Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,915 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship (1359 Views)

Olusegun Agbaje: I Was Offered N500Million To Rig Election By PDP / Judge Begged DSS Over N500million Bribe. DSS Grills Bank Directors / Nigeria: 1000 Young Nigerians To Receive N500million Grant For Start Ups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship by morgist(m): 5:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
No fewer than 15,700 students in Tertiary and elementary schools in Benue State and beyond have so far benefitted from Senaor Daid Mark Scholarship foundation ( DMSF) for which about N600million Naira had been spent since 2004.

An Average of N50million naira is awarded as scholarship to students from primary to tertiary levels from Benue state and beyond annually under the DMSF.

The awardees included 14,703 students from various Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education as well as School of Nursing.

The beneficiaries are classified into five categories including students of tertiary institutions, Gifted girl child, Orphans and vulnerable children as well as special awards.

Distributing this year’s awards to beneficiaries in Otukpo, Benue state yesterday, the immediate past president of the Senate Senator David Mark restated his passion for education and wished that all citizens have access to quality and functional education.

According to senator Mark:” For me, education is a passion. I wish that every citizen have access to quality and functional education.

” This would eliminate ignorance, diseases and societal vices. Besides, some people would not take advantage or manipulate the uneducated needlessly”.

He therefore promised to sustain the scholarship foundation no matter the challenges, stressing ” I cannot play politics with this foundation. I don’t need to . For those who criticize me, they should not bother or worry . They can simply do theirs.

” I believe that if every other person who is well placed under takes to to train at least two uneducated citizen annually, we would have wiped out illiteracy in our society in no distant time.”

He reiterated that the scholarship now under a foundation would outlive him because “it is a legacy dear to me.”

Senator Mark used the occasion to express appreciation to the federal government for approving the new university of medical sciences sited in his Otukpo, Benue state country home.

To the benefitting students, Senator Mark counseled them to shun all forms of vices such as cultism and examination malpractices saying” you would be our pride and worthy future leaders if you continue to excel in your academics.”

Earlier, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of DMSF, Professor James Alachi said the scholarship scheme which started in 2005 with a token of N5,000 per student has increased to N20,000 per beneficiary in 2015 . This he explained is beside the over 1,000 indigent students on full scholarship.

For the 2014/2015 academic year, he said that the sum of N50million was paid to recipients of the DMSF.

Recipients including physically challenged Benue state university graduate Francis Agboko expressed appreciation to Senator Mark for making their dreams of being educated come through.

Signed:
Paul Mumeh
Media Assistant to Senator David Mark
Immediate past President of the Senate.
Re: David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship by kossyablaze(m): 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
Smh

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship by snazzy5050(m): 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
Enh hen shocked
From whoose acct
Re: David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship by Erukumakanaki: 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
i don't believe this piece of poo undecided

1 Like

Re: David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2015
I tot they said he is doing nothing for his state
Re: David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship by Shaadey: 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2015
really?
Re: David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship by mikolo80: 5:45pm On Aug 01, 2015
crixtex:
I tot they said he is doing nothing for his state

2004-2015=11 divided by 500 = less than 50 milliom per yr for somebody that has stolen billions

if you believe that this is your definition of 'done something' then I am sorry for you and yours

1 Like

Re: David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nice Gesture
Re: David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
mikolo80:

2004-2015=11 divided by 500 = less than 50 milliom per yr for somebody that has stolen billions

if you believe that this is your definition of 'done something' then I am sorry for you and yours
Alryt I get ur point, buh nothing is too small... buh pls point out to me wat Obj, Tinubu, TA orji, Diezani, IBB etc ve done more than ds man.. tnx
Re: David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship by Ghandi12: 6:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
Good gesture but things need to be put in proper perspectives.

Considering misinformation has been the order of recent time we will encourage Senator David Mark to make public the names, schools and departments of the benefactors. We also urge the benefactors to publicly identify with the Senator's kind gesture.

But like Oliver Twist we will keep asking for more:

What we have now as the income of the NASS members is no more justifiable considering the state of our national economy. Senator David Mark should impress on his colleagues to slash their income and allowances by 70% so that more money will be available for the downtrodden.

With more money available to the masses we can also pursue our own dreams without having to bother our elected representatives. We need our own fishing gadget; tired of eating fish crumbs from Senators' table.
Re: David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship by mikolo80: 6:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
crixtex:

Alryt I get ur point, buh nothing is too small... buh pls point out to me wat Obj, Tinubu, TA orji, Diezani, IBB etc ve done more than ds man.. tnx
you have to attend their ward party meetings to understand
they send money to party members who share rice and jobs to party members
the more money you send the more you have 'done '
it's our way
unless like ngige you lose nobles support and have to 'beg ' ppl with infrastructure scholarships and OT@Er 'sharing ' of dividends of democracy
Re: David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
mikolo80:
you have to attend their ward party meetings to understand
they send money to party members who share rice and jobs to party members
the more money you send the more you have 'done '
it's our way
unless like ngige you lose nobles support and have to 'beg ' ppl with infrastructure scholarships and OT@Er 'sharing ' of dividends of democracy
Hmmm.. dats good though I never knew Diezani still gvs to d society too!
Re: David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship by mikolo80: 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2015
crixtex:

Hmmm.. dats good though I never knew Diezani still gvs to d society too!
they do not 'give'
party members take
there's a difference
Re: David Mark Awards N500million Scholarship by oduastates: 7:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
Exactly what does he do for a living . Over $2 million cash .

(1) (Reply)

Ike Foundation For Autism Assesment Centre At Natiional Hospital Abuja. / Motorists Blast Ambode Over Herbert Macaulay Road, LASG Responds - Greennews.ng / More Petitions Rush In Against Amaechi - Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.