Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth (22339 Views)

Christians Was King Solomon Really Wise?? / Someone Posted This About The Bible's King Solomon / About John. D. Rockefeller, The Richest Man Ever Since King Solomon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 8:45am On Aug 02, 2015
[img]http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/mp/r1/lp-e/bm/2009/94[/img]

"History Channel stated on the 2008 show "Searching for Solomon" that in today's market, King Solomon would EASILY be the richest man alive since he would be worth in upwards of $850 billion USD."

Another source also says:

King Solomon didn't have money. He had something much more valuable. He had gold, silver, and tons of resources. He had so much he could control the value of "money". He had the power to say that bill gates would have to live on food stamps for the next 2 years. And then say that he could be a billionaire again. Basically he could tell you he has $10 dollars or $10 trillion dollars and he would be telling the truth.

Taking into what his father already had (David) on today's market at around $1000us an oz he was worth 222 trillion dollars.

In terms of property and possessions, though the amount is vast, no exact answer can be given since much of his property is either not recorded or is incompletely described. The Tanakh (Hebrew Bble) does not place emphasis on financial "worth."

1 Kings 10:27
The king made silver as common in Jerusalem as stones, and cedar as plentiful as sycamore-fig trees in the foothills.

Source: http://www.answers.com/Q/How_much_money_did_Solomon_have
http://www.history.com/news/the-search-continues-for-king-solomons-mines

Note: No wealthy person apart from King Solomon has ever made pure silver as common as stones even unto the lay man/common man.

222 Trillion Dollars. shocked
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by ikbnice(m): 8:51am On Aug 02, 2015
On the path to discovering King Solomon's mine. Till then, i reserve my comment
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 02, 2015
help me today , Jesus to do what i have to do

1 Like

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Infomizer(m): 9:33am On Aug 02, 2015
Op, have you met Mansa Musa?

5 Likes

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
Infomizer:
I met his Nephew yesterday. wink

1 Like

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Infomizer(m): 12:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
Brandnew2:

I met his Nephew yesterday. wink
Clap 4 yaself!

1 Like

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 2:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
Infomizer:

Yep, but I saw a list where he was the 3rd wealthiest, Rockefeller came next and then King Solomon.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by dsquare33: 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
This goes to show that God is the controller of the world's resouces and wealth(deuteronomy8vs18) and He chooses to give it to whom He wills.God told Solomon that none will be as wealthy as he is before and after his lifetime(1kings3vs8-13). The problem he had was that he misuse the "Grace" that God gave him no wonder he later wrote that being wealthy is vanity. if wealth and riches is not properly harnessed for the right cause it may become a curse. All in all Godliness with contentment is a great gain.

3 Likes

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Infomizer(m): 6:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Yep, but I saw a list where he was the 3rd wealthiest, Rockefeller came next and then King Solomon.
Link to the list?
Solomon has got nothing on this guy mhen

2 Likes

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 7:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
Infomizer:

Link to the list?
Solomon has got nothing on this guy mhen

Well, I know Mansa Musa is considered to be the most wealthy (Worth about $400 Billion Dollars). But note that King Solomon's wealth was never fully documented. So it was hard to even get an appropriate estimation.

But check this out. http://www.wealthresult.com/2013/07/top-10-richest-men-of-all-time-in.html

Check this: http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/world/10-richest-people-who-have-ever-lived/ King Solomon was not even on this list because no sufficient documentation.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Infomizer(m): 10:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Well, I know Mansa Musa is considered to be the most wealthy (Worth about $400 Billion Dollars). But note that King Solomon's wealth was never fully documented. So it was hard to even get an appropriate estimation.

But check this out. http://www.wealthresult.com/2013/07/top-10-richest-men-of-all-time-in.html

Check this: http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/world/10-richest-people-who-have-ever-lived/ King Solomon was not even on this list because no sufficient documentation.

My point exactly..

1 Like

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Weah96: 12:14am On Aug 03, 2015
Mansa Musa was the richest man ever, in terms of today's valuation.

He gave away so much gold on his trips that the local economies suffered inflations for 10 yrs.

Everyone had gold, even the homeless people.

But you rather believe the Jews who don't have any natural resource to their name. Even common plantain, dey no get. Ha-ha-ha.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by plaetton: 1:16am On Aug 03, 2015
I am Sorry, but the fables of King Solomon and his purported wealth is surest proof that the bible is nothing but a book of fairy tales.
Has Anyone noticed all kings in children s fables are always stupendously Wealthy?

Anyone one believes that a historical Solomon was extraordinarily Wealthy does not understand simple economics.

First, the ancient hebrews, at the supposed era of Solomon, had virtually nothing that would have made Solomon extraordinarily Wealthy.

They had no far reaching expires, no colonies, no tributaries, no economy, no fertile soil, no gold or minerals deposits, no spoils of conquests.

What exactly could have made King Solomon, in the 40yrs of his reign, without an economically viable empire, so purportedly sooo Wealthy?
The virgin wealth? grin
Or holy money ritual?

Solomon, as a king, would have naturally been wealthier than his very very poor subjects. It is not surprising that his supposed wealth is greatly exaggerated by the biblical scribes.

More importantly no iota of the remnants of the purported empire or the purported wealth has ever ever been found by historians and acheologists.
How come?

No sensible adult with a rudimentary understanding of economics should believe in that children s fairy tale of stupendously Wealthy kings.

7 Likes

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 7:40am On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:
I am Sorry, but the fables of King Solomon and his purported wealth is surest proof that the bible is nothing but a book of fairy tales.
Has Anyone noticed all kings in children s fables are always stupendously Wealthy?

Anyone one believes that a historical Solomon was extraordinarily Wealthy does not understand simple economics.

First, the ancient hebrews, at the supposed era of Solomon, had virtually nothing that would have made Solomon extraordinarily Wealthy.

They had no far reaching expires, no colonies, no tributaries, no economy, no fertile soil, no gold or minerals deposits, no spoils of conquests.

What exactly could have made King Solomon, in the 40yrs of his reign, without an economically viable empire, so purportedly sooo Wealthy?
The virgin wealth? grin
Or holy money ritual?

Solomon, as a king, would have naturally been wealthier than his very very poor subjects. It is not surprising that his supposed wealth is greatly exaggerated by the biblical scribes.

More importantly no iota of the remnants of the purported empire or the purported wealth has ever ever been found by historians and acheologists.
How come?

No sensible adult with a rudimentary understanding of economics should believe in that children s fairy tale of stupendously Wealthy kings.

Sorry but what you said here is not based on facts. Next time try to bring up concrete arguments.

Go do a research on king Solomon and stop assuming.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Ranchhoddas: 8:42am On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Sorry but what you said here is not based on facts. Next time try to bring up concrete arguments.

what facts did you bring up?
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 8:49am On Aug 03, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
what facts did you bring up?

There are historical documents online you could check up.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by plaetton: 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Aside from the mythical Solomon, there are no facts, non whatsoever, about the fabled Solomon.

Since you put yourself on the line here, I hereby Challenge You to kindly present any historical facts about King Solomon.

If you fail to do that here, then big big shame on you, and forever keep quite when adults are having a discussion.

5 Likes

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by plaetton: 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Lol.
By the same token that Santa Clause, despite much written about his philantrophy, did not Make it on the list.
Because King Solomon is a mythical figure.

Is that so hard to figure out?
Daahhhhhh!!

3 Likes

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by hahn(m): 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
Crap. King Solomon's wealth goes against common sense. What did he sell? What was his business? What natural resource did Jerusalem have? What plants did he have?

I have to agree with plaetton on this. King Solomon is just another myth. And where exactly is all that money today?

6 Likes

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by plaetton: 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
hahn:
Crap. King Solomon's wealth goes against common sense. What did he sell? What was his business? What natural resource did Jerusalem have? What plants did he have?

I have to agree with plaetton on this. King Solomon is just another myth. And where exactly is all that money today?

Lol.

Maybe a holy spiri spiri came upon Solomon in the night and impregnated him with gold bars.
grin
Or, his harem of 1000 wives and 800 concubines were laying eggs of gold for him.
grin

It amazes me that African adults unabashedly believe, wax loudly and publicly at such nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 12:51pm On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:

Aside from the mythical Solomon, there are no facts, non whatsoever, about the fabled Solomon.

Since you put yourself on the line here, I hereby Challenge You to kindly present any historical facts about King Solomon.

If you fail to do that here, then big big shame on you, and forever keep quite when adults are having a discussion.

Haha. Dude for real? Actually your problem is not with what I said but the bible. The problem agnostics have with Solomon's story is,they don't want to believe it was real. Because if they found out it was real then there is a possibility of the the Bible being real. And they don't want to believe the Bible is real.

Archaeologists have found seals, inscribed stones, shields e.t.c that dates back and corresponds with the historical accounts from the Talmud. The Talmud (which contains this records) has not yet been proved invalid.

Please if you want to tell the whole world King Solomon was a myth, why don't you prove and give reasons why the Talmud is fake.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:

Haha. Dude for real? Actually your problem is not with what I said but the bible. The problem agnostics have with Solomon's story is,they don't want to believe it was real. Because if they found out it was real then there is a possibility of the the Bible being real. And they don't want to believe the Bible is real.

Archaeologists have found seals, inscribed stones, shields e.t.c that dates back and corresponds with the historical accounts from the Talmud. The Talmud (which contains this records) has not yet been proved invalid. And also the records of other historians that have been found.

Please if you want to tell the whole world King Solomon was a myth, why don't you prove and give reasons why the Talmud is fake.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by hahn(m): 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

Maybe a holy spiri spiri came upon Solomon in the night and impregnated him with gold bars.
grin
Or, his harem of 1000 wives and 800 concubines were laying eggs of gold for him.
grin

It amazes me that African adults unabashedly believe, wax loudly and publicly at such nonsense.

What do you expect from people who believed that bathing/drinking salt water could cure ebola? undecided

1 Like

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by plaetton: 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Archaeologists have found seals, inscribed stones, shields e.t.c that dates back and corresponds with the historical accounts from the Talmud. The Talmud (which contains this records) has not yet been proved invalid. And also the records of other historians that have been found.

Gosh!

What are they teaching these kids in Nigerian schools?

Another mo.ron asking me to prove a negative.
Says so much about the paucity of your brain.

Where are they getting fishbrains like this?

Show proof that King Solomon was a historical figure, or, shut your ignorant mouth.

1 Like

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:

Gosh!

What are they teaching these kids in Nigerian schools?

Another mo.ron asking me to prove a negative.
Says so much about the paucity of your brain.

Where are they getting fishbrains like this?

Show proof that King Solomon was a historical figure, or, shut your ignorant mouth.

Why don't you show proof that your great grandfather existed.

When immature folks don't have anything concrete to say, they quickly resort to abuses thinking it will give weight over what the other person is trying to pass across.

5 Likes

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by plaetton: 1:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

When immature folks don't have anything concrete to say, they quickly resort to abuses thinking it will give weight over what the other person is trying to pass across.

I diocy, publicly displayed, is quite irritating.
In case you are new here, we flush out and shame LETHAL MYTHOLOGIES.

You opened a thread to wax loud about the Solomon s legendary wealth, but without providing one iota of evidence to back it up.

Do you think we are sundayschool children here.?

You say something utterly false and silly, and then You ask me to prove otherwise?
Do you walk on your head?

3 Likes

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:

I diocy, publicly displayed, is quite irritating.
In case you are new here, we flush out and shame LETHAL MYTHOLOGIES.

You opened a thread to wax loud about the Solomon s legendary wealth, but without providing one iota of evidence to back it up.

Do you think we are sundayschool children here.?

You say something utterly false and silly, and then You ask me to prove otherwise?
Do you walk on your head?

Shoosh

1 Like

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by plaetton: 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I suppose Solomon was your great grandfather?
Brainwashed zombie.

The point is that you have been trying to pass along silly stone-age myths as factual truths.
That's the issue here.

Everyone here is waiting for your proof.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:

I suppose Solomon was your great grandfather?
Brainwashed zombie.

The point is that you have been trying to pass along silly stone-age myths as factual truths.
That's the issue here.

Everyone here is waiting for your proof.

Watch your blood pressure.

Matthew 7:6
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

So I can understand your problem.

1 Like

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by plaetton: 2:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Watch your blood pressure.

Matthew 7:6
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

So I can understand your problem.

Lol.
Everyone is waiting for your proof.

I am sure next time, you will be a lot more careful before coming here to promote stone-age nonsense.

You been served.

3 Likes

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Everyone is waiting for your proof.

I am sure next time, you will be a lot more careful before coming here to promote stone-age nonsense.

You been served.

Haha! Who are the "everyone". I only see two folks trying to bask in their ignorant bliss.

No 1. I didn't even write this posts for agnostics.

No 2. Most of you funny agnostics believe the first humans created wheels out of stones. I wonder how they got the historical evidence for that.

Or could it be the way they found that out is the same way King Solomon's account was found. I don't know I am just thinking here.

1 Like

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Ranchhoddas: 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

There are historical documents online you could check up.
there are also historical documents of Thor,Prometheus,Achilles and even Sango online.Go figure!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation / My Father's Sister Is A WITCH / 7 Type Of People You Will Notice When You Board A Church Bus To Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.