Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,345 members, 7,808,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Holy Spirit And Speaking In Tongues; Any Association? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Spirit And Speaking In Tongues; Any Association? (1106 Views)

The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holy Spirit And Speaking In Tongues; Any Association? by layifioren(m): 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2006
This is one main thing that alot of churches have different opinion about. What is your stand and please back it up with the Bible
Re: Holy Spirit And Speaking In Tongues; Any Association? by Oracle(m): 12:33am On Sep 28, 2006
I think it is the inspiration from the Holyspirit that makes you speak in tongues.
When the Holyspirit descends, you speak in tongues
Re: Holy Spirit And Speaking In Tongues; Any Association? by layifioren(m): 1:16am On Sep 28, 2006
I guess what I'm trying to say is that some don't believe that one has to speak in tongues to have the Holy Spirit. How do you understand that to be?
Re: Holy Spirit And Speaking In Tongues; Any Association? by jerrymania(m): 10:26am On Sep 28, 2006
Would you pattern your life along the paths of people's words or belief or according to God's word? If you would have studied your Bible (if you are a true born again christian) then theres no need for that question. Let me tell you that if you havent received Jesus into your heart and surrender fully the Holy Ghost wont come to you and there is no way you would understand the manifestations of the Holy Spirit. If you are a spritual babe then ask God for wisdom and the fullness of the Holy Spirit then you would know yourself how he works.
Re: Holy Spirit And Speaking In Tongues; Any Association? by KDK(m): 10:57am On Sep 28, 2006
This question is redundant as questions ,answers and proofs have been given from the early 1900's about this same subject matter e.g study the life of Smith Wiggleswort (A.K.A Apostle Of Faith), Charles G. Finney and John Wesley. lipsrsealed
Re: Holy Spirit And Speaking In Tongues; Any Association? by chukymoney(m): 11:07am On Sep 28, 2006
hello fellow naira users,am new here i read accounting i need a jo badly
Re: Holy Spirit And Speaking In Tongues; Any Association? by layifioren(m): 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2006
@Kikanuka,
I'll definitely pattern my life to God's word and yes am a born again and I've been for years. I'm not asking the question for me to make a decision, I'm only asking it for discussion purposes.

@KDK,
Redundant question! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Holy Spirit And Speaking In Tongues; Any Association? by ccollins(m): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2011
Hmm,let us answer no matter how myopic from d biblical point of view.Answering wit secular rather than God wisdom is totally foolishness

(1) (Reply)

Emergency Telephone Numbers / What Is Faith? / Lesson For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.