Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. (78777 Views)

Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 3:33am On Aug 02, 2015
I weep for Africs

see how people are willingly ditching their customs for Jewishown in the name of taking up christianity

even the whites who brought that religion are moving past it, looking for more realistic ways of developing themselves

we Africans with
slavish mentalities are still hugging it probably till the next wave of colonialization

be firm in your African traditions biko

leave jews to do things jews do

our forefathers told us that the Gods commanded them to pay brideprice this is the same thing the jews said but with different trappings

why should we then obey theirs and forsake ours

1 Like

Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by onoja12: 3:37am On Aug 02, 2015
excuse me tradition is greedy, quick question is it the bible that when it came to money human name became first before God. you are a slave a mental slave, please free your mind. white man who gave you bible doesn't follow it. you stupidly who he gave the bible to then enslaved you till today he is still enslave you

wrongnumber:

The op is clear.

I wonder why many of you are fuming up for nothing.

He simply wrote that we should follow traditions and go with the flow of the fun fair but also made it glaringly clear that people should stop using the Bible or Quran as excuse for their greedy tradition but many of you don't ever read and assimilate but just look at a post in a glance and start commenting.

When it comes to placing God's rules and tradition side by side we are compelled to choose that of GOD so i wonder why this subject has turned many people here to pagans clamoring for tradition as if that supersede GOD's ordinances.SMH
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by wrongnumber: 3:42am On Aug 02, 2015
onoja12:
excuse me tradition is greedy, quick question is it the bible that when it came to money human name became first before God. you are a slave a mental slave, please free your mind. white man who gave you bible doesn't follow it. you stupidly who he gave the bible to then enslaved you till today he is still enslave you

You must be either a pagan or atheist. You are on your own. Go say this about Quran outside and i can imagine what will happen to you.Keep making mockery of the Bible,ride on.
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by onoja12: 3:49am On Aug 02, 2015
guess what you better get use to it, for too long we have allowed slaves to be insulting African tradition from now no more any so call pastor that burns any traditional place of worship, we shall make sure we burn down his church.so get use to it. if you insult our beliefs we shall insult yours as you can see you people came here joblessly to attack traditionalism that didn't disturb you

wrongnumber:

You must be either a pagan or atheist. You are on your own. Go say this about Quran outside and i can imagine what will happen to you.Keep making mockery of the Bible,ride on.
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by wrongnumber: 3:49am On Aug 02, 2015
SexyKaycee:
I weep for Africs

see how people are willingly ditching their customs for Jewishown in the name of taking up christianity

even the whites who brought that religion are moving past it, looking for more realistic ways of developing themselves

we Africans with
slavish mentalities are still hugging it probably till the next wave of colonialization

be firm in your African traditions biko

leave jews to do things jews do

our forefathers told us that the Gods commanded them to pay brideprice this is the same thing the jews said but with different trappings

why should we then obey theirs and forsake ours

i guess we should as well start worshiping Sango,Ogun Obatala and the rest.

It is so laughable that we left the issue on ground to start attacking the Bible.

When it comes to tradition versus God's words,we should never ever choose tradition and no Muslim will dare dump The prophet's injunction fore anything else but when it comes to the bible we se many people writing blasphemous words even the ladies who i believe should be more inclined to God's word's abeg make i stop here. As far as im concerned im with the Op on this issue.

The bolded is laughable,FYI it was a direct commandment from GOD to the Jews who are a representation of anyone who claims to follow GOD's ordinances so enough of these ignorant statement of jew or no jew. the bible says there is neither jew or jentiles.So appalling that you dare compare what the gods of your forefather said to what the creator of your forefathers said.
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by wrongnumber: 3:51am On Aug 02, 2015
onoja12:
guess what you better get use to it, for too long we have allowed slaves to be insulting African tradition from now no more any so call pastor that burns any traditional place of worship, we shall make sure we burn down his church.so get use to it. if you insult our beliefs we shall insult yours as you can see you people came here joblessly to attack traditionalism that didn't disturb you

Se ogbadun? you well so?
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by onoja12: 3:52am On Aug 02, 2015
You should be asking yourself that.slave

wrongnumber:

Se ogbadun? you well so?
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 4:45am On Aug 02, 2015
wrongnumber:

It is so laughable that we left the issue on ground to start attacking the Bible.

When it comes to tradition versus God's words,we should never ever choose tradition and no Muslim will dare dump The prophet's injunction fore anything else but when it comes to the bible we se many people writing blasphemous words even the ladies who i believe should be more inclined to God's word's abeg make i stop here. As far as im concerned im with the Op on this issue.

The bolded is laughable, [b][/b]FYI IT WAS A DIRECT COMMANDMENT FROM GOD to the Jews who are a representation of anyone who claims to follow GOD's ordinances so enough of these ignorant statement of jew or no jew. the bible says there is neither jew or jentiles.So appalling that you dare compare what the gods of your forefather said to what the creator of your forefathers said.

and how did God relay this commandment to the jews? through prophets i guess.. but we also had prophets of our own didnt we? are you now say for hundreds of years our prophets were liars while those of the jews were the ones being true? Slave
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by zonax(m): 5:14am On Aug 02, 2015
OP were you denied a babe because of huge bride price?
I feel your pain. Pele!
Like the line,May the peace of God be of prophet Mohamed.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by INFOLITED: 5:16am On Aug 02, 2015
Nice post !
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by roob: 5:31am On Aug 02, 2015
Toks2008:

No woman should be married for free but the groom should bring what he and his family dim fit for the lady so don't get it twisted.

This is just how you(man) bluntly disobey God' commandments.... And not even show any remorse.

You(man) want 2 amend God's instructions...abi?
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by fyneboi79(m): 5:42am On Aug 02, 2015
iamtomi:
FTC!!!!! grin
Olodo!
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by wtfCode: 5:44am On Aug 02, 2015
Vanquay:
Bride prices are outdated. Why would I pay money for A Used Cargo that could also be a potential Gold-Digga undecided
Geezus!!, nice comment bro
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by nicholasis(m): 5:45am On Aug 02, 2015
I believe that only poor parents value pride price so much and the wealthy ones don't see it as anything
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by wtfCode: 5:49am On Aug 02, 2015
for those of u ladies out there, no sex b4 marriage no bride price.
And if i discovered u aint a virgin, then u gonna pay me 4 the precious resources wasted in the presence of ur wide hole.
*goes back to sleep*
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 02, 2015
If you are saying all this so that people should stop paying bride price then u gotta be dreaming
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Kennitrust(m): 5:58am On Aug 02, 2015
this is one of the reasons I'm single even at 30th. I wish this rules could be scrapped but for greediness that has taken deep root in Nigeria, the single guys are in trouble. God pls help us.
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by MicroBox: 6:00am On Aug 02, 2015
You can't interpret sacred book with common sense, who authorized you. Hadith is to be use as a guidance. I read your first prove then I stopped, you said if anyone defile a virgin he must pay the bride price even if the parent object to the marriage. Before God, a girl is deemed to be married before being defile and every woman was once a virgin so every girl is expected to be married as a virgin. Stop judging from today's world where Tonto dike, Jennifer, Maheeda, Genevieve are all single and happy with fornication. A world where gay and lesbian have say. It's psychology use can't define

1 Like

Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 02, 2015
I HOPE THE IGBO PARENTS GET A HOLD OF THIS ARTICLE...
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Kennitrust(m): 6:07am On Aug 02, 2015
Adaeze003:

The aim of religion is not to uproot us from our culture Mr. The aim of Christianity as far as I'm concerned is to have everlasting life amongst other things. Now, does paying bride price hinder that?

Like I said, those are laws for the jews and not Christians at large.

I do not subscribe to the idea of bride price as well. Slaves are bought not wives. But that's the tradition of the land you're in or intend to marry from. It can be changed but not by hiding behind Christianity. Christianity does not prohibit paying of bride price is all I'm saying.
nawao
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by Kennitrust(m): 6:11am On Aug 02, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
Whaooooo! Thank God my prospective inlaws are Christians. I'm gonna present these facts to them so that I can marry their daughter for free... gringrin
na so u like free things. u no try
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by 9jatatafo(m): 6:22am On Aug 02, 2015
I want to know if bride price are paid in the US, UK, Canada and co. Please I need answer ooo!!!
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:24am On Aug 02, 2015
Adaeze003:

The aim of religion is not to uproot us from our culture Mr. The aim of Christianity as far as I'm concerned is to have everlasting life amongst other things. Now, does paying bride price hinder that?

Like I said, those are laws for the jews and not Christians at large.

I do not subscribe to the idea of bride price as well. Slaves are bought not wives. But that's the tradition of the land you're in or intend to marry from. It can be changed but not by hiding behind Christianity. Christianity does not prohibit paying of bride price is all I'm saying.

christianity is a useless hypocrytical contradictory religion that can be manipulated to meet personal ends.
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by SweetyZinta(f): 6:25am On Aug 02, 2015
@Op, hv u paid ur bride price? Stop blabing go and pay tongue

consult a translated Qur'an to find out what it says and you'd be ashamed of ur earlier stmt
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:28am On Aug 02, 2015
wrongnumber:

The bolded is laughable,FYI it was a direct commandment from GOD to the Jews who are a representation of anyone who claims to follow GOD's ordinances so enough of these ignorant statement of jew or no jew. the bible says there is neither jew or jentiles.So appalling that you dare compare what the gods of your forefather said to what the creator of your forefathers said.

[size=38pt]
SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

YES WE SHOULD WORSHIP SANGO, OBATALA AND OTHER ORISHA! YOU GOT PROBLEM B.ITCH!

THIS NIGERIA IS OUR LAND
WE WERE HERE BEFORE YOUR ST.UPID FOREIGN CULTS CAME IN![/size]
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by 400billionman: 6:34am On Aug 02, 2015
grin

That is why it is good to have a list of 5 ladies who have agreed to marry you. When you go to family A and they funk up, you turn your car and go to family B, the same day and pay the damn bride rice or beans. Or get the cheapest list. Cost cutting measure.

What funking Nonsense!
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by HerexG(m): 6:35am On Aug 02, 2015
Toks2008:

Then definitely the ten commandments are only for the jews.

Tithing are only for the jews.

Jesus died only for the jews

All the instructions God gave us in the bible are only for the jews.

When it comes to facing reality some of us become partisan and shy away from the truth.

Just born the bible and quran and become a pagan then.

Now I want to ask you who made all those things you wrote above the ultimate to man, are people who don't practice that not living and doing well. What conviction do you have that made you believe what those westernize Jewish believes is the ultimate. No man has seen God don't be deceived, so I advice you live your life naturally the way he created you nd be of no stumbling block to your fellow man and live life the fullest. All these believes we hold in a high esteem are what the uncivilized nd uneducated man in past times thought was the basics in life passed on to us the highly civilized and sophisticated.
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by AustinoBaba(m): 6:36am On Aug 02, 2015
In as much as I don't support those long list given by parents, I still think you argument did not represent very well.

Those Bible verses quoted did not explain your stand properly. What did the Bible say we should do before we get married whether to a Virgin or Not?

I think what that place meant is that after defiling a virgin you can still mend your ways by making her your wife.

Where was it stated in the Bible that bride price is meant for only virgins including all the verses u quoted.
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by HerexG(m): 6:40am On Aug 02, 2015
Toks2008:

Apparently Islam and christianity are delusions right?

Permit me to say they are because all their principles are all based on assumptions .
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by saintgoogle(m): 6:40am On Aug 02, 2015
And the bride family would expect me to pay bride price on top a refurbished love peddler?
Next flight to india please :PAnd the bride family would expect me to pay bride price on top a refurbished love peddler?
Next flight to india please
Re: 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. by 400billionman: 6:40am On Aug 02, 2015
Toks2008:
I want all the "My pastor said" to come on and argue these facts and i want the pastors and Bishops who preach contrary to come in and educate me more maybe there is something im missing.

Those people wey dey preach for their pocket. Quoting off point in many cases. I just laugh at them from my sit most times.

By the time I come to church and they start flogging prosperity gospel and giving what I don't have, nah ojoro things be Dat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Husband Denies Me Sex And Affection...its Killing Me / Nigerian Man Baths His Baby, Becomes An Internet Sensation (Photos, Video) / Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.