Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? (37480 Views)

Who Should Supervise A Building Project; Architects, Builders Or Engineers / VERY IMPORTANT: Why Nigerian Civil Engineers Blame Architects/their Incompetence / VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by princeifynicky(m): 9:06am On Aug 30, 2017
FastShipping:

They charge that high because they are greedy. I have seen one charged in the excess of 2M Naira here on nairaland for four-flat.
one billed me 650k for 4 bedroom duplex.. was saying it is 'quality drawing'
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Timtol(m): 9:15am On Aug 30, 2017
[quote author=princeifynicky post=59957864][b]

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by bixton(m): 10:26am On Aug 30, 2017
Architects, Civil Engineers all have what they charge when it comes to building plans.
I don't know anyone in his right senses will want to even debate that or ridicule another.
Do you expect an Architect or Civil Engineer who has put in more than 20years in the profession, a registered fellow in the association,certified in the industry with either seal or stamp etc,etc, to come and charge you #30k for your bungalow design or #80k for your duplex.

Will you go and ask for the services of a SAN and want to pay him chicken change.

If you cannot bargain with your contractor to suit your pocket kindly check for someone else.
Anyone can get good house plans designs for even at the rate of #5k. People have been known to get such from Fiveer and co.

6 Likes

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Timtol(m): 11:16am On Aug 30, 2017
bixton:
Architects, Civil Engineers all have what they charge when it comes to building plans.
I don't know anyone in his right senses will want to even debate that or ridicule another.
Do you expect an Architect or Civil Engineer who has put in more than 20years in the profession, a registered fellow in the association,certified in the industry with either seal or stamp etc,etc, to come and charge you #30k for your bungalow design or #80k for your duplex.

Will you go and ask for the services of a SAN and want to pay him chicken change.

If you cannot bargain with your contractor to suit your pocket kindly check for someone else.
Anyone can get good house plans designs for even at the rate of #5k. People have been known to get such from Fiveer and co.

Well said,I love this but charges do depend on how huge the project is n to b precise we don't kw how large d duplex is which made the architect to charge like that.
5bedroom @250k compare to 4bedroom @650k might depend on it's functions, sqm etc...
So,let's understand ourselves.

U don't need to abuse anyone on senses boss.
All is wisdom n understanding sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by stilquake: 6:57pm On Feb 13, 2018
I am an architect, not an artisan. My canvas is the world around me and my strokes are the artificial visages that identifies man to place. A comparative review by ACAN revealed Nigerian architects earn a meager fee compared to Ghana, Malaysia, S. Africa, UK, USA and Australia. The regulatory bodies recommended that all fees begin at 4.75% of entire project or negotiations do not fall far from #250 000.

My cohorts are "lucky" to get 8% of #250 000. My profession is not a science; its not an art; we slave in a cesspool because we are not valued and have no values. These values are only sight-able beyond our borders: Dubai - Burj Calif, Australia - Sydney Opera, London - Big Ben, NY - Lady Liberty. Envelopes we'd gullibly let go of currency to experience. I know no architect in Nigeria but I can sing the spaces of foreign designers and their spaces in conversations.

My field is not unique to this plight. However, this was composed for a thread, though with well meaning contributors, whose information and experience promotes the archi-sphere of triangle on square. - Happy travels to expensive and inexpensive abroads as you check your bucket list(s) each time you engage in their archi-sphere.

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/97858808/Nigerian-Architect-Fees

2 Likes

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by tushbobo(m): 9:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
Timtol:

Chia!!!
Fraud, I'm an architect n this my field of study n profession.
Abstain from such.
A fellow architect charged 250k for 5bedroom duplex @abuja now compare to 4bedroom duplex at 650k?

So if at all he want to charge for the image below guess how much he will charge...

5bedroom ventilated n quality functions.
Beware of frauders!!!

How is that fraud? If you apply standards and nigerian laws, that amount falls short of the actual fee for such development.

4 Likes

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Timtol(m): 4:17pm On Mar 15, 2018
tushbobo:

How is that fraud? If you apply standards and nigerian laws, that amount falls short of the actual fee for such development.
well I "bend" now cos it's possible to do just a work for 650k for a yr or 6months then a work for 200k twice a month...clients go for lower services with good quality work.
It's d architect's choice and how frequent he get contract
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Dunamix: 10:03pm On Jul 25, 2018
downloading plan from fiverr...
architectural drawings differs with geographic location and civilisation.
how can American architect draw your plan for village house.

service like graphics design, video editing, script writing can be sorted at fiverr but got a functional drawings. use a local architect. unless the design is just for soft copy purpose...

don't think you're so wise by getting plan online.

architect sometimes are called to site when you discover a difficult puzzle. you always refer to your architect any time you want a change or advice.

Fiverr is an online platform where anyone can claim architectural portfolio.

I'm a fiverr user, most people there are money mongers

for those of you who use Fiverr for your plan. send me one of it let's analyse.

am an architect for info

2 Likes

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Konquest: 11:59am On Mar 12, 2019
uwemjack:

Architects are not artisans!
There are industry standards in terms of fees and the level of involvement required.

Normally the fees you pay industry wide is usually a percentage of the cost of construction for a standard project based on the scale of professional fees, which is in the public domain.

However, based on relationship, level of experience or level of desperation you can get lower negotiated fees as low as 20k especially from undergraduate, new graduates searching for job, dropouts etc.

I should also mention that some will overcharge you if the they think they can get away with it.

Bottomline, if you have the money engage registered professionals with physical offices - Architects, Engineers, surveyors etc negotiate fees not higher than scale of fees recommendation. If you don't have the money or you just want a draft - new graduate, undergraduate or young graduate will be a better alternative.

Basically the charge you get will be the value he or she puts on their service.

waht is the value of your service?

Remember there are quacks out there.

2.5m to design a bungalow is outrageous
^^^^^
^^^^^
Brilliant! smiley
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by nifemiayoade(m): 12:28pm On Mar 14, 2019
stilquake:
I am an architect, not an artisan. My canvas is the world around me and my strokes are the artificial visages that identifies man to place. A comparative review by ACAN revealed Nigerian architects earn a meager fee compared to Ghana, Malaysia, S. Africa, UK, USA and Australia. The regulatory bodies recommended that all fees begin at 4.75% of entire project or negotiations do not fall far from #250 000.

My cohorts are "lucky" to get 8% of #250 000. My profession is not a science; its not an art; we slave in a cesspool because we are not valued and have no values. These values are only sight-able beyond our borders: Dubai - Burj Calif, Australia - Sydney Opera, London - Big Ben, NY - Lady Liberty. Envelopes we'd gullibly let go of currency to experience. I know no architect in Nigeria but I can sing the spaces of foreign designers and their spaces in conversations.

My field is not unique to this plight. However, this was composed for a thread, though with well meaning contributors, whose information and experience promotes the archi-sphere of triangle on square. - Happy travels to expensive and inexpensive abroads as you check your bucket list(s) each time you engage in their archi-sphere.

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/97858808/Nigerian-Architect-Fees
this is true .well you can call ARCHARAN CONSTRUCTION COMPANY FOR YOUR PERFECT ARCHITECTURAL ,STRUCTURAL, ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL DESIGN WITH AVOIDABLE PRICE on 08069253261 they will give u a better price .i did my at the rate of 100k

2 Shares

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by keniwonder(m): 2:12pm On May 15, 2019
For your affordable and Standard Structural Design, sealed and stamped. Call Engr. Ken on 08030739024. Cheers!
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by gistorian(m): 1:58pm On Jul 20, 2019
I charge 200k for architectural plan and the rest
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Umarzy(m): 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2019
I am an architectural designer. i charge between 75k-150k for bungalow designs depending on the client's brief. check some of my designs below.

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Timtol(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2019
Umarzy:
I am an architectural designer. i charge between 75k-150k for bungalow designs depending on the client's brief. check some of my designs below.
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Umarzy(m): 5:47pm On Jul 20, 2019
Timtol:

Ok.
Pls I don't seem to understand your roof sir.

Which one? The duplex?
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Timtol(m): 9:18pm On Jul 20, 2019
Umarzy:

Which one? The duplex?
Yh!
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Umarzy(m): 10:50am On Jul 22, 2019
Timtol:

Yh!

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by keniwonder(m): 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2019
Umarzy:
wow! Nice one.
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Umarzy(m): 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2019
keniwonder:
wow! Nice one.

Thanks
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Timtol(m): 7:57pm On Jul 23, 2019
DIORITESTRUCTURES, is a fast growing National & International Leading firm in the Design & Construction Industry with Young best brains, Vibrant, Creative, Charismatic & Intelligent Professionals who has/had played a crucial role in the Infrastructural Development of the Nation & Beyond.

We comprise a team of:
*Architects
*Civil/Structural Engineers
*Electrical Engineers
*Mechanical Engineers
*Quantity Surveyors
*Project Managers etc.

What we offer;
We do all Kinds of Building Designs & Construction Services ranging from:
*Architectural Designs
*3D visualization
*Structural Designs & Detailing
*Bill of Quantity
*Quality Control
*Construction Planning, Execution & Management & all other Related services

We offer the following as well;

*Innovative Designs
*Quality Assurance/Control
*CCTV camera Installation
*WiFi connectivity(from your phone)
*Automatic Curtain installation both long and short directly connected to your phone
*Door sensors in connectivity for accessibility from your phone
*Gate Sensor from your mobile phone and many more
*Cost efficiency
*Safety of Structure to serve it's lifetime
*Resource Management
*Top-notch Services
* And other related services.

We even provide your Project duration for you with a Gantt chat showing resource allocations all in line with relevant Queuing theory. We will Definitely give your Property that Unique quality that gives it that class that you surely deserve. We have many more to offer you than these.

Where to reach us
WhatsApp/Call: +234-810-045-2977(WhatsApp)

Email: dioritestructureslimited@gmail.com
Site; www.dioritestructures..com

https://www.nairaland.com/5004350/diorite-structures-contemporary-designs#75440590

https://www.nairaland.com/4766518/construction-4bedroom-duplex-bq-abeokuta

https://www.nairaland.com/5004365/construction-4bd-rm-duplex-bq

https://www.nairaland.com/5190002/construction-5bedroom-bungalow-pent-ado-ekiti

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by QTConsult(m): 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2020
Standard building deserves standard design, we can offer you a stunning and captivating design / plan for your dream house at cheaper price contact 09032069883 or Whatsapp same number @Q&T CONSULT

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Obestconsults: 8:15am On Jun 22, 2020
If you are in need of an architect r structural designer anywhere in the world .+2348136597332

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Amara05: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2020
Well,I have a good architect who doesn't charge so high.
My works so far, She did them and they're good.

She will charge you less.
You email her on remaradesigns @gmail.com and negotiate things out.I recommend Her.
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Philipslive: 11:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
Call Philips for an affordable quote from 20k
+2348088232988
Thanks
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Abudu2000(m): 10:25pm On Oct 02, 2020
Timtol:

Ok.
Pls I don't seem to understand your roof sir.
the same issue we are debating here now. The difference bw a professional job and one done by quack. This one right here is a certified architect
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by hakeem4(m): 1:47pm On Jun 16, 2021
omotoda:

Mine chargess 50k for bungalow and 95k for duplex because of the structural drawing
so how much are you paying the engr grin grin grin
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by badbreathcure101: 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
sainty2k3:

Many of the so called experienced and professionals actually give out the job to these people u are calling draft, new graduates, even undergraduates
don't mind the ignoramus. If he claims he's a professional he should go for bridge constructions or really significant projects because on this building levels draftsmen has really uped their game. Come to ikotun to see what kids are designing, mad designs. Alot of the professionals are even going hungry coz all they know is grammar and over billing. No clients wants to spend much on a piece of paper and if i was a client I wouldn't too.
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Xtopher123(m): 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2021
Damn,

The entire comment just shows our lack of appreciation for quality work. No wonder we have very poorly designed buildings everywhere with crude craftsmanship and bare minimum when it comes to standards. Just look around you...

As an Architect myself, I intentionally do not regard anyone who calls himself an Architect, Designer or Engineer with no physical address I can walk into when it's time for reviews. It already speaks less of your business sense and design grit.
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Kkconsults: 2:50am On Dec 04, 2023
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNA DN BUILDING CONSTRUCTION PLS SEND A WHATSAPP MESSAGE VIA NUMBER ON OURSIGNATURE AND WE WILL RESPOND ALMOST IMMEDIATELY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State / Two Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lagos (Photos) / What's The Name Of That Chemical For Cleaning Tiles, Where Can I Get It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.