Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 (30254 Views)

Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown / Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] / New Olubadan To Be Called Aje Ogungunniso 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Dragonking: 8:43am On Aug 05, 2015
kettykin:
Much as i do not subscribe to ipob or biafra my candid suggestion to Sunday Oliseh and co is that if you are not igbo kindly drop or change your igbo name .

Igbos have too many accomplished deltans to be begging for membership from someone who was not even an accomplished footballer
Because somebody has an Igbo name does not make him Igbo...Ayo orisejafor bears a Yoruba name but do u see the Yoruba's shouting that he is a Yoruba? I guess you also have and English name, does that make you come from England? Pls use ur sense abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by scholes0(m): 9:03am On Aug 05, 2015
Sunday Oliseh was born and bred in Onitsha Anambra state.
I dont think he is stu.pid ....... And he must have had enough exposure to Ibo culture and people, to be able to decipher what he considers himself to be..

btw: What does Ogorchukwu mean in Ibo lang? ... anyone willing to help?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Observant: 9:43am On Aug 05, 2015
Dragonking:
Because somebody has an Igbo name does not make him Igbo...Ayo orisejafor bears a Yoruba name but do u see the Yoruba's shouting that he is a Yoruba? I guess you also have and English name, does that make you come from England? Pls use ur sense abeg.

Bearing an English name doesn't make him English but it simply shows a contact with a certain people.
Just like bearing Christian name shows contact with Christians.

Ogochukwu Oliseh is a proper igbo name so to help resolve the identity crisis he should help clarify how the Ika came to bear names unique to the Igbos.
It's funny that with all the denial the same faith awaits him and the proudly igbo man in the geographical expression called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Observant: 9:49am On Aug 05, 2015
scholes0:
Sunday Oliseh was born and bred in Onitsha Anambra state.
I dont think he is stu.pid ....... And he must have had enough exposure to Ibo culture and people, to be able to decipher what he considers himself to be..

btw: What does Ogorchukwu mean in Ibo lang? ... anyone willing to help?

It means Gods favour (Blessing). My grandmother gave my oldest sister that name It's as igbo as a name can get.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Dragonking: 9:56am On Aug 05, 2015
Observant:

Bearing an English name doesn't make him English but it simply shows a contact with a certain people.
Just like bearing Christian name shows contact with Christians.

Ogochukwu Oliseh is a proper igbo name so to help resolve the identity crisis he should help clarify how the Ika came to bear names unique to the Igbos.
It's funny that with all the denial the same faith awaits him and the proudly igbo man in the geographical expression called Nigeria.

Only ogochukwu is the Igbo name not oliseh..And I have seen several igbos with more than one English name but that doesn't mean he is from England... Like you earlier said, it shows a point of contact with certain people which is the case here. If you check ancient history, Igbos, deltans were all ruled under the Benin empire hence their similarities..same with Yoruba lands too(but that is a discussion for another time) E.g Urhuobo or isoko will say Ndoo, same with igbos and Edos. Because of their time together they share similar traits, names and history. But this doesn't make deltans, Igbo's and others Edo. I hope u get my point.
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by onuwaje(m): 10:29am On Aug 05, 2015
Dragonking:
Only ogochukwu is the Igbo name not oliseh..And I have seen several igbos with more than one English name but that doesn't mean he is from England... Like you earlier said, it shows a point of contact with certain people which is the case here. If you check ancient history, Igbos, deltans were all ruled under the Benin empire hence their similarities..same with Yoruba lands too(but that is a discussion for another time) E.g Urhuobo or isoko will say Ndoo, same with igbos and Edos. Because of their time together they share similar traits, names and history. But this doesn't make deltans, Igbo's and others Edo. I hope u get my point.
Urhobo,isoko and say 'DOH' not 'NDO
That's why u hear isoko/urhobo WAA-DOH
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Dragonking: 10:46am On Aug 05, 2015
onuwaje:

Urhobo,isoko and say 'DOH' not 'NDO
That's why u hear isoko/urhobo WAA-DOH
The letter "N" is the only difference but the meaning are similar because they all shared a history with the Benin kingdom.
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by onuwaje(m): 10:48am On Aug 05, 2015
Dragonking:
The letter "N" is the only difference but the meaning are similar because they all shared a history with the Benin kingdom.
Yea u shud av stated it earlier
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:56am On Aug 05, 2015
Dragonking:

Oliseh is Igbo. It's a variant of Olisa.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by aviona: 10:56am On Aug 05, 2015
Thread after thread, all you read is same display of unending frustration.
The question that actually bugs the mind is, what exactly do some of these psychos cum wannabe 'enlightened historians' stand to lose, simply because the Ika people clearly insist that (irrespective of whatever shared similarities), they are NOT and should NOT be referred to as Igbos?

With that said, the question to these commedians lamenting here then is, have you in anyway lost claim to your own 'Igbo identity', or have you suddenly found it so difficult to breath through your nostrils, simply because some people choose to have a distinct identity? What exactly do you stand to lose?
Imagine a post somewhere above, where one even kept lamenting how sad his/she is, and ended up presenting some lame Fulani-Hausa analogy. Unknown to you, you ignorantly and ironically end up making the same Ika people even more popular than they hitherto were.
Unfortunately, it's their call and not yours... So just keep the complex in check. Your discomfort is so glaring and irritating to others, biko. Kind regards though.
Learn to live and let others live!... one love!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 05, 2015
Dragonking:
Only ogochukwu is the Igbo name not oliseh..And I have seen several igbos with more than one English name but that doesn't mean he is from England... Like you earlier said, it shows a point of contact with certain people which is the case here. If you check ancient history, Igbos, deltans were all ruled under the Benin empire hence their similarities..same with Yoruba lands too(but that is a discussion for another time) E.g [s]Urhuobo or isoko will say Ndoo, same with igbos and Edos. Because of their time together they share similar traits, names and history. But this doesn't make deltans, Igbo's and others Edo[/s]. I hope u get my point.

urhobo gat nothing in Common with Igbo,

Names - No
Food - No
Behavior - No
Dressing - No

Don't know were u got ur fact from

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Observant: 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
Dragonking:

Oliseh is an igbo name also bore by Igbo people from Ontisha.
According to your analogy why didn't they bare Edo names? how come there communities bare igbo names with igbo meanings? E.G Igbanke, even Anioma?
The Big questions remains who are they and what is there history of migration, settlement and cultural inclination?
If they migrated from Edo, why will they abandon there names and totally to pick up the igbo language when there tribe of ancestry still remain dominant

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by illiad: 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Why I hold my view,it because I grew up with them, I attended schools with them till university. Uniben catchment areas consist mainly of Delta and Edo state. If they see an igbo man, they would claim igbo. But if a non Igbo call them Igbo, they would start explaining how they are not Igbos.

I think you might be very right. I have had friends from agbor but never has any of them say anything to suggest they're not Igbo.

Anyway it's not my forking business if anyone is Igbo or not. I am Igbo and never gave a fork about another man's identity crisis

1 Like

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by PabloAfricanus(m): 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
aviona:
Thread after thread, all you read is same display of unending frustration.
The question that actually bugs the mind is, what exactly do some of these psychos cum wannabe 'enlightened historians' stand to lose, simply because the Ika people clearly insist that (irrespective of whatever shared similarities), they are NOT and should NOT be referred to as Igbos?

To these maniacs lamenting here; have you in anyway lost claim to your own 'Igbo identity', or have you suddenly found it so difficult to breath through your nostrils, simply because some people choose to have a distinct identity? What exactly do you stand to lose?
See a post somewhere above, where one even keep lamenting how sad his/she is, and ended up presenting some silly Fulani-Hausa analogy. Unknown to you, you ignorantly and ironically end up making the Ika people even more popular than they hitherto were.
Unfortunately, it's their choice and not yours... So just keep the complex in check, 'cos your discomfort is so glaring and irritating to others.
Learn to live and let others live!

Loool.
Thanks for the response.
I just take exception to my post being termed silly...I dont think its silly IMO.
Cos the effects of this identity crisis was and still is real.
From your reply, I can say you are just like them...skipping the issues that have cost people their lives and making it look trivial.
You do not sit by and watch people denounce you publicly...your pride and name is at stake.
Fact is...due to the events that have transpired as a result of this confusion, the issue is not trivial.
Let me prove it to you.
But consider this too...and please be honest.

What if the Igbos from the Eastern Region or say Ojukwu being the SE Region governor in the aftermath of January 1966 had issued the following statement:
"We wish to make this known to the whole and Nigerians, the peoples bearing Igbo-sounding names
and speaking Igbo dialects in the Mid-Western Region are actually Bini and Igalla people.
If you thought they are Igbo, they are not and are actually from a city called Bini, their fathers migrated
down and somehow forgot their Bini tongue and just found it expedient to adopt Igbo language,
Igbo names, Igbo traditions over their native Bini ones.
So we wish to clarify that it was these Bini people called Ikas who killed Ahmadu Bello,Akintola, Balewa,
Ademulegun,Shodeinde, Largema,Okotie-Eboh and others.
Eastern Region Igbos do not recognize these impostors and Nigerians should be wary of them too."

Now how about that? Just like the way Oliseh and the rest are publicly denouncing...aint it okay too?
Have you ever wondered why during the civil war campaign, after Asaba indigenes came out singing "One Nigeria"
to welcome the Federal soldiers...they were invited to the square, men and boys were separated from women.
And then on the orders of Murtala and Ibrahim Taiwo...over 700 of these men and boys were gunned down in one fell swoop.
No where in the whole history of the civil war was this repeated, even when the federal troops were taking SE Igbo towns
one after the other.
The Northern officers knew that the bulk of the officers who killed in cold blood the leaders of other regions were Ikas.
Even Ifeajuna from Onicha being Zik's cousin was Anioma...did you know that?
The Eastern Region could have saved themselves enormous loss in lives if they had simply taken the route Oliseh and his
kinsfolk are taking now...clarify where you belong. Don't you think so?

Or lets carry it to a logical conclusion, cos I'm surprised the Igbos in their typical crude manner have not started calling
the bluffs of these shameless people.
What if where ever the Ikas and Aniomas stand up in a public setting to introduce themselves and announce their names,
(and ofcourse it will be some hard core Igbo name)...an Igbo speaker rises up and tells the audience...
"don't mind that man bearing Igbo names, he's actually a Bini man bearing an Igbo name.Don't confuse them for Igbos. I do not know why they are not comfortable with their Bini culture and tradition.Please tell them to stop the attachment to anything Igbo".

Imagine if the next Nigerian at the Euston Ted talk being an Igbo man had done that.
Swell punch..don't ya think?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by omonnakoda: 3:23pm On Aug 05, 2015
Oliseh did not denounce anything ,He just clarified that he is not Eeb even though he has Eeb name
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by agadez007(m): 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
Dragonking:
stop talking bullshit,oliseh has always been the name of God where i come from and i know many families answering it as surname also and as for ur info igbos have nothing in common with urhobo,isoko and others
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Dragonking: 9:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
agadez007:
stop talking bullshit,oliseh has always been the name of God where i come from and i know many families answering it as surname also and as for ur info igbos have nothing in common with urhobo,isoko and others
Thank you
You don't know your history...Igbo's migrated from the ancient Benin empire if you don't know. Same as uhruobos, isokos, itsekiri, ijaw etc. Read here and be enlightened;

History of Onitsha {By CHIKA ABANOBi}

http://www.edoworld.net/History_of_Onitsha.html

history of Onitsha is said to have begun with the migration of its people from the Benin Empire towards the end of early part of the 16th century....Onitsha, capital of Igbo Kingdom; The immigrant settlers from Benin were said to have been helped by the Igalas to cross the river to settle in Onitsha in the 16th century

Read and be enlightened and stop talking trash..Igbo's were originally from the Benin Empire, same as other tribes in the Niger delta.
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Dragonking: 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
PabloAfricanus:

Loool.
Thanks for the response.
I just take exception to my post being termed silly...I dont think its silly IMO.
Cos the effects of this identity crisis was and still is real.
From your reply, I can say you are just like them...skipping the issues that have cost people their lives and making it look trivial.
You do not sit by and watch people denounce you publicly...your pride and name is at stake.
Fact is...due to the events that have transpired as a result of this confusion, the issue is not trivial.
Let me prove it to you.
But consider this too...and please be honest.

What if the Igbos from the Eastern Region or say Ojukwu being the SE Region governor in the aftermath of January 1966 had issued the following statement:
"We wish to make this known to the whole and Nigerians, the peoples bearing Igbo-sounding names
and speaking Igbo dialects in the Mid-Western Region are actually Bini and Igalla people.
If you thought they are Igbo, they are not and are actually from a city called Bini, their fathers migrated
down and somehow forgot their Bini tongue and just found it expedient to adopt Igbo language,
Igbo names, Igbo traditions over their native Bini ones.
So we wish to clarify that it was these Bini people called Ikas who killed Ahmadu Bello,Akintola, Balewa,
Ademulegun,Shodeinde, Largema,Okotie-Eboh and others.
Eastern Region Igbos do not recognize these impostors and Nigerians should be wary of them too."

Now how about that? Just like the way Oliseh and the rest are publicly denouncing...aint it okay too?
Have you ever wondered why during the civil war campaign, after Asaba indigenes came out singing "One Nigeria"
to welcome the Federal soldiers...they were invited to the square, men and boys were separated from women.
And then on the orders of Murtala and Ibrahim Taiwo...over 700 of these men and boys were gunned down in one fell swoop.
No where in the whole history of the civil war was this repeated, even when the federal troops were taking SE Igbo towns
one after the other.
The Northern officers knew that the bulk of the officers who killed in cold blood the leaders of other regions were Ikas.
Even Ifeajuna from Onicha being Zik's cousin was Anioma...did you know that?
The Eastern Region could have saved themselves enormous loss in lives if they had simply taken the route Oliseh and his
kinsfolk are taking now...clarify where you belong. Don't you think so?

Or lets carry it to a logical conclusion, cos I'm surprised the Igbos in their typical crude manner have not started calling
the bluffs of these shameless people.
What if where ever the Ikas and Aniomas stand up in a public setting to introduce themselves and announce their names,
(and ofcourse it will be some hard core Igbo name)...an Igbo speaker rises up and tells the audience...
"don't mind that man bearing Igbo names, he's actually a Bini man bearing an Igbo name.Don't confuse them for Igbos. I do not know why they are not comfortable with their Bini culture and tradition.Please tell them to stop the attachment to anything Igbo".

Imagine if the next Nigerian at the Euston Ted talk being an Igbo man had done that.
Swell punch..don't ya think?
My brother thank you....Most igbos don't know that they are from the ancient Benin empire who migrated to the east.
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Dragonking: 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
Observant:

Oliseh is an igbo name also bore by Igbo people from Ontisha.
According to your analogy why didn't they bare Edo names? how come there communities bare igbo names with igbo meanings? E.G Igbanke, even Anioma?
The Big questions remains who are they and what is there history of migration, settlement and cultural inclination?
If they migrated from Edo, why will they abandon there names and totally to pick up the igbo language when there tribe of ancestry still remain dominant

My brother read this piece and be enlightened about ur history; History of Onitsha {By CHIKA ABANOBi}

Igbos migrated from ancient Benin kingdom same as ijaws, urhoubo, isoko, itesekiri etc

Igbo's were originally under the Benin empire.
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2015
Dragonking:
My brother read this piece and be enlightened about ur history; History of Onitsha {By CHIKA ABANOBi}

Igbos migrated from ancient Benin kingdom same as ijaws, urhoubo, isoko, itesekiri etc

So, you read a post on one town on the banks of the Niger, and all of a sudden you feel you know where the hundreds of towns and groups that make up the Igbo came from?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Dragonking: 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2015
Radoillo:

So, you read a post on one town on the banks of the Niger, and all of a sudden you feel you know where the hundreds of towns and groups that make up the Igbo came from?
Read the full write up and as you can it is titled history of Onitsha, or is Onitsha not Igbo again? You can google the rest that came out of the Benin kingdom. The fact remains that Igbo's are from the ancient Benin empire and that is a fact you can never take away.
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
Dragonking:
Read the full write up and as you can it is titled history of Onitsha, or is Onitsha not Igbo again? You can google the rest that came out of the Benin kingdom. The fact remains that Igbo's are from the ancient Benin empire and that is a fact you can never take away.

If only you people cared enough to make some enquiries before making statements on an issue that clearly isn't your forte, you would know that at least three-fifth if not more of Igboland has no place for Benin in its origin narratives. But no, you people won't do research. Igboland begins and ends in Onitsha.

[I don't even want to go into how questionable Onitsha's supposed Bini origins are.]

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by BermudaTriangle(m): 11:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
Dragonking:

Caveat Emptor
Take any history by an igbo author with a pinch of salt. They plagiarise and falsify. Piracy and counterfeiting runs in their veins. Igbo originated from the lineage of Gath. Igbo originated from Nri, etc, all by igbo authors. I expect you to wail and roar like lions but am not moved.
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Emilokoiyawon: 12:11am On Aug 06, 2015
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by REDBUNNY(f): 10:12am On Aug 06, 2015
Udmaster:
Delta Igbos in Benin?? The past chairman of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo is a Delta Igbo Man,, go and ask Binis and Itsekiris why they hate being called yorubas? And don't quote me again with this ur body odour!!
There is a part of edo state called igbanke that speaks Ika,a dialect in a part of delta north.
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by McKren(m): 7:53am On Aug 07, 2015
I am Igbo and proud to be called one

People can choose to be called what they like

But there is something very very shallow about a man starting his speech with my name is ogochukwu Oliseh and I am not Igbo!

Firstly nobody asked him the question. Secondly his clarification is unimportant!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by DeeMain(m): 8:31am On Aug 07, 2015
Beremx:
Someone said he's not Igbo and he's been attacked. Can you blame Sunday Oliseh for denying being Igbo?

I am yet to see any Igbo speaking Deltan admitting they are Igbos.

Berem, you are smart, you are intelligent, but sometimes when you make certain statements about your tribe, you come short. Little wonder, the vast majority of Igbos here don't like u.

The above statement u made here is not true. I would understand if someone from another tribe made it but not u, a nwa ada.

For the sake of arguments, even if the statement were true, u know why many would deny being Igbo during and after the war: if u were Deltan and Igbo during the war, it meant certain death or threats to your life or excommunication or deprivation or mockery or jeering or hate of some kind from non-Igbos or from government.

Why don't u balance your views with such insights. That's what an objective, detribalized Igbo would do. Unless of course, u hate your tribe, which I don't believe u do.

Biko, were ire gi guo eze gi onu.

Wepu aka enwe n'ofe ka o hapu igho aka mmadu.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Emilokoiyawon: 8:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2015
oluwalfa:

He is a brainwashed fool
See as soon as he denied he is is not Igbo, the next logic thing would be to tell us his tribe but instead he talked about his village
That should tell you something

Why do you people attack anyone who denies being igbo especially the Aniomas? You can't force them to be what they are not.

Have you ever heard an Awori or Egba person denying being Yoruba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by oluwalfa: 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2015
walexy30:

Why do you people attack anyone who denies being igbo especially the Aniomas? You can't force them to be what they are not.

Have you ever heard an Awori or Egba person denying being Yoruba?

Even Peter denied knowing jesus
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 08, 2015
Afam4eva:

But Yorubas claim the Yoruboid groups in Kwara and Kogi and even though a Yoruboid group is more likely to claim Yoruba than an Igboid group doing same with Igbo, there is no gain saying that people feel affinity to groups that that share a lot with.

I also agree that there are no pure people and by understanding that, you will understand how ethnicity differs from tribe.

Those people in those parts of Kogi and Kwsra sre Yoruba groups; the question of claiming does not arise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Emilokoiyawon: 2:36am On Aug 08, 2015
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Canadian Terry Duguid In Igbo Attire During Festival. Photos / DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) / My Village Masquarade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.