Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! (10850 Views)

Religious Section: Towards A Fair, Better, Greater Nairaland / How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating / My Collection Of Religious Memes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 02, 2015
Op my signature is meant for you and other theists who believe in the unknown.
Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by onetrack(m): 11:16am On Aug 02, 2015
JMAN05:

The imperfect desire to do wrong is high, so atheism gives them certificate to indulge in ungodliness. But they think that is freedom. No, it is rather slavery. 2Pet 2:19

No, it's Christianity which gives certificate to indulge in so-called 'ungodliness'; all you do is pray for forgiveness and keep on doing the behavior! Look around you at all the Christians (and Muslims) who inhabit Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by dalaman: 11:21am On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:

Tell me how rain falls in quick simple illustration. Indulge me and explain.

And I wonder who clicked like.

If you want to know more about rain read it up here. What has that got to do with the fact that your beliefs are in the realm of superstition and mythology?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by menesheh(m): 11:27am On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:

MUST? Is Logic the only realm of thinking on this planet?

If there is any other, why not come up with it and win millions of dollars of scientific noble price.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by Esdb3: 11:43am On Aug 02, 2015
menesheh:

If there is any other, why not come up with it and win millions of dollars of scientific noble prices.

I follow you talk? The dude I was conversing with grabs so sharrap and disappear.
Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by Esdb3: 11:44am On Aug 02, 2015
dalaman:

If you want to know more about rain read it up here. What has that got to do with the fact that your beliefs are in the realm of superstition and mythology?

Will you just do as you are asked men.

I'll go on anyway.

You can logically explain how rain falls right?

Okay a basket and a pail; can both fetch water? And please give me a logical explanation.
Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by menesheh(m): 12:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:

I follow you talk? The dude I was conversing with grabs so sharrap and disappear.

I didn't get your points here?

1 Like

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by finofaya: 12:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
menesheh:

On point,

Religion occupied a lofty position in ancient times and still wanted to continue its sting up till this 21st century that we have learn alot about the earth, universe and the interactions between matter through science. Globalization and reality are stacked enermy to organized religions. We can't continue to hold such dogma which we apparently know that it is myth, illusion and man-made

The era of non-evaluation-of-claims-and-still-hold-it-as-absolute-truth has gone. Human specie have grown to the level of using scientific investigations to ascertain any ideas or claims that worth sustainability.

We should be able to freely discuss every aspect of religion, including the legitimacy of our father in heaven, God.

May skepticism continue to flourish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by menesheh(m): 12:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
finofaya:

We should be able to freely discuss every aspect of religion, including the legitimacy of our father in heaven, God.

May skepticism continue to flourish.

you are awesome.

#skepticism
#logical-absolute

1 Like

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:

I'll go on anyway.

Okay a basket and a pail; can both fetch water? And please give me a logical explanation.
u should be seriously flogged..

Are u on goat sheet?

2 Likes

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by dalaman: 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:

I'll go on anyway.

A very logical and experimental evidence was given in the Wikipedia entry.

A basket can fetch water but the water will pour out because a(conventional) basket has holes all over it. A pail doesn't have holes it it and when it fetches water it has the ability to hold the water.

1 Like

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by finofaya: 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
menesheh:

you are awesome.

#skepticism
#logical-absolute

Thanks man. smiley
Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by An2elect2(f): 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:

grin Do not be deceived, believing in a God does not contradict logic.

Anything that makes sense to them is logical and illogical if it doesn't. Nothing can be farther from the truth.

This men would want you to believe that Logic is a western phenomenon and must be science based i.e culturally based and only understood and followed by few men. This is a bold-faced lie because, "
Eastern philosophies and religions,
such as Hinduism and Buddhism, have long since
recognized the laws of logic, including the law of
non-contradiction. That should give us confidence
that the laws of logic are not simply made up by
people of a particular culture; rather they are
universal laws of reasoning that people from
various cultures have discovered , independently
from each other, through philosophical reflection."

Logical laws are as old as the universe. They are infallible and immutable! and they were created by God himself. Not a product of some biased western thinkers who these kobo kobo atheists in Nigeria are worshipping.

As a rational man that you are, your thoughts are not governed by chemistry or physics or fairies but real existing logical laws. And since these laws are not subjective and fallible, we can say that the will always lead us to basic truths. When you look up, you see the beautiful sky and other wonderful creatures. What tells you there is a creator is not the sky that you see or subjective reasoning but logical truths that govern your rational inferences. In short, the reason you believe there is a God just by looking at everything around you is because of a sense in you which is in every human known as common sense that cannot be refuted but trusted.

We all look up and reason there is a God according to universal logical laws inbuilt by the creator in every one and our atheist friends say we shouldn't trust logic but their own "logic" Who is fooling who?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by Esdb3: 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
dalaman:

A very logical and experimental evidence was given in the Wikipedia entry.

A basket can fetch water but the water will pour out because a(conventional) basket has holes all over it. A pail doesn't have holes it it and when it fetches water it has the ability to hold the water.

Good now you have explained the phenomenon.

When I asked that is logic the only realm of thinking? You replied with some shii. I noticed you didn't get my question. Maybe this will help you.

When I asked about the pail and the basket you logically explained to me how the basket's hole won't let it retain water. You didn't say the basket's shoe or pin because our brain automatically recognises that the cut-out parts of the basket is called a hole. That is a logical explanation. It is a mode of thinking. You have logically explained.

Now explain this:

I have seen a man, you can even ask around fetch water with a basket and the basket had holes(if it doesn't have holes then it isn't a basket right grin). He fetched water with it like you would fetch water with a pail.

Using logic explain the above.
Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by TrajansKong: 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:

Tell me how rain falls in quick simple illustration. Indulge me and explain.

So falls the rain. Foolish unbelievers!!
Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by frank317: 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:
Just be careful they don't mislead you. They are all simply folks who didn't get the right home training, read the wrong books, arrogant, confused, seen nothing in life.

Some are just a fulfilment of the scriptures. Some are angry at fake pastors. Some want to be identified as different. Some want to be like the whites and throw away the african norm.

If you can't handle them don't engage them because if you are not a strong christian, the devil will use them against you.

One thing that should always guard and guide you is:

Religion is not logic; Logic is not Religion; You can be a bad-arse scientist and still Pastor a church.

You are a lost case because u are arrogantly ignorant

1 Like

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by Esdb3: 1:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
frank317:

You are a lost case because u are arrogantly ignorant
You are so abusive. How do people cope with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by dalaman: 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:

Good now you have explained the phenomenon.

When I asked that is logic the only realm of thinking? You replied with some shii. I noticed you didn't get my question. Maybe this will help you.

When I asked about the pail and the basket you logically explained to me how the basket's hole won't let it retain water. You didn't say the basket's shoe or pin because our brain automatically recognises that the cut-out parts of the basket is called a hole. That is a logical explanation. It is a mode of thinking. You have logically explained.

Now explain this:

I have seen a man, you can even ask around fetch water with a basket and the basket had holes(if it doesn't have holes then it isn't a basket right grin). He fetched water with it like you would fetch water with a pail.

Using logic explain the above.

You saw a man using a special basket to fetch water. It wasn't a normal basket, it's a trick magicians use all the time. it's only an illusion. The basket only appeared to be a basket, the holes could have been covered with transparent materials just to deceive people. Magicians use tricks to beguile the public all the time. Richard Angel and David Copper field for example perform incredible magical feats that no African you know can do or has ever done on camera. They walk on water, fly in the air, divide human beings into two half, but they have openly stated that they use tricks and all they do is an illusion. The two of them remain the greatest magicians on earth and have said it's all an illusion, Nothing supernatural at all. It's just tricks.

4 Likes

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by Esdb3: 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
dalaman:

You saw a man using a special bucket to fetch water. It wasn't a normal bucket, it's a trick magicians use all the time. it's only an illusion. The basket only appeared to be a basket, the holes could have been covered with transparent materials just to deceive people. Magicians use tricks to beguile the public all the time. Richard Angel and David Copper field for example perform incredible magical feats that no African you know can do or has ever done on camera. They walk on water, fly in the air, divide human beings into two halfs, but they have openly stated that they use tricks and all they do is an illusion. The two of them remain the greatest magicians on earth and have said it's all an illusion, Nothing supernatural at all. It's just tricks.

What am I saying what are you saying. An old man used weaved palmfrond baskets to fetch water. News was he was going to hurt someone badly that night.
Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by dalaman: 1:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:

What am I saying what are you saying. An old man used weaved palmfrond baskets to fetch water. News was he was going to hurt someone badly that night.

An old man tricked you into believing he used weaved palmfrond to fetch water. Same tricks our native doctors use all of the time.

4 Likes

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by Esdb3: 1:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
dalaman:

An old man tricked you into believing he used weaved palmfrond to fetch water. Same tricks our native doctors use all of the time.

Explain how he tricked me. you weren't there and you are talking so confidently so native doctors trick? Ok with what did he trick? Mtchw. You know what? Just forget.

Bullets kill people right? Logically, what will make a bullet not kill a man if he is shot at?
Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by winner01(m): 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:
Most of them are not atheists but hateists.

Some have suffered something tragic that they think God should have averted even though they never had a relationship with him.

Winner01 wetin na? Why you come steal my ftc.
very true, no vex biko.
Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by dalaman: 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:

Explain how he tricked me. you weren't there and you are talking so confidently so native doctors trick? Ok with what did he trick? Mtchw. You know what? Just forget.

He used an illusion to trick you the same way other magicians do. The greatest magicians on earth like Chris Angel, James Randi and David Copperfield perform illusions greater than the best chief priest or old man in your village can ever perform. They have all stated that it is all tricks and they don't know of any supernatural tricks anywhere. James Randi has a million dollar reward for anybody that can prove the supernatural under a controlled environment.

Bullets kill people right? Logically, what will make a bullet not kill a man if he is shot at?

The bullet can miss the target or the bullet could be a dud bullet that produces only sound but doesn't harm. Armed robbers and cultist use it to intimidate people.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by tpiander: 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
I dont see the reason for your amazement.
Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
menesheh:

Gay marriage don't kill or harm you or anybody. Without appealing to your holybook and in your own mind, rationally tell me reasons why it is immoral?

Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah.......

Brosssss.....

Think well na, abeg

Shey make I help you beg God ni
Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by tpiander: 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:

I'll go on anyway.

yes, both can fetch water.
Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by Weah96: 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:

Nope that is not what I meant. How many atheist have you seen go against orgies or homosexualism?

How many Christian pastors have been caught banging the same sex?

According to you, they are false prophets, predicted by the scriptures. End time Things. As if it takes a supernatural power and IQ to protect one's investment.

What you consider a prediction or prophecy, I call a useful disclaimer. Example, "No one should add or remove words from this book, ever."

You tremble when you see sh.it like that, thinking that a God told someone to write it. All I see is the most basic and cheapest of scams. If I was a wicked person who tells lies for a living, like politicians do, I wouldn't want anyone tampering with my book in the future either.

End time false prophets are another convenient disclaimer. When you write a book of lies, you can expect that someone down the road will join you in propagating that lie. The person may not be as careful with their public behavior and just in case they are caught sucking dik in the Walmart bathroom, the book can disown them.

How much do you want to bet that the Quran also has disclaimers? I can bet that no one can add or subtract words from it. I'm willing to bet that "false prophets" or apostates were also anticipated by Jibril and Mohammed.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by plaetton: 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
Esdb3:
They are all simply folks who didn't get the right home training, read the wrong books, arrogant, confused, seen nothing in life.

I am glad that you inadvertently admit that religious beliefs starts in the home.
So, if your home is Hindu, you grow up Hindu and believing in Hindu gods.
Therefore, you are a christard by simple accident of birth, nothing else.

Esdb3:
Just be careful they don't mislead you. They are all simply folks who didn't get the right home training, read the wrong books, arrogant, confused, seen nothing in life.

Some are angry at fake pastors.

Wow!
You mean there are such a thing as fake pastors ? shocked

Well then, if there fake pastors, there were also bound to be fake biblical prophets, fake apostles, fake saviours, fake virgin births and of course words of god, fake scriptures and fake gods.

Esdb3:
Some want to be identified as different.

Lol.
ISNT everyone different in some way ? shouldn't everyone be identified as a different separate individual ?

Esdb3:
Some want to be like the whites and throw away the african norm.

Lol.
This has gone full r.et.ar.d. grin

So, when exactly did Christianity , the blind irrational and illogical (your words ) reverence to middle east myths and worship of middle east gods become THE AFRICAN NORM ?

Esdb3:

If you can't handle them don't engage them because if you are not a strong christian, the devil will use them against you.

Lol.
Continuing in the full r.et.ar.d mode, we now invoke the Almighty and equally UBIQUITOUS Devil, the imaginary god's evil twin brother.
grin grin

Esdb3:
One thing that should always guard and guide you is:

Religion is not logic; Logic is not Religion;

Re.t.ar.d mode overdrive :

You forgot to add that religion, not being logical, is also not being rational, which means not being sensible, which, translated in modern English, means DUMB.
So, your advice to the op is truly MONUMENTALLY DUMB.

Esdb3:

You can be a bad-arse scientist and still Pastor a church.

Lol.
This one, I agree 100 %.
Indeed, you can be a pastor of a church, and still be a scientist, albeit, A BAD-Bleep Scientist.
we have some on Nairaland.
cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by GodnGold: 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
Whatever makes you sleep at night and wake up the next day...Every man for himself.
Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
onetrack:

No, it's Christianity which gives certificate to indulge in so-called 'ungodliness'; all you do is pray for forgiveness and keep on doing the behavior! Look around you at all the Christians (and Muslims) who inhabit Nigeria!

Do u believe u ever sin? Do u live by Gods standard? Keep being a slave to ur desires.
Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by sorextee(m): 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
See intelligent people here o smiley.. this is why d religion section is my favorite...

1 Like

Re: Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! by onetrack(m): 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
JMAN05:

Do u believe u ever sin? Do u live by Gods standard? Keep being a slave to ur desires.

The idea of sin is a man-made concept. I do not believe in sin. I do not believe in god so there is no divine standard.

I set my own standards for behavior based upon what I believe to be good and bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

*~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? / What Is The Worst Sin A Christian Can Commit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.