Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. (3425 Views)

Difference Between Arranged Marriage And Love Marriage ( See Photo) / Simple Tips For A Happy Marriage ? / How To Spice Up Your Marriage And Also Prevent Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Rajjah(f): 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
To the successful mothers in the house, what is the secret of your happy home and marriage? How is your relationship with your husband, his families and your kids like? How can a young woman start building her home to make it a success? Eager to learn as no knowledge is a waste cos as a woman, I can settle down anytime.

#waiting to hear from you mothers#
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Cutehector(m): 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
Hw d hell did I get into dis thread

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Rajjah(f): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
Cutehector:
Hw d hell did I get into dis thread
cos u ain't a mother? Come on, u too cn learn, 4 ur future wife.
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by innervoice(m): 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
Rajjah, why do you only ask mothers and not fathers? angry
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by kossyablaze(m): 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
Always make the moves for bleep

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Cutehector(m): 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
Rajjah:
cos u ain't a mother? Come on, u too cn learn, 4 ur future wife.
lol I dnt hav to learn evrytn for my future wife.. I'v learnt how to cook, go to d market, live by myself, produce things... While she is out dr doin nothn..
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
Communication; talk to each other and with each other. Discuss everything. 2). My time, your time; men don't like being caged. Let him have time with the boys and you have time with the girls. 3). Respect each other; don't denigrate your spouse especially in the presence of other people. 4). Don't bring in others; don't let your friend, mother, pastor or whosoever play mediator in your home. Resolve all differences by yourself. 5). Marriage is not a contest where one person wins. There's no trophy. Apologize when you are wrong. 6). Get involved in each others activities. If he loves video game or soccer or Mexican soap, get basic interest. It enriches communication. 7). Don't create the basis for comparison. The neighbour could dress better or smell better or have better car. Don't push your spouse. Men should make their wives their queen, even if she has put on some weight. Lastly). There's no woman wrapper. Help out in the kitchen if you can. Help with the children's homework. Show affection in public. Push the shopping cart. Take out the trash. It's your home. I hope I'm useful to you in any way.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Rosemary216(f): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
Whr are d 'successful' mothers na? Am also itching to hear!
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by anthoniaz(f): 7:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
I'm not a mother yet smiley but will be soon wink.

One thing I have come to understand in marriage is that, for it to work, your effort and that of your husband is needed.If you are angry with your spouse, don't keep malice, discuss and settle whatever the issue is.Treat your spouse the same way you expect to be treated, and above all, always pray for your spouse, pray for understanding, pray for wisdom.

As a woman, always pet your hubby, men are just like babies, they like being pampered. smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by teeboo: 7:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
kITATITA:
Communication; talk to each other and with each other. Discuss everything. 2). My time, your time; men don't like being caged. Let him have time with the boys and you have time with the girls. 3). Respect each other; don't denigrate your spouse especially in the presence of other people. 4). Don't bring in others; don't let your friend, mother, pastor or whosoever play mediator in your home. Resolve all differences by yourself. 5). Marriage is not a contest where one person wins. There's no trophy. Apologize when you are wrong. 6). Get involved in each others activities. If he loves video game or soccer or Mexican soap, get basic interest. It enriches communication. 7). Don't create the basis for comparison. The neighbour could dress better or smell better or have better car. Don't push your spouse. Men should make their wives their queen, even if she has put on some weight. Lastly). There's no woman wrapper. Help out in the kitchen if you can. Help with the children's homework. Show affection in public. Push the shopping cart. Take out the trash. It's your home. I hope I'm useful to you in any way.

She said it all
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
teeboo:

She said it all

I am a man biko; with grey hair sef. I'm not a she.
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Rajjah(f): 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
innervoice:
Rajjah, why do you only ask mothers and not fathers? angry
well cos mothers re the sole home builders.
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Rajjah(f): 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
anthoniaz:
I'm not a mother yet smiley but will be soon wink.

One thing I have come to understand in marriage is that, for it to work, your effort and that of your husband is needed.If you are angry with your spouse, don't keep malice, discuss and settle whatever the issue is.Treat your spouse the same way you expect to be treated, and above all, always pray for your spouse, pray for understanding, pray for wisdom.

As a woman, always pet your hubby, men are just like babies, they like being pampered. smiley
hmmm, nice but hmm I lik been pampered too.
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by innervoice(m): 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
Rajjah:
well cos mothers re the sole home builders.

With this attitude, you are very unlikely to have a happy home yourself but I wish you the best of luck.
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by teddybear007(f): 9:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
I believe wen u get to the bridge, u device a means of crossing it. Alot of things has being said abt marriage or should i say, a successful one. Whatever rocks ur boat might not go down well wit another. God’s grace and wisdom is all u need. Gracias.
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by bukatyne(f): 9:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
innervoice:

With this attitude, you are very unlikely to have a happy home yourself but I wish you the best of luck.

Lols

Abeg free me grin

Sole authority; sole home builder cheesy

Body builder go soon join
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by anthoniaz(f): 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
Rajjah:
hmmm, nice but hmm I lik been pampered too.
Of course.Who doesn't grin He will reciprocate.
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Rajjah(f): 10:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
innervoice:

can u pls tell me y u said that above?
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Rajjah(f): 10:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
bukatyne:

Lols

Abeg free me grin

Sole authority; sole home builder cheesy

Body builder go soon join
M sure u kno this is not joke section n u re a lady, I wonder y u put up dis attitude.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Rajjah(f): 10:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
teddybear007:
I believe wen u get to the bridge, u device a means of crossing it. Alot of things has being said abt marriage or should i say, a successful one. Whatever rocks ur boat might not go down well wit another. God’s grace and wisdom is all u need. Gracias.
I understand but I believe in the saying "no knowledge is a waste".
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Chidoks(f): 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
looking at where i came from and whom i'm married to; i think the best secret to a happy home is know the man you are married to.not the one that proposed.the one that is your husband.try and learn his behavioral pattern.what does he like/ appriciate, what appeals to him, what puts him off, what does he like eating, when does he want his meald served and all...
you see men are complex; no two men are alike behaviorally so don't treat him the way your best friend treats her hubby. but generally, they appriciate any woman that respects and honours them.know your man, fit in to his pattern, accomodate him, creative and constructive criticisms please, massage his ego.call him my lord and he will melt like icr

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Rajjah(f): 6:10am On Aug 03, 2015
Chidoks:
looking at where i came from and whom i'm married to; i think the best secret to a happy home is know the man you are married to.not the one that proposed.the one that is your husband.try and learn his behavioral pattern.what does he like/ appriciate, what appeals to him, what puts him off, what does he like eating, when does he want his meald served and all...
you see men are complex; no two men are alike behaviorally so don't treat him the way your best friend treats her hubby. but generally, they appriciate any woman that respects and honours them.know your man, fit in to his pattern, accomodate him, creative and constructive criticisms please, massage his ego.call him my lord and he will melt like icr
I learnt somtin here. Some men can be very complex n filled with ego plus pride. I pray I dont get married to over complex man cos even me, m quick to anger especially wen som1 involve with me makes one mistake twice after correctn.
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by teddybear007(f): 8:50am On Aug 03, 2015
Rajjah:
I learnt somtin here. Some men can be very complex n filled with ego plus pride. I pray I dont get married to over complex man cos even me, m quick to anger especially wen som1 involve with me makes one mistake twice after correctn.

Then u need more than an advice, u need alot of growing up to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by 5minsmadness: 9:07am On Aug 03, 2015
Rajjah:
Don't worry, you'll do well.
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by dyttt: 9:22am On Aug 03, 2015
where are the wives oooo
this section has the most active *happy wives*
please come and share even if they happen to be only in the dreams grin grin
e want to read*in my lil mans voice*
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by lilmax(m): 9:30am On Aug 03, 2015
When you have a prob at home dont bring it to this section or else......

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Chidoks(f): 10:09am On Aug 03, 2015
Rajjah:

darling work on that anger as soon ad possible.amen to your prayers but bear in mind that no singld man can be your mr right as in no single man can meet all your requirements.so at the end of the day you are bound to choose the closest call..i pray you get the man that complements you best but a man with very low male ego is no good...they are the type that will want you to foot most of the bills if not all..in all you do remember that a wise woman keeps her home.remember to be submissive.work on that anger asap.God bless you and grant your wishes ...
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Rajjah(f): 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
Chidoks:

darling work on that anger as soon ad possible.amen to your prayers but bear in mind that no singld man can be your mr right as in no single man can meet all your requirements.so at the end of the day you are bound to choose the closest call..i pray you get the man that complements you best but a man with very low male ego is no good...they are the type that will want you to foot most of the bills if not all..in all you do remember that a wise woman keeps her home.remember to be submissive.work on that anger asap.God bless you and grant your wishes ...
Ameen. God bless you too.
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by innervoice(m): 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
Rajjah:
can u pls tell me y u said that above?

Because it takes two to tango.
Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by bukatyne(f): 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
Rajjah:
M sure u kno this is not joke section n u re a lady, I wonder y u put up dis attitude.

Ok, on a serious note, grin

Engage the poster I will quote in a serious dialogue.

The first step to a happy home is choosing the right person.

innervoice:

Because it takes two to tango.

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. by Rajjah(f): 5:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
Because it takes two to tango. [/quote]oh, ok. U re right but u c, mothers play 60% of the role in d home. I really dont kno how to make u undstnd but u shud kno dat women make most effort to have a successful n happy home cos lots of broken homes re often tagged as the woman's fault.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sharing Same Clothing With Our Younger Ones. Is It Proper? / Nick Vijicic: Man Born Without Limbs Share Photos Of Wife & Son / Shocking Fact About Beer Consumption In Nigeria!! (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.