Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria (237799 Views)

HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment / MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. / The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
[b]1. National Open University has been barred from the compulsory National youth Service Scheme due to not meeting up with N.U.C Specifications.

2. B.S.C Nursing in National Open university of Nigeria has been withdrawn

3. B.S.C Community health and extension worker has been changed to public health has instructed by the NUC

4. There Is Endemic Corruption In The National Open University Of Nigeria fees Charges due to the E-payment of School fees.

5. NOUN Centers across the country are the worst educational environment you can ever think of in the country that an average primary school is better off

6. NOUN student doesn't participate in the compulsory NYSC

7. NOUN student are less Employed on the field due to lack of experience

8. NOUN student are not paid the stipulated N10000 0r 15000 after industrial attachment.

9. Students do not attend lectures in Noun, they only read their course materials which are not always readily available for collection in their School library

10. Young NOUN Students are easily turn into destitute. My neighbors that are studying in NOUN, Smoke Weed/Cigarette, Alcohol, Womanize e.t.c till they eventually graduate.

11.NOUN Student are not researchers.

12 T.M.A (Tutor marked Assignment) portal has been hacked, students go directly there to collect readily available answers for test and examination, thereby enabling student to no longer need to study for TMA to get 30/30 in the Tutor marked assignment cause it is share, for sale e.t.c amongst themselves of which same Exposed TMA are to be repeated again in their examination.

13. NOUN is not on Nigeria university rankings according to the best institution in Nigeria. so therefore not competing with the conventional universities

14. There is total confusion in the System

15 Student union is totally forbidden in the tertiary institution

Add yours

In short, the National Open University Of Nigeria is the worst Tertiary Institution anywhere across the globe. I will therefore strongly urge the National University commission to Look into the System of this tertiary institution and removed the institution out of the existing educational system in Nigeria.
[/b]

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
No b dah school OBJ attend one time like that?...
The school was dead on arrival...No focus,no plan,no agenda...I pity her students!...They should just close it up.
I'm a man utd fan buh I want arsenal to win o
A BIG CONGRATULATION TO ALL THE ARSENAL FANS WORLDWIDE!!!
Hit like if u want make e pain chelsea fans well well.

134 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Esdb3: 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
STC
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by davuvid(m): 1:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
Lols...op pele o, no vex
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
I dey laugh this op she no know why...... continue with your ignorance.... it's allowed

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
I dey laugh this op she no know why...... continue with your ignorance.... it's allowed
Tell us why, that's why is a forum

15 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
The worst school ever Op is on point. they don't use jamb or utme enter self grin I pity people wey they patronize d place

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by okosodo: 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
Obasanjo is a graduate of NOUN

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
If all these are true, then the big question is: Why is this NOUN still a thing?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
chowlade:

Tell us why that's why is a forum

What is the meaning of OPEN UNIVERSITY and who was it created for?....

I know people who finished from open university and are gainfully employed!

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
The school is just to collect money from student and award certificate. all d Student i know in my area too Smokes weed and fight always, their females just getting pregnant anyhow.
Shame on the school.

15 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
Lol na them say them say some people dey use comment for NL.....chai!.. Nigerians! grin

5 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by funmijoyb(f): 2:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
that school is not a School. Primary school leaving certificate is better than Open university PHD Cert.
Mitcheeew

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
Onijagidijagan:
The school is just to collect money from student and award certificate. all d Student i know in my area too Smokes weed and fight always their females just getting pregnant anyhow.
Shame on the school.

So your conventional universities don't have weed smokers ba...lol

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
funmijoyb:
that school is not a School. Primary school leaving certificate is better than Open university PHD Cert.
Mitcheeew

See another one grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by funmijoyb(f): 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
okosodo:
Obasanjo is a graduate of NOUN
u r abusing Obasanjo indirectly bah? grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

are you a student of noun? if yes, share your experiences now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
chowlade:

are you a student of noun if yes, share your experiences now

What experience do you want to hear.. lollol

Noun wasn't created for your likes, those it was created for are making good use of it and are not complaining... the rest of you should face your Jamb and 7 to 7 lectures and lecture halls...... some of us have a living to make.

131 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
Lies, bullshit and nothing but bullshit! Now let me dissect the OP's point one after the other.
chowlade:
National Open University has been barred from the compulsory National youth Service Scheme due to not meeting up with N.U.C Specifications.
So? Who needs NYSC in the first place. Many can argue that the programme is a complete waste of time which could be put into better use either going for a Masters, acquiring required professional experience or learning some necessary vocational training that would better aid your hustling once you are done with school. In fact, our friends that didn't partake in the so called NYSC seem to be better off than us as they had a year start over we that went for service

Endemic Corruption In The National Open University Of Nigeria fees Charges due to the E-payment of School fees.
Then why do students of other schools cause riots at any single opportunity available to them if not for the same reason you are pointing out here. Corruption is rife in almost every educational institution in this country, I see no reason why you are singling NOUN out as if others are Saint and they (NOUN) are the inventor of sin.

5. NOUN Centers across the country are the worst educational environment you can ever think of in the country that an average primary school is better off
So 500 students cramped in one class like sardine is any better? undecided stop pointing accusing fingers if you ain't holy yourself.

6. NOUN student doesn't participate in the compulsory NYSC
Same old bullshit

7. NOUN student are less Employed on the field due to lack of experience
another big fat lie! Believe me when I tell you this, no other institution in this country have students with experience than NOUN. In fact the school was created for those with experience. That's what it stands for, that's what it is.

8. NOUN student are not paid the stipulated N10000 0r 15000 after industrial attachment.
I am a graduate of one of the conventional universities and till today I am yet to collect a dime for 3 months hard labor I put in industrial Training 5 years ago.

9. Students do not attend lectures in Noun, they only read their course materials which are not always readily available for collection in their School library
Lies! Materials are readily available in the school, dunno where you are getting this junk from.

10. Young NOUN Students are easily turn into destitute. My neighbors that are studying in NOUN, Smoke Weed/Cigarette, Alcohol, Womanize e.t.c till they eventually graduate.
complete baloney!

11.Student are not researchers.
Still trying to comprehend what this crap means?

In short, the National Open University Of Nigeria is the worst Tertiary Institution anywhere across the globe. I will therefore strongly urge the National University commission to Look into the System of this tertiary institution and removed the institution out of the existing educational system in Nigeria.
lalasticlala, ishilove
Come back with a better write-up once you have done a better research and you fully understand what the school stands for.

Friedplantain

243 Likes 21 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

What is the meaning of OPEN UNIVERSITY and who was it created for?....

I know people who finished from open university and are gainfully employed!
the matured ones that has already gotting job before they are giving the school admission right?
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Baroque(f): 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
----
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

What experience do you want to hear.. lollol

Noun wasn't created for your likes, those it was created for are making good use of it and are not complaining... the rest of you should face your Jamb and 7 to 7 lectures and lecture halls...... some of us have a living to make.
see you, prove me wrong of any above listed contents
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
Baroque:
hahaha.. Op no be lie

l can attest to your points with their study centre at Anambra, Abagana precisely.

Young lads are greatly wasting their time over there!

Na cultism dem sabi pass
i don't want to mention studies centers you will be very sorry for Nigeria educational system
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
chowlade:

the matured ones that has already gotting job before they are giving the school admission right?

Gbam!....not kids looking for admission.... but will Nigerian youths hear word?... no....they won't find out the meaning of something before they chook head,when they do and it's not favoring them,they start foaming from the mouth.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by ennon92(m): 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
Turning into destitute? It happens in conventional universities too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
chowlade:

see you, prove me wrong of any above listed contents

Prove you wrong?... because you're who?.. undecided......who has that kind of time?.. Lol... continue with your belief....as for me,I have no problem with them cos it suites my schedule and way of life.. like lamipasco would say.... Shalom coolp

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Prove you wrong?... because you're who?.. undecided......who has that kind of time?.. Lol... continue with your belief....as for me,I have no problem with them cos it suites my schedule and way of life.. like lamipasco would say.... Shalom coolp

that's what you should say. Lazy bone lol

3 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
chowlade:

that's what you should say. Lazy bone lol

Lazy bone?...

Let's see

I work for a Construction Company, I'm a web/graphic designer on the side, I'm also into forex trading

Define Lazy again please? undecided

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Come to FUTA and see things for yourselves but that open university has giving room for laziness on part of some student
i knew of some student that were withdrawn frm FUTA they applied to NOUN immediately without there parent knowing and were giving admission. they are there now now inspite telling all sort of lies to there parent they are in FUTA.
MY brother i swear with My diick. they dont go to school, na weed, party, woman den they do

4 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Lazy bone?...

Let's see

I work for a Construction Company, I'm a web/graphic designer on the side, I'm also into forex trading

Define Lazy again please? undecided
My bad, i think you are not the people i thought you might be. i'm so so Sorry.

7 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
chowlade:

My bad, i think you are not the people i thought you might be. i'm so so Sorry.

Its all good grin

6 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
Onijagidijagan:

Come to FUTA and see things for yourselves but that open university has giving room for laziness on part of some student
i knew of some student that were withdrawn frm FUTA they applied to NOUN immediately without there parent knowing and were giving admission. they are there now now inspite telling all sort of lies to there parent they are in FUTA.
MY brother i swear with My diick. they dont go to school, na weed, party, woman den they do

That's them..... the fact there are a few bad eggs doesn't make the whole crate bad na

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Ahmadu Bello University (A B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Admission / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.