Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production (38213 Views)

Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States / Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks / What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by bugs1: 9:10am On Aug 01, 2015
The Kaduna Refining and Petrochemicals Company (KRPC), is now refining of about 60,000 barrels of crude per day following the rehabilitation of two of the company’s production lines.

The company said it was currently working with a target to release two million litres of petrol daily into the market by October.

The Managing Director of the company, Mr. Saidu Muhammed told THISDAY ON Friday that the company was on phased rehabilitation, with a target to hit 60 per cent of its local refining capacity, which is about 2 million litres daily, in the next few months, stating further that there is no reason why the company cannot achieve 6 million litres by early next year.

"We are doing alot at the moment to make sure that we achieve 80 per cent of refinning capacity."

He assured that the KRPC’s production level would hit 90 per cent by the second quarter of 2016.

The company has an installed production capacity of 110,000 barrels of crude per day. The managing director said rehabilitation work on the remaining two production lines of the company would be completed by March 2016.

Freedom Online, however, quoted the Mohammed as urging the Federal Government to safeguard the oil pipeline from Warri to Kaduna from activities of vandals in order to sustain production.

According to him, vandalism remained a major threat to smooth transportation of crude to the refinery. Muhammed, therefore, advised the Federal Government to deploy military personnel to provide maximum security to pipelines in the area. The facility upgrade of the refinery, which started in October 2014 under the Jonathan administration, is to cover 18-months.

The work entails phased and simultaneous rehabilitation of all refineries in the country using in-house and locally available resources and manpower in line with the Nigerian Content Law.
It also involved the use of Original Equipment Manufacturer representatives to effect major equipment overhaul and rehabilitation.’

The KRPC boss said the resumption of production would open employment opportunities in both formal and the informal sectors as well as address the lingering fuel scarcity in the northern region.

Muhammed explained that thousands of transporters would resume lifting of the product, thereby providing employment to truck drivers and other stakeholders. According to him, the development will also boost other businesses including the banking sector.

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), on Wednesday announced that the Port Harcourt and Warri refineries had resumed full production after the phased rehabilitation.

NNPC operates three refineries with a combined capacity of 445,000 barrels per day (bpd). They are the 210,000bpd Port Harcourt refinery, the 125,000bpd Warri refinery and petrochemical plant, and the 110,00bpd Kaduna refinery and petrochemical plant.

The commencement of operations at the Port Harcourt and Warri plants will boost the country’s local refining output and reduce the volume of petroleum products imported into the country.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/kaduna-refinery-begins-production-to-hit-2m-litres-daily-by-october/216233/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Jeromejnr(m): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2015
Nigeria shall be great again.

Ever since Buhari entered into power, things just started to work out automatically. The presence of Buhari has brought about change cool.

Modified:

Ahah. For the first time I am FTC.

Allow me to bask in this vain glory of being the FTC.

I started from the bottom and now I am here. Thanks to my 7G network I brought back with me from the future wink.

194 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 01, 2015
Very nice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Mancity26(m): 9:12am On Aug 01, 2015
Till den.. Okro and Python meat on my mind #funnyNation
comedian...

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by maverickdude(m): 9:12am On Aug 01, 2015
good
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Bashirfuntua(m): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2015
Bleep
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Imortal001: 9:14am On Aug 01, 2015
Sai baba is working and we must give credit to him for reviving our refinaries in just two month in office.

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by igahdavid(m): 9:15am On Aug 01, 2015
This is good news

5 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by midolian(m): 9:16am On Aug 01, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Ever since Buhari entered into power, things just started to work out automatically. The presence of Buhari has brought change cool.
The kinda Baba's leadership is what fits a country like Nigeria. #NoNonsense

Even the haters will agree with me on this grin

126 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Olofintoto(m): 9:17am On Aug 01, 2015
Good development.
God bless GEJ and PMB.

58 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Jeromejnr(m): 9:19am On Aug 01, 2015
midolian:
The kinda Baba's leadership is what fits a country like Nigeria.

Yes o. That is what we need in this country. A no nonsense person.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 01, 2015
Imortal001:
Sai baba is working and we must give credit to him for reviving our refinaries in just two month in office.
This is a stale propaganda. Buhari himself has dismissed it so I will let it rest.

"I cannot take credit for the revival of the refineries because I have no input to it, if I say I had a hand in it, it will be a lie and I cannot tell lies." (President Muhammadu Buhari)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttD5Tr-c9fQ

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 01, 2015
It is now producing 60,00 barrels per day but to produce 2m per day by October.

God knows that we shall hold them accountable to this. grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 01, 2015
This northeners get sense o Crude oil dey niger delta refinery km dey north 2019 na God go take time purnish any of dem wer wan go 2nd term!

14 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by oduastates: 9:29am On Aug 01, 2015
It appears that "Holy Ghost fire " has sent all the witches ,who are preventing the refinery from working ,running for cover.

17 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by mirinda2132(m): 9:31am On Aug 01, 2015
I still see lines in the filling stations, but its better now bcoz we all know where we are going to.

6 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Feranchek(m): 9:32am On Aug 01, 2015
Very impressive

5 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by abduljabbar4(m): 9:34am On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:

Gej told us that the refinaries would start working by 2016 and 99bn was needed. Something that gej wanted to do in a year has been done in 2 months by Buhari without needing 99bn.

'Jonathan is a disaster to this nation' - barcanista

165 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by oduastates: 9:35am On Aug 01, 2015
Mprepz:
This northeners get sense o
Crude oil dey niger delta refinery km dey north
2019 na God go take time purnish any of dem wer wan go 2nd term!

Makes no difference. The crude can come all the way from Kuwait , people will still have to pay for it at the pump.
Let me know where fuel is given out for free

15 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by belloahmad: 9:43am On Aug 01, 2015
my president God will make you bigger

5 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by vicadex07(m): 9:44am On Aug 01, 2015
guy why u wan kill yourself on top this refinery matter? You and I know the reason why power and the refineries failed to work in the last administration was because of corruption and politics and not lack of funding or technical capabilities. stop being clever by half

barcanista:

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Rose2014: 9:44am On Aug 01, 2015
Mprepz:
This northeners get sense o
Crude oil dey niger delta refinery km dey north
2019 na God go take time purnish any of dem wer wan go 2nd term!

I was about saying the same thing

Naija eh. Where anything is possible

5 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 01, 2015
oduastates:

Makes no difference. The crude can come all the way from Kuwait , people will still pay for it at the pump.
Let me know where fuel is given out for free

That distance is too far abeg
These people just get sense pass their brodas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2015
Rose2014:

I was about saying the same thing
Naija eh. Where anything is possible

Seriously!! Ah tire

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Imortal001: 9:58am On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:

This is a stale propaganda. Buhari himself has dismissed it so I will let it rest.

"I cannot take credit for the revival of the refineries because I have no input to it, if I say I had a hand in it, it will be a lie and I cannot tell lies." (President Muhammadu Buhari)

But this refinaries start working in buhari time as president. assuming jonathan won the election, believe me this refinary will still remain thesame; if the head is corrupt, the whole body will be corrupt too; they know buhari is no nonsense man., so for me i will still give buhari the credit for anything that work in the last two month.

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by REALORGASM(f): 10:00am On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:

You be Olodo.
It is not producing 60,00 barrels it is refining 60,000 which will produce 2million liters of fuel

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Jesusloveyou: 10:11am On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:

PMB himself was surprise that he never sent circular or money to repair refinery, or many agency that was long dead to be alive again, it is simply d fear of buhari, that is why, d credit goes to buhari,

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by alabiyemmy(m): 10:19am On Aug 01, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Ever since Buhari entered into power, things just started to work out automatically. The presence of Buhari has brought about change cool.

Keep quiet and let us hear word. Somebody started the work now u want to give the credit to your master.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by socially4fun: 10:28am On Aug 01, 2015
You need to purge the idea of "Nigeria can never be great" off your mind. There is hope.

Enough with all the APC n PDP beef. Who cares if the plans were orchestrated by GEJ and maybe implemented by PMB? The good news is the Refineries are surfacing.

16 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by MabraO: 10:36am On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:

OGA Abeg go nd die
Where u not d same person dat said u shall see if d refineries will ever work that all were mere propaganda now u spewing another trash from that ur useless mouth

Haters always find something to hate about
I know by then u will still say something useless cos that's all u re

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Ahmed4002(m): 10:48am On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:

Emotions drive politics. So why all the
concern about facts and fact-checking?
Because, among the whirl of our feelings,
there is a desire for our beliefs to be
rational, to have support from the facts.
We’re uneasy if we can’t make a plausible
case that what we say is true. Notice that
political campaigns do all they can to
undermine the analyses of the fact-
checkers who award them “Pinocchios.” At
a minimum, citing the facts is one
important rhetorical ploy. I recall hearing
of a university administrator who
allegedly admitted, “Sometimes telling the
truth is the best way to get people to do
what you want.” just watch the administration. Forever you would be grateful for the new government.
Just relax

we have heard you. kuntunu

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by abduljabbar4(m): 11:06am On Aug 01, 2015
Olofintoto:
Good development.

God bless GEJ and PMB.

23 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fayose Asks EFCC To Read John 8 Vs 7 / Nneoma Okorocha Marching Pass Rochas Okorocha At Independence Day Parade / Stop Criticizing Ex-president Jonathan’s Administration – Rotimi Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.