had my day, struggle to get here, made sacrifices, waited resources in search of practical electrical knowledge. the key is NEVER GIVE UP. [size=18pt]one of your best aid to learning is www.youtube.com
there are so many short videos to explain most interview question.
[/size]
Please send to my mail too I would gladly appreciate if u can. Thanks. ojelabijosephi2@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by SOLARPOWER1(f): 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
I am a graduate of Electrical and Electronic Engineering and I recently got a job as a graduate trainee with a power distribution company in Nigeria. Pls I need advice from professionals in the house on the right steps to take to improve myself and deliver my best in this sector .

2 Likes

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Cleanman(m): 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
I'm also a fresh graduate. Studied Electrical/Electronics. Any intern,contract or full time job slot, I'll gladly accept.
sammiejones6@yahoo.co.UK
thank you.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by apheyz(m): 8:00am On Aug 18, 2015
fluxview:
i have sent out the material/video for the third time in a roll due to plea from people but i notice that only 1% end up downloading them(from the feed back i get from www.wetransfer.com).
The truth is that many of you are not serious. i think you have relied on android phone download for so long such that you have to throw away there mtn, glo or etisalat modern. some of the materials were actually downloaded from youtude while the classified ones were bought.

FOR THOSE THAT COMES BACK TO SAY THANK YOU(YOUR WELCOME).
FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT COME BACK(OUT OF 10 BLIND ME THAT WAS HEALED, ONLY ONE CAME BACK TO THANK CHRIST SO I WAS NOT SURPRISED)

Cc fluxview

1 Like

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Olabestonic001(m): 9:18am On Aug 19, 2015
SOLARPOWER1:
I am a graduate of Electrical and Electronic
Engineering and I recently got a job as a
graduate trainee with a power
distribution company in Nigeria. Pls I
need advice from professionals in the
house on the right steps to take to
improve myself and deliver my best in this sector .

Hello bro, that's a very good one; it will certainly give you stability of employment. However, what you need from life will determine how much you want to add to yourself. For any average person, your job is a cool one.
However, if you have the ambition to grow larger as life; you could add NEBOSH IGC, M.Sc and be a registered engineer. You are into O&M ( Operations and Maintenance) which is a very stable job. However, the experience on the job might not commensurate with that of anyone in the EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction). In 5yrs time, an experience with EPC makes you the beautiful bride of many engrg arm. However, just enjoy your stay with the power sector: and please, if you are of age: get married (an Engr needs stability to focus and progress).
Have a great time as an Engr sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Nobody: 1:46am On Aug 22, 2015
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by SOLARPOWER1(f): 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
@ Olabestonic001 thanks a lot for d advice, will make effort to work on what u mentioned. As for marriage sha, am still too fresh. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Damonche4u: 7:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
@ajenlikoko, thanks for ur candid contributions towards making dis thread lively, I am an EE undergraduate in uniben just finished my 200level and contemplating on which skills to learn during my holiday that sells most, currently in the labor market Nigeria and which practicing multinational firm can I learn it from in lagos dat is more practical oriented at d peak...?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Pekusodaboy(m): 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2015
Jus presently at 200l,!!coming out wit 2.1 is d most important result after school buh I jus need advice how I can accomplish it#electrical engineering...tanks
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by FLOURICON: 8:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
Thanks to all EE role model that comments on this trend, your words have come to mean a whole lot to me.
I am a fresh EE graduate from LAUTECH with 2.1, waiting to start NYSC service by the end of October. I have IT experience as a System/Network administrator with a bank as industrial attaché (where I spent 10 month due to ASSU strike), I have also undergone Telecom training. My keen interest is in IT/telecommunications.
Besides, please i need someone that can help me with my NYSC PPA placement because I desire to serve in IT or TELECOM firm to acquire relevant skill. I stay in Lagos. I can be reach on 07032972991 or flourishjoh@yahoo.com.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by iikkeennaa(m): 11:32am On Nov 28, 2015
fluxview:
i have sent out the material/video for the third time in a roll due to plea from people but i notice that only 1% end up downloading them(from the feed back i get from www.wetransfer.com).
The truth is that many of you are not serious. i think you have relied on android phone download for so long such that you have to throw away there mtn, glo or etisalat modern. some of the materials were actually downloaded from youtude while the classified ones were bought.

FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT COME BACK(OUT OF 10 BLIND ME THAT WAS HEALED, ONLY ONE CAME BACK TO THANK CHRIST SO I WAS NOT SURPRISED)
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by iikkeennaa(m): 11:34am On Nov 28, 2015
apheyz:

Good morning sir, I was opportuned to stumble on this thread just recently, it took me an enormous amount of time and commitment to get to this page...
I'l really appreciate it if I can get those materials from u sir, and I promise you I shall be as appreciative as the ''blind man''
adewuyihafeez@yahoo.com
Cc fluxview
pls this my mail, I will appreciate if you do send me a Omeiheikenna@gmail.com
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by olascottpeter(m): 9:57am On Dec 06, 2015
hmmmm....I was wanting to study electrical/electronics engineering but I think I will have my mind changed for another course ....because what I have read in this tread so far is not encouraging..it is like everyone here is regretting for going for the course..

Thanks
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by ademasta(m): 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
fluxview:

Hello sir, it is my painful duty to tell you i couldn't download the videos and materials you sent to me. This is because i saw it late and couldn't download it due to nysc ups and downs. Please i am very sorry for requesting for it again sir. Plz help me sir. Email: aderemiadegboye@gmail.com
Thanks.
Cc: Fluxview
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by benedictuyi(m): 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
good afternoon sir...pls i would need d materials. . benedictuyioghosa@yahoo.com
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by temi4fash(m): 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
Olabestonic001:

Hello bro, that's a very good one; it will certainly give you stability of employment. However, what you need from life will determine how much you want to add to yourself. For any average person, your job is a cool one.
However, if you have the ambition to grow larger as life; you could add NEBOSH IGC, M.Sc and be a registered engineer. You are into O&M ( Operations and Maintenance) which is a very stable job. However, the experience on the job might not commensurate with that of anyone in the EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction). In 5yrs time, an experience with EPC makes you the beautiful bride of many engrg arm. However, just enjoy your stay with the power sector: and please, if you are of age: get married (an Engr needs stability to focus and progress).
Have a great time as an Engr sir.

Bro,

Which sector is EPC?

Is the normal electrical design and the likes or wat?

Thanks
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Olabestonic001(m): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2015
temi4fash:

Bro,

Which sector is EPC?

Is the normal electrical design and the likes or wat?

Thanks

EPC is Engineering, Procurement and Construction. Its synonymous to a mechanic and driver. An EPC company design and Construct a Power Plant or Major Electrical Installations and the knowledge you accrue in a short while is mostly vast and detailed. Imagine having a knowledge of building, operations becomes a small issue.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by temi4fash(m): 11:29am On Dec 17, 2015
Olabestonic001:

EPC is Engineering, Procurement and Construction. Its synonymous to a mechanic and driver. An EPC company design and Construct a Power Plant or Major Electrical Installations and the knowledge you accrue in a short while is mostly vast and detailed. Imagine having a knowledge of building, operations becomes a small issue.

Oh thanks...

How do one get jobs in companies like that cos they seldom advertise?

And are these M and E consultancy companies like that too?
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by kingsley989(m): 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
Regards to you all. Please I don't intend derailing this wonderful thread, but I do need your kind advice. I'm aged 26, am a student of a federal polytechnic and I will be graduating in February next year. Due to HND, B.Sc disparity, I've been very confused as to which way to go from here. I intend doing a PGD in Information technology or Digital communication, but due to the demand of university degree in the country I'm thinking of running a direct entry to study Info-tech at NOUN. I chose NOUN because I will have to engage myself to earn to enable me earn to take full responsibility for my education etc. As my parents have my younger sibs to see through school. So, regular class a no go area. Secondly, age is no longer on my side. I prefare PGD because of the duration instead of spending another 3 years in school. God willingly I intend doing M.sc afterward. I really do not know how to go about it. I need your advice.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by benedictuyi(m): 2:18am On Dec 24, 2015
[quote author=kingsley989 post=41189906]Regards to you all. Please I don't intend derailing this wonderful thread, but I do need your kind advice. I'm aged 26, am a student of a federal polytechnic and I will be graduating in February next year. Due to HND, B.Sc disparity, I've been very confused as to which way to go from here. I intend doing a PGD in Information technology or Digital communication, but due to the demand of university degree in the country I'm thinking of running a direct entry to study Info-tech at NOUN. I chose NOUN because I will have to engage myself to earn to enable me earn to take full responsibility for my education etc. As my parents have my younger sibs to see through school. So, regular class a no go area. Secondly, age is no longer on my side. I prefare PGD because of the duration instead of spending another 3 years in school. God willingly I intend doing M.sc afterward. I really do not know how to go about it. I need your advice.

well from my point of view i think doing a pgd will be beta off..cos most definitely afta u pgd u can choose to take up a masters program and u will certainly be more qualified than a fresh graduate. .
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by benedictuyi(m): 2:21am On Dec 24, 2015
pls house.. i need research materials for both power and telecoms option which can be of assistance for msc...here is my mail.. benedictuyioghosa@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by kingsley989(m): 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
[quote author=benedictuyi post=41290247][/quote]
Thanks a lot.
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by benedictuyi(m): 12:17am On Dec 26, 2015
benedictuyi:
pls house.. i need research materials for both power and telecoms option which can be of assistance for msc...here is my mail.. benedictuyioghosa@gmail.com
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by harrwix(m): 11:30pm On Dec 28, 2015
hamzeiy:

#feelingGuilty.....
thank you bro..i was able to download the materials about 2 weeks ago....as islam has encouraged *He who is not greatful to man for a good act done to him wont be greatful to God *

Pls kindly forward materials to adogho4eva@yahoo.com
God bless...thank you
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by oshorlabyC(m): 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
Wow, finally on the last page, being ffwing the thread bumper to bumper,thanks to all the contributors.... I'm also a graduate of EE, from Unilorin currently serving in Kaduna at Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) , I did Control option in school and I wish to go into Power, Control and Automation field. However I wish to know how I can develop in the field, what necessary certification will help and what softwares should I major in. Thanks
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
I'm just wondering what else EEE graduates in Nigeria do apart from being in the Oil and Gas industry. Not that the industry is bad but it seems limiting in that it is not exactly 'electrical'. Say one is more interested in electronics for example, what are the chances of being able to do anything meaningful in Nigeria
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by Liadi2(m): 12:05pm On Jan 01, 2016
Good day, pls i was called for an interview in an industrial company pls what is the best outfit to wear for the interview as an engineer
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by LILBIMS: 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
Liadi2:
Good day, pls i was called for an interview in an industrial company pls what is the best outfit to wear for the interview as an engineer

Hello bro the best piece of clothing you can put on in any interview is your complete suit and tie and be full of confident and always remember to smile.All the best in the interview
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by neowelsh(m): 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2016
broda. please I need it too. abelconyoh@gmail.com
thanks
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by adafavy222(f): 12:21am On Jan 11, 2016
Pls I'm in.im also a student of university of agri.umudike.studying electrical / electronics. About to go for siwes. I need advice.i want to learn.im a female
Re: Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners by ehisdan(m): 5:05am On Jan 11, 2016
[quote author=benedictuyi post=41290247][/quote]Bro doing PGD is the best option and if u can gather some cash I will advice doing masters in abroad without having to pass through PGD. Meanwhile direct entry is 4 years extra not 3 years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. / About The ICAN/ATS Examinations / Ghanaian Nurse Who Twerked In Her Uniform Declared Wanted By Nurses Association

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.