Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

God And His Angels. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God And His Angels. (16129 Views)

It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / When Was Satan And His Angels Cast Out Of Heaven? / Speak God's Word And Activate His Angels - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God And His Angels. by Rapunzel001: 4:17am On Aug 04, 2015
freecocoa:
I was just wondering, why did angels only appear in male form? Is it that there are no female angels or what? What does God have against women exactly, anyone?

God doesn't have anything against women Cocoa... if he does the Bible won't read he that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favour from the Lord... God isn't sexist... he created Adam first and later on created Eve to keep Adam company cos he realized that it isn't good for Adam to be alone... both Adam and Eve were equals until the forbidden fruit was eaten and that was the beginning of gender inequality.
Secondly, you have to understand that Angels aren't biological beings so classifying them based on gender would be out of order. Angels are beings with the ability to manifest with male, female or both male and female sexual characteristics. So please try and understand that God didn't create male or female Angels... he created Angels.. just Angels.

2 Likes

Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 10:35am On Aug 04, 2015
Rapunzel001:

God doesn't have anything against women Cocoa... if he does the Bible won't read he that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favour from the Lord... God isn't sexist... he created Adam first and later on created Eve to keep Adam company cos he realized that it isn't good for Adam to be alone... both Adam and Eve were equals until the forbidden fruit was eaten and that was the beginning of gender inequality.
Secondly, you have to understand that Angels aren't biological beings so classifying them based on gender would be out of order. Angels are beings with the ability to manifest with male, female or both male and female sexual characteristics. So please try and understand that God didn't create male or female Angels... he created Angels.. just Angels.
I don't agree with everything you wrote, but I'll take the one most important as regards this thread, you say angels are able to manifest with male, female or both characteristics, tell us where they have manifested as female ever.

1 Like

Re: God And His Angels. by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 04, 2015
freecocoa:

God is not supposed to be BIASED.
Biased ke. Who are you decide whether God should biased or not. He does not have to be good or evil or biased to be God. What makes him God is that he created the universe.

2 Likes

Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 11:01am On Aug 04, 2015
timonski:

Biased ke. Who are you decide whether God should biased or not. He does not have to be good or evil or biased to be God. What makes him God is that he created the universe.

I am who/what I am and I say he is biased.

1 Like

Re: God And His Angels. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
freecocoa:
I am who/what I am and I say he is biased.
biased relative to what? Yahweh clearly created women as weaker vessels (subhumans), so i don't really see your point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 12:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
timonski:

biased relative to what? Yahweh clearly created women as weaker vessels (subhumans), so i don't really see your point.
If you don't, gently move along. I can't even debate with someone who thinks a woman subhuman, do you even know what that means? Don't even answer that, just move along please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by wisdomiskey(m): 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
freecocoa:
If you don't, gently move along. I can't even debate with someone who thinks a woman subhuman, do you even know what that means? Don't even answer that, just move along please.

d yuh have a job?
yuh r d only persin i follow yet
in a day, i get notified of about 77posts
by YOU alone!

wtf. get a lyf

borreed lonely feminazi angry

ma sliooooong iz still on offer doe kiss

3 Likes

Re: God And His Angels. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
freecocoa:
lol. As a guy, I think a man is worth a dozen women.
Re: God And His Angels. by Rapunzel001: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
freecocoa:
I don't agree with everything you wrote, but I'll take the one most important as regards this thread, you say angels are able to manifest with male, female or both characteristics, tell us where they have manifested as female ever.

**Modified**
Alright Cocoa
First of all... Angels just like you and I are free moral agents who have freedom of choice.... an Angel could freely choose to visit you in the disguised form of a man or woman and you won't even know that you have been visited by an Angel..... I mean did the people of Sodom and Gomorrah know that the guests of Lot where Angels? They referred to them as men... even Samson's parents initially mistook the being sent by God to inform them of Samson's birth for a man of God until the being did something out of the ordinary... Even Paul in his epistle to the Corinthians advised them to show hospitality to strangers cos such strangers could be Angels disguised as human beings... male or female...
Actually Cocoa, Angels are of two groups; there are the Angels of God (Angel Micheal... Angel Gabriel etc) and the fallen Angels aka demons or devils (those who under the leadership of Lucifer aka Satan rebelled against God)....
While to the best of my knowledge it isn't on record that the Angels of God have at anytime manifested themselves to human beings in the form of a woman, there is the possibility that angels may have manifested as women to many human beings without such human beings even knowing that they have received angelic visitation.... Besides, there are many instances on record where demons or devils or fallen Angels (whichever u choose to call them) have manifested themselves as women to their adherents.... the very reason why gods and goddesses exist.... these gods and goddesses are fallen angels.... anymore queries?
Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
Rapunzel001:

Alright Cocoa
First of all... there are the Angels of God (Angel Micheal... Angel Gabriel etc) and the fallen Angels aka demons or devils (those who under the leadership of Lucifer aka Satan rebelled against God)....
While to the best of my knowledge it isn't on record that the Angels of God have at anytime manifested themselves to human beings in the form of a woman, there are many instances on record where demons or devils or fallen Angels (whichever u choose to call them) have manifested themselves as women to their adherents.... the very reason why gods and goddesses exist.... these gods and goddesses are fallen angels....
Oh! Really?

The angels of God in heaven only manifest as males and the fallen angels manifest as male and female? I'm sorry but did you read what you wrote?

Wow! So the goddesses aphrodite, Isis, juno, parvarti, venus, orisha, obida etc are all fallen female angels?

1 Like

Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
Rapunzel001:

**Modified**
Alright Cocoa
First of all... Angels just like you and I are free moral agents who have freedom of choice.... an Angel could freely choose to visit you in the disguised form of a man or woman and you won't even know that you have been visited by an Angel..... I mean did the people of Sodom and Gomorrah know that the guests of Lot where Angels? They referred to them as men... even Samson's parents initially mistook the being sent by God to inform them of Samson's birth for a man of God until the being did something out of the ordinary... Even Paul in his epistle to the Corinthians advised them to show hospitality to strangers cos such strangers could be Angels disguised as human beings... male or female...
Actually Cocoa, Angels are of two groups; there are the Angels of God (Angel Micheal... Angel Gabriel etc) and the fallen Angels aka demons or devils (those who under the leadership of Lucifer aka Satan rebelled against God)....
While to the best of my knowledge it isn't on record that the Angels of God have at anytime manifested themselves to human beings in the form of a woman, there is the possibility that angels may have manifested as women to many human beings without such human beings even knowing that they have received angelic visitation.... Besides, there are many instances on record where demons or devils or fallen Angels (whichever u choose to call them) have manifested themselves as women to their adherents.... the very reason why gods and goddesses exist.... these gods and goddesses are fallen angels.... anymore queries?
Mehn! Na wa o. You succeeded in saying nothing, I am asking why no angel has manifested as female and you are telling me stories.

So the angels of their own accord, decide to come in male form, what are the chances that all the angels will ALWAYS pick a male form? did you read me anywhere, saying that the people sodom knew the men to be angels? Why are you trying to confuse yourself?

All you basically said with the demons and goddess analogy is that, women are evil(that's why the female formed angels are demons) since no good angel has ever taken a female form, or are there any goddesses doing good's work?

Even though nowhere in the bible was it said that, angels have no free will, but it was written that, they are to do god's will, there's no disobedience mixed with obedience in them, if they go against god, they are doomed, that's supposedly why the devil is today, so I ask again, what are the chances that god says, go to earth and do this for me 10 of you angels and they say "yes sire" and then the 10 of them decide they would all like to go to earth as men? My dear, it's not on record anywhere that a female angel was seen and that shows that your god is sexist and non existent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by Rapunzel001: 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
freecocoa:
Oh! Really?

The angels of God in heaven only manifest as males and the fallen angels manifest as male and female? I'm sorry but did you read what you wrote?

Wow! So the goddesses aphrodite, Isis, juno, parvarti, venus, orisha, obida etc are all fallen female angels?

I actually modified my post and if you take time to read it you may come to understand that I didn't state that only the fallen angels manifest as either male or female... Instead I tried to explain that there exists the possibility that the Angels of God may have manifested as women to human beings but such instances aren't on record to the best of my knowledge. Besides, I tried to draw your attention to the possibility that an Angel of God might decide to manifest as a woman to an individual without revealing the angelic identity to that individual. So that individual may not even know that he has been visited by an Angel...
Please don't misunderstand me... the point I'm trying to make is that Angels whether fallen or unfallen AREN'T BIOLOGICAL BEINGS. God didn't create male Angels he just created.... well you know the rest I guess...
Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
Rapunzel001:

I actually modified my post and if you take time to read it you may come to understand that I didn't state that only the fallen angels manifest as either male or female... Instead I tried to explain that there exists the possibility that the Angels of God may have manifested as women to human beings but such instances aren't on record to the best of my knowledge. Besides, I tried to draw your attention to the possibility that an Angel of God might decide to manifest as a woman to an individual without revealing the angelic identity to that individual. So that individual may not even know that he has been visited by an Angel...
Please don't misunderstand me... the point I'm trying to make is that Angels whether fallen or unfallen AREN'T BIOLOGICAL BEINGS. God didn't create male Angels he just created.... well you know the rest I guess...
I have replied to your post.

All the talk about possibilities is just trash(no offence). Let's work with what we have, leave speculation.

Just answer this question.

Between a man and woman, who do you think would convey the message of a childbirth better to a woman?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by Rapunzel001: 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
freecocoa:
I have replied to your post.

All the talk about possibilities is just trash(no offence). Let's work with what we have, leave speculation.

Just answer this question.

Between a man and woman, who do you think would convey the message of a childbirth better to a woman?

No offence taken.... Alright! if I should do it your own way, lets cross out any speculation so working with what we have..... Angel Micheal can manifest as a man to Mary simply because it's his choice the same way Simbi can decide to believe God is Sexist and non existent because it is her choice. Probably if God created only Adam and gave him the ability to reproduce asexually I wonder if anyone would have ever accused him of sexism. And another thing.... God cannot be Sexist and Non-existent at the same time... I mean, how can a being believed to be Non-existent be called a sexist as well eh? It seems to me that as an Atheist you don't believe in God, Satan, Angel, Demon African juju and the like... I seriously envy and wish I could be like you but that isn't possible not with the sort of experiences I've had in life so far.... DEAR LORD PLEASE I PRAY FOR COCOA... THAT YOU SEND HER AN ANGEL WITH WINGS IN THE FORM OF A WOMAN WITH ALL THE SEXUAL CHARACTERISTICS FOR AS YOUR SON CHRIST JESUS SAID WHILE ON EARTH EXCEPT THEY SEE SIGNS AND WONDERS, THEY WILL NOT BELIEVE IN JESUS NAME..... AMEN!!
Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
Rapunzel001:

No offence taken.... Alright! if I should do it your own way, lets cross out any speculation so working with what we have....
Angels whether fallen or unfallen manifest as men simply because they want to much the same way a girl can decide to play with her body simply because she wants to. So Angel Micheal can manifest as a man to Mary simply because it's his choice the same way Simbi can decide to believe God is Sexist and non existent because it is her choice.
Good, I like this, choice is the reason.

Now I ask you, is it normal or even possible, that all the angels, who have the choice of male or female, will only choose male?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by Rapunzel001: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
freecocoa:
Good, I like this, choice is the reason.

Now I ask you, is it normal or even possible, that all the angels, who have the choice of male or female, will only choose male?

Cocoa chocolate... Cocoa bournvita wait eyah... make I go ask Angel Gabriel... I dey come...
Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 7:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
Rapunzel001:

Cocoa chocolate... Cocoa bournvita wait eyah... make I go ask Angel Gabriel... I dey come...
and there goes another.

Have a good.smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by Rapunzel001: 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
freecocoa:
and there goes another.
Have a good.smiley
I never ask am na... ah an... wait I dey come... go slow dey for road
Re: God And His Angels. by 5minsmadness: 9:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
All this is just rigmarolling and apologist talk.

All Angels are males. End of discussion.

****Goes off to work****
Re: God And His Angels. by illiad: 11:15am On Aug 05, 2015
freecocoa:
You are hilarious o, how many atheists do you know that grew up with no belief system?

Didnt get your point
Re: God And His Angels. by iamord(m): 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2015
freecocoa:
I was just wondering, why did angels only appear in male form? Is it that there are no female angels or what? What does God have against women exactly, anyone?
that's courtesy of organised religions. There are female angels. Same way we have female seraphims and goddesses. Only that they person some distinctive roles. Which may not have to do with major human contact
Re: God And His Angels. by 5minsmadness: 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
iamord:
that's courtesy of organised religions. There are female angels. Same way we have female seraphims and goddesses. Only that they person some distinctive roles. Which may not have to do with major human contact
Examples pls.
Re: God And His Angels. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
freecocoa:
Dude I was born an atheist just like everyone else, our parents/society instilled the god nonsense in us.

The only thing that happened is that I make use of my brain, it has nothing to do with being angry.

My my , I never expected it to happen this quick although I saw it coming. I remember we had a discussion a few years back and I recall telling you that you'd soon become an atheist , you were at that phase of drifting between belief and disbelief ( a lot of "us" went through this phase ) , if you truly seek knowledge you'll see sounds and hear sights.

I guess I got to this party late. Yes the Abrahimic religions term all angels as males ( sons of God ) but in some other religions angels come as males and females.
Re: God And His Angels. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
seemples:
You as a woman shld also be interested in being made a hermaphrodite so you wouldn't need a male counterpart...

Your biology is a little off here , hermaphrodites need partners as well , they can not inseminate themselves but exchange their eggs/sperms as seen in earthworms and snails.
Re: God And His Angels. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
herald9:

There's no gender in heaven, but your bible said the angels left heaven to come straff our girls on earth... Who's fooling who?

LWKMD!!!
Re: God And His Angels. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
plaetton:

God didn't kill innocent people?
But He killed people, just not innocent people. Is that your position?

I see you play chess.

1 Like

Re: God And His Angels. by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
You are crazy, you just don't know it yet.

Jisos christ!! I'm having the best laugh I've had in years , LWKMD
Re: God And His Angels. by seemples(f): 6:55am On Aug 06, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Your biology is a little off here , hermaphrodites need partners as well , they can not inseminate themselves but exchange their eggs/sperms as seen in earthworms and snails.

Thank you but in correcting a stand you go the whole yard. Thought you shudav concluded like....'in practice, self fertilisation in true hermaphrodism is yet to be documented but in theory, it's a yes?

Anyway, that's beside the point I was making which I do hope you got.
Re: God And His Angels. by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 06, 2015
seemples:

Thank you but in correcting a stand you go the whole yard. Thought you shudav concluded like....'in practice, self fertilisation in true hermaphrodism is yet to be documented but in theory, it's a yes?

Anyway, that's beside the point I was making which I do hope you got.

I see there's no reason to indulge you.

And no , I don't get your point.

1 Like

Re: God And His Angels. by seemples(f): 8:33am On Aug 06, 2015
neoapocalypse:

I see there's no reason to indulge you.

And no , I don't get your point.

Oh, I see...lol @indulge

Whatever man, whatever!

1 Like

Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 11:55am On Aug 06, 2015
neoapocalypse:

My my , I never expected it to happen this quick although I saw it coming. I remember we had a discussion a few years back and I recall telling you that you'd soon become an atheist , you were at that phase of drifting between belief and disbelief ( a lot of "us" went through this phase ) , if you truly seek knowledge you'll see sounds and hear sights.

I guess I got to this party late. Yes the Abrahimic religions term all angels as males ( sons of God ) but in some other religions angels come as males and females.
Lol, honestly? I don't even know the particular time it happened, took me unawares and the rest is history and what I find cool about this journey so far, is the conviction of never going back, you are just really sure and at peace with yourself.smiley

I've always known everything didn't make sense as a young christian who didn't even know the word atheism then, my mum be like "you need deliverance", these questions aren't to be asked" in my young mind I will say, if am not supposed to ask, why the hell then will god allow the thoughts pop into my head? abegi, so many signs pointing to my doubt and what they concluded was "she's an instrument of god, this is how great servants of god start out" so my dear, the spirit of atheism has always been in me without me realising it.grin

'Started from the bottom now we here'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 11:57am On Aug 06, 2015
illiad:

Didnt get your point
How many people(atheist) do you know, who never had an encounter with religion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Houseboy In Edo Tortured Over Witchcraft Accusation (Video) / Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church / Awesome God, How Great Thou Art:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.